|This article is incompatible with the Visual Editor. Please edit with the source editor instead.|
Ultraman Tiga (ウルトラマンティガ Urutoraman Tiga) is the Ultra that debuted in 1996, and was the first Ultra Hero to appear in a full length television series since 1981, ending the 15-year-long hiatus of the Ultraman Series since the ending of Ultraman 80.
Tiga was once the leader of the Dark Giants, and was a great destroyer, but since he shed his shadow nature in favor of the light and turned on his comrades by sealing them in statue form behind a great seal and taking their powers. He eventually became the strongest of a trio of Ultra Warriors among the Ultra colony which protected an ancient civilization on Earth. Tiga and his team saved the civilization from countless catastrophes. After their duty was done, they were laid to rest inside a giant pyramid until the Earth needed them again. Their essences left the Earth and leaving behind physical replicas of their forms for the future generation.
Revival of the Ancient Giant
An ancient legend of a village stated that long ago the village was attacked by a terrible monster but saved by a giant. After that battle the giant returned to the mountain and disappeared with the people of the village worshipping his memory, the Giant of Light.
Years later a wandering monster hunter stumbled upon the legendary Spark Lens beside a monster she had just killed, not knowing what it was she keep it but when she approached a village under attack by a monster the Spark Lens started to shiver. The village's wooden defenses were no match for the monster and the village was heavily damaged with the defenders of the village trying to confront it with spears. It turned out the monster was 'summoned' to that time by a sorcerer who wanted to prevent the revival of Tiga by destroying the golden pyramid in which his remains lay petrified (the very same one Daigo would enter and discover Ultraman Tiga in episode one of Ultraman Tiga).
When Tsubasa, the son of Daigo and Rena who was sent into the past by the sorcerer, he saw the Spark Lens which fell out the monster hunter's bag. He instantly noticed it resembled the one his father used to transform into Tiga. He grabbed it away before the monster hunter could object and transformed into Tiga. The monster was defeated easily but at the end Tiga disappears as Tsubasa was not destined to truly wield his power, even if he had the right genetics, and the whole village was devastated. Later Amui; a country boy who befriended Tsubasa, tells the village he saw the giant of light, but nobody believed him until the defenders stated they saw Tiga as well. Hearing this one of the seers in the village claimed the prophecy was coming true and soon someone in their village would be the one to awaken Tiga. Though Tiga defeated the sorcerer's first monster, he sent his strongest monster and his two acolytes to try and destroy the pyramid again. The villagers, with help from another village's elites, and the monster hunter fought the two acolytes but Tsubasa failed to defeat the monster Dogouf who defeated Tiga easily.
Tsubasa reverted to human form exhausted and the ancient Spark Lens was almost trampled by Dogouf but Amui saved it and turned out to be the one who would fulfill the prophecy. He used the device to transform into Tiga ultimately stopping Dogouf by using Tiga Power Type's finishing move after a tough battle. Tsubasa then fixed his jet and returned to the future with Tiga watching over the village ever since. Though the village disappeared in time, the land came to be known as Tiga, a vital clue that allowed GUTS to find the pyramid in the first place.
Present Times: Recovered
Tiga's body laid petrified in the golden pyramid and was discovered when the TPC branch GUTS was dispatched to search for the pyramid spoken of in a holographic message from the ancient civilization. They intended to find Tiga in a last ditch effort to stop the two beasts that had appeared; Melba and Golza. However, the two beasts destroyed the pyramid and began to destroy the petrified Ultra beings. Before Tiga could be destroyed, he was rejuvenated when he merged with the GUTS pilot Daigo Madoka, and quickly destroyed Melba, while Golza fled.
Defending Earth and Battling Evils
Tiga would continue to serve Earth, albeit without his Ultra comrades. Later on the holographic message told Daigo that he and Tiga were one and the same, implying that he was once Tiga in a past life. As time passes, Tiga would face powerful opponents such as Gagi, Gobnu, Kyrieloid, Weaponizer, Evil Tiga, Zoiger, and other enemies sometimes with or without the aid of GUTS.
As Tiga's time on Earth began to draw to a close, the servants of Darkness began to attack. The first of these was Gijera a servant of the darkness itself that threatened to drown humanity in a dreamlike euphoria. Tiga barely kept the floral monster from unleashing its maddening pollen on mankind. The final servant of darkness was Zoiger, who Tiga destroyed with great difficulty, almost faced with defeat. Tiga's final battle took place upon the appearance of Gatanothor; the master of all darkness which Gijera and Zoiger bowed to. Tiga was defeated by the evil lord and was petrified once again, but he was later revived by the hopes of the children of the world which transformed them into beings of light to merge with the Titan. This rejuvenation allowed Tiga to transform into his Glitter form with tremendous power and destroy the evil god. However, Tiga's victory came at a cost: Daigo lost his power and couldn't transform to Ultraman Tiga anymore as the Spark Lens disintegrated into dust after his final battle. However, Daigo tells Rena he believes that every human could also become light with their own power.
Ultraman Tiga: The Final Odyssey
Decision and the Ancient Awakening
Two years after Tiga defeated Gatanothor, Daigo and Rena had become engaged with the date of their marriage fast approaching. However, due to TPC's folly the Dark Giants had awoken. Upon the intervention of Camearra, Tiga's former comrade, Daigo began having visions and nightmares until he was beaten by the human forms of the three Dark Ultras. He was given another Spark Lens and told to go to R'lyeh where Camearra and her loyal partners waited. The spirit of Yuzare explained to Tiga what became of the giant's civilization; Camearra, Tiga and the other two dark giants had caused a civil war amongst the Earthbound Ultras, having them destroy themselves until only a few were left. She explained Camearra's plan, the three were trapped behind a barrier on R'lyeh that would hold for a century but if he were to use the power of darkness the barrier would shatter. Daigo decided to deal with his past life's unfinished business and set out for R'lyeh Island with GUTS and his wife arriving shortly after him.
