|This article is incompatible with the Visual Editor. Please edit with the source editor instead.|
"The fist of a wise man crushes all in its path!"
- ―Titas' announcement, Avenger of the Star
Ultraman Titas (ウルトラマンタイタス Urutoraman Taitasu) is one of the three main Ultra Warriors in Ultraman Taiga. He debuts along with Ultraman Taiga and Ultraman Fuma as the first Ultra Warriors in the Reiwa era. He is a warrior and a sage from Planet U40, the birthplace of Ultraman Joneus. With his carefully trained body and healthy spirit, he is skilled in heavyweight battles.
- 1 Conception
- 2 Personality
- 3 History
- 4 Profile
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
Titas' name may have been derived from "Titus", which can be interpreted as "Title of Honor" according to Biblical Latin. Though, it could also come from the term "titan" (タイタン Taitan), meaning a person of great strength or size.
"Insolence! I won't forgive anyone who insults the symbol of U40!"
- ―Titas, episode 6
Due to his bloodline, Titas had always felt out of place with the other U40 warriors. Reminiscing his past can cause him to daydream and stare into nothingness. He also used to regret being born as the descendant of a traitor, but seems to have gotten over it.
Among the Tri-Squad, Titas is the most composed one and acts as the senior and guiding force behind them as well as the mediator between Taiga and Fuma. For example, when Tregear challenged Titas during his first appearance on Earth, Titas simply ignored him, knowing it was mere words and instead focused on stopping a satellite from crashing into the city. Unlike Taiga, he understood that the Dark Ultra was only trying to distract him.
He sometimes shows off his masculinity and claims it to be "the muscle of wisdom", which Tregear has attempted to use it against him. Fortunately, it didn't work despite how much Titas is mocked.
Titas greatly looks up to Ultraman Joneus, and was inspired to research the Earth after knowing about how much Joneus loved the planet. As a result, he even knows Japanese idioms.
Becoming an Ultraman
Titas' parent(s) had joined the Heller Army, conceiving him after they were exiled to the Dark Nebula. A seemingly abandoned infant, he was sent to Planet U40 via a capsule with a note attached to it, saying that while the writer (Titas' parent(s)) had chosen to go down a dark path, their son need not follow them. Titas had been sent by his parents to begin his life on U40, where he could decide his own path. Titas was adopted and taken in by commander Zamias and his son Mattia, and the two became close friends. Looking up to Mattia, who had a well-trained body, Titas also began to train as well, every day without fail. Zamias, who was the commander of the space fleet, used to tell Mattia and Titas stories of his past. Although Mattia was heavily inspired by them, Titas could never resonate with his feelings. Eventually, Titas and Mattia officially joined the warriors of U40.
Titas was caught in a war started by an empire in the Dark Nebula not long after that. It turned out to be the Heller Army, under Heller himself. Titas, Mattia and twenty others were pushed into the underground by an attack, and Titas was reprimanded by the commander Grigorios for not performing his Ultra Change to become an Ultrahumanoid. They went to Mount Parnassus to take down their anti-aircraft weapons so that the ship Ultria, along with Joneus could return to the planet and help them. However, the giant 100-meter tall Synthetic Beast Kishiader attacked, killing Captain Grigorios instantly. Mattia and the other warriors did their Ultra Change, but none of them could grow to giant size and were overwhelmed by Kishiader. Kishiader killed most of the warriors and continued to rampage, scattering shrapnel and rocks that Mattia had to protect Titas from, because he could not summon the courage to change like the others.
With his dying breath, Mattia told Titas that the reason they fight is to protect and that his heart was his alone. Listening to his fallen friend's words, Titas finally used the Ultra Change, growing to 100 meters tall to combat Kishiader, and won. He was exhausted after the battle, and passed out. By the time he woke up, Joneus had already defeated the rest of the Heller Army. After that, he went through many more trials and tribulations, earning himself a Star Symbol from the Elder of U40.
