|We're sorry, but this page is incompatible with the Visual Editor. Please edit with the text-based editor instead. Thank you for working with us.|
"Who are you?!"
"Zero! Ultraman Zero! Son of Seven!"
- ―Belial and Zero, Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legends The Movie
"You're 20,000 years too early to beat me!"
- ―Ultraman Zero's catchphrase
"I don't have limits!"
- ―Ultraman Zero Beyond's catchphrase
|Human Host/Form:||Run (Ultraman Zero The Movie, formerly)|
Nozomu Taiga (Ultraman Saga, formerly)
Shin Moroboshi (Human form)
Leito Igaguri (Ultraman Geed, formerly)
|Height:||Micro ~ 49 m|
|Age:||5,900 years old|
|Home world:||Land of Light|
|Voice actor(s):||Mamoru Miyano (Japanese, current)|
Kohji Moritsugu (stock grunts in Ultra Coliseum DX)
Daniel Van Thomas (English)
|Suit actor(s):||Hideyoshi Iwata|
|First Appearance:||Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legends The Movie|
|Last Appearance:||Ultraman Geed The Movie: Connect The Wishes!|
|Number of Appearances:||5 (Movies)|
33 (Ultra Zero Fight, Ultraman X, Ultra Fight Orb, Ultraman Geed)
Unnamed Scientist (Mother)
Father of Ultra (Granduncle)
Mother of Ultra (Grandaunt)
Ultraman Ace (Adopted Cousin)
Ultraman Taiga (Cousin)
Ultraman Taro (Second Cousin)
Seven's Mother (Grandmother)
Seven's Father (Grandfather)
Seven's Brother (Uncle)
Seven's Sister (Aunt)
Jack's Wife (Grandaunt)
Ultraman Jack (Granduncle In Law)
Ultraman Saga (Fusion by Dyna and Cosmos)
|Affiliation:||Ultimate Force Zero|
Leo Brothers (Masters)
Hikaru, Shou and Orb/Gai (Disciples)
Voice (Childhood friend, stageshow only)
Ultraman Geed/Riku Asakura
Ultraman Zero (ウルトラマンゼロ Urutoraman Zero) is the son of Ultraseven. He was trained under Ultraman Leo after he was banished from the Land of Light by his father for attempting to take the Plasma Spark for himself. His training ultimately led to his redemption in his battle with Belial. He is considered one of the strongest Ultras in history.
Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legends The Movie
" Dan: We can't see him until he's done training.
Hayata: Once, he also went after the Plasma Spark energy.
Mirai: He was young; immature. Tempted by the power. He almost lost his soul to evil. Just like Belial.
Dan: It was the hardest thing we had to do.
Mirai: He was too young to realize the danger of power without justice."
- ―Zero's past described from the Ultra Brothers' point of view.
A long time ago, Zero was known as a young warrior with an unlimited potential but has no awareness of his true origin. Desired for more power, he attempted to take the Plasma Spark but was stopped by Ultraseven, followed by the rest of the Ultra Brothers dragging him out of the tower.
Zero is first seen wearing the Techtor Gear armor and training with Ultraman Leo on K76, the planet he was sent to after being banished. When Pigmon was in danger, Zero decided to save it rather than continue his battle with Leo. Leo and Ultraman King then revealed to him that protecting lives is the purpose of an Ultra. When Seven exiled him, he was actually saving Zero from touching the Plasma Spark and thus preventing him from a fate similar to Ultraman Belial's.
When Seven's Eye Slugger was sent as an S.O.S. to K76, King and Leo revealed to Zero that Seven was his father. King declared Zero redeemed and freed him from his armor, so he could join the fight against Belial. Zero arrived only to have a mortally wounded Seven die in his arms. The young Ultra was enraged and destroyed the remains of Belial's 100 Monster Army and fought against Belial himself, seemingly destroying him after a long battle.
But when Belial returned as Beryudora, it took him with help from the remaining Ultra Brothers, Leo, Astra, Ultraman Dyna, Rei, EX Gomora, and all of ZAP SPACY to destroy Belial. When the Plasma Spark was returned, Zero reunited and reconciled with his revived father again.
Ultra Galaxy Legend Gaiden: Ultraman Zero vs. Darklops Zero
A distortion in space brought Zero to Planet Chain where he discovered the Alien Salome's factory and learned of their invasion plot. He attempted to destroy it with help from universally-displaced alternate versions of the ZAP SPACY crew but found resistance in the form of Imitation Ultra Brothers.
After a week had passed, Hiroshi Hyuga and Rei answered a distress call and their ship was drawn into the universe containing Planet Chain. Zero saved the two of them from Mecha Gomora, and then encountered a robotic clone of himself called Darklops Zero. Zero fought him and ended up being banished by Darklops Zero to another reality.
Zero attempted to escape the universe but was prevented from doing so by Imitations Ultraman and Ultraseven. Leo arrived to help Zero and they destroyed the imitation Ultras with a Double Flasher. Zero exited the reality and, along with Rei's Gomora, won against Mecha Gomora and Darklops Zero. Darklops Zero ended up self-destructing and destroying Planet Chain, forcing everyone to flee. Zero helped the Space Pendragon escape the world and flew back with Leo to the Land of Light.
Ultraman Zero The Movie: Super Deciding Fight! The Belial Galactic Empire
After an invasion from Darklops armies, Zero volunteered himself on a mission to track their origin and his father gave him the Ultra Zero Bracelet that allowed him to transform three times in that other world.
He landed on a small quarry on Planet Anu and helped the miners defending against several Legionoids. With Run, a mine enforcer dying and Zero running out of power, he took Run's body as a host. Run had slipped into a coma, leaving Zero unexpectedly in control of his body. During his travels, he faced against armies of Belial Galactic Empire while forming alliances with other characters including Glen Fire, Mirror Knight, and Jean-Bot. After the Shield of Baraji crumbled into dust, Zero was captured and his Ultra Zero Eye were held in Belial's hands. It was then Mirror Knight leap from his tear and rescued him, regaining the Ultra Zero Eye and transformed into Ultraman Zero again but Belial's final trump card was by absorbing the collected Emeralds and transformed into the gigantic Arch Belial, easily pummeling Zero, even when reinforcements came to help. In a last effort, Zero and Mirror Knight tried to shield Planet Esmeralda from Belial's Arch Deathcium Ray and ultimately lost his life from exhaustion.
Understanding the purpose of the Shield of Baraji, Nao informs everyone not to lose hope and eventually, Zero is revived by Ultraman Noa, who bestows the Shield of Baraji onto Zero, transforming the Ultra into Ultimate Zero. The other giants distract Belial to provide Zero enough time to charge his attack and killed Belial for good. With his mission over, Zero left a fully healed Run and formed the "Ultimate Force Zero".
Ultraman Zero Gaiden: Killer the Beatstar
A year after Ultimate Force Zero's last battle with Kaiser Belial, the team went to rescue Emerana and Jean-Bot from a giant planet-sized sphere manned by Beatstar. Having breached an entrance, they emerged six days later to save Emerana, Rei and Hyuga before encountering Jean-Killer. After Emerana and the ZAP Spacy duo saved Jean-Bot from his brainwashing, the robot persuaded his "younger brother" Jean-Killer to join their side, which succeeded with Emerana's help. While the Ultra Brothers stopped the Beatstar Celestial Sphere from colliding Planet Bram, the team proceed to storm his tower. Zero marched further and face Beatstar before he was assisted by Jean-Killer, piloted by Hyuga himself. As the fight ended, Zero and the rest of the team accepted Jean-Killer into Ultimate Force Zero, now dubbed as Jean-Nine as they continue their missions.
Ultraman Saga Special DVD
After defeating the remains of Belial's army, Zero arrived on a deserted planet where he fought Zetton. Afterwards he defeated him, but Alien Bat appeared to take Zetton for his plan and created an Anti Ultra Field so Zero's energy would drain quicker and brought Birdon to kill Zero. However, Zoffy arrives to assist Zero and lets him borrow his Ultra Converter to regain his energy and both Ultras destroy Birdon with a combination of Zero's Zero Twin Sword and Zoffy's M87 Ray. Zoffy informed Zero about Alien Bat's plan on an alternate Earth and Zero used Ultimate Zero to get there.