Battle Against the Dark Giants
Once there Daigo used the Black Spark Lens, transforming into Tiga but due to the Black Spark Len's power he transformed into Tiga's original form; Tiga Dark, a warrior of Darkness. This transformation broke the pyramid of Light that bound the Dark Giants to the island, but before they enjoyed their freedom, they were pitted against their former friend. Tiga fought against his two past partners, Hudra and Darramb. Refusing their offer to join them, Tiga fought them both, one at a time, and barely managed to defeat them both. After absorbing their dark energy, he was able to dispel portions of the the darkness inside him and achieve purer forms of himself.
After finishing off his former comrade, Tiga finally fought Camearra herself, who did not hold back against her old lover. GUTS arrived on the island to investigate shortly before and Rena, using GUTS Wing 1, entered the battlefield attracting Camearra's attention. Camearra was about to destroy the jet, but Tiga shielded Rena with his own body. This act of benevolence dispelled the last of his darkness completely and he was returned to his normal form, but the battle wasn't over.
The Last Showdown
Enraged that her former lover had found a new beloved, Camearra awakened the Darkness from the depths of the island, and merged with it, becoming her ultimate form; Demonzoa. The gaseous beast attacked Tiga, who was unable to fight back. After a short battle, Tiga was killed by Demonzoa, and Camearra was ready to destroy the world. But the souls of the fallen warriors of R'lyeh Island gave their remaining power to Tiga, reviving and transforming him once again into his Glitter form. This time Demonzoa could not harm him so she grabbed him and absorbed him into herself where his Light was unleashed. Ultraman Tiga destroyed the beast, from the inside, and Camearra with it with Zera Death Beam. Later after Daigo had returned to human form he found the dying body of Camearra, who confessed that she once wished for the power of light as well. Daigo held her hand as the darkness's grip on her was relinquished and she died a pure soul. This was Daigo's final battle as Tiga, and the legacy of mankind's protector was passed onto Tiga's successor, Ultraman Dyna, to defend the Earth in Tiga's place.
Ultraman Tiga & Ultraman Dyna: Warriors of the Star of Light
Although Daigo doesn't appear in the movie, Tiga reappeared because of humanity's hope to save Ultraman Dyna, with both of the Ultra Warriors managing to destroy Queen Monera. Tiga uses the Zepellion Ray and Dyna uses the Solgent Beam and Queen Monera is defeated.
Ultraman Tiga, Ultraman Dyna, & Ultraman Gaia: The Decisive Battle in Hyperspace
Just like before, this Tiga alongside Dyna appeared due to Tsutomu's desire to save Gaia and to defeat King of Mons and his allies (Bajiris and Scylla). All of this came about by a sphere that granted wishes. Tiga battled Scylla and managed to destroy him with the Zepellion Ray. Both Tiga and Dyna vanished along with the sphere after Tsutomu wished it away.
Tiga, Dyna, and Ultraman Gaia Novel: The Adventure in Hyperspace
Dark Spark War
Prior to the Ultraman Ginga TV series, Ultraman Tiga participated in the Dark Spark War with other Ultras that came from other universes against the forces of evil. In the war, Ultraman Tiga faced Golza but in their midst battle, Dark Lugiel appeared and turned every Ultra alongside their allies, monsters and aliens into Spark Dolls. With the war over an unknown warrior appeared and faced Dark Lugiel but like the others he was also turned into a Spark Doll but he was kept within his Spark Device and fell alongside other Spark Dolls to Earth. It was revealed that Tiga was part of Dark Lugiel's collection.
The One Who Hates Dreams
At the end of the episode, Tiga's Spark Doll was shown to be held by Dark Lugiel. Dark Lugiel used the Dark Dummy Spark to corrupt Tiga's Spark Doll and turn him into his dark past self: Tiga Dark. Tiga Dark attacked Jean-Killer and severely damaged him so much that it made him revert back to his Human Host, Tomoya. At the moment Hikaru discovered that Tomoya was the one controlling the gargantuan robot, but while wondering who attacked him, Tiga Dark appeared before them. Taro told them it was Ultraman Tiga, while Alien Valky tried to correct him, saying it was his "cooler" form Tiga Dark, but his speech fell on deaf ears, as he said it too far away from them.
Tiga Dark attacked the trio with a Light Bullet, but Ultraman Taro managed to use Ultra Psychokinesis to deflect the attack, which fell on Valky knocking him out. Ultraman Taro told the duo to run as quickly as possible but as they argued and did not take notice when Tiga fired another Light Bullet. This time, Taro noted was too strong to deflect. As such Taro teleported the three away to safety.
Tiga Dark was not seen again until after the rematch between Jean-Killer and Ginga, a battle Ginga won by destroying Tomoya's Dummy Spark, rendering Jean-Killer immobile. Tiga appeared and began to fight Ginga, who was able to barely match him. To uneven the odds, Tiga transformed Valky into a giant to do battle with him. Together they began to overpower Ginga, until Tomoya reactivated Jean-Killer as Jean-Nine. Ginga and Jean-Nine eventually overpowered the two, defeating with their finishers and returning them to Spark Doll form. Tiga fell in his purified form.
Ultraman Ginga Theater Special
Tiga appears in this special. He was shown in trailers fighting Tyrant. Hikaru Ultlives into him after witnessing Alien Icarus living several monsters and himself into the powerful kaiju. Tiga begins to fight with the monster avoiding being cut by Tyrant's mace and tail. He then uses the Zepellion Ray, but only for Tyrant to use his Bemstar gorge to absorb it all until he couldn't do it no more, his timer also started to flash. Then Jean-Nine comes and rushes Tyrant and aids in helping Tiga. When Jean-Nine's cannon was caught by the monster, he slashed at Tyrant's Barabba Whip and cuts it of, knocking him off balance. The robot then handed Tiga the hook which he then turned into energy and threw it at Tyrant's chest. Weakened Jean-Nine used the Jean Stardust and launched it at Tyrant. Tyrant was then defeated and the Spark Dolls returned.