Fierce Battle on the Golden Planet
Some time later, Titas became a sage. He was sent on a diplomatic mission to Planet G (惑星
Upon being questioned by Titas, Nephty explained that her brother changed after his visit the ninth planet he went to on his travels. Ausar XIII used to be a gentle individual with a strong sense of justice, but had turned ambitious. He returned early and the previous king, Ausar XII, died shortly after, making his son the prime suspect in an assassination plot, though he was never charged for it. Nephty also explained that Ausar XIII was building his army to carry out invasions. Hearing all this, Titas promised Nephty that he would do something about Ausar XIII but vowed not to kill him, since he had experienced the pain of losing a loved one. Titas returns to his spaceship and does research before having a private conversation with the king the next day. He reveals that he is not truly Ausar XIII, but rather the Parasitic Life Form Paraidar, who had taken over his body when he visited Planet Sorkin. Paraidar left Ausar XIII's body and fled to the pyramids, demanding Titas to surrender. Titas ignored him and pulled out his Beam Flasher, transforming into a giant.
Titas' punches did no damage against Paraidar because of his energy-based biology. His Astro Beam had no effect either since Paraidar can easily dodge it by changing his shape. However, Paradiar's energy attacks do little against Titas' strong body. Titas decided to taunt Paraidar into possessing a physical form, saying that he is useless without one. Paraidar merges with a pyramid and becomes a golem, but did not realize that Titas had studied his energy makeup. Using telepathy, Titas signaled Captain Nicks (ニックス艦長 Nikkusu Kanchō) to fire an energy beam from the Ultra Great Saucer (ウルトラ大円盤 Urutora Dai Enban) that caused Paraidar to become trapped inside the stone. Titas then destroys Paraidar's right arm using the Astro Beam, which enrages him. Paraidar pins down Titas, but Dairaoh, a giant robot he had constructed while possessing Ausar XIII, arrives. In an ironic twist, Dairaoh destroys Paraidar, putting an end to him.
After that, Ausar XIII had his sanity returned. He thanked Titas and dubbed him the Wise Man of Power. Meanwhile, Nephty had become infatuated with Titas, but he had not realized it. Titas went back to Planet U40 to report back to Amia, who called him dense for not realizing Nephty's feelings for him.
At some point in time, presumably after completing his training, Ultraman Taro entrusted Ultraman Taiga with the Taiga Spark, advising him to form bonds with others and explore the worlds around him. Taro then told his son to go to Planet U40.
There, he met Ultraman Titas and Ultraman Joneus, who were being invaded by Zett and a new Zetton Army, seeking to fight strong warriors and defeat them all to become "the strongest life form in the universe". While Joneus fought Zett, he told Titas and Taiga to retrieve the Wise Man's Sword in order to seal Zett away. They individually attempted to do so, but the sword rejected the both of them since the "lights in their heart were weak". The two of them decided to pull the sword out of the stone together, and it worked because they were able to combine their powers. Impaling Zett with the sword, they managed to defeat him. Taiga invites Titas to go on a journey with him, though he was skeptical at first. However, Joneus managed to convince Titas to go along with him so that he may be able to learn something.
Some time later, they later went to Planet O-50. Ultraman Fuma was defending O-50 by himself from the Planet Invasion Union who wanted to destroy the Crusader's Peak to prevent it from creating more Ultra Warriors, but he was almost shot by a sniper. Taiga noticed it and took down the sniper before helping him against the other aliens, who escaped. Due to their hotheadedness, Taiga and Fuma argued when the latter said he could have done all the work by himself. Ultraman Orb then appeared and told Taiga and Titas not to think too bad of Fuma because he was actually a good person. After saving Fuma from aliens yet again, another argument broke out between Taiga and Fuma, and they started fighting. The aliens reappeared, taking the chance to finish them off while they were weakened. Titas lent the both of them some of his energy, and Orb joined the battle against them, managing to defeat the aliens. Fuma was still reluctant to team up with the two of them, until Orb advised him to go. Thus, the Tri-Squad was formed, and the two new members received their own Taiga Sparks as well.
At some time, they went to Planet Dino to fight against a robot army, and were almost sucked into a black hole.
The Tri-Squad went to a jungle planet to fight against the Alien Gazariya (ガザリヤ星人 Gazariya Seijin), who sent their Dinosaur Tamer Dargen (恐竜調教師ダルゲン Kyōryū Chōkyōshi Darugen) and his Dinosaur Army.
