Utsuutsu (鬱鬱 Utsu'utsu) was a teen genius of an unnamed foreign country in Ultraman F. Alongside her older brother Soso, she was born with a frail body and shorter life expectancy, who eventually transformed into Dark Faust after making a deal with Dark Zagi.
Utsuutsu's name contains the repetitive Kanji for "鬱", which translated into depression, signifying her constant pessimism.
Alongside Soso and Inpei Seant, Utsuutsu was ordered by an unnamed marshal to create clone monsters for military strength after Ultraman's departure. The siblings created clones of Kemur, Gomora and Bullton, but the pair would eventually defect from the military after Bullton caused the dimensional tear that brought multiple monsters and aliens to Earth.
When Dark Zagi appeared, Soso and Utsuutsu wished to become kings of the new world and in turn transformed into Giants of Darkness. Soso became Dark Mephisto and Utsuutsu becomes Dark Faust and they proceeded to lay waste to Osaka, especially the Shinsekai district. When Akiko Fuji challenged them as Giant Soldier F, neither of them proved to be proficient fighters (due to their aforementioned frail physicality). Zagi joined them and managed to weaken F but once all three of them open fire on Fuji, her Mefilas Bots were radiated and in turn transformed her into Ultraman F. The female Ultra countered their attacks by killing Faust with the Spacium Beam and wounded Mephisto with the M87 Ray. Utsuutsu's spirit managed to stop Soso from destroying Earth and brought her brother along as they departed to the afterlife.
Powers and Weapons
- Genius-level Intellect: Utsuutsu is evidently one of the young prodigies who is capable of mastering the science of cloning.
- Although their age is unspecified, Soso and Utsuutsu's status as young Ultra Hosts may parallel with Yuuto Tamaki or around those of Hikaru Raido. In fact, they are also the first to be aligned with darkness.
- It is hinted that instead of a simple transformation, Soso and Utsuutsu traded their humanity to transform into Dark Giants, thus making the giants themselves are their current forms.
- How they obtained their Dark Giant forms from Zagi is based on the old German story that inspired their giant's named; a story where a man named Faust exchange his soul with the devil in exchange for unlimited knowledge. Like the titular Faust, the siblings were also researchers.
- Despite having traded her humanity, Utsuutsu is the only one out of the Giants of Darkness to attack humanity out of reluctance instead of sheer hatred.