Darkness and Light
Kenta Ultlived into Tiga along with Seiichiro and Chigusa, who Ultlived into Seven and Ultraman to assist Jean-Nine in restraining Super Grand King so Hikaru could get through to Misuzu. Despite their efforts, Super Grand King ultimately defeated them.
After Ginga defeated Dark Lugiel, Tiga is assumed to have returned to normal and went back to his universe in the form of a ball of light like the other Spark Dolls.
Friends Left Behind
Tiga returned when Kenta and Chigusa sought a way to stop Alien Magma, who had Darklived Zetton. With Kenta as his host once more he fought together with Ultraman on the moon. Despite their best efforts, both monsters easily overpowered them. Moreover, both Tiga and Ultraman's Color Timers began to blink. Fortunately, Ginga appeared in the nick of time and defeated both Alien Magma and Zetton. Ginga then transported Tiga and Ultraman back to Earth before they reverted back to Kenta and Chigusa.
Ultraman Ginga S The Movie: Showdown! The 10 Ultra Warriors!
Tiga was among the Heisei Ultras imprisoned by Etelgar and Arena in the Evil Mirror. After being freed by UPG, he and the Heisei Ultras teamed up with Ultraman Ginga and Victory. He regroups with Ultraman Dyna and Gaia, facing an Eteldummy of the chimeric monster Five King that manifested from the combined form of their traumas against past monsters (in Tiga's case, Golza and Melba). Tiga turned into Power Type with Dyna in his Miracle Type and Gaia in his Supreme Version. Eventually, the three managed to defeat the ferocious monster with their combined attacks of Tiga's Delacium Light Stream, Dyna's Revolium Wave Attack Type, and Gaia's Photon Stream.
Despite not appearing in the series, Ultraman Tiga was the one that sealed away Magatanothor, the King Demon Beast of Darkness, in ancient times. Tiga's Ultra Fusion Card was collected by Gai Kurenai after the defeat of the monster and was used in present times to assume Ultraman Orb's Spacium Zeperion form.
He did manifest in the real world via his Ultra Fusion Card for Spacium Zeperion's real-time transformation and also to help Orb finish off the Ultimate King Demon Beast, Magata no Orochi, by firing his Zepellion Ray.
Dark Horse Manga
- Main article: Ultraman Tiga (Dark Horse Manga)
Tiga also stars in a manga drawn by Tony Wong and published by Dark Horse Comics.
Great Decisive Battle! The Super 8 Ultra Brothers
- Main article: Ultraman Tiga (Superior Universe)
Ultraman Tiga appears as an alternate universe version of himself in this movie.
Ultraman X The Movie: Here He Comes! Our Ultraman
- Main article: Ultraman Tiga (World of the Ultra Flare)
An alternate Ultraman Tiga was revealed to be one of the ancient Ultra Warriors that sealed the Devil Beast Zaigorg in the Baraji Ruins in the ancient times.
- Height: Micro ~ 53 m
- Weight: 44,000 t
- Glitter Tiga: 100,000 t
- Tsubasa Madoka ver.: 17,000 t
- Age: 30 million years old (Tiga Statue)
- Home World: Unknown
- Time Limit: Approximately 3~5 minutes (It is implied in the Gaiden that the time limit is based on the individual/host and/or their willpower.)
- Tiga Crystal (ティガクリスタル Tiga Kurisutaru): The crystal on Tiga's forehead, it is required for Tiga's Type Changes. It is also used to manipulate light energy for various other techniques. Tiga's Type Change process usually takes only 0.5 seconds.
- Eyes: Tiga possesses natural night vision as he can see just as clearly in the dark as he can in bright light.
- Protectors (プロテクター Purotekutā): The yellow bands on his upper body, they are indestructible pieces of armor, the sturdiest portions of his anatomy. They are also used to perform the Tiga Slicer, implying that they can charge and manipulate energy.
- Ultra Armor: Tiga's skin can withstand high heat environments and low temperatures. It does not show scratches and is resistant to fire and beams.
Daigo Madoka raises the Spark Lens to the sky and activates it. When gripped tightly, the Spark Lens' wing-like "appendages" then unfold and light shines from it, transforming Daigo into Tiga. Daigo has another transformation in which he brings the Spark Lens close to his chest and presses the small gold button, causing him to merge with the Spark Lens which turns into Tiga's chest crest and Color Timer. The Spark Lens will not work if shrouded by any form of intense darkness. Sometimes, if in near death situations he is able to transform without it. During the series finale, the Spark Lens disintegrated into dust perhaps due to Tiga being transformed into a statue again. In later media, after activating the Spark Lens, Daigo shouts "Tiga" before transforming.
Appeared only in Ultraman Tiga: The Final Odyssey. The Black Spark Lens is a dark version of its light counterpart. As Tiga was originally a dark Ultra, it stands to reason that this may have been the original form of the Spark Lens. When gripped tightly and raised to the sky, the wing-like appendages unfold, dark energy shines from it and Daigo will transform into Tiga Dark. What became of it after the battle with Camearra is unknown; it possibly disappeared or may have turned into a new Spark Lens like the original given that Daigo's son recognized an ancient version of his father's device. Regardless Daigo's days as an Ultra warrior were over as he never transformed again.
Ultraman Tiga became a Spark Doll in the conclusion of the Dark Spark War due to the Dark Spark's powers. His Spark Doll was kept in Dark Lugiel's collection. Dark Lugiel later Darklived Tiga's Spark Doll into Tiga Dark to punish Tomoya for his betrayal and kill Hikaru. After his defeat, Tiga Dark was reverted back to his normal form and has been kept by Hikaru.
After Dark Lugiel's defeat, it is assumed Ultraman Tiga's Spark Doll is likely to have reverted back to its original form and departed Earth to return home.
- In the first Theater Special, when Hikaru Ultlives into Tiga to face Tyrant.
- In episode 10, where Kenta Watarai Ultlives into Ultraman Tiga to stop Super Grand King alongside Ultraman and Ultraseven.
- After the series' end, Kenta uses the Tiga Spark Doll once again to fight Alien Magma and Zetton.