Once, the Tri-Squad visited the Remote Planet Rashuwa (辺境の惑星・ラシュア Henkyō no Wakusei Rashua) after fighting a few monsters together. Seeing the winter-like scenery the planet, along with the people living in peace, Taiga proposed that the Tri-Squad should help them celebrate Christmas, which he learned about from his father. Taiga and Titas took on human forms, but Fuma refused to join in because of his beliefs, stating that he had given up his human form for a reason. Taiga and Titas make presents and were about to deliver them, but were attacked by a hornworm-like Kaiju that emerged from the ground in their imago form. They were hesitant to transform and fight as the presents were likely to be destroyed, but they saved by Fuma. Two more of the Kaiju appeared, and they had no choice but to transform and fight. After the battle was over, they were surprised to see a bright light shining upon them, with a real 'Santa Claus' appearing. By the time they were leaving the planet, the three of them saw lights on the surface forming a giant Christmas tree.
Twelve years ago, Taiga and his team, the Tri-Squad, attempted to fight Ultraman Tregear after the other New Generation Ultras had been defeated. As a gift, the New Generation Ultras gave their light to the Tri-Squad, with Titas receiving the lights of Ultraman X and Ultraman Geed. Taiga, Titas and Fuma ignored Taro's warning not to fight Tregear and attacked him. Despite being able to strike him a few times, their combined strength was not even close to enough to defeat their opponent. Titas and Fuma were reduced to particles, which enraged Taiga. He charged ahead, but soon shared the fate of his comrades.
The light of Titas traveled to Earth along with the soul of the wife of the dead astronaut Rento Kujo, who was inside a Galactron MK2. Titas' light managed to reunite the couple, who finally passed away in peace after Rento gave up on his revenge. Titas met Hiroyuki Kudo and swapped with Taiga, who was injured from the battle with Galactron and made short work of the robot before going to space to destroy the falling satellites, but Tregear attacked him. Titas refused to fight back until he destroyed the falling satellites first.
Taiga, Titas and Fuma are reunited during the battle against Darebolic, and the Tri-Squad continues to protect the Earth along with Hiroyuki and EGIS.
As a side effect of Taiga using the Kaiju Rings, his soul starts to get flooded with darkness. As a result, some of it is carried over to Hiroyuki, who had been having sudden, violent outbursts. Titas and Fuma notice that Taiga had been getting far more aggressive in his battles. This was actually part of Tregear's plan to turn Taiga to the dark side. Skull Gomora, Tregear took the chance to release the darkness within Taiga, shutting out Hiroyuki, Titas and Fuma in the process. Kirisaki knocks Hiroyuki out using psychic powers. Hiroyuki sees Taiga in the darkness and tries to get him to snap out of it, but Tregear appears and guides him further down the path of darkness, leading him to banish Hiroyuki from inside him.Just after Taiga had fought against
The EGIS members synchronize their brainwaves using devices to reach out to Hiroyuki, who, with the encouragement from his friends, dispels the darkness within himself, while somehow creating the Tri-Squad-let. With Titas and Fuma, they make an attempt to rescue Taiga. Hiroyuki dives into Taiga's Color Timer and clears the darkness inside him. With the Tri-Squad now reunited, Taiga gains a new form, Tri-Strium. With this new power, he defeats Tregear for the first time.
Titas continued to support the Tri-Squad and EGIS throughout their continuous battles against monster and alien forces. During Woola's arrival, Titas gave the exposition of said monster's origin, including a hint of Pirika Asahikawa's true nature. Following Woola's destruction, the Tri-Squad take turns in fighting Tregear as Hiroyuki activated the Quattro Squad Blaster, simultaneously having all members combine their attacks into Tregear and defeating him when the fallen Ultra rejects a chance of redemption.
Ultraman Taiga The Movie: New Generation Climax
After spending their time on Earth, the Tri-Squad's original bodies were fully repaired, allowing them to separate from Hiroyuki when the time was right. Taiga, Titas and Fuma fought against a Dada's customized Legionoid, after the alien's attempt to steal the Blue Stone of Baradhi was foiled by the EGIS members. Taiga used the Taiga Dynamite Shoot to destroy the robot.