Ultraman Zero heard a voice calling for help, following the voice, he traveled to another universe, finding an alternate Earth. After discovering the planet's lack of population, he then ran into Alien Bat's ship getting into a fight with his fighter drones. Taking them down one by one, one of the drones falls in the direction of a young boy and Zero witnesses the heroic act of Nozomu Taiga, who sacrificed his life to save the child, even though Zero saved the boy first. Zero was moved by his act and decided to merge with him and make him his human host, but Taiga was annoyed that he had to share his life with an Ultra and refused to transform, due to a grudge against the Ultras for the death of his parents during an alien attack on Earth where Ultraman Dyna failed to protect them.
After their encounter with Musashi and Team U, the two were led to learn how Alien Bat had kidnapped almost an entirety of the population to empower his Hyper Zetton. During Gubila and Gomess (S)'s attack, Taiga's refusal to cooperate and Zero's forced transformation rendered the giant 5 meters short. Although Zero managed to get Cosmos to tame them, Bat killed the monsters for their failure and sent Hyper Zetton to attack the Team U base the next day. It was during this time where the two finally put aside their differences and Taiga managed to transform into Zero. Alongside Cosmos, the two stormed Zetton's nest, allowing Takeru and Anna to restore Asuka/Dyna at the expense of her own life. The three Ultras combined their powers for Ultimate Zero to deliver the final blow, but Alien Bat fuses his ship with his Hyper Zetton to form Imago Hyper Zetton, successfully overpowering the Ultras and killing Zero. As the three Ultra Hosts stood up again, their bravery allows them to fuse their Ultras into Ultraman Saga, therefore killing both the monster and alien for good while restoring the kidnapped populations. Dyna and Cosmos returned to their universes while Taiga stayed. Zero waved goodbye to his new comrade and continued his journey as the lights on the dark side of the planet Earth were turned back on.
Ultra Zero Fight
Part 1: A New Power
While journeying in the Monster Graveyard, Zero faced himself against a quartet of revived monsters. The mastermind appears as Alien Bat, who unveils his monsters as the four beasts of hell. In against EX Red King, he was forced in a one-sided battle but escaped from it via Strong-Corona and defeated the monster when it try to attack a helpless Pigmon. Suddenly Zero found himself in a white space at the same size as Pigmon and Alien Bat. Facing phantom copies of his Mode Changes, Zero finally countered their surprise attack, therefore killing the true enemy Galberos. Soon he went against Gan Q and Bemstar, simultaneously kill them by exploiting their new powers.
It was then that Alien Bat made his move and absorbed the Four Beast of Hell as his antibodies, fighting the Ultra in his giant size while gaining the knowledge Zero's movements. Bat as well revealed that his life is linked to Pigmon, forcing Zero on the mercy of the alien until he heard Pigmon's cries and understood what the little creature was trying to tell him. Before Bat could slice the Ultra with his sword, Zero split into his Mode Changes, using Luna-Miracle to expel the deceased monsters' spirit from Bat and save Pigmon while Strong-Corona delivers the finisher blow. Reuniting with Ultimate Force Zero, the Ultra finally knew the purpose of his new power as they left.
Part 2: Awakening of Zero
After dealing with King Silvergon's attack on Fanegon People's planet, Zero was told by Mother of Ultra that trouble had befallen his team, and in the Mighty Base they found that Mirror Knight and Glen Fire had been turned into bronze.
Fortunately Zero had sensed something was wrong and exposes "Mother of Ultra" to be Jathar of Hell, killing the alien before his full petrifaction and rescue his victims. After being cornered by Villainous of the Villainy, Tyrant, Glocken, and Deathrog, the young Ultra's comrades appear and kept the aliens occupied, leaving Zero to save Pigmon from Mefilas Surai. Beaten but not destroyed, Surai unveiled Belial as the Darkness Five's leader, resurrected from death by possessing Deathrog. The entire fight which leads to Zero's victory turned into a trap that allows Belial to possess Zero as Zero Darkness while using his own powers to slay the Ultimate Force Zero.
"Do you have them? Those you protect. Why do you only take lives and never protect them? Aren't you an Ultraman?!"
- ―Shining Ultraman Zero's speech before forcing Ultraman Belial out of his body.
The young Ultra could only watch in helplessness and falls into despair but moments before Belial could kill Pigmon, Zero stopped him and transformed into Shining Ultraman Zero. With his new power, the Ultra expelled Belial and turn back time in the local area. The other members of the Ultimate Force Zero were revived, and they all headed back to the base with Pigmon, their new team member.
Dark Spark War
Ultraman Zero participated in the Dark Spark War but this time he fought not only alongside with his father and the Ultra Brothers but, with other Ultras from other universes and their allies against the forces of evil. While in the midst of the battle, Dark Lugiel appeared and turned every Ultra alongside their allies, monsters and aliens into Spark Dolls. Just as the war was about to end, an unknown warrior appeared and faced Dark Lugiel, but like the others he was also turned into a Spark Doll. However, he was kept within his Ginga Spark and fell alongside other Spark Dolls to Earth. After Ginga defeated Lugiel, all of the Ultras and Kaiju returned to normal and went back home.
Ultraman Ginga S The Movie: Showdown! The 10 Ultra Warriors!
"I heard a lot about you from Taro. It's exactly like what I heard, but now you guys are 20,000 years ahead. Listen, Etelgar's a tough fellow. He's an enemy that is beyond a nuisance, but it's a different story if you guys unite your strength, then perhaps we could defeat him."
- ―Zero to Hikaru and Shou
"Hikaru, Shou. I'll trust the future of this planet to you!"
- ―Zero before fighting Belial
After Cosmos' defeat at the hands of Etelgar at Planet Juran, Ultraman Zero pursued him but Etelgar escaped and left with the excuse that Zero would be his main dish (last target). He chased Etelgar to Earth, but after meeting Ginga and Victory, Zero called them to pass a trial so they would be able to use the Ultra Fusion Brace which was given to him from Ultraman King. He later helped Ultraman Ginga Victory and the Heisei Ultras against Etelgar, but like most of them, he was forced to fight an Eteldummy of his nemesis: Ultraman Belial.
"Ultraman X, huh? I look forward to meeting you again, some other day, in some other dimension."
"Yeah, same here."
- ―Zero and X during the episode's final scene, When the Aegis Shines
Zero was hunting Alien Nackle Bandero in space after the alien was reported for being a thief and an arms dealer. He tracked Bandero to Earth and faced him when Ultraman X battled both alien and Black King. After he managed to sever Black King's horn, Zero tried to chase Bandero by attacking him but X stopped him, since Bandero also brought a human escort.
Using Rui's SOS message, Zero managed to find her at Planet Guillermo and attacked Bandero and Black King Drill Custom. X arrived late with Ultraman Zero Armor, a copy of his Ultimate Aegis and the two defeated both alien-monster pair. Zero departed and wishes to meet X again in the future.
Ultraman X The Movie: Here Comes! Our Ultraman
In this film, Zero battled a Tsurugi Demaaga in Shanghai, China and ended up destroying it with his Wide Zero Shot after being empowered by Ultraman Exceed X Beta Spark Armor's Cyber Wings. After saying farewell to X, Tiga, and Ultraman, Zero gave Rui a love hand symbol and a smile flash while quickly saying hello and goodbye before he left with the other Cyber Card Ultras.
Despite not appearing in the series, Ultraman Zero was mentioned to be the sealer of Maga-Pandon, the King Demon Beast of Fire. His Ultra Fusion Card was collected by Gai Kurenai after the monster's defeat and was used in present times to assume Ultraman Orb's Hurricane Slash form.
In the final episode, his card was manifested in the real world to help Orb finish off Magata no Orochi by combining their finishers with Zero firing his Wide Zero Shot.
Ultraman Orb The Movie: Lend Me The Power of Bonds!
As a result of a mysterious temporal distortion (caused by Mulnau), Zero's investigation leads to Ultraman Orb battling a rebuilt Galactron. Zero aided him in defeating the mecha and report the situation to Orb before departing.
Having missed the battle against Dark Alien Army, Zero returned and recruited Orb to aid X in stopping Desastro which Orb agreed to.