Multi Type (マルチタイプ Maruchi Taipu) is Tiga's default form, which has equal parts of strength and mobility. Despite the fact that Tiga is a physical fighter, this is where his energy manipulation abilities were best demonstrated. It is designed for melee combat despite his psychic abilities. In the 4Kids dub, it is known as "Omni Mode".
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 5
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 1.5
- Maximum Underwater Speed: Mach 1.5
- Maximum Underground Speed: Mach 1.5
- Maximum Jumping Height: 800 m
- Grip Strength: 50,000 t
- Crossover Formation (クロスオーバーフォーメーション Kurosu Ōbā Fōmēshon): A momentarily power boost utilized along with other Heisei Ultras to destroy Etelgar's castle.
- Power Transfer: Tiga can donate his powers to the Ultra Fusion Brace along with other Heisei Ultras to allow Ultraman Ginga Victory to use his powers.
- Timer Flash Special (タイマーフラッシュスペシャル Taimā Furasshu Supesharu): Tiga unleashes intense light from his Color Timer, which can be used to kill a monster. First used on Abolbus and then the monster Bakugon. In UFE3, it's revealed that this move is more powerful than the Zeperion Beam.
- Spacium Beam (スペシウム光線 Supeshiumu Kōsen): Tiga can fire his own version of the Spacium Beam. Due to the nature of events, it is unknown if this is canon. Used in New Century Ultraman Legend. It is silver like the original Ultraman's.
- Multi Spacium Beam (マルチ・スペシウム光線 Maruchi Supeshiumu Kōsen): Tiga can fire the Spacium Beam using the same stance as Ultraman. However, he fires it in the form of multiple energy blasts. First used in episode 41.
- Tiga Slicer (ティガスライサー Tiga Suraisā): An energy wave that can cut through things like the Ultra-Slash. Tiga performs it by placing his arms on his shoulders, then quickly thrusting them forward along with the Cutter Beam.
- Bright Shot (ブライトショット Burito Shotto): A beam from both hands shot forward. Used twice while flying. Used to cut off Magnia's beam attack on the GUTS mecha in episode 22.
- Ultra Light Power (ウルトラ・ライトパワー Urutora Raito Pawā): A beam from his hands, used to repel enemies.
- Ultra Headbutt (ウルトラヘッドバット Urutora Heddobatto): A headbutt technique.
- Tiga Multi Punch (ティガマルチパンチ Tiga Maruchi Panchi): A technique of multiple punches dished out at close quarters, the purpose of this technique is to determine the opponent's weakness.
- Ultra Light-Knuckle (ウルトラ・ライトナックル Urutora Raito Nakkuru): Tiga can charge his fists with energy for a more effective attack.
- Tiga Multi Kick (ティガマルチキック Tiga Maruchi Kikku): A variation of the Ultra Kick, can be a roundhouse kick, straight kick, high kick, double kick etc.
- Tiga Multi Chop (ティガマルチチョップ Tiga Maruchi Choppu): A series of chops, the purpose of this technique is to break through the opponent's touch skin, but it has never been used successfully.
- Slap Shot (スラップショット Surappu Shotto): Tiga jumps towards the enemy and his energized hand cut through the enemy via a chop. Used to save Rena from Desimonia.
- Ultra Brain Chop (ウルトラブレーンチョップ Urutora Burēn Choppu): Similar to the Slap Shot but with a normal chop, it is none the less very powerful as it wounds can be fatal. Used on Evil Tiga.
- Tiga Tornado (ティガトルネード Tiga Torunēdo): Tiga spins at high speeds to repel attacks. Used on the Alien Raybeak soldiers.
- Ultra Jumping Knee Drop (ウルトラジャンピングニードロップ Urutora Janpingu Nī Doroppu): A flying knee strike.
- Ultra Cross Barrier (ウルトラクロスバリヤー Urutora Kurosu Bariyā): Tiga can cross his arms to block attacks.
- Ultra Blade Catch (ウルトラ白刃取り Urutora Shiraha-tori): A technique for catching a sword between one's hand. Used against Sakuna Oni.
- Ultra Whipper (ウルトラホイッパー Urutora Hoippā): A throwing technique that has the enemy raised over Tiga's shoulders.
- Ultra Power (ウルトラパワー Urutora Pawā): A technique to summon great strength. Used to throw Kyrieloid II into the air.
- Flashing Attack (フラッシングアタック Furasshingu Atakku): A super-charged dash in which Tiga charges himself with energy and tackles his foe. Can destroy monsters in one hit.
- Ultra Heat Hug (ウルトラヒートハッグ Urutora Hīto Haggu): Tiga can charge his entire body with energy to heat himself up to staggering degrees. He then grabs hold on his enemy, causing them to explode.
- Energy Implant: Tiga can implant his foot with energy to energize Tyrant's Barabas Whip towards Tyrant's body, destroying him.
- Type Change Combi (タイプチェンジ・コンビ Taipu Chenji Konbi): Tiga attacks the opponent with Power Type and Sky Type before reverting to Multi Type and launch Zepellion Ray. This attack was demonstrated in the games, Lost Heroes and Lost Heroes 2.
- Timer Flash (タイマーフラッシュ Taimā Furasshu): Tiga unleashes light from his Color Timer. Used to cause Gilanbo's clones to vanish.
- Ultra Fix (ウルトラフィックス Urutora Fikkusu): Tiga can fire a beam from his palm that will hold an enemy in place; it freezes them movement wise.
- Cell Change Beam (セルチェンジビーム Seru Chenji Bīmu): Charged the same way as the Zeperion Beam, Tiga emits a ray from both hands that calms the monster.
- Cell Change Beam Type Two: Tiga can generate a sphere using the crystal on his forehead that changes a monster into a normal creature. However, it is not one hundred percent effective and it uses a lot of energy.
- Ultra Psychic (ウルトラ念力 Urutora Nenriki): After touching the stone on his forehead, Tiga can emit a beam from his middle and index finger to levitate objects and telekinetically control them as they are surrounded by a green aura.
