|This article is incompatible with the Visual Editor. Please edit with the source editor instead.|
"I'm you, and you're me! Shout it out, Hiroyuki! Buddy Go!"
- ―Taiga shouting during his first transformation, Buddy Go!
"That's right! I am the son of Taro!! Ultraman Taiga!!!"
- ―Ultraman Taiga, Buddy, Steady, Go!
Ultraman Taiga (ウルトラマンタイガ Urutoraman Taiga) is the titular Ultra Hero of the series Ultraman Taiga and is one of the three Ultra Warriors who merge with Hiroyuki Kudo. He is the son of Ultraman Taro, and debuts along with Ultraman Titas and Ultraman Fuma as the first Ultra Warriors in the Reiwa era. Deep inside, he wishes his father Taro to understand and recognize him, but he cannot admit his true feelings. He has a strong sense of justice and is very enthusiastic. Along with Titas and Fuma, he founded the Tri-Squad. Although he is still young and not skilled, he is dedicated to fighting for peace on Earth. Together with Hiroyuki, he grows to become a true Ultraman.
- 1 Conception
- 2 Personality
- 3 History
- 3.1 Past
- 3.2 Pre-Ultraman Taiga
- 3.3 Ultraman Taiga
- 3.4 Ultraman Taiga The Movie: New Generation Climax
- 3.5 Ultra Galaxy Fight: The Absolute Conspiracy
- 4 Profile
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
Just like how his father Taro has a common Japanese name, Taiga does as well. In-universe, "Taiga" on the Land of Light means "A brave one who embraces the Sun". Contrary to what he believes, he is named after the Taiga Spark instead of the other way around.
Despite being relatively young, Taiga is shown to be very enthusiastic in being an Ultra Warrior and has the expected qualities of one, exhibiting both bravery and kindness. Although he is the youngest and described as the hothead of the Tri-Squad, he is also the leader of the team and cares deeply for his friends.
Being the son of Ultraman Taro, Taiga is almost always only referred to as such instead of himself and thus, he is almost never called by his name by others, except for those close to him such as his friend Filis, which is a source of frustration for Taiga. Other than that, he also has a desire to be acknowledged by his father, which reminds Taro of his youthful self and his relation with his own father, Father of Ultra.
Taiga is not without flaws. He overestimates his ability in combat which could lead to him being impulsive and careless, despite being a highly competent fighter. Taiga also harbors a great hatred towards Tregear for seemingly destroying his friends in the past. This hatred usually makes him lose his temper and become enraged just at the mere sight of Tregear.
Taiga became more reckless during a battle due to the side effect of using the Kaiju Rings, which slowly corrupt his soul. He has since overcome those side effects after his friends saved him from the darkness.
By the end of the series, Taiga accepts himself as Taro's son and can confidently announce that to others, showing that he has overcome his mental complexes as well.
Taiga was one of the top cadets in the Inter Galactic Defense Force, long before he ever met Titas and Fuma. He trained on Planet Maijii (惑星マイジー Wakusei Maijī), a beautiful planet far away, located between a giant sun and a black hole. During his youth, Taiga used to confide in his friend Filis, who acknowledged him as himself, and not just the son of Taro. He would often visit Filis at work, and learned about Ultraman Mebius and his human friends from the stories that Filis told him.
Conflict Against the Gua Army
During his training, Taiga once had a run-in with the Gua Army general, Imbiza, who summoned Mecha Birdon (メカバードン Meka Bādon) and Modified Brocken (改造ブロッケン Kaizō Burokken) to attack him. Taiga had heard of the Gua Army before, from Zoffy. The cyborg Kaiju attacked Taiga, but he was saved by an armored warrior Andro Ares.