Ultra Fight Orb
During the Omega Armageddon, Zero and the rest of the Ultra Garrison faced against Belial and his army on Earth but was defeated in his strongest form, Ultimate Zero. As the Crisis Impact took place, his determination was held back by his father before King merged himself with the universe, preventing it from collapsing.
Six years had passed and the theft of Ultra Capsules forced Zero in an investigation back to Earth with the last power of Ultimate Bracelet before it wrecked.
Upon arrival, an injured Zero was force to recuperate with a salaryman Leito Igaguri while meeting Ultraman Geed, having well aware of the young boy's relationship as Belial's son and at the same time mentoring him. After trading his life for the hostages held by Kei Fukuide, Zero was revived from Leito's own will and receive a set of Ultra Capsules by Ultraman Hikari, providing access to Ultraman Zero Beyond. Initially believed to have sealed Belial in his own dimensional tear, the fiend managed to escape and descended to Earth. Zero try to settle it with his own hands but later on left his former enemy to Geed, who did so via Royal Mega-Master and complimenting the young Ultra in aftermath.
With Kei Fukuide still at large, Zero continued to aid and assist both Geed and the AIB forces. When Belial returned as Atrocious, Zero participated in the operation to distract him as RE.M. delivers the enzyme neutralizer to his Color Timer. With the operation failed, Geed's intervention was enough for Zero to deliver the object personally at the expense of his health. Geed's determination and courage was later sensed by Zero in defeating Belial. In aftermath of the battle, Zero bid farewell to his host and departed with the newly fixed Ultimate Bracelet.
Ultraman Geed The Movie: Connect The Wishes!
Zero first appears fighting a group of Galactrons, alongside the Ultimate Force Zero. When the group was informed by Zoffy that Gilbaris had targeted Geed's Earth as the next planet to judge and reset, they arrived at the Side Space Universe to stop the threat. While Ultimate Force Zero could only guard the Ultras from space, Zero arrived in the nick of time and joined forces with Ultraman Geed and Ultraman Orb, and engaged in a tough battle with Galactron MK2. After Orb saved Geed from the cyberspace he was sent to, Zero and Orb were seemingly killed after Galactron unleashed a series of energy missiles. However, Zero quickly used the Shining Star Drive to survive the assault.
Bonding with Leito Igaguri once again, Zero destroyed the remaining Galactrons on Earth and arrive at Cyber Planet Kushia alongside Geed and Orb, fighting against Gilbaris in his Perfect Form. The Ultras finally ended the artificial intelligence's reign with Geed delivering the final blow. After the battle, Zero alongside the Ultimate Force Zero left the Earth after entrusting it to the hands of Riku/Geed.
Ultraman Hit Song History New Hero Compilation
Zero appeared in this short film where he was patrolling around the space and was sucked into a field of Minus energy by Yapool that connected to several other realities, hence why he met other Ultras from different continuities. In the end he defeated Yapool with, who was suspected to be an alternate version, Ultraman Mebius in Phoenix Brave mode. After the battle was over, Zero awakes and thinks that it was all a dream when Mirror Knight communicates with him through his Ultra Brace as Zero decides to return to the UFZ Base, unknowingly that Tiga and Dyna had watched him from far distance.
Ultraman Zero is the main navigator for Ultraman Retsuden.
Shin Ultraman Retsuden
Ultraman Zero reappears again as a host of Shin Ultraman Retsuden.
In episode 9, Zero and Glen Fire state that the Dark Spark War took place in an alternative universe, thus further cementing the fact that none of the prime universe Ultras participated in it. However, little they know is that the prime Ultraman Taro had somehow joined the battle, evidenced when he mentioned to Hikaru about his student, Ultraman Mebius and his adventures on Earth.
Episodes 150 and 151 features Ultraman Zero as the narrator with bonus original clips that include him alongside Showa Ultra Warriors. During episode 150, Zero and his teacher, Leo fought against Legionoids, luring the troops into one spot before finishing them in their ray attacks. The latter episode features Zero and Jack in a sparring match where both of them draw their Ultra Lances. Jack simply wins before Zero returned to the narration and brings the viewers to several clips featuring Ultra Warriors and their respective weapons.
- Main article: Ultra Series/Cultural References/Anime and Manga
"Hey Wooser, what are you doing here? You have people to protect, and a place to call home! Now go, Wooser!"
- ―Ultraman Zero as he encourages Wooser
In the third season's first episode, "Wooser's Hand To Mouth Life Is Back Again", Wooser was piloting the Mecha Wooser and win against a space armada. But in the aftermath of the battle, he and his robot were left stranded in space, until he finds himself in a luminous light, where Ultraman Zero (accompanied by the UFZ), encourages him and thus helping Wooser to return to Earth. Zero makes his appearance again as a poster in Wooser's room and again as action figures alongside his UFZ teammates.
Zero is a confident, heroic, fearless, and powerful Ultra, but also proud and hot-headed at times. In his youth, he was shown to be immature and had yet to understand the true meaning of strength and justice, so much that he came close to step into the same dark path his nemesis Belial had taken by attempting to steal the Plasma Spark. Whereas Belial became resentful, Zero became humbled by his banishment and managed to see his errors through saving Pigmon when it endangered itself and later, his true heritage and actual reason for his exile. This allowed him to mature and become a much better Ultra and protector, though he still retains his cocky demeanor at times.
In Geed, Zero took a mentor role towards Riku Asakura and assisted him in his conflict against Kei and Belial. While initially (and understandably) troubled by Geed's resemblance to his nemesis Belial as much as everyone else, Zero understood that Geed is much better than his father and reminded him that only he alone controls his own fate as long as he has friends to rely on. He also grew to value Leito's family and was more than willing to protect them from harm, though at times finding himself annoyed by his host's meek personality which often led to comical arguments between the two.
- Height: 49 m (5 m during the battle against Gubila & Gomess (S) in Ultraman Saga)
- Weight: 35,000 t
- Age: Over 5,900 years old (equivalent to 18 ~ 20 years old in Earth time)
- Flying Speed: Mach 7
- Traveling Speed: Mach 2.7
- Underground Speed: Mach 2
- Jumping Height: 880 m
- Running Speed: Mach 3
- Underwater Speed: Mach 2
- Grip Strength: 70,000 tons
- Home Planet: The Land of Light, Nebula M78
- Human Host(s): Run, Nozomu Taiga, Leito Igaguri
- As with normal Ultras, Zero's time limit on Earth is 3 minutes. It appears that he can partially compensate this shortcoming with his Protectors acting as sunlight absorption devices.
- The size at which he manifests himself is affected by the preparedness of his human host.
- Zero can only use the power of his Shining form for no more than an instant, and after that, he is completely exhausted and drained of energy.
- Zero Beyond can only be used once every 20 hours because of the Ultra Capsules' cooldown.
- Substantial damage to the Ultimate Bracelet can cause it to become unusable, and thus Zero is unable to transform into any of his other forms except for Zero Beyond, since he uses a completely different device to transform into it.
- Beam Lamp (ビームランプ Bīmu Ranpu): Like his father, Zero sports a green Beam Lamp on his forehead. Since Zero possesses a Color Timer, Zero's Beam Lamp's main use is for firing the Emerium Ray. As Shining Ultraman Zero and Zero Darkness, they are light blue and red in color respectively. As Zero Beyond, the Beam Lamp turned into a diamond shape.
- Protector (プロテクター Purotekutā): Like his Father, Zero has Protectors on his chest, back and shoulders, which act as both armor and solar panels.
- Zero Sluggers (ゼロスラッガー Zero Suraggā): Another trait inherited from his father, the Zero Sluggers are similar to the Eye Slugger. Though unlike Seven, Zero has two of them. As Zero Beyond, he possesses additional two Zero Sluggers, but can only summon energy copies due to the original being non-removable.
- Color Timer: (カラータイマー Karā Taimā) A standard device used by Ultra Warriors, his possess connectors that allow him to merge his Zero Sluggers and perform Zero Twin Shoot.
- Ultra Armor: Zero's Armor is standard, being resistant to fire and lasers.
- Eyes: Zero has yellow eyes like most Ultras from the Land of Light. As Shining Ultraman Zero, it is light blue in colour.