- Crystal Power (クリスタルパワー Kurisutarupawā): Raising his hands to beside his forehead crystal and then to his side Tiga can fire a beam from the crystal on his forehead to recharge another Ultra. Used to save Ultraman Dyna from Queen Monera.
- Forehead Prison: Tiga can emit this beam by first placing his index fingers in his forehead, and then extending his fingers to release the beam. This encases the foe in an orb.
- Tiga Catch: Tiga can catch an energy blast and cup it into an energy ball. Usually, Tiga throws back the energy ball to the opponent.
- Combined Ray: Tiga can combine his Zeperion Beam with Ultraman's Spacium Beam.
- Ultra Double Slicer (ウルトラダブルスライサー Urutora Daburu Suraisā): With Dyna, both Ultras fire their Beam Slicer and Hand Slash, respectively on an enemy.
- Flying Double Punch (フライングダブルパンチ Furaingu Daburu Panchi): With Dyna, both can perform a flying punch on the enemy.
- TD Special (
ＴＤスペシャル Tī Dī Supesharu): Tiga and Dyna fire their Zeperion Beam and Solgent Beam simultaneously, which converge into a single, more powerful beam.
Power Type (パワータイプ Pawā Taipu) is Tiga's strength form, where he becomes more red in coloration. This form is called upon when Tiga wishes to exert more physical power, but the cost is speed and agility. He got his strength from absorbing Darramb's power. Generally speaking, Tiga tends to prefer this form over Sky Type. In the 4Kids dub, this form is known as "Power Mode". In the Dark Horse Comics it is stated to be designed for high power and combat in high pressure environments.
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 3
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 1
- Maximum Underwater Speed: Mach 1
- Maximum Underground Speed: Mach 1
- Maximum Jumping Height: 500 m
- Grip Strength: 70,000 t
- Super Strength: In Power Type, Tiga's body boasts incredible brute strength, being able to pick up and toss monsters with little difficulty. His endurance is also increased.
- Delacium Light Stream (デラシウム光流 Derashiumu Kōryū): Power Type's finishing move. Tiga gathers heat energy into a sphere before throwing it, or unleashing it as a beam. In the twelfth episode, Tiga used it to reduce Leilons caught by Miracle Balloon Beam to return to the sea.
- Ultra Head Crusher (ウルトラヘッドクラッシャー Urutora Heddo Kurassha): Tiga can grab the opponent, holding it upside down and then with all his might slams them head first into the ground. This can leave the opponent trapped with their head in the ground.
- Tiga Blitz Punch (ティガ電撃パンチ Tiga Dengeki Panchi): A straight punch using unleashed stored up energy. There is an explosive discharge on impact.
- Tiga Power Punch (ティガ・パワーパンチ Tiga Pawā Panchi): Instead of using the gathered energy to perform the Delacium Light Stream, Tiga can absorb the energy into his body, this is performed to charge up for a powerful punch that dishes out all power of the body concentrated into the arms.
- Tiga Blitz Kick (ティガ電撃キック Tiga Dengeki Kikku): A powerful kick charged with energy, upon impact the energy is discharged into the target.
- Ultra Heel Drop (ウルトラかかと落とし Urutora Kakato Otoshi): An axe kick from 500 meters after a jump. The technique requires the foot be held high.
- Ultra Power Chop (ウルトラ・パワーチョップ Urutora Pawā Choppu): A chop using stored up energy.
- Ultra Back Breaker (ウルトラバックブレーカー Urutora Bakku Burīkā): A bear hug that breaks the enemy's spine. Used on Fire Golza.
- Ultra Lifter (ウルトラ・リフター Urutora Rifutā): A skill for lifting and throwing heavy opponents, used on Gakuma.
- Ultra Whipper (ウルトラホイッパー Urutora Hoippā): A skill to throw the opponent a great distance.
- Ultra Swing (ウルトラ・スウィング Urutora Suuingu): A skill where the enemy is swung around and thrown using their legs and/or tail.
- Ultra Leg Whip (ウルトラ・レッグホイップ Urutora Reggu Hoippu): A throwing technique using the opponent's leg.
- Tiga Holder: When Tiga crosses his arms, he can easily hold an enemy's physical and projectile attacks.
- Ultra Spin Attack (ウルトラスピンアタック Urutora Supin Atakku): Tiga runs towards his opponent and somersaults forward, landing on them. They are brought down with the head caught between his legs. Only used once in episode 22.
- Tiga Burning Dash (ティガ バーニングダッシュ Tiga Bāningu Dasshu): The Power Type version of the Flashing Attack. An airborne ramming technique where the right arm is clenched outward. Can destroy monsters in one hit.
- Miracle Balloon Beam (ミラクルバルーン光線 Mirakuru Barūn Kōsen): Tiga's hands come together at his chest, cupped, to create a huge bubble, and then hurls it with both hands still cupped at his foe. This move can encase monsters in a huge bubble. It can also change a monster that was once an animal into the creature it was before mutation.
- Energy Pulse: In Power Type, Tiga can send energy pulses throughout his body to shock anything that has latched on to him.
- Tiga Hold Light Wave (ティガ・ホールド光波 Tiga Hōrudo Kōha): Tiga can create strings of energy, going from one finger to the other. His fists then come together to release the waves at his opponent. These waves, when used, can stop a monster from trying to disappear. It can also be used to catch enemy fire and return it back as well as reversing a teleportation.
- Tiga Catch: Tiga uses his hands to catch an enemy's attack and deflect it back at them. Used against Zoiger.
Sky Type (スカイタイプ Sukai Taipu) is Tiga's speed form, where he trades much of his strength for great speed and agility making him much faster than any of his other Types. He got his speed from absorbing Hudra's power. In the 4Kids dub, this form is known as "Speed Mode". In the Dark Horse Comics it is stated to be designed for high speed melee combat and aerial combat.
