"I am Ultraman Tregear. I have come to realize your dream."
- ―Self introduction.
"Don't act like some galactic guardsman! Who decided the light is justice?!"
- ―Tregear to Taro in Taiga episode 1
"If your heart is weak, you'll fall into the darkness just like Belial did, even as an Ultraman. Just like my old friend..."
- ―Taro subtly hinting Tregear to Taiga.
"He appeared as an Ultraman, but his heart is dark cold. He meddled with various universes, exploiting the weakness of the hearts of its inhabitants and led their stars to destruction."
- ―Ultraman R/B Novel description.
Over 1,300 years ago, Tregear had altered the DNA of Reugosite, forcing the peaceful creature to go rampant, leading to its first battle with the three siblings from Planet Sanja.
Ultraman R/B The Movie: Select! The Crystal of Bond
Tregear was responsible for bringing Riku Asakura and Pega into R/B's Universe, leading to their meeting with the Minatos and summoning Bemstar and Gan Q to wreak havoc on Ayaka city. Tregear then contacted Yukio Toi, helping him realize his dream of destroying the world he hates, corrupting him into Snake Darkness in the process and sending him to Planet Hostar 21. Later on, Tregear approached Katsumi Minato, tempting with his desires and identity, transporting Katsumi to the same planet after showing him a scene of Mecha Gomora rampaging. Tregear then left Katsumi alone while Snake Darkness arrived on Earth through one of his portals.
During the final battle, Tregear finally shows up to back up Snake Darkness and was surprised with Ultraman Rosso's return though he easily drives everyone into a corner even when Ultrawoman Grigio appeared. Tregear and Snake Darkness continued having the upper hand until the Minato siblings fused into Ultraman Groob, joining Riku who transformed into Ultimate Final once more. After the battle, Tregear was apparently destroyed by Geed's Wrecking Nova. However, in the post-credits, Tregear has survived this experience and left Earth afterwards.
Prior to the series, Tregear fought against the New Generation Ultras near the Land of Light and confronted his old friend Taro after defeating them all. Even when the Tri-Squad arrived and successfully striking Tregear several times, he reduced them into particles before charging at an enraged Taro.
Twelve years later, Tregear reappeared as the arch-nemesis of Ultraman Taiga and relentlessly targets him. While hunting down Taiga on Earth, he assumes the form of a man named Kirisaki, who calls down monsters such as Hellberus to do his bidding. He personally attacks Taiga simply to spite him and his human host Hiroyuki Kudo after Hiroyuki's former pet Guesra Chibisuke was spotted in Japanese waters. Tregear kills Chibisuke to further enrage Hiroyuki, before taking his leave. Tregear also turns Rento Kujo into his puppet to cause destruction as Galactron MK2, and hinders Ultraman Titas upon his return. Other than that, Tregear takes the chance to taunt and meddle with Ultraman Fuma after Deavorick (MB) is destroyed. At some point, he also hired Alien Gapiya Abel to get rid of Taiga and the Tri-Squad.
Tregear was surprised by Taiga's transformation into Photon Earth and went to challenge him, finding out that Taiga had improved into a much more competent fighter. After a short battle, Tregear left, expecting nothing less of the son of Taro.
Tregear is a sadistic and remorseless manipulator and/or trickster who deceives people by offering to "fulfill their dreams" as demonstrated on Yukio Toi; he had used the man's hatred towards the world to turn him into the kaiju Snake Darkness. Tregear demonstrates more of these qualities when disguised as Kirisaki. He sometimes prefers to watch from the sidelines as he triggers a chain of events that lead to despair and suffering in others, rather than outright cause them.
Tregear seems to have a contrary belief towards the idea of justice, given his amoral viewpoint of light and darkness.
Tregear also enjoys mocking the Tri-Squad, meddling with them with every chance he gets. He even taunts Taiga multiple times during their first fight on Earth and took his Flame Blaster head on, knowing that it would not hurt him. Tregear also calls him "son of Ultraman Taro" instead of acknowledging his name, which serves to further fuel Taiga's anger. He also enjoys seeing Taiga make use of the "dark powers" inside the Kaiju Rings.
In lesser aspects, Tregear has also shown himself to have fun with his villainy as if only playing the part up to humor others. An example of this is when he gives a balloon to a little girl only to pop it a bit later.
He also shows some amount of disgust towards physical contact with aliens, at least with Alien Gapiya Abel. After shaking hands, Tregear immediately had to conjure a handkerchief to clean himself.
The only other individual that Tregear considers a true opponent is his former friend Taro. When in his presence, he drops his cocky attitude and becomes much more serious in both attitude and fighting style.
- Height: 50 m
- Weight: 37,000 t
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 9.9
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 4
- Underwater Traveling Speed: Mach 3.8
- Underground Traveling Speed: Mach 3
- Maximum Jumping Power: 850 m
- Brute Strength: 90,000 t
- Grip Strength: 75,000 t
- Eyes: Tregear's red eyes are unusually small for an Ultra, which may be because they are mostly covered by the mask-like object on his face.