- Strength: Thanks to his training and his natural potential, Zero has greater strength compared to the average Ultra.
- Shining Ultraman Zero
- Shining Energy Core (シャイニングエナジーコア Shainingu Enajī Koa): A pentagonal Color Timer on Zero's chest.
- Ultraman Zero Beyond
- Crystals: Zero sported a set of body Crystals on his arms, legs and chest. The sets on his chest took a similar shape to Orb's Protectors.
Zero's host can use the Ultra Zero Eye to transform into Ultraman Zero. It is generally first summoned from the Ultra Zero Bracelet that appears on Zero's host and his Ultra form. He also has a "rise" sequence in Shining form, but it was only used to free himself from Belial's dark power. Thus, its status as a rise sequence is debatable.
Each hosts has different transformation steps:
- The Zero Sluggers and the ribbons of light circle around his body as Zero's form envelops him. The Zero Sluggers to attach to his head once the transformation is completed.
- The second time he transforms, Run sinply puts the Ultra Zero Eye on and Zero appears.
- In his third transformation, Run's body spins as on the ribbons appear circling around him as Zero's body envelops him and the Zero Sluggers appear after that.
- His first transformation is forced upon him as his entire body is dragged up and he starts spinning with his arms spread out. Zero's body materializes over him. The Zero Sluggers then appear and attach onto him
- Upon regaining his faith in Ultramen, Taiga's transformation involves him absorbing Zero's silhouette before the Ultra fully materializes into the real world.
Leito dons the Ultra Zero Eye NEO as his arms spread outwards and Zero's body forms via incoming ribbons of light. The scene later skips to Zero's own rise, with his right hand depicted in his pre-battle stance.
"Ginga, Orb! Victory, X! I don't have limits!"
- ―Activation announcement for Beyond
With the Riser in Zero Mode, Leito scans the New Generation Capsules Alpha and Beta before dragging the Riser to his face. This process is called as Neo Fusion Rise (ネオ・フュージョンライズ Neo Fyūjon Raizu), allowing him to transform into Ultraman Zero Beyond. He no longer needs to combine the 4 Capsules into the New Generation Capsules after their first merger.
"I don't have limits!"
- ―Alternate activation announcement for Beyond
If the transformation is done in real time, projections of the four Ultras (Ginga, Orb, Victory, and X) will appear above Zero. Then the projections will merge, one at a time, with Zero. A bright white light will encase Zero's body and reveal him as Zero Beyond.
Zero can also gain the use of this form through a true fusion with the other 4 New Generation Ultras.
Zero has demonstrated tremendous fighting skills destroying remains of an entire monster army and able to fight equally against Ultraman Belial, whereas all his predecessors had difficulty against him eventually all losing. Ultraman and Ultraman Mebius have both stated that Zero has been thought to have limitless potential. He later gains more power from the Plasma Spark.
- Holographic Projection: Zero can appear as a holographic projection of himself as shown in Ultraman Geed episode 3.
- Flash Travel: Zero can travel through space with a yellow travel sphere. A blue variant is used to gain extra speed to save Geed.
- Assimilation: Like other Ultras, Zero can merge himself with another human and reviving their lifeforce. Zero can do it through the Ultra Zero/Ultimate Bracelet or his own power, shown when he merges Leito Igaguri.
- Solar Recharge: Like his father, Zero can draw on the sun to power himself and circumvent his time limit on Earth like planets, however until he gained the Shield of Baraji, he was unable to draw energy from the suns of other dimensions. In Ultraman X The Movie, Zero received light from X's Beta Spark Armor Cyber Wing to empower himself through his protectors.
- Size Change: Like his father, Zero can change his size from human size to his proper giant height. He uses the same stance as his father, crossing arms and bringing upright to the sides of his head to grow and the reverse to shrink.
- Ultra Sign (ウルトラサイン Urutora Sain): Like other Ultras, Zero is capable of creating an Ultra Sign.
- Crossover Formation (クロスオーバーフォーメーション Kurosu Ōbā Fōmēshon): A momentary power boost used with other Heisei Ultras similar to Glitter Tiga and alternate Ultra Brothers' Glitter Version. Used to destroy Eteglar's castle.
- Wave Intrusion: Zero is capable of intruding communication waves to converse with any person he desired. He did so in Ultraman X episode 5 as Ultimate Zero, though in Shin Ultraman Retsuden, he is able to do it in his normal form.
- Power Emdowment: Zero can give his power through the Ultra Fusion Brace along with other Heisei Ultras for Ultraman Ginga Victory to use his Zero Wide Shot and Emerium Slash respectively.
- Emerium Slash (エメリウムスラッシュ Emeriumu Surasshu): A beam similar to Ultraseven's Emerium Ray. During the battle with Bandero in Ultraman X, Zero can fire multiple Emerium Slashes rapidly.
- Wide Zero Shot (ワイドゼロショット Waido Zero Shotto): A "L" style beam similar to Ultraseven's Wide Shot.
- Powered-Up Wide Zero Shot: A stronger version of the Wide Zero Shot. Used in Ultraman Ginga S The Movie: Showdown! The 10 Ultra Warriors! once acquiring Crossover Formation.
- Zero Twin Shoot (ゼロツインシュート Zero Tsuin Shūto): A powerful beam from his chest with the Zero Sluggers attached to his Color Timer.
- Fire Spark (ファイヤースパーク Faiyā Supāku): Zero can create fireworks and launch at his foes, causing an huge explosion. This attack only appeared in the 2011 Ultraman Festival via Televi-kun contest entry and originally called under the entry name, Firecracker Ray (ハナビ光線 Hanabi Kōsen).
- Cyclone Ray (サイクロン光線 Saikuron kōsen): A powerful cyclone from the Ultimate Bracelet. This attack only appeared in 2011 Ultraman Festival via Televi Magazine contest entry.
- Energy Slash: Zero can fire an crescent shaped energy slash from his hand, which is green in color.
- Martial Arts Training: Having been trained by Leo, Zero has a similar fighting style to the martial arts master. He is taught in the way of Judo and Space Kenpo.
- Knifehand Strike: As one of the martial art movements taught by Leo, Zero is capable of performing a karate chop, with enough force being able to sever one of the horns of Mecha Gomora.
- Big Bang Zero (ビッグバンゼロ Biggu Ban Zero): Zero covers his hand with fiery energy and performs a chop. First used to break Darklops Zero's Sluggers.
- Knifehand Strike: As one of the martial art movements taught by Leo, Zero is capable of performing a karate chop, with enough force being able to sever one of the horns of Mecha Gomora.
- Ultra Zero Kick (ウルトラゼロキック Urutora Zero Kikku): A flying kick similar to Ultraman Leo's Leo Kick.
- Slash Kick: Zero can perform a slash kick variant of the Ultra Zero Kick. Used against Tyrant with Orb in Ultra Fight Orb and again in Geed to destroy Belial's Dark Fireball.
- Ultra Zero Punch (ウルトラゼロパンチ Urutora Zero Panchi): A powerful punch attack that can knock back opponents.
- Zero Knuckle (ゼロナックル Zero Nakkuru): A punch from a fist covered in concentrated energy. Only used in a game.
- Beam Zero Spike (ビームゼロスパイク Bīmu Zero Supaiku): Green energy discharges from his blows. Used against Robot Ultraseven.
- Zero Driver (ゼロドライバー Zero Doraibā): A pile driver performed by throwing the enemy in the air, jumping up high and grabbing them before driving them head first into the ground. Devised after receiving the Glen Driver.
- Ultra Willpower (ウルトラ念力 Urutora Nenriki): Possibly a trait inherited from his father, Zero can utilize mental abilities for offensive purposes. This is used when Zero knocked Jack away without touching Jack directly in their sparring match.
- Palm Blocking: Zero can block attacks with the palm of his hand, he used this to block Ace Robot's Punch Laser.
- Bullet Destroy: Zero can destroy energy bullets using his hand.
- Ultra Zero Defensor (ウルトラゼロディフェンサー Urutora Zero Difensā): Zero can create a powerful shield of energy, which is more robust than most barriers. It comes in different variations of size and color.
- Capture Ray: Zero can use the Ultra Zero Defensor at a distance to capture/protect targets at a distance and carry them away to safety.