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 7
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 2
- Maximum Underwater Speed: Mach 1
- Maximum Underground Speed: Mach 1.3
- Maximum Jumping Height: 1,000 m
- Grip Strength: 30,000 t
- Super Speed: In Sky Type, Tiga's body boasts incredible super speed, being able to get out and run from any tight situation with little difficulty. Tiga also can combine his attacks with the form's speed.
- Healing Ability: Like any Ultra Tiga bleeds light, not blood, making easier for him to recover. But in Sky type, any injury, even those prior to using that form will be healed in thirty seconds.
- Ranbalt Light Bullet (ランバルト光弾 Ranbaruto Kōdan): Sky Type's finishing move. Tiga can unleash one or multiple blue energy arrows from his right hand. It can destroy monsters in one blow.
- Tiga Machine Gun Punch (ティガ マシンガンパンチ Tiga Mashin Gan Panchi): Tiga can hit his opponent ten times in one second.
- Ultra Body Attack (ウルトラボディーアタック Urutora Bodī Atakku): When flying Tiga can use his body as battering ram at high speeds without ill effect on himself, his fists are charged with energy. Used against the first Gazort to bring it down.
- Tiga Sky Kick (ティガ・スカイキック Tiga Sukai Kikku): A jump kick designed to take down airborne enemies, it flies upward instead of down. Used to down Melba.
- Ultra Heel Drop (ウルトラかかと落とし Urutora Kakato Otoshi): A kick technique using rotation to add power, used on Kyrieloid.
- Tiga Sky Chop (ティガ・スカイチョップ Tiga Sukai Choppu): A powerful chop dished out using timing and speed, can be used continuously.
- Ultra Whipper (ウルトラホイッパー Urutora Hoippā): A throwing technique similar to Ultraseven's Flying Mare.
- Ultra Leg Whip (ウルトラ・レッグホイップ Urutora Reggu Hoippu): A throwing technique using the opponent's legs and/or feet.
- Tiga Sky Dash (ティガ・スカイダッシュ Tiga Sukai Dasshu): The Sky Type version of the Flashing Attack. An airborne ramming technique where the left arm is extended outward. Tiga can hit his opponent using his own body without fear of damage. Used to down Alien Regulan.
- Sky Thunder Dash (スカイ・サンダーダッシュ Sukai Sandā Dasshu): When faced with multiple enemies in episode 38, Tiga moved at incredible speeds while continuously attacking.
- Tiga Freezer (ティガフリーザー Tiga Furīzā): By putting his hands together in a similar fashion to the Ranbalt Light Bullet, Tiga fires a beam above his foes which explodes into a thick mist that freezes the target completely.
- Flash Bomber (フラッシュ・ボマー Furasshu Bomā): Tiga can cross his hands and place them forward releasing a powerful energy stream, its strength is unknown as it was only ever used to counter enemy attacks.
Glitter Tiga (グリッターティガ Gurittā Tiga) is Tiga's final form. This form achieved when humans or any other beings (i.e. Giants of Light) give their inner Light of Hope to Tiga. In his fight against Gatanothor, he simply appears as he does Multi Type, most probably due to CGI limitations at the time. This form is also called Final Version (ファイナルバージョン/ヴァージョン Fainaru Bājon/Vājon) in some older merchandise.
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 10
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 5
- Maximum Underwater Speed: Mach 5
- Maximum Underground Speed: Mach 5
- Maximum Jumping Height: 1,500 m
- Grip Strength: 100,000 t
- Glitter Zeperion Beam (グリッターゼペリオン光線 Gurittā Zeperion Kōsen): Glitter Tiga's "L" style finisher. It is an upgraded version of the Zeperion Beam.
- Timer Flash Special (タイマーフラッシュスペシャル Taimā Furasshu Supesharu): Tiga can fire a rainbow-colored beam from his Color Timer. It is an upgraded version of Multi Type's Timer Flash Special. This attack is very strong, as it can defeat Gatanothor in one hit.
- Glitter Bomber (グリッター・ボンバー Gurittā Bonbā): Tiga gathers energy into his Color Timer and fires an energy beam from his fist.
- Glitter Banish (グリッター・バニッシュ Gurittā Banisshu): Tiga gathers energy into his Color Timer and fires an energy beam from his foot.
- Glittering Shield (グリタリングシールド Gurittaringu Shīrudo): A shield of golden light that surrounds Glitter Tiga, making him impervious to enemy attacks.
- Zera Death Beam (ゼラデスビーム Zera Desu Bīmu): Tiga gathers energy by crossing both arms in front of his chest, turning the Glittering Shield into a super-destructive ray. This is powerful enough to destroy monsters like Demonzoa.
Tiga Dark (ティガダーク Tiga Dāku) was Tiga's original form in ancient times, where it was colored black and gun-metal grey. He abandoned this form when he turned to the light. Millennia later however when the Dark Giants awakened again, Camearra gave Daigo the Black Spark Lens and he was reborn once more. Due to Daigo's lack of an evil heart, he could not demonstrate the full power of this form, being only able to use about half of this form's true potential. The form was introduced during a vision induced by Camearra, Daigo first appeared as Tiga Multi Type but was quickly turned into Tiga's dark form. It appeared again in Ultraman Ginga after his Spark Form was Darklived by Dark Lugiel.
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 2.5
- Maximum Running Speed: 900 kph
- Maximum Underwater Speed: 900 kph
- Maximum Underground Speed: 800 kph
- Maximum Jumping Height: 400 m
- Grip Strength: 30,000 t
- Attack Absorption: If Tiga Dark is hit with dark light energy, he can convert it into pure light energy, and rid himself of some of the darkness inside him, which was how he became Tiga Tornado.
- Power of Darkness: It has been stated by Camearra that Tiga wielded a greater power of darkness than any of the other Dark Giant, even Camearra herself, implying that Daigo never used his full potential as Tiga, aside from Glitter mode. During their fight Darramb said that Daigo was only using half of his true power, though he may have been comparing Tiga Dark to Tiga Multi Type. The original Tiga was also able to steal the abilities of his fellow Dark Giants.
- Dark Vision: Tiga can fire a dark energy from his eyes, to make another being become a giant. Used in Ultraman Ginga on Alien Valky.
