|This article is incompatible with the Visual Editor. Please edit with the source editor instead.|
- 1 Conception
- 2 History
- 3 Profile
- 4 Trivia
- 5 References
Grigio means "Gray" in Italian, a name shared with a species of kaiju in the series. Despite this, their Japanese names are spelled and pronounced differently: Ultrawoman Grigio (ウルトラウーマングリージョ Urutoraūman Gurījo) vs Grigio Bone (グルジオボーン Gurujio Bōn). The former Katakana was indeed from Saki Mitsurugi's true name, which Asahi adopted as her Ultrawoman alter-ego in her memory.
Ultraman R/B The Movie: Select! The Crystal of Bond
During the battle against Ultraman Tregear and Snake Darkness, Asahi had transformed into Grigio Regina. However, her attacks, as well as those of Ultramen Rosso, Blu and Geed were ineffective against them. As they were about to be beaten, Saki Mitsurugi's spirit reached out to Asahi, who unlocked her true power. Grigio Regina's exoskeleton then split open, and Ultrawoman Grigio emerged from it. Restoring the energy of the three Ultra Warriors, she helped them against their opponents but they were still outclassed. To finish the battle, the Minato siblings joined hands and called upon the Makoto Crystal, fusing Rosso, Blu and Grigio into Ultraman Groob, joining Geed Ultimate Final in a more evenly-matched battle. Eventually, Groob destroyed Snake Darkness via the Groobing Beam and freed Yukio from Tregear's dark influence.
Ultra Galaxy Fight: New Generation Heroes
With her brothers overseas, Asahi remained in Ayaka City to protect it from danger. She transforms into Ultrawoman Grigio to train, but Ultra Dark-Killer suddenly arrives through a portal chasing Ultraman Zero. Dark-Killer demanded that Zero hand her over, but he refuses, so Dark-Killer sends them both to his Dark-Killer Zone. Refusing to give up, a weakened Grigio managed to protect Zero and hold her own against Ultraman Zero Darkness before proceeding to replenish the energies of her brothers, allowing them to merge into Ruebe, who later overwhelmed the combined efforts of Zero Darkness and Dark-Killer. However, Tregear revives both Zero Darkness and Dark-Killer, the latter of which growing to gigantic size.
To battle him, the Minato siblings fuse into Ultraman Groob. Once the New Generation Heroes had finally defeated Dark-Killer, Rosso and Blu decide to send Grigio back to Ayaka City because they needed someone to protect it. While her brothers and the other New Generation Heroes fight against Tregear near the Land of Light, Zero sends her back home.
Ultraman Taiga The Movie: New Generation Climax
Once the other New Generation Heroes regain their powers, they face off against Tregear, the Grimdo-possessed Taro and Tregear's monsters, with Rosso and Blu fighting against Gorothunder. After their opponents receive power ups from Grimdo, Grigio flew across the universe and arrived just in time for the three siblings to fuse into Ultraman Groob to finish off Gorothunder. Initially being trounced by Grimdo after it had absorbed Tregear, the New Generation Heroes fused with Taiga into Ultraman Reiga and defeat Grimdo. The New Generation Heroes give their parting words to the Tri-Squad and Hiroyuki and return to their home worlds.
Ultra Galaxy Fight: The Absolute Conspiracy
While her brothers went off to face the threat of the Devil Splinters, Grigio remained on Earth to protect Ayaka city. She battled against a Zandrias and Noiseler, and drove them away by firing her Grigio Shot at them. Ultraman Zero arrived and recruited Grigio for the fight against Absolute Tartarus.
- Height: 43 m
- Weight: 30,000 t
- Age: 17 years old
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 5
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 1
- Maximum Underwater Speed: 700 Knots
- Maximum Underground Speed: Mach 1
- Maximum Jumping Height: 600 m
- Arm Strength: 70,000 t
- Grip Strength: 35,000 t
- Time Limit: 3 minutes
- Color Timer (カラータイマー Karā Taimā): Grigio possesses a circular-shaped Color Timer.
- Ultra Armor: The standard Ultra Armor.
- Protectors (プロテクター Purotekutā): Like her brothers, Grigio also sports protectors covering her chest area.
Grigio Regina's exoskeleton splits open to reveal Ultrawoman Grigio.
- Grigio Barrier (グリージョ・バーリア Gurījo Bāria): Grigio can conjure an orange energy shield to defend herself and her allies. According to Hyper Hobby Vol.13, it's stated to be five times more durable than her brothers' shields.
- Grigio Cheer Charge (グリージョチアチャージ Gurījo Chia Chāji): Grigio emits small orbs of light that, when given to another Ultra, restores their energy.
- Grigio Cure Burst (グリージョキュアバースト Gurījo Kyua Bāsuto): Grigio can unleash a wave from her body and spread light energy around an area. Other Ultras are able to absorb this light and replenish their energy, while dark beings are repelled. It is also capable of nullifying the Dark-Killer Zone's energy-draining effect.
- Grigio Shot (グリージョショット Gurījo Shotto): Grigio can fire an energy ray by crossing her arms in a "+" formation. It's first revealed in Ultra Heroes Expo 2019 against Camearra, and is her signature finisher in Ultraman Fusion Fight!.
- Hand Slash: Featured as part of her side attacks in Ultraman Fusion Fight!, Grigio can rapidly fire small energy blasts from her hands.
- Grigio Punch (グリージョバンチ Gurījo Panchi): A punch attack.
- Grigio Kick (グリージョキツク Gurījo Kikku): A kick attack.
- Grigio Chop (グリージョチョップ Gurījo Choppu): A chop attack.
- Grigio Tackle (グリージョタックル Gurījo Takkuru): A rushing attack.
- Ultra Trap (ウルトラトラップ Urutora Torappu): A set of traps meant to attack the monsters on stage. Grigio holds the button meant to rig the trap itself.
- R/B Slugger Rosso (ルーブスラッガーロッソ Rūbu Suraggā Rosso): In the second Live Stage of Ultraman Festival 2019, Grigio briefly borrowed the shorter pair of Rosso's R/B Sluggers.
- Similar to Cereza, Grigio's name may also be based on a certain brand of wine.
- Grigio is:
- The first female Ultra Warrior to be introduced in the "New Generation" portion of the franchise's history.
- The only live-action heroic female Ultra Warrior in the Heisei Era, as Camearra and Faust were both villains.
- The second female Ultra Warrior in canon to actually use the title "Ultrawoman" after Ultrawoman Beth, and the first to debut in a Japanese-created and live-action series.
- The first Ultra Warrior to feature orange coloring on her body, and the first New Generation Ultra Hero to not heavily feature black coloring since Ultraman X.
- The first Ultra Warrior to have "evolved" from a Kaiju.
- One of her concept art designs depicted her having long strands of hair, as well as pink eyes.
- Grigio's Color Timer sound effect is appropriately a mix of her brothers', just like Ruebe's.
- Grigio presented a non-canon 30-minute special released just before the initial release of Ultraman Taiga The Movie, in which she was on the Land of Light while her brothers and the other New Generation Heroes were fighting Grimdo as in the events of the movie, which she later joins.
- Although never seen, after her first appearance, Asahi transforms into Grigio using Saki's Gyro.