|We're sorry, but this page is incompatible with the Visual Editor. Please edit with the text-based editor instead. Thank you for working with us.|
"The fists of a wiseman crush all in its path!"
- ―Titas, episode 3 Ultraman Taiga
|Human Host/Form:||Hiroyuki Kudo|
Unseen humanoid form
|Age:||9,000 years old|
|Home world:||Dark Nebula (Birthplace)|
Planet U40 (Current home)
|Voice actor(s):||Satoshi Hino|
|Suit actor(s):||Yoshiki Kuwabara|
|First Appearance:||Ultraman Taiga episode 1 "Buddy Go!" (Flashback)|
Ultraman Taiga episode 3 "Avenger of the Star" (Debut)
|Number of Appearances:||TBA|
|Race:||People of U40|
|Family:||Two Hellar Army Members (parents)|
Ultraman Titas (ウルトラマンタイタス Urutoraman Taitasu) is one of the three main Ultra Warriors in Ultraman Taiga. He debuts along with Ultraman Taiga and Ultraman Fuma as the first Ultra Warriors in the Reiwa era. He is a warrior and a sage from Planet U40, the birthplace of Ultraman Joneus, as opposed to the Land of Light in Nebula M78. With his carefully trained body and healthy spirit, he is skilled in heavyweight battles.
Titas' name may have been derived from "Titus", which can be interpreted as "Title of Honor" according to Biblical Latin. Though, it could also come from the term "titan" (タイタン Taitan), meaning a person of great strength or size.
Titas' parent(s) had joined the Hellar Army, conceiving him after they were exiled to the Dark Nebula. An orphaned infant, he was sent to Planet U40 via a capsule with note attached to it, saying that while the writer (Titas' parent) had chosen to go down a dark path, his son need not follow him. Titas was adopted and taken in by commander Zamias and his son Martyr, and the two became close friends. Looking up to Martyr, who had a well-trained body, Titas also began to train as well, every day without fail. Zamias, who was the commander of the space fleet, used to tell Martyr and Titas stories of his past. Although Martyr was heavily inspired by them, Titas could never resonate with his feelings. Eventually, Titas officially became one of the warriors of U40. He was caught in a war started by an empire in the Dark Nebula not long after that. It turned out to be the Hellar Fleet, under Hellar himself. Titas, Mattia and a 20 others were pushed into the underground by an attack, and Titas was reprimanded by the commander Gregorios for not performing his Ultra Change to become a ultrahumanoid. They went to Mount Parnassus to take down their anti-aircraft weapons so that the ship Ultria, along with Joneus could return to the planet and help them.
At some point when Taiga once traveled to Planet U40 and stayed there, he met Titas who decided to join him on his adventures. They later went to Planet O-50 to defend the Warrior's Peak from aliens who wanted to destroy it, and they met Fuma. Thus, the Tri-Squad was formed. At some time, they went to Planet Dino to fight against a robot army, and were almost sucked into a black hole.
Twelve years ago, Taiga and his team, the Tri-Squad, attempted to fight Ultraman Tregear after the other New Generation Ultras had been defeated. As a gift, the New Generation Ultras gave their light to the Tri-Squad, with Titas receiving the lights of Ultraman X and Ultraman Geed. Taiga, Titas and Fuma ignored Taro's warning not to fight Tregear and attacked him. Despite being able to strike him a few times, their combined strength was not even close to enough to defeat him. Titas and Fuma were reduced to particles, which enrages Taiga. He charges ahead, but he also shared the same fate as his comrades.
The light of Titas traveled to Earth along with the soul of the wife of the dead astronaut Rento Kujo, who was inside a Galactron MK2. Titas' light managed to reunite the couple, who finally passed away in peace after Rento gave up on his revenge. Titas met Hiroyuki Kudo and swapped with Taiga, who was injured from the battle with Galactron and made short work of the robot before going to space to destroy the falling satellites, but Tregear attacked him. Titas refused to fight back, knowing it was a trap.
Taiga, Titas and Fuma are reunited during the battle against Deavorick, and the Tri-Squad continues to protect the Earth along with Hiroyuki and EGIS.
Due to his bloodline, Titas had always felt out of place with the other U40 warriors. Reminiscing his past can cause him to daydream and stare into nothingness. He also used to regret being born as the descendant of a traitor, but seems to have gotten over it.
Among the Tri-Squad, Titas is the most composed one and acts as the senior and guiding force behind them as well as the mediator between Taiga and Fuma. For example, when Tregear challenged Titas during his first appearance on Earth, Titas simply ignored him, knowing it was mere words and instead focused on stopping a satellite from crashing into the city. Unlike Taiga, he understood that the Dark Ultra was only trying to distract him.