- Dark Whipper (ダークホイッパー Dāku Hoippā): The same as the Ultra Whipper.
- Dark Mare (ダークメイヤー Dāku Meiyā): The same as the Flying Mare.
- Dark Swim (ダークスイム Dāku Suimu): Tiga could swim at 900 km per hour in the Dark Water dimension despite the great pressures.
- Dark Power (ダークパワー Dāku Pawā): Tiga Dark summons all his strength. While inferior, it allowed for Daigo to keep up with Darramb.
- Dark Punch (ダークパンチ Dāku Panchi): A quick counter punch.
- Dark Kick (ダークキック Dāku Kikku): A powerful straight kick, is able to strike with super speed and stun the enemy.
- Dark Tackle (ダークタックル Dāku Takkuru): A flying punch attack.
Tiga Tornado (ティガトルネード Tiga Torunēdo) is a form that Tiga Dark changed into after absorbing Darramb's Fire Magnum. It has the same abilities as Power Type.
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 3
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 1
- Maximum Underwater Speed: Mach 1
- Maximum Underground Speed: 900 kph
- Maximum Jumping Height: 450 m
- Grip Strength: 60,000 t
- Super Strength: Due to absorbing Darramb's power, Tiga Tornado has the same power as Power Type.
- Attack Absorption: If Tiga Tornado is hit with dark light energy, he can convert it into pure light energy, and rid himself of some of the darkness inside him, which was how he became Tiga Blast.
- Delacium Light Stream (デラシウム光流 Derashiumu Kōryū): Tiga Tornado had the same signature finisher as Power Type, Tiga gathers heat energy into a sphere before throwing it, or unleashing it as a beam.
- Tornado Back Breaker (トルネードバックブレーカー Torunēdo Bakku Burīkā): Same as the Ultra Back Breaker.
- Tornado Lifter (トルネードリフター Torunēdo Rifutā): Same as the Ultra Lifter.
- Strength Swing (ストレングススウィング Sutorengusu Suuingu): Same as the Ultra Swing.
- Tornado Punch (トルネードパンチ Torunēdo Panchi): Same as the Tiga Power Punch.
- Tornado Kick (トルネードキック Torunēdo Kikku): Hits the opponent in the abdomen with the knee, there is also an axe and jump kick version.
Tiga Blast (ティガブラスト Tiga Burasuto) is a form that Tiga Tornado changed into after absorbing Hudra's Hugust. It has the same abilities as Sky Type, despite resembling Multi Type.
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 7
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 1.5
- Maximum Underwater Speed: Mach 1
- Maximum Underground Speed: Mach 1
- Maximum Jumping Height: 900 m
- Grip Strength: 25,000 t
- Super Speed: Due to absorbing Hudra's power, Tiga Blast has the same power as Sky Type.
- Attack Absorption: If Tiga Blast is hit with dark light energy, he can convert it into pure light energy, and rid himself of some of the darkness inside him, which was how he became Ultraman Tiga.
- Ranbalt Light Bullet (ランバルト光弾 Ranbaruto Kōdan): Tiga Blast had the same signature finisher as Sky Type, where Tiga unleashes a powerful blue energy arrow from his right hand.
- Blast Kick (ブラストキック Burasuto Kikku): Same as the Tiga Sky Kick.
- Sky Chop (スカイチョップ Sukai Choppu): Same as the Tiga Sky Chop.
- Zeperion Beam (ゼペリオン光線 Zeperion Kōsen): Ultraman Tiga's signature finishing skill that is used against most monsters. Tiga charges energy in his arms before unleashing an L-style beam. It is also called the Zeperion Ray by some sources. In newer media, the Zeperion Beam has a blue light to it. On the official English site, it has also been referred to as the Zeppelion Beam.
- A non-charged variant can also be fired where Tiga uses the same actions he uses to charge the Zeperion Beam but without making the V-shaped arm cross formation, or even without needing to charge in some instances. One of the examples was shown against Galra. It is less powerful than the standard Zeperion Beam.
- There is also a modified version of the Zeperion Beam whereby Tiga charges his hands and places it at his protectors before firing the ray. Used on Evil Tiga to revert him back to Keigo Masaki.
- Powered-Up Zeperion Beam: A stronger version of the Zeperion Beam, performed in Crossover Formation.
- Hand Slash (ハンドスラッシュ Hando Surasshu): An energy blast fired from his hand. Just a standard energy blast, performed by cupping one hand to his side, and using the other to toss the energy, like a disc, or a slash from his head.
- Ultra Growth: Tiga can change his size at will with his maximum height being from 53 meters. Tiga can also become human sized even after Daigo transforms into Tiga. Revealed in episode 13.
- Tiga Teleportation (ティガテレポーテーション Tiga Terepōtēshon): Tiga is able to teleport anything he wants to anyplace he wants. This move uses an amount of energy depending on what he teleports and where.
- Tiga Barrier (ティガバリア Tiga Baria): Tiga can create a powerful barrier with his both palms extended outward. This can stop any energy based attacks.
- Tiga Pitfall: Tiga can quickly gather energy into his right fist and blast it at the ground underneath foes, creating a pit that his enemies will fall into exploding only seconds later. However, this reverts any Type back to Multi Type.
- Extraordinary Jumper: Tiga can leap to great heights and distances.
- Type Change (タイプチェンジ Taipu Chenji): Tiga can switch between any of his three other Type: Multi, Power, and Sky.
New Century Ultraman Legend
New Century 2003 Ultraman Legend: THE KING'S JUBILEE
Ultraman Hit Song History: New Hero Chapter
"Believe in yourself, Zero!"
- ―Ultraman Tiga, along with Dyna and Gaia, supporting Zero
- Ultraman Tiga is the first Ultra to have the ability to change forms, something that became common with most Ultras after him.
- Ultraman Tiga's form colors are said to be based on the wavelengths and strengths of the visible spectrum of light, from the weak ultraviolet to the strong infrared.