Taiga offered Andro Ares his assistance, but was told to stay back. He watched Ares fight off Alien Iyros, Beacon and Zaragas, finishing them off by himself before going to fight Imbiza. However, a Modified Muruchi (改造ムルチ Kaizō Muruchi) attacked Taiga and took him hostage. Imbiza used this situation to force Andro Ares to drop his weapons, and blasted him. Enraged, Taiga attacked Modified Muruchi, but was surprised to see Ares return. He shoots Imbiza in the chest, forcing him to retreat temporarily. Taiga wanted to chase after Imbiza, but Ares told him to stay back again. Suddenly, the space around them cracked like glass and started to fall apart.
Imbiza taunts the two of them before the Monster Battleship Pestria appears from a dimensional distortion. However, Imbiza's master Gua betrays him, making Pestria fire its Black Hole Cannon directly at Imbiza, destroying him. Taiga and Ares are attacked by the ship using its lasers and missiles, so Ares decides to expend his energy to destroy it. His attack fails to destroy Pestria, and he is captured. Taiga resolves to rescue Ares, and dives into the monster ship, despite Ares' protests. Taiga fires his Ultra Beam, destroying the spaceship's computer systems before rescuing Ares. Taiga runs out of energy and is returned to Planet Maiji. He and Ares have a conversation, with the latter telling Taiga that he reminds Ares of himself. Ares leaves through a black hole, saying goodbye to the Hero of Light, a name which Taiga took for himself. Taiga goes back to the Land of Light to report the situation to Zoffy and his father.
At some point in time, presumably after completing his training, Taiga went off to defend a planet from alien invaders by himself, but was eventually overwhelmed. He was saved by Ultraman Mebius and Ultraman Hikari. Hikari lectured Taiga on his recklessness, and Mebius told him to talk to his father, since he sensed that Taiga was repressing certain feelings of his. Going back to the Land of Light, Taro entrusted Taiga with the Taiga Spark, advising him to form bonds with others and explore the worlds around him. Taro then told his son to go to Planet U40.
There, he met Ultraman Titas and Ultraman Joneus, who were being invaded by Zett and a new Zetton Army, seeking to fight strong warriors and defeat them all to become "the strongest life form in the universe". While Joneus fought Zett, he told Titas and Taiga to retrieve the Wise Man's Sword in order to seal Zett away. They individually attempted to do so, but the sword rejected the both of them since the "lights in their heart were weak". The two of them decided to pull the sword out of the stone together, and it worked because they were able to combine their powers. Impaling Zett with the sword, they managed to defeat him. Taiga invites Titas to go on a journey with him, though he was skeptical at first. However, Joneus managed to convince Titas to go along with him so that he may be able to learn something.
Some time later, they later went to Planet O-50. Ultraman Fuma was defending O-50 by himself from the Planet Invasion Union who wanted to destroy the Crusader's Peak to prevent it from creating more Ultra Warriors, but he was almost shot by a sniper. Taiga noticed it and took down the sniper before helping him against the other aliens, who escaped. Due to their hotheadedness, Taiga and Fuma argued when the latter said he could have done all the work by himself. Ultraman Orb then appeared and told Taiga and Titas not to think too bad of Fuma because he was actually a good person. After saving Fuma from aliens yet again, another argument broke out between Taiga and Fuma, and they started fighting. The aliens reappeared, taking the chance to finish them off while they were weakened. Titas lent the both of them some of his energy, and Orb joined the battle against them, managing to defeat the aliens. Fuma was still reluctant to team up with the two of them, until Orb advised him to go. Thus, the Tri-Squad was formed, and the two new members received their own Taiga Sparks as well.
At some time, they went to Planet Dino to fight against a robot army, and were almost sucked into a black hole.
The Tri-Squad went to a jungle planet to fight against the Alien Gazariya (ガザリヤ星人 Gazariya Seijin), who sent their Dinosaur Tamer Dargen (恐竜調教師ダルゲン Kyōryū Chōkyōshi Darugen) and his Dinosaur Army.
