Subtitle: Space Dinosaur (宇宙恐竜 Uchū Kyōryū)
- Height: 58 m
- Weight: 60,000 t
- Origin: Space → Ryugamori Lake
In the year 1965, Yanakargi came to Earth pursued by Ultraman. The Ultra sealed the beast at the bottom of a lake in Japan. Thirty-one years later, an alien by the name of Charija travelled to Earth to find or buy a new monster. Unable to find a kaiju, Charija used a device to travel back to 1965. There he released Yanakargi from his wet tomb.
Daigo Madoka pursued the alien, but could not stand and watch as a monster went on a rampage. He transformed into Ultraman Tiga and began to fight the kaiju. After a long battle, Yanakargi began to drain Tiga's energy. Suddenly, due to Eiji Tsuburaya's strong will, Ultraman was summoned. Ultraman came to the rescue and healed his brother-in-arms. The two Ultras then fired their signature beams, the Zepellion Ray and Specium Ray, killing Yanakargi. Charija then disappeared, vowing to return.
- Suit actor: Toshio Miyake
- Yanakargi pays several tributes to Ultraman to celebrate the Ultraman Series' 30th anniversary.
- Yanakargi's appearance and role are based the monster Bemular, the first monster Ultraman fought.
- On Yanakari's stomach the Japanese spelling for "Tsuburaya" is written.
- The lake that Yanakagi was sealed away in, Ryugamori Lake, is the same place that Bemular had been hiding in the first episode of Ultraman.
- Yanakargi also shares the same subtitle with Zetton, the final Kaiju that Ultraman faced.
- Yanakargi was created from a modified Goldras suit by repainting it, removing its horns and spikes, and adding ears.
- Yanakargi is Okinawan for "Plain Woman."
- Powers and Weapons
- Energy Consumption: Yanakargi can consume the energy of his opponents by siphoning directly it into his mouth.