On the way to confronting Kirisaki/Tregear, Taiga, Titas and Fuma suddenly appear and inform Hiroyuki that he no longer had to fight, since their bodies were repaired and could separate from him. Hiroyuki retorted by stating that they were a team and had to face their final battle together, touching Taiga's feelings. Taiga, Titas, Fuma and the New Generation Heroes face off against Taro, Tregear, and the monsters he summoned, with the Tri-Squad taking on Tregear before getting interrupted by Taro. The Tri-Squad fuse into Tri-Strium and clashed with Taro head-on with the Ultra Dynamite, attempting to force out Grimdo's darkness from within. Believing in their bonds, they succeeded at driving out Grimdo from Taro's body. Tregear offered himself to Grimdo, allowing it to devour him and reach its perfect form, and cover the Earth with its mass of chaos.
After a futile attempt at fighting Grimdo, even with their greatest powers, the New Generation Heroes fused into Ultraman Reiga via Taiga's Ultra Horns, and managed to defeat Grimdo and Tregear along with it. The Tri-Squad and Taro thank Hiroyuki and EGIS before departing to space.
Ultra Galaxy Fight: The Absolute Conspiracy
The Tri-Squad were training on Planet Maijii, due to its optimal gravitational pull for muscle development, when Zett appeared before them. Taiga and Titas recounted their previous encounter with demon on Planet U40. The alternate version of Zett spawned an army of Zetton to take on the team. Titas fought against the EX Zetton and Zetton Falx. With the three warriors struggling, they were aided by Andro Melos and Ultraman Ribut. Together, they managed to defeat the Zetton Army while Taiga went to face Zett, forcing him to retreat after firing the Aurum Strium at him. Receiving a message from Taro, they all went to the Land of Light to regroup, where Ribut briefed the three of them on the situation with Absolute Tartarus. Taro advised the Tri-Squad that they would soon have to help Zero on the front lines to deal with Tartarus, and Titas went back to U40 to check on Joneus after hearing U40 had been attacked. There, Joneus asked Titas if he wanted to fight against the threat along with him.
- Height: 55 ~ 100 m
- Weight: 50,000 t
- Age: 9,000 years old
- Home World: Planet U40
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 7
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 1.5
- Maximum Underwater Speed: 130 knots
- Maximum Underground Speed: Mach 0.7
- Maximum Jumping Height: 500 m
- Arm Strength: 150,000 t
- Grip Strength: 96,000 t
- Ultra Armor: Titas possesses an Ultra Armor that every other Ultra does. Being resistant to things such as explosions, lasers and fire. However, his are very tough as it's able to deflect most attacks.
- Protectors: Titas sports large armor plates across his chest and over his shoulders.
- Astro Spot (アストロスポット Asutoro Supotto): Titas' star-shaped forehead crystal, the iconic trait of U40 Ultras.
- Star Symbol (スターシンボル Sutā Shinboru): Titas' Color Timer is star-shaped, a feature shared by the other Color Timers of the Great 8 Warriors of the People of U40. This was granted to him at some unknown point after fighting Kishiader.
- Taiga Spark (タイガスパーク Taiga Supāku): Like Taiga and Fuma, Titas wears the Taiga Spark on his right arm.
"Wise Man of Power, Titas!"
- ―Pre-transformation call
Hiroyuki slides down the Taiga Spark's Ignition Lever to activate it, takes the Titas Key Holder and scans it, then raises his hand while shouting his transformation call.
- Travel Sphere: Like other Ultras, Titas can turn into a ball of light energy to travel long distances.
- Holographic Projection: Titas can create a projection of himself.
- Super Strength: As an Ultra that specializes in heavy hitting battles, Titas boast incredible super strength that is strong enough to even overpower Galactron MK2.
- Wise Man's Muscle (ワイズマンズマッスル Waizu Manzu Massuru): Titas' body is incredibly tough and can withstand more damage than the other Tri-Squad members. Also, he can deflect bullets simply by flexing.