He sometimes shows off his masculinity and claims it to be "the muscle of wisdom", which Tregear has attempted to use it against him. Fortunately, it didn't work despite how much Titas is mocked.
Titas greatly looks up to Ultraman Joneus, and was inspired to research the Earth after knowing about how much Joneus loved the planet. As a result, he even knows Japanese idioms.
- Height: 55 m
- Weight: 50,000 t
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 7
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 1.5
- Maximum Jumping Distance: 500 m
- Underwater Traveling Speed: 130 knots
- Underground Traveling Speed: Mach 0.7
- Brute Strength: 150,000 t
- Grip Strength: 96,000 t
- Ultra Armor
- Astro Spot (アストロスポット Asutoro Supotto): Titas' star-shaped forehead crystal, the iconic trait of U40 Ultras.
- Star Symbol (スターシンボル Sutā Shinboru): Titas' Color Timer is star-shaped, a feature shared by the other Color Timers of the Great 8 Warriors of the People of U40.
- Taiga Spark (タイガスパーク Taiga Supāku): Like Taiga and Fuma, Titas wears the Taiga Spark on his right arm.
"Wiseman of Power, Titas!"
- ―Pre-transformation call
- Flash Travel: Like other Ultras, Titas can turn into a ball of light energy to travel long distances.
- Holographic Projection: Titas can create a projection of himself.
- Toughness: Titas' body is incredibly tough and can withstand more damage than the other Tri-Squad members. Also, he can deflect bullets simply by flexing, though he may be doing that simply to show off.
- Planium Buster (プラニウムバスター Puraniumu Basutā): Titas' finisher attack, where he forms an energy ball from the Taiga Spark, then launches it at the foe with his fist.
- Wrecking Buster (レッキングバスター Rekkingu Basutā): After scanning the Geed-let, Titas' Planium Buster is enhanced in darkness energy.
- Electro Buster (エレクトロバスター Erekutoro Basutā): After scanning the X-let, Titas' Planium Buster is enhanced in electrical cyber energy. Unlike his other Planium Buster-based finishers, Titas fires it when he places his arms in an X.
- Astro Beam (アストロビーム Asutoro Bīmu): In a similar style to Emerium Ray, Titas can fire an energy ray from his forehead.
- Locking Flare (ロッキングフレア Rokkingu Furea): An energy wave unleashed from his palm.
- Wiseman Fist (ワイズマンフィスト Waizuman Fisuto): Titas' swinging punch attack that is usually accompanied by a green aurora. Strong enough to break Galactron MK2's Galactron Veil and knock it back. This can also be charged from the Taiga Spark.
- Titas Bomber (タイタスボンバー Taitasu Bonbā): An elbow strike attack.
- Energy Chop: Titas performs a downward chop with his arm that is strong enough to sever Segmeger's tail.
- Ultra V Barrier: Titas can cross his arms to block attacks.
- Designer: Masayuki Goto
- Titas' home planet being U40 is likely to serve as a milestone celebration for The☆Ultraman's 40th anniversary.
- Despite originating from Planet U40, Titas is significantly different from other members of his kind:
- Even though he has a Star Symbol, which allowed an average warrior to grow to giant size, Titas stands only at the standard 50 meters of most Ultras instead of the 60-70 meters height as seen with his predecessors. As the vast majority of Ultras can change their height to suit the situation, this may simply be a case of him opting to not grow to that size.
- Titas does not use a Beam Flasher to transform, unlike others of his kind.
- His Color Timer starts off blue instead of green, does not turn yellow, and lasts only 3 minutes. Additionally, the color of his Astro Spot is also blue, and is visibly larger than his kind's Ultra forms.
- Titas' body is mostly black in color. He explains that this is because he is a descendant of a traitorous one.
- Fitting of his physique, Titas engages in intense training and exercise. In one instance, he starts off by doing a whopping 50,000 squats.
- Titas meeting Taiga in his home planet is not the first example of a Land of Light Ultra meeting a U40 resident. His predecessor Joneus appeared alongside the members of the Space Garrison at one point.
- Titas' possession of Geed and X's bracelets is pertinent, in that not only they received evil clones in the prequel miniseries, but X's Color Timer has three phases of colors, not unlike U40 Ultras, while both Geed and Titas had someone in their lineage who rebelled against their respective kinds. Additionally, both Ultras actively cooperate with their series' attack teams when fighting against opponents from outer space.