Once, the Tri-Squad visited the Remote Planet Rashuwa (辺境の惑星・ラシュア Henkyō no Wakusei Rashua) after fighting a few monsters together. Seeing the winter-like scenery the planet, along with the people living in peace, Taiga proposed that the Tri-Squad should help them celebrate Christmas, which he learned about from his father. Taiga and Titas took on human forms, but Fuma refused to join in because of his beliefs, stating that he had given up his human form for a reason. Taiga and Titas make presents and were about to deliver them, but were attacked by a hornworm-like Kaiju that emerged from the ground in their imago form. They were hesitant to transform and fight as the presents were likely to be destroyed, but they saved by Fuma. Two more of the Kaiju appeared, and they had no choice but to transform and fight. After the battle was over, they were surprised to see a bright light shining upon them, with a real 'Santa Claus' appearing. By the time they were leaving the planet, the three of them saw lights on the surface forming a giant Christmas tree.
Twelve years ago, Taiga and his team, the Tri-Squad, attempted to fight Ultraman Tregear after the other New Generation Heroes had been defeated. As a gift, the New Generation Heroes gave their light to the Tri-Squad, with Taiga receiving the lights of Ultraman Orb, Ultraman Rosso and Ultraman Blu. Taiga, Titas and Fuma ignored Taro's warning not to fight Tregear and attacked him. Despite being able to strike him a few times, their combined strength was not even close to enough to defeat their opponent. Titas and Fuma were reduced to particles, which enraged Taiga. He charged ahead, but soon shared the fate of his comrades, and was turned into particles of light that drifted through space.
Somehow, Taiga's particles descended to Earth. When Hiroyuki Kudo was attacked by an alien while trying to save his pet, Taiga saved the boy and bonded with him as he was falling from the sky, without him finding out until years later.
Battles on Earth
After twelve years, Hiroyuki worked under EGIS. Taiga helped Hiroyuki out during a mission with Alien Rivers Kawazu, talking to the man through telepathy. After Hellberus attacks Young Mother Zandrias and sets the building Hiroyuki was in ablaze, Taiga emerges, allowing him to transform and fight Hellberus and save both the mother and baby Zandrias. After the battle, Taiga appears before Hiroyuki to talk to him.
Back at the EGIS base, Taiga explained to Hiroyuki the circumstances of how he came to dwell in Hiroyuki. While dealing with a King Guesra, who happened to be Hiroyuki's old pet Chibisuke, Tregear appeared and toyed with Taiga by beating and mocking him. Taiga and Chibisuke try to fight Tregear, but they are no match for him. Tregear kills Chibisuke, further enraging Taiga and Hiroyuki. Tregear disappeared after Taiga uses his Flame Blaster.
Taiga, Titas and Fuma are reunited during the battle against Darebolic, and the Tri-Squad continues to protect the Earth along with Hiroyuki and EGIS.
The Earth And the Sun
Night Fang appeared upon being unsealed by Alien Babarue through Ai Tennoji's latent powers. The monster first bested Fuma and then Taiga before taking off towards the city to begin feeding. As soon as it landed, Night Fang emitted sound waves from its third eye, causing everyone in the vicinity to fall asleep and get trapped in nightmares, which Night Fang fed off of. Luckily, Pirika Asahikawa, who was still awake, woke the city up using noise cancelling devices. Hiroyuki Kudo quickly transformed into Taiga, but was still not a match for Night Fang. Seeing this, Ai Tennoji went to aid Taiga by drawing out whatever remained of the Earth's energy within Night Fang, to summon the sword of light that once sealed it away, and granted it to Taiga. The Taiga Key Holder reacted with it and absorbed its energy, transforming Taiga into his new form, Photon-Earth. With the power of the Earth within him, Taiga trounced Night Fang and destroyed it once and for all with the Aurum Strium.