- Muscle Ear (マッスルイヤー Massuru Iyā): Titas concentrates his ears to hear vibrations deep underground.
- Planium Buster (プラニウムバスター Puraniumu Basutā): Titas' finisher attack, where he forms an energy ball from the Taiga Spark, then launches it at the foe with his fist.
- Wrecking Buster (レッキングバスター Rekkingu Basutā): After scanning the Geed-let, Titas' Planium Buster is enhanced in darkness energy.
- Electro Buster (エレクトロバスター Erekutoro Basutā): After scanning the X-let, Titas' Planium Buster is enhanced in electrical energy. Unlike his other Planium Buster-based finishers, Titas fires it when he places his arms in an "X".
- Astro Beam (アストロビーム Asutoro Bīmu): Titas can fire a yellow energy ray from his forehead.
- Rocking Flare (ロッキングフレア Rokkingu Furea Unused): An energy wave unleashed from his palm.
- Wise Man's Fist (ワイズマンズフィスト Waizu Manzu Fisuto): Titas' swinging punch attack that is usually accompanied by a green aura. Strong enough to shatter Galactron MK2's Galactron Veil and knock it back. This can also be charged from the Taiga Spark.
- Wise Man's Rush (ワイズマンズラッシュ Waizu Manzu Rasshu): Titas can throw dozens of punches at blinding speeds.
- Titas Bomber (タイタス・ボンバー Taitasu Bonbā): An elbow strike attack.
- Titas Full Power (タイタスフルパワー Taitasu Furu Pawā): Titas performs a downward chop that is strong enough to sever Segmeger's tail.
- Titas Planet Hammer (タイタスプラネットハンマー Taitasu Puranetto Hanmā): Titas charges his fists with electricity, then leaps and swings both of his fists down on the opponent, releasing Plus and Minus energy onto them. This attack was the winning entry in Ultraman Festival 2019's move creation contest and was used during the stage show event before making its way into the TV series.
- Muscle Suplex (マッスル・スープレックス Massuru Sūpurekkusu): Titas flips the enemy over from behind, making them land head-first onto the ground.
- Muscle Slam (マッスル・スラム Massuru Suramu): Titas picks up the opponent and slams them onto the ground.
- Muscle Flying Attack (マッスル・フライングアタック Massuru Furaingu Atakku): Titas performs a body slam attack on a downed enemy.
- Ultra V Barrier: Titas can cross his arms to block attacks.
- Titas' home planet being U40 is likely to serve as a milestone celebration for The☆Ultraman's 40th anniversary.
- Unlike other U40 Ultras, Titas' Color Timer starts off blue instead of green, does not turn yellow, and lasts only 3 minutes. It was not made green in color because it would have caused "technical difficulties" (likely green screen problems).
- Titas' body is mostly black because he is a descendant of a traitorous one. From a design standpoint, Titas' color scheme was inspired by Ultraman Orb Thunder Breastar's, who had a "macho" appearance.
- A reason by Masayuki Gotoh during his interview about Titas' design, was because he would look "fat" if he's visually bright overall (Most likely referring to the common silver color marking).
- Fitting of his physique, Titas engages in intense training and exercise. In one instance, he starts off by doing 50,000 squats.
- Titas meeting Taiga on his home planet is not the first example of a Land of Light Ultra meeting a U40 resident. His predecessor Joneus appeared alongside the members of the Inter Galactic Defense Force at one point.
- Titas' possession of Geed and X's bracelets is pertinent, in that not only they received evil clones in the prequel miniseries, but X's Color Timer has three phases of colors, not unlike U40 Ultras, while both Geed and Titas had someone in their lineage who rebelled against their respective kinds.
- If Titas had obtained Photon-Earth's power, he would have named his hypothetical finisher Aurum Planium (オーラムプラニウム Ōramu Puraniumu).
- Titas has heard of many other Ultras from other worlds such as Ultraman Gaia and Ultraman Nice.
- According to scrapped concept art:
- Titas has considered the names Strong Muscle (ストロングマッスル Sutorongu Massuru) and Bulk Chomolungma (バルクチョモランマ Baruku Chomoranma) for a hypothetical power-up form, if he ever receives one.