"I can't make Kaiju anymore..."
"I think you misunderstand me. I'm fine with you becoming a Kaiju yourself. Instance...Abreaction!"
- ―Alexis turning Akane into a Kaiju
Subtitle: Self-Entrapment Monster (自縄自縛怪獣 Jijō Jibaku Kaijū)
Seeing that Akane refused to create any more kaiju, Alexis decided to instead turn her into one, saying that someone who makes Kaiju is a Kaiju themselves. Within it, Akane was haunted by her grief and the victims of her past kaiju. As Zegga rampaged through town, Gridman/Yuta asked Anti to deal with it while he regrouped his friends for the final battle. After a short struggle between Zegga and Gridknight, Anti opened up its mouth and jumped into the 'face' inside, where he managed to pull Akane out of it, though he was impaled by Alexis immediately after. Zegga sat lifeless and then rolled around aimlessly, before it was erased by Gridman's Grid Fixer Beam.
- Designer: Mahiro Maeda
- Zegga's design is actually recycled from a scrapped concept art of Kahn Digifer's invasion tentacle from the final episode of Gridman the Hyper Agent. Though it was also based on Gatanothor from Tiga and Takkong from Return of Ultraman.
- Since Zegga's roar is derived from Akane screaming "No!" upon Alexis using his Instance Abreaction, Zegga's roar is altered in the Funimation dub to reflect that. However, the translation is lost, as it was altered into Akane's English dub voice actress doing an agonizing scream.
- Height: 80 m
- Weight: 99,000 t
- Weakness: As Zegga is directly created from Akane's distorted mind, the monster is entirely dependent on the young girl as long as she remained in it. Once Anti pull her out, Zegga became immobile.
- Powers and Weapons
- Roar: Zegga's roar produces extremely powerful and destructive shockwaves.
- Electrical Shock: A release of electricity from Zegga's body.
- Tentacles: Numerous tentacles sprout from its body.