- Ultra Zero Lecter (ウルトラゼロレクター Urutora Zero Rekutā): Zero emits light from his entire body in order to cleanse Mirror Knight from the effects of Belial Virus. This technique probably consumes a lot of energy as Zero was reverted back to Run after using the said technique though his color timer was still blue.
- Zero Beam Closer (ビームゼロクローザー Bīmu Zero Kurōzā): By firing two energy beams from both of his hands, Zero can shrink down and close Belial's pocket dimension.
- Zero Sluggers (ゼロスラッガー Zero Suraggā): Two throwing weapons on his head that are similar to Ultraseven's Eye Slugger.
- Zero Slugger Attack (ゼロスラッガーアタック Zero Suraggā Atakku): A slashing attack with the Zero Sluggers.
- Ultra Kick Tactics (ウルトラキック戦法 Urutora Kikku Senpō): Zero's version of the Ultra Knocks Tactics, where he uses his foot to impart energy into the Zero Sluggers via a sweeping kick. Their destructive abilities are increased.
- Acceleration: Zero slashes his foes with the Zero Sluggers at full speed, used to finish off the last few monsters of Belial Army. When doing this, a blue light is seen around Zero. A white light version is used against Jean-Nine.
- Reflection: Naturally resembling the Eye Slugger, the Zero Sluggers can act as mirror-like objects, which he used in a strategic attack against Villainous and his Tyrant.
- Zero Twin Sword (ゼロツインソード Zero Tsuin Sōdo): The Zero Sluggers turn into a crescent-shaped blade using the Plasma Spark's energy.
- Plasma Spark Slash (プラズマスパークスラッシュ Purazuma Supāku Surasshu): A slashing attack performed by the energizing the Zero Twin Sword, colors vary between blue and green.
- Ultra Zero Bracelet (ウルトラゼロブレスレット Urutora Zero Buresuretto): Given to him by his father. After gaining the Shield of Baraji, it became the Ultimate Bracelet (ウルティメイトブレスレット Urutimeito Buresuretto), which allows Zero to operate in other universes without such limits. The brace allows Zero to do the following:
- Plasma Spark Charger (プラズマスパークチャージャー Purazuma Supāku Chājā): Originally the Ultra Zero Bracelet allows Zero to transform three times in another universe and can be used as an energy reserve as well.
- Ultra Zero Lance (ウルトラゼロランス Urutora Zero Ransu): Zero can summon an Ultra Lance from the Ultra Brace, Zero throws it through an enemy and continues until it returns to Zero. Originally the brace would transform into the lance but when it stored Noa's power the lance simply materialized.
- Ultra Zero Spark (ウルトラゼロスパーク Urutora Zero Supāku): Though not seen, Zero can change Ultra Zero Lance to Ultra Zero Spark, similar to Jack's Ultra Spark. Zero then throws it to enemies before it comes back to Zero. It is very sharp and can cut through the strongest opponent.
- Ultra Zero Defender (ウルトラゼロディフェンダー Urutora Zero Difendā): Zero's version of the Ultra Defender using his bracelet. The shield can turn into the Ultra Zero Lance and vice versa as they are the same object in different modes.
- Mode Change (モードチェンジ Mōdo Chenji): Using the Ultimate Bracelet, Zero can enter his Ultimate form, Strong-Corona Zero or Luna-Miracle Zero and switch between them and his normal form. It can also merge with Zero to form Shining Ultraman Zero.
- Form Split: When pressed into a wall by Alien Bat, Zero split himself in two, one was in Strong-Corona Zero, the other in Luna-Miracle Zero. It is unknown if this was a one-time incident or if he can do again at will. This ability is based on Dyna Miracle and Cosmos Corona's ability to split into clones.
- Combine: Zero was able to combine with Dyna and Cosmos to form Ultraman Saga changing the Ultimate Bracelet temporarily into the Saga Brace. It is unknown if he can do this again at will due to the nature of their merger. In Ultraman Hit Song History New Generation, Zero also fused with Ginga, Victory, X and Orb to become Zero Beyond.
- Zero Tether: A light from the Ultra Zero Bracelet, that shows the way back to the Land of Light.
- Leo Zero Kick (レオゼロキック Reo Zero Kikku): A flying kick with Ultraman Leo.
- Leo-Zero Double Flasher (レオゼロダブルフラッシャー Reo Zero Daburu Furasshā): A combination attack with Ultraman Leo where the the Ultras combine their energies into a powerful beam attack. It is essentially the same as Leo and Astra's Ultra Double Flasher.
- Combination Zero (コンビネーションゼロ Konbinēshon Zero): A combination attack with Ultraseven, using both of their Slugger weapons. The bladed projectiles circle around each other at high speeds and is then launched at the enemy, cutting them apart.
- Defense Mirror Zero (ディフェンスミラーゼロ Difensu Mirā Zero): A combination Barrier created by Zero and Mirror Knight powers.
- Unnamed Combination Attack: A combined attack with the Zero Twin Sword and Zoffy's M78 Ray. Used against Birdon.
- Explosive Big Bang Finger (爆熱ビッグバンフィンガー Bakunetsu Biggu Ban Fingā): A combination attack in Lost Heroes crossover game series. This attack is done with the help of God Gundam/Domon Kasshu, where both charge their respective Qi before charging with their punch attacks.
- Double Emerium Attack (ダブルエメリウムタック Daburu Emeriumu Atakku): A combination attack of Emerium Ray and Emerium Slash performed by Zero and his father Seven. Appeared in Ultraman Festival 2017.
- Triple Wide Shot: Orb fires the Wide Slugger Shot while his Fusion Up Ultra components also fire their own Wide Shots respectively, along with him.
After Zero's plan to steal the Plasma Spark was stopped by his father, he was sent to train under Ultraman Leo while imprisoned in the Techtor Gear armor, which limited his strength and agility. The Techtor Gear was destroyed when Zero's redemption was finally acknowledged by Ultraman King. In this appearance, he was labeled as Techtor Gear Zero (テクターギア・ゼロ Tekutā Gia Zero)
The Techtor Gear armor covers half of Zero's head and part of his torso along with his hands. It also bears a large cross symbol on its front layer. Predating Zero's own debut in the 2009 movie, this form debuted first in the 2009 Ultraman Festival, providing assistance against Ultraman Belial. At this state, his identity was remained mysterious at that time.
- Wide Zero Shot (ワイドゼロショット Waido Zero Shotto): A "L" style beam similar to Ultraseven's Wide Shot. This was shown during his appearance in Ultraman Festival 2009, which was represented in the "L" style position while his right hand was holding a green-colored laser pointer.
When Alien Bat fired at Zero, he was forced to wear a black version of the Tector Gear called the Techtor Gear Hatred (テクターギア・ヘイトリッド Tekutā Gia Heitoriddo). The armor, similar to the original, limited Zero's strength and speed but also electrocuted Zero when he tried to remove it, making it as well shock restraints. However, Zero managed to tear off the armor and transform into Strong-Corona Zero.
In 2010, Tsuburaya Prod. launched a competition called New Power-up Armor Design Contest (新強化アーマーデザインコンテスト Shin Kyōka Amā Dezain Kontesuto) for the readers to design armed forms Ultraman Zero, where he would turn his Zero Sluggers into battle armor.
After the competition ended, the two winning entries made their appearance in Ultraman Festival 2010, as Zero splits into three and his copies initiate the Zero Slugger Gear (ゼロスラッガーギア Zero Suraggā Gia).
Super Form (スーパーフォーム Sūpā Fōmu) is a blue armor from the entry of Televi-Kun worn by Zero once he charges his Zero Sluggers with luminous holy light. His chest sports a huge star logo and his arms covered by sharp thorns. Despite having little arsenal, Zero instead possess enormous agility and speed.
- Acceleration: This form grants Zero the ability to move at greater speed while attacking his opponents with the thorns over his arms.
- Emerium Star Beam (エメリウムスタービーム Emeriumu Sutā Bīmu): A stronger variant of Emerium Slash fired from the armor's star logo.