- In episode 1, the Tiga Crystal lights up with the type change's color before Tiga places his hands over it.
- The crystal on Tiga's forehead was meant to reflect the sunlight during lighting effects.
- Tiga was originally intended to use his Protectors and Tiga Slicer as a boomerang just like Ultraseven's Eye Slugger. However, it was scrapped for unknown reasons.
- Ultraman Tiga has more than three versions of his transformation scene, which makes him the second Ultra who has more than one sequence. The first one is Ultraman 80.
- Ultraman Tiga is the first Ultra to never speak physically beyond grunts; his speaking has been done by his human hosts.
- Tiga was meant to have a total of four companions instead of two; it was originally planned that there were to be five statues in the pyramid instead of three. When two of them were crushed by Golza and Melba, the other two would fuse with Tiga to provide him with the Type Change powers. Had this plan went on in the series, the story of Tiga stealing the Dark Giants' powers would never have come about.
- Ultraman Tiga was originally proposed to be called Mountain Gulliver by Munakata but was rejected by the GUTS members due to them thinking the name was stupid. The name was later used for Mountain Gulliver 5 in Ultraman Dyna.
- Tiga Dark, Tiga Tornado, and Tiga Blast were meant to have different mask designs, separated from Tiga's Type Change forms but because of time constraints, they were forced to scrap these and have them recolored from the original costume designs.
- The name Tiga in both Malaysian and Indonesian languages, means the number three, possibly to reference the three forms of this Ultra.
- In Indonesian subtitles, Ultraman Tiga has been mistakenly written as "Ultraman 3". And in some English translations that are based on Bahasa or Malay, Ultraman Tiga was mistakenly referred to as "Ultraman Three".
- Tiga's Multi Type figure from the 2009 Ultra Hero Series line was mistakenly painted blue and red instead of purple and red.
- Ultraman Tiga's Color Timer sound is a modified of Zearth's.
- Designs based on Tiga's Color Timer were made for Ultraman Cosmos and Ultraman Max's Color Timers.
- Ultraman Tiga is the Malaysians' favorite Ultraman because his name Tiga has a meaning in their language and the colors of his Multi Type correspond with their national flag's colors.
- In Ultraman Tiga: The Final Odyssey trailer and the opening of the movie, where many of Tiga's old battles reappear in the flashback, all of Tiga's grunts were dubbed by Hiroshi Nagano instead using Yuji Machi's - Ultraman Tiga's voice actor in the TV series. This was because Yuji Machi's contract ended and he was replaced by Hiroshi Nagano since this movie until Great Decisive Battle! The Super 8 Ultra Brothers. This gave Tiga's voice a smoother transition between grunts and dialogue.
- This means Ultraman Tiga: The Final Odyssey and Great Decisive Battle! The Super 8 Ultra Brothers are the only times Ultraman Tiga's grunts were voiced by Hiroshi Nagano instead of Yuji Machi.
- However, in some instances in Great Decisive Battle! The Super 8 Ultra Brothers, such as when Tiga flew and chased Alien Hipporit, his grunt was reused by Yuji Machi's. His grunts are the exact same ones used in Ultraman Tiga & Ultraman Dyna: Warriors of the Star of Light.
- Also, during the time Hiroshi Nagano was the voice actor for Ultraman Tiga, all of Tiga's attack sound effects were different from the old series, such as the Zepellion Ray. The sounds when Daigo transforms into Tiga are different too.
- Hiroshi Nagano was meant to voice act for Ultraman Tiga in the movie Ultraman Tiga Gaiden: Revival of the Ancient Giant but due to him being busy at the time, Tiga reused Yuji Machi's low pitched grunts instead.
- In The Final Odyssey, Tiga's grunts and voices were provided by Hiroshi Nagano in conjunction with Daigo's speaking voice but when the movie was featured in episode 8 of New Ultraman Retsuden, Tiga's scene was re-dubbed with Yuji Machi's grunts instead.
- It is a popular fan debate that Tiga is stronger than Dyna, even possibly that Tiga might be Dyna's mentor. It may be possible as the dialogue in The Final Odyssey implies that the original Tiga was at least twice as powerful as what Daigo demonstrated.
- In the original plan of Ultraman Ginga, Tiga Dark was meant to be used by Tomoya's father instead of being a corrupted version of himself.
- Tiga Dark's grunts in Ultraman Ginga are the low pitched versions of Ultraman Tiga's voiced by Yuji Machi - Ultraman Tiga's first voice actor. His grunts are the exact same ones used for Evil Tiga in Ultraman Fighting Evolution 3.
- Chronologically speaking, Tiga is the first evil Ultra to appear in his series. However, he was evil long ago during the time of the ancient civilization long before Evil Tiga. Also, Tiga was then purely evil, rather than Evil Tiga who was good but corrupted by Masaki's impure heart.
- Tiga is also the first Ultra to defect from the side of evil and redeem himself.
- The reason why Glitter Tiga's Glittering Shield only appeared during the form's second appearance is because of the limitations of special effects during the previous and first demonstration of Glitter form on television. It is considered canon that Glitter form is marked by the presence of the Glittering Shield.
- Tiga made an appearance in an Indonesian commercial for carrier network; Bolt ULTRA LTE, where it demonstrated the strength of the network carrier as having similarities to Tiga's form types.
- After the movie Great Decisive Battle! The Super 8 Ultra Brothers, Hiroshi Nagano's contract voicing Tiga ended and Tiga's grunts in later media were stock grunts from Yuji Machi (Ultraman Tiga's first voice actor). However, his grunts are different from the original series, such as when Tiga grunts when he fires Zepellion Ray at his enemies in Ultraman Ginga Theater Special and Ultraman X The Movie: Here He Comes! Our Ultraman.
- In Hiroshi Maruyama's Ultra Design Works featuring concept art and reimaginative artwork of the three Ultras from the TDG Project, an art piece of what is supposedly Ultraman Tiga with elements of Gatanothor included, exists .
- One of the past Ultraman Land stage shows featured a new form of Ultraman Tiga, presumably a blend of light and darkness.