- Armor: Tregear's body is covered in black and gold armor plating. This armor demonstrated the capabilities of withstanding an Ultra’s finisher without flinching and even surviving Geed’s Wrecking Nova.
- Color Timer: Tregear, like most Ultra Warriors, possesses a Color Timer. However, it is kept concealed behind an X-shaped golden armor plate.
- Claws: Tregear possesses gold claws on his fingers.
Kirisaki presses the button at the top of the Tregear Eye to open it up, changing its design from Tregear's chest to his mask. He holds the device near his face as his face is covered with a dark blue aura and his eyes shine red. Tregear then morphs into his Ultra Form and grows to giant size.
- Projection: Tregear can project himself through a computer or television screens to communicate, even being able to transport his body through it.
- Trera Phantasma (トレラ・パンタスマ Torera Pantasuma): Tregear can project scenes and events that are happening elsewhere, and show them to others and capable of deceiving foes with a vision.
- Teleportation: Tregear can disappear and reappear somewhere else.
- Trera Thyra (トレラ・スラー Torera Surā): Tregear can distort space and create a wormhole that can be used to transport himself, parts of his body or other beings through it. When transporting other beings, a giant blue hand is shown. A second variant is seen with the appearance of a five-pointed insignia.
- Mental Corruption: Tregear is able to influence the mental state of other beings, which can cause kaiju to rampage.
- Reflexes: Tregear's reflexes are honed to the point where Fuma's speed is nothing to him.
- Energy Transfer: Tregear transfers energy.
- Inner Darkness Release: Tregear can release the inner darkness within others, amplifying it.
- Trera Ultigeyser (トレラアルティガイザー Torera Arutigaizā): Tregear conjures a swirling energy rift that forms a five-pointed insignia, from which powerful electrical bolts are released. It is capable of sending foes flying across a city, hurting them with the high temperatures released.
- Trera Cheir Phos (トレラケイルポス Torera Keiru Posu): A dark blue electrical beam fired from Tregear's hands or finger. "Cheir Phos" is Greek for "Hand Lightning".
- Trera Ardiga (トレラアルディガ Torera Arudiga): Two handed version of Trera Cheir Phos. It has the same strength as Groob's Delta Breastranser if combined.
- Opto Dacrys (オプトダクリス Oputo Dakurisu): A red beam fired from each of Tregear's eyes.
- Ischyros Heba (イキュロス・イーバ Ikyurosu Ība): An energy shield, durable enough to withstand Grigio Regina's Erga-Trio Cannon.
- Ischyros Dynamis (イスキュロス・ダイナミス Isukyurosu Dainamisu): A ray of violence released from Tregear's hand, which can increase a human's inner anger and corrupt them into a monster. A second dose of this can empower the monster, but its 'inner darkness' will swallow up the host.
- Dark Fireball: Tregear can release dark fireballs from his hands.
- Hand Slash: Tregear can fire a blast of energy from his hands.
- Stun Bolt: An electric bolt used to stun and knock out others.
- Geargy Dirge (ギアギダージ Giagi Dāji): Tregear's energy drill attack. Strong enough to revert Ultras in powered up form back to their normal form.
- Energy Punch: A punching attack engulfed with blue energy.
- Energy Kick: A kicking attack engulfed with blue energy.
- Claw Slashing: Tregear performs a slashing attack with his claws.
- Ultra Dynamite: A dashing attack in which Tregear is engulfed in flames, and explodes on contact. Its power seems to rival Taro's Ultra Dynamite. Unlike Taro's Dynamite, which takes the form of conventional red fire, Tregear's flames are bright blue.
- Palm Strike: Tregear discharges energy through the palm of his hand. It can send another Ultra flying.
Ultraman New Generation Chronicle
- In an interview with Yuma Uchida, he mentions that his first voice over as Tregear was the first commercial for the film. It wasn't until the actual recording of the film that Yuma managed to capture the impression of his character, which he portrayed someone who is "neither good nor evil".
- From the pamphlet of Ultraman R/B The Movie, Masayoshi Takesue (the main director of Ultraman R/B) confirmed that Tregear was going to be the next recurring Evil Ultra Warrior, succeeding Ultraman Belial.
- While Masayoshi's words were proven true, they were taken almost too literally, giving Tregear an origin which very similar to Belial's (both were former residents of Land of Light and were estranged from Father of Ultra and Taro).
- From the August monthly issue Terebi-kun magazine, it is explained that Tregear's true strength is sealed behind the gear that covers his Color Timer.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66XcgepzB7Q
- ↑ https://ultra.fandom.com/wiki/File:FB_IMG_1567045248062.jpg
- ↑ https://en.tsuburaya-prod.co.jp/news/1162
- ↑ https://entertainmentstation.jp/407591
- ↑ https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1553845133
- ↑ 武居監督曰く、以前までの悪のウルトラマン代表であったベリアルが「ストレートな悪役」であれば、トレギアはその逆の「何を考えているか分からない怖さ」「陰湿さ、狡猾さ」を狙っているという。