Keeper Form (キーパーフォーム Kīpā Fōmu) is a silver armor from the Televi Magazine entry worn by Zero once his Zero Sluggers granted him enhanced strength. In contrast to Super Form, Keeper Form allows him to manifest brute strength to the greatest extent. Also, it is possible that this armor is the inspiration behind Ultimate Aegis and Ultimate Zero.
- Reflection Blade (リフレクションブレード Rifurekushon Burēdo): By absorbing incoming attacks by his armor, Zero can return fire to the opponent using the sword on his right arm.
- Shield: Zero's left arm is covered with a durable shield.
In Ultraman Zero The Movie: Super Deciding Fight! The Belial Galactic Empire, Zero gains the Shield of Baraji from Ultraman Noa, which becomes the Ultimate Aegis (ウルティメイトイージス Urutimeito Ījisu) which in turn has Zero become Ultimate Zero (ウルティメイトゼロ Urutimeito Zero). This form gives Zero chest armor and a sword on his right arm in addition to more power. This form was first used to fight Arch Belial.
- Ultimate Zero Sword (ウルティメイトゼロソード Urutimeito Zero Sōdo): From the blade on his right arm Zero can summon a blade of energy whose length he can choose, used to slice through Belial's planet size ship. The normal blade itself can be used as a weapon and is strong enough to pierce the body of Kaiser Darkness Belial.
- GN Ultimate Zero Sword (GNウルティメイトゼロソード Ji En Urutimeito Zero Sōdo): Only appeared in crossover game, Lost Heroes 2, Ultimate Zero tag teams with GNT-0000 00 Qan［T］ (Setsuna F. Seiei) to draw their swords and creates a huge GN Particle/Ultimate Aegis-powered energy sword construct before slashing the enemy with it.
- Sword Ray Ultimate Zero (ソードレイ・ウルティメイトゼロ Sōdo Rei Urutimeito Zero): Zero can fire a blue arrow energy slash on foes. Used on Eteglar.
- Final Ultimate Zero (ファイナルウルティメイトゼロ Fainaru Urutimeito Zero): The Ultimate Aegis' final attack has it take the form of a bow with strings made of energy, when Zero pulls it, the construct charges with massive amounts of energy. Used to defeat Arch Belial, ending the evil Ultra's threat forever. However, this attack exhausted Zero greatly. There is also another uncharged variant where the crossbow returns to the user instead and was used against Etelgar. This attack closely resembles Ultraman Nexus Junis Blue's Over Arrow-Ray Schtrom.
- Final Ultimate Zero Trinity (ファイナルウルティメイトゼロ・トリニティ Fainaru Urutimeito Zero Toriniti): A stronger variation of Final Ultimate Zero it was first used on Giganto Hyper Zetton. It augmented with Ultraman Dyna and Cosmos' energies.
- Ultra Zero Kick (ウルトラゼロキック Urutora Zero Kikku): Since Ultimate Zero is an armament, he retains his original flying kick attack. This was once used to attack Etelgar in Ultraman Ginga S The Movie: Showdown! The 10 Ultra Warriors!.
- Dimensional Travel: Like Noa, Zero can use the Ultimate Aegis to travel between universes (via a portal) and probably dimensions as well. He can also create a dimensional field to travel with passengers (all of Ultimate Force Zero).
- Acceleration: Zero can move at blinding speeds to attack enemies. Used to counter Belial (Kaiser Darkness)'s acceleration.
- Shielding: As the Ultimate Aegis is originally the Shield of Baraji, Zero can use the summoned armor parts to act as a shield before donning it.
- Wave Intrusion: Zero is capable of intruding communication waves to converse with any person he desired. He did so in Ultraman X episode 5 as Ultimate Zero, though in Shin Ultraman Retsuden, he is able to do it in his normal form.
Strong-Corona Zero (ストロングコロナゼロ Sutorongu Korona Zero) is the combined power of Ultraman Cosmos' Corona Mode and Ultraman Dyna's Strong Type. As the powers are combined, the abilities and statistics are combined too. With fiery power from Ultraman Cosmos Corona Mode and powerful attacks from Ultraman Dyna Strong Type, it specializes in exerting great force in hand-to-hand combat.
- Strength: Zero body boasts incredible strength in Strong-Corona form, he is now strong enough to tear through the Techtor Gear Hatred which previously held back the Ultra's strength as well as overpower EX Red King.
- Garnate Buster (ガルネイトバスター Garuneito Basutā): Zero gathers fiery energy from his Ultimate Bracelet into his right or left hand and punches a flame-covered fist into the air, firing a fiery beam at his enemy destroying them. It is a combination of Dyna's Garnate Bomber and Cosmos' Naybuster Ray.
- Strong-Corona Attack (ストロングコロナアタック Sutorongu Korona Atakku): Zero charges up energy to his fists and feet, before delivering a combination of fiery punches and kicks to opponent. This can also be done with his knees.
- Ultra Hurricane (ウルトラハリケーン Urutora Harikēn): Zero grabs his opponent and throws them into the air with enough force to generate a miniature hurricane, which then traps the victim(s), allowing Zero to finish them off.
- Rapid Punches: When fighting against Jathar, Zero can punch him at binding speeds and ending the attack with a powerful punch with his hand glowing in purple, strong enough to send Jathar towards an asteroid.
- Via Ultimate Bracelet
- Ultra Zero Lance (ウルトラゼロランス Urutora Zero Ransu): Zero can summon an Ultra Zero Lance from the Ultimate Bracelet, Zero throws it through an enemy and continues until it returns to Zero. Originally the bracelet would transform into the lance but when it stored Noa's power the lance simply materialized.
- Energy Slash: From the Ultra Zero Lance, Zero is able to create blue energy slash to damage foes. Seen when he fought against Surai.
- Mode Change (モードチェンジ Mōdo Chenji): Still wearing the Ultimate Bracelet, Zero is capable of switching either to his original form or Luna-Miracle Zero.
Luna-Miracle Zero (ルナミラクルゼロ Runa Mirakuru Zero) is the combined power of Ultraman Cosmos' Luna Mode and Ultraman Dyna's Miracle Type. With a soft heart and energy abilities from Ultraman Cosmos Luna Mode and speed from Ultraman Dyna Miracle Type, it exists for energy attacks, high speed battles and ending conflicts with no bloodshed.
- Acceleration: Zero in this form, can accelerate at fast speeds.
- Full Moon Wave (フルムーンウェーブ Furu Mūn Uēbu): Like Cosmos, Zero can generate a soft ray of light that heals the target/protects them in a barrier. To do this he sometimes gathers light from the Ultimate Bracelet. It also dispels minus energy, from hearts or beings/objects. Used to tame a rampaging Silvergon. It is based primarily on Cosmos' Full Moon Rect and Dyna's Revolium Wave.
- Life Saving Beam: An unnamed technique that Zero used to save Pigmon's life. Resembles the Luna Wave to a degree but that technique only calms monsters.
- Soul Purifying Wave: An unnamed technique that Zero used to purify the four monster souls in Alien Bat, sending them back to the after life and striping him of his power. It resembles the Revolium Wave but that technique had a different ability.
- Particluna Miracle (パーティクルナミラクル Pātikuruna Mirakuru): In this form, Zero can move and take off at incredible speeds in a blue aura, on the ground or in flight. His reflexes are also increased. The blue aura seems to protect his body as he dove into Bemstar's absorption organ and out Gan Q's eyes (they two were dimensionally link at the time) without ill effect, destroying the two monsters.
- Revolium Smash (レボリウムスマッシュ Reboriumu Sumasshu): A pulse of energy from Zero's hand, it was used to knock back Armored Mefilas. It works by converting minus energy into light energy and firing a pulse of energy into the target. However it has not been shown destroying a target. It is a combination of Cosmos' Moonlight Smash and Dyna's Revolium Wave.
- Miracle Zero Slugger (ミラクルゼロスラッガー Mirakuru Zero Suraggā): Zero can generate three or more pairs of his Zero Sluggers, controlling them all mentally, he can bring them together in an attack similar to Combination Zero.
- Via Ultimate Bracelet
- Ultra Zero Lance (ウルトラゼロランス Urutora Zero Ransu): Zero can summon an Ultra Lance from the Ultimate Bracelet, Zero throws it through an enemy and continues until it returns to Zero. Originally the brace would transform into the lance but when it stored Noa's power the lance simply materialized.
