|This article is incompatible with the Visual Editor. Please edit with the source editor instead.|
"Light cannot defeat darkness. For that sake, I will show you!"
- ―Ultra Dark-Killer.
Ultraman Zero Darkness (ウルトラマンゼロダークネス Urutoraman Zero Dākunesu), or simply Zero Darkness (ゼロダークネス Zero Dākunesu), is a dark Fusion Ultra born from Ultraman Belial's spirit possessing Ultraman Zero's body in Ultra Zero Fight. He returned in Ultra Galaxy Fight: New Generation Heroes as a member of League of Darkness, now manifesting as a clone of the original Ultra.
Ultra Zero Fight
"His Excellency's soul has obtained the ultimate body. No one can stop him now. Would you like to come and watch the beginning and the end of the universe?"
- ―Sly to Pigmon.
- Main article: Ultraman Zero
- Main article: Ultraman Belial
After Ultraman Zero clashed against Kaiser Darkness and defeated him, Belial's soul left the Armored Darkness it was possessing, and went inside Zero to possess him. Now using the body of his arch nemesis, Belial had gained more power than he ever had by himself. He then proceeded to kill every member of the Ultimate Force Zero and destroy the Mighty Base. Now unopposed, Zero Darkness, or rather, Belial, could do as he pleased.
However, the spirits of Zero's fallen comrades had reached out to Zero from within, and gave him the strength to exorcise Belial's spirit from his body via the use of his new form Shining Ultraman Zero. With that, Zero Darkness was no more.
Ultra Galaxy Fight: New Generation Heroes
"Think a copy can win against the original? Not in a 20,000 years!"
- ―Ultraman Zero Beyond
Zero Darkness was created by Ultra Dark-Killer using the energy from Ultraman Zero drained through the Dark-Killer Zone as a demonstration of darkness triumphing over light. This copy was sent to fight against the intensely drained Zero and Ultrawoman Grigio before the latter musters her strength to resist the twisted doppelganger and recharge her brothers. Zero Darkness joined his creator in fighting Ultraman Ruebe, where the Super Ultra shrugged off its Wide Zero Shot and retaliates with his Ruebe Vortex Buster. The beam sends Zero Darkness backwards before he exploded. However, Ultraman Tregear revives him and Dark-Killer, the latter growing to gigantic size. Geed, Orb, X, Victory and Ginga lend Zero their energy, allowing him to assume Beyond without Leito's help and finishes his doppelganger off with the Twin Giga Break. In a desperate attempt to gain advantage over the New Generation Heroes, Dark-Killer recreated Zero Darkness and the other three Darkness warriors, only to consume them and grow even larger.
As Zero Darkness is initially a possessed Ultraman Zero, his body features are none the different from the former, with his coloration themed after Belial.
- Height: 49 m
- Weight: 35,000 t
- Age: N/A
- Home World: Monster Graveyard (original), Dark-Killer Zone of Planet Tenebris (Darkness Copy)
- Weaknesses: Since the first Zero Darkness is a possession, he is prone to internal conflict within his body, which resulted in the aquirement of Shining Ultraman Zero.
- Beam Lamp (ビームランプ Bīmu Ranpu): Zero Darkness sports a red Beam Lamp on his forehead but serves no purpose as he is not bounded to an operational time limit due to being a Dark Ultra. Whether he can use Emerium Slash like the original is yet to be seen.
- Protectors (プロテクター Purotekutā): Like Seven and his son, Zero Darkness bears a set of Protector on his chest, which only served as protection.
- Dark Zero Sluggers (ダークゼロスラッガー Dāku Zero Suraggā): Likewise with the original, Zero Darkness has a pair of black-colored Sluggers and can use them proficiently. Instead of their normal green aura, they glowed purple.
- Color Timer (カラータイマー Karā Taimā): A standard device used by Ultra Warriors, his possess connectors that allow him to connect his Dark Zero Sluggers and perform Dark Zero Twin Shoot.
- Ultra Armor: Zero Darkness's Armor is standard, being resistant to fire and lasers.
- Eyes: As a result of Belial's influence, Zero Darkness has Zero's yellowish eyes, with reddish outlines.
- Ultimate Bracelet (ウルティメイトブレスレット Urutimeito Buresuretto): Zero Darkness has a dark version of the Ultimate Bracelet that glowed every time he used his energy slash attack. It is unknown if he can use it to take on Zero's other forms.
- Strength: Either as a result of Belial, Zero or a combination of both, Zero Darkness is already a gifted warrior and is able to defeat the members of Ultimate Force Zero.
- Dark Ultra Powers: Zero Darkness displayed frightening dark Ultra powers such as when he took out Jean-Bot and Mighty Base in one attack. He clearly possesses all corrupted versions of Zero's natural abilities, in addition to Belial's own set of powers.
- Deathcium Shot (デスシウムショット Desushiumu Shotto): Zero Darkness, with a flick of his hand, creates a crescent shaped burst of energy that not only took down Jean-Bot in one hit, but also destroyed the Mighty Base and Mirror Knight. When using this technique, the corrupted Ultimate Bracelet flashes with dark energy, implying it may be the source of the attack.
- Dark Zero Twin Shoot (ダークゼロツインシュート Dāku Zero Tsuin Shūto): A purple version of Zero Twin Shoot, used to cut Jean-Nine in half.
- Dark Zero Flash (ダークゼロフラッシュ Dāku Zero Furasshu): A light bullet attack used to counter Mirror Knight's illusions.
- Wide Darkness Shot: Zero Darkness can fire a dark version of Zero's Wide Zero Shot. This ability is exclusive to the doppelganger in Ultra Galaxy Fight.
- Dark High Spin: Like the original Ultraman, Zero Darkness can spin his body at high speeds. He did this to counter Jean-Nine, Glen Fire, and Mirror Knight knocking them before they could react.
- Dark Slash Kick: A copy of Zero's Slash Kick that is empowered by dark energy.
- Unlike the other "Darkness" clones in Ultra Galaxy Fight: New Generation Heroes, Zero "Darkness" already existed and thus, its suit was reused. It was even acknowledged in-universe that Dark-Killer choose him to resemble this form based on Zero's trauma of being possessed.
- Although Dark-Killer's Zero Darkness is a surface level copy of the original one, both iterations never exhibited similar abilities.
- Even before the Ultra Galaxy Fight, Zero Darkness had been depicted as a separate character from Belial and Zero multiple times, to the point that he had fought Zero before. One such evidence is the 2016 Genting Highland stage show in Malaysia.