- Crescent Slash: A crescent shaped energy slash via the Ultra Zero Lance by striking the opponent. Used to finish Hyper Zetton.
- Energy Shockwave: By charging straight into the opponent with the Ultra Zero Lance, Zero is able to create a powerful electrical shockwave that can knock opponent back.
- Ultra Zero Defender (ウルトラゼロディフェンダー Urutora Zero Difendā): Zero's version of the Ultra Shield using his Ultimate Bracelet. The shield can turn into the Ultra Zero Lance and vice verse as they are the same object in different modes.
- Mode Change (モードチェンジ Mōdo Chenji): Still wearing the Ultimate Bracelet, Zero is capable of switching either to his original form or Strong-Corona Zero. He had switched into Shining Ultraman Zero from this form when fighting an Eteldummy copy of Belial.
- Main article: Ultraman Belial
Zero Darkness (ゼロダークネス Zero Dākunesu) is the form of Belial in Zero's body. This is considered Belial's strongest form, as according to Surai, he assimilated with one of the powerful Ultras in existence: Ultraman Zero.
- Dark Ultra Powers: Zero Darkness displayed frightening dark Ultra powers such as when he took out Jean-Bot and Mighty Base in one attack. He clearly possesses all of Zero's natural gifts, but they have been augmented by Belial's dark Reionics energies.
- Ultimate Bracelet: Belial had a dark version of the Ultimate Bracelet that glowed every time he used his energy slash attack. It is unknown if he can use it to take on Zero's other forms.
- Dark Zero Sluggers (ダークゼロスラッガー Dāku Zero Suraggā): While he possessed Zero's body, Belial had control over the Zero Sluggers. Instead of their normal green aura, they glowed purple. Unlike Zero, Belial holds the blades in a pinch grip, except when he initiates Dark Zero Twin Shoot.
- Dark Zero Twin Shoot (ダークゼロツインシュート Dāku Zero Tsuin Shūto): Belial used a purple version of Zero Twin Shoot to cut Jean-Nine in half.
- Cutting Attack: A technique that was used on Glen Fire, it used the Dark Zero Sluggers. How he did this was by slashing the opponent with a blink of an eye which also tearing their flesh.
- Deathcium Shot (デスシウムショット Desushiumu Shotto): Zero Darkness, with a flick of his hand, creates a crescent shaped burst of energy that not only took down Jean-Bot in one hit, but also destroyed the Mighty Base and Mirror Knight. When using this technique, the corrupted Ultimate Bracelet shines with dark energy for a moment, implying it may be the source of the attack.
- Dark Zero Flash (ダークゼロフラッシュ Dāku Zero Furasshu): A light bullet attack used to counter Mirror Knight's illusions.
- Dark High Spin: Like the original Ultraman, Zero Darkness can spin his body at high speeds, he did this to counter Jean-Nine, Glen Fire, and Mirror Knight knocking them before they could react.
Shining Ultraman Zero (シャイニングウルトラマンゼロ Shainingu Urutoraman Zero) is a form of Zero that appears in Ultra Zero Fight Season 2. It was first achieved when Zero challenged Belial inside his mind and managed to find the strength to expel Belial's darkness by the words of support from his then deceased teammates, and absorbing the entire energy of a sun (which represented all of his light, literally and spiritual). It is similar to Glitter Tiga in that it is the realization of the full potential of light.
In this form, the Ultimate Bracelet is fully integrated with Zero along with all the powers within it and the protectors on his chest run all over his body. It is stated that when Zero first entered this state, his mind was in a type of trance, because of that or the effect of the Shining Star Drive, when he left Shining form, he was left without memory of events that occurred during that time. In later appearances, Zero could change into this form by himself, but its use exhausts him in an instant.
- Shining Wide Zero Shot (シャイニングワイドゼロショット Shainingu Waido Zero Shotto): Zero is able to fire a Shining version of Wide Zero Shot it able to destroy his target in an instant. Used in Ultraman All-Star Chronicle only.
- Shining Emerium Slash (シャイニングエメリウムスラッシュ Shainingu Emeriumu Surasshu): Zero is able to fire a Shining version of Emerium Slash. It is a massive version of the normal beam, able to push back Belial several yards.
- Energy Backlash: From an energy spark on his right hand, Zero can repel any target he choose.
- Self-Exorcism: Should any external forces try to hijack the control of his body, he is capable of expelling them through his innate power.
- Shining Star Drive (シャイニングスタードライヴ Shainingu Sutā Doraivu): Zero is able to gather a sphere of energy to rewind time within a local area. A side effect of this power is that celestial bodies appear to move in reverse very quickly. Not only that, Zero can change history using this technique. However, such a feat drains Zero's power drastically.
- Shining Field (シャイニングフィールド Shainingu Fīrudo): First used in Ultra Fight Orb, Zero can create a pocket dimension to isolate himself and other passengers from the real world. The dimension's time flow is faster than the normal rate of the real world, allowing him to use it as a training spot. As a side effect, memories of the time inside of Shining Field can travel back in time due to the temporal-scrambling nature of the technique.
"Neo Fusion Rise: New Generation Capsule - Alpha, Beta!"
- ―Activation announcement
"Ultraman Zero Beyond!"
- ―Transformation announcement
Ultraman Zero Beyond (ウルトラマンゼロ ビヨンド Urutoraman Zero Biyondo) is a form featured in Ultraman Geed that is accessed through the Riser (Zero Mode) which uses assets of the New Generation Ultra Warriors (Ginga, Victory, X, and Orb). It is stated to be Zero's most powerful form. This form debuts in episode 8.
In this form, Zero traded his Protector for Crystals shaped after Orb's Protectors and his face resembles the Riser (Zero Mode).
In Ultraman Hit Song History New Generation, rather than a Fusion Rise, Zero is able to achieve this form by physically fusing with its four components. It is unknown whether this version of Zero Beyond is any more powerful than the normal one.
- Flight Speed: Mach 13
- Running Speed: Mach 8.8
- Underwater Speed: Mach 6.5
- Underground Speed: Mach 6.2
- Jumping Height: 1750 m
- Brute Strength: 180,000 t
- Grip Strength: 100,000 t
- Beyond Defensor (ビヨンドディフェンサー Biyondo Difensā): Like most Ultras, Zero can put up a barrier.
- Arm Blocking: Zero uses his hands, coated with purple energy, to block beams. He can also send them back towards whoever fires them.
- Barrier Dome: Zero can enlarge the barrier into a dome, which can be used to contain other beings.
- Bulky Chorus (バルキーコーラス Barukī Kōrasu): Zero firstly releases 8 energy cores from the crystals on his arms, then he stretches his arms to the side and proceeds to fire beams from those energy cores. It is strong enough to penetrate Galactron's shield.
- Slugging Chorus (スラッギングコーラス Suraggingu Kōrasu): A technique which involves Zero launching the Quattro Sluggers and the Bulky Chorus simultaneously at the enemy. Used against Star Bem Gyeron.
- Wide Beyond Shot (ワイドビヨンドショット Waido Biyondo Shotto): An improved version of the Wide Zero Shot.
- Emerium Slash (エメリウムスラッシュ Emeriumu Surasshu): Zero can shoot a laser from his forehead, similar to his old form. This attack is seen in Ultraman Fusion Fight! and has not made an appearance in shows or movies.
- Beyond Kick (ビヨンドキック Biyondo Kikku): A kick attack that is empowered by purple energy.
- Zero Hundred-Fierce Kick (ゼロ百烈キック Zero Hyaku-retsu Kikku): A continuous kicking attack.
- Beyond Punch (ビヨンドパンチ Biyondo Panchi): A punch attack that is empowered by purple energy.
- Zero Hundred-Fierce Punch (ゼロ百烈パンチ Zero Hyaku-retsu Panchi): A continuous rapid punching attack.
- Beyond Chop (ビヨソドチョップ Biyondo Choppu): A chop attack.
- Dynamo Cannonball (ダイナモキャノンボール Dainamo Kyanonbōru): Zero releases the energy from his whole body and becomes a mass of energy and hits the enemy.
- Beyond Leap Attack (ビヨンドリープアッタク Biyondo Rīpu Attakku): An attack which seemingly involves him continuously strikes his opponent, while at the same time, tricking them.
- Quattro Slugger (クワトロスラッガー Kuwatoro Suraggā): Zero creates projections of the 4 non-detachable Crest Weapons on his head and launches them at his target(s). They can defend against incoming attacks by having them spin around each other at high speeds.
- Boost Megaphone (ブーストメガホン Būsuto Megahon): They can also be used as a makeshift megaphone if need be and can produce sounds loud enough to launch a monster off into space.
- Beyond Twin Edge (ビヨンドツインソエッジ Biyondo Tsuin Ejji): Zero can wield two Zero Twin Swords made purely of energy, at once. They are also somewhat capable of ranged attack by launching energy slashes. Zero can also create a solid version of the Beyond Twin Edge, though he can only hold one of these as it takes all four energy projections of his crest weapons, but he can hold two of them in Ultraman Fusion Fight!.
- Twin Giga Break (ツインギガブレイク Tsuin Giga Bureiku): Zero enlarges the solid Beyond Twin Edge into a projection, then slashes the enemy, leaving a "Z" shaped cut through the opponent.
- Double Emerium Attack (ダブルエメリウムタック Daburu Emeriumu Atakku): A combination attack of Emerium Ray and Emerium Slash performed by Zero and his father Seven. Appeared in Ultraman Festival 2017.
- Double Barrier Containment: Along with Geed Maginificent's Arrayzing Geed Barrier, Zero can create a circular prison using a hemispherical barrier.
- Royal Twin Slash (ロイヤルツインスラッシュ Roiyaru Tsuin Surasshu): Zero and Geed Royal Mega-Master repeated slash the opponent with their respective weapons and leave an X shaped cut in them. Exclusive to Ultraman Fusion Fight!.
- "Zero! Ultraman Zero! Son of Seven!" (Zero speaking to Ultraman Belial)
- "You'll pay for this." (Zero speaking to Belial again when he see his home being attacked)
- "We still have our bright future!" (Zero's famous quote in Ultraman Saga)
- "Not yet. I...haven't given up yet! There are those I must protect! I am...an Ultraman!" (Zero's words just before first transforming into Shining Zero)
- "I am the real Ultraman Zero!" (Shining Zero speaking to Ultraman Belial)
- "The Star always shows up Late." (Zero to Geed)
- "I don't have limits!" (Zero's catchphrase as Zero Beyond)
- "Feel my blade's edge!" (Zero Beyond after summoning the Beyond Twin Edge)
The combination of Ultraman Zero Beyond seems to be related, aside from just being labelled as "New Generation Heroes" Ultra Warriors:
- New Generation Capsule Alpha (Ginga + Orb): Both briefly lost an original form/power prior to the start of their series as a result of a previous battle and at that time was forced to use an alternative to continue fighting (eg, using past Ultra Powers or bond to a host). Their transformation devices can act as weapons during combat, with their estranged comrades possess darker versions of it. Their series as well debuted simultaneously with popular arcade games.
- New Generation Capsule Beta (Victory + X): Both are Ultra Warriors whose Color Timer represented Roman numerical letters and their personal insignia. In combat, they can arm themselves with the power of an Ultra Kaiju and possess weapons that provide them secondary forms, stored under the appearance of Spark Dolls.
- Designer: Masayuki Goto.
- Ultraman Zero was originally going to be called by the initial draft name UltraSeven AX (ウルトラセブンアックス Urutorasebun Akkusu) by Masayuki Gotou and would have resembled an all red version of his current appearance, minus his Color Timer in earlier concept art. His Zero Sluggers were originally called the Double I Sluggers and he had several different powers from what his base form currently has, such as a flame covered dash. The Sluggers could also fuse into a bow and arrow, which was later implemented into Ultimate Zero. However, this decision was cancelled, he was renamed "Ultraman Zero" and his body was partially colored blue as well.
- These changes were most likely made to make him feel more like an original Ultra, as opposed to another revamped version of Ultraseven.
- Due to how common the red color is among Ultra Warriors, blue was added as well to make him more attractive to new viewers.
- His Techtor Gear Zero was meant to be called Armored Ax (アーマードアックス Āmādo Akkusu). Because of the difficulty in designing Zero, Techtor Gear Zero was made first to hide his original appearance. It was initially planned to have a sharp design but producer Junya Okabe proposed a daring appearance. Its suit is a separate molding from the original Zero while the orange tubes were portrayed to be able to expand and contracting itself.
- Yuji Kobayashi revealed that the reason he named the character as "Zero" is to symbolize the "restart of Ultraman story from scratch".
- Ultraman Zero is the first known Ultra from the Land of Light who is naturally both blue and red colored.
- In March 2011, an official Twitter account of Ultraman Zero told the readers to be careful of "strangers" that offered them the chance to become a "magical girl". The post itself is a joke to a popular anime series, Puella Magi Madoka Magica which featured the main antagonist Kyubey manipulating girls (including the main characters of that series) into a magical girl and had become viral in the Japanese fandom ever since, creating a string of internet meme that featured Zero facing Kyubey. Interesting enough on that same month and year, a civilian caught a photo of Ultraman Zero choking Kyubey's rag doll, further boosting up the meme.
- In Ultraman Saga, Ultraman Zero's rise is a combined sound of the Leo Ring and Ultra Eye.
- Zero is...:
- The third Heisei Ultra who has fused with another Ultra (Dyna and Cosmos, thus forming become Ultraman Saga).
- The first Ultra who had human hosts before taking a human form. However, he is not the first Ultra to use both human hosts and a human form. That honor goes to his father, who first assumed a human form before he took on a human host (excluding Masaki Kazimori Ultraseven's human host from the Heisei Ultra Seven timeline).
- The second Ultraman to have a mid-transformation that was not the Ultra's full size. Zero breaks the record at being only 5 meters. The first was Ultraman the Next, who was 10 meters in his mid-transformation.
- Shining Ultraman Zero first appeared in Zero's mind before it was materialized in his real body.
- Currently, Shining Zero is the only form that Zero achieved by himself. Since Ultimate Aegis was a gift from Ultraman Noa, Strong-Corona and Luna-Miracle mode were gained due to the fusion that created Ultraman Saga while Zero Darkness is a forced transformation when possessed by Belial. However Shining form is a combination of all these powers (Minus Darkness obviously) within his body due him fully merging with the Ultimate Brace and the Shield of Baraji within it, meaning the potential for this form was always there since he received the Ultimate Brace and the other forms.
- Zero has the tendency to relate things to 20,000 years in his speech while performing a backward peace trademark. This is likely a reference to the original Ultraman, whose age at the time of his first arrival on Earth and his first departure is 20,000 years.
- Ultraman Zero is the starting trend for most Heisei Ultramen and Tsuburaya Heroes to be voiced by Mobile Weapon pilot voice actors of the Gundam franchise.
- The name of Zero's new form, Zero Beyond, is rather interesting as he borrows the powers of his successors, making him obtain a power that is beyond his original era and thus an aversion of the current trope of recent Ultras utilizing their predecessor's powers.
- Ultraman Zero had broken the record of the highest number of Crest Weapons on a single Ultra as at his debut. The record would be broken again by Ultraman Orb Emerium Slugger with three Crest Weapons, but it was short lived as Zero Beyond had four. Zero still holds the record for the highest number of detachable Crest Weapons on a single Ultra, since his debut.
- Each time Zero has taken on a human host, he has had different effects on them:
- Run: Zero possessed his body and mind, Run was no longer himself and is simply Zero using his body as a puppet.
- Taiga: Zero was sealed into his Ultimate Bracelet and had no control of Taiga's actions. In fact, Taiga’s fear and unpreparedness caused Zero's transformation to be incomplete and was once able to cut off the transformation completely.
- Leito: A sort of combination of the previous two. Zero and Leito share a symbiosis where they either willingly let or force each other to have control over of Leito's body and mind, although it seems that Zero is still bound to his Ultra Zero Eye NEO to the point where if it breaks, he "dies".
- Zero had once become a true Super Ultraman in Ultraman Hit Song History New Generation, where he performed a proper fusion with Ginga, Victory, X and Orb. However, this is a one-off fusion and is also non-canon.