Watching the battle, Kirisaki changed into Ultraman Tregear to test Taiga's new power, but it was still not enough to even injure him. Tregear left shortly afterwards, expecting nothing less of the son of Taro. Returning back to the form of Kirisaki, he draws a tarot card from a deck he was shuffling earlier, revealing the Fool. Photon-Earth's power continued to prove useful against other threats such as Majappa, Alien Nackle Odyssa, and Gymaira.
Taiga's Fall to Darkness
Unbeknownst to Taiga, his soul had been flooded with darkness as a result of using the Kaiju Rings. He started to become more aggressive when fighting his enemies, as seen during his battle against Gigadelos. As Taiga fought against Skull Gomora, he nearly went berserk and demanded that Hiroyuki use the Kaiju Rings. Taiga proceeded to violently maul Skull Gomora, but was shocked at his own actions when the battle was over. Ultraman Tregear then appeared before him once again, and they got into a brief fight.
Still, Taiga wanted more power and forced Hiroyuki to use the Hellberus Ring against his will. Tregear took the chance to release the accumulated darkness within Taiga, gradually turning him into an unresponsive puppet while shutting Hiroyuki, Titas and Fuma out while losing his Taiga Spark in the process. Tregear taunted Taro and claimed Taiga as his partner in the darkness.
After being knocked out by Kirisaki, Hiroyuki sees Taiga in the darkness and tries to bring him back. Tregear suddenly appears and tempts Taiga further down the path of darkness, kicking Hiroyuki out of his soul. In an attempt to find out what was wrong with Hiroyuki, the other members of EGIS used brain wave synchronizing devices to enter his mind. The encouragement from his friends, as well as Titas and Fuma, allowed Hiroyuki to clear the darkness inside Taiga and bring him back to his senses. The Tri-Squad and Hiroyuki were once again reunited.
Having been freed from the dark influence by his friends, the power of bonds between them culminated in a new form for Taiga: Tri-Strium. Using this new power, Taiga easily defeated the two Kaiju Kirisaki summoned; Hellberus and Night Fang. Enraged at the fact that Taiga had overcome the darkness and ruined his plans, Kirisaki transformed into Tregear to fight him. However, Taiga was even stronger now and could fight evenly against Tregear. Taiga drives him away using the Tri-Strium Burst.
Tregear's Final Plan
Defeated by Taiga, Tregear changes his plans and starts targeting Hiroyuki's friends instead. He launches an attack on Pirika and learns of Woola, and plans to bring it to Earth and allow it to destroy the entire planet. As Taiga fights off more threats such as Gorothunder, Demaaga, Pandon and Giestron, Tregear gets closer to fulfilling his goal and eventually accomplishes it by using the drill missile from Alien Ghose' ship to disrupt the Ether in the Earth, turning the plane into a beacon that attracted Woola's attention.
Taiga and the Tri-Squad faced off against Imit-Ultraman Belial, but their battle was interrupted by Tregear, who targeted Imit-Belial for getting in the way. The three of them are unable to defeat Imit-Belial until Ultraman Zero arrived, having heard about aliens using Belial's genetic material for evil deeds. Tregear switched sides and as the battle raged on, Taiga started to get exhausted. Zero lent him his power in the form of the Plasma Zero-let, which he used to defeat Imit-Belial. Just before Zero left, he gave some words to encouragement to Hiroyuki and the Tri-Squad.
As Woola finally arrived on Earth, Kirisaki summoned Galactron MK2 as bait for it to come to the surface. Taiga fought against the robot but was unable to do any significant damage, despite holding his own against the machine. Suddenly, Galactron MK2 was dragged down into the ground, destroyed, and then consumed by Woola, who emerged from underground. Taiga tried to fight it, but he failed, as Woola drained his energy, forcing him to retreat. After Pirika revealed her true nature and disrupted Woola's core, Hiroyuki and the Tri-Squad ran up to the monster to challenge it once more.However, their efforts proved futile as Taiga was defeated once again.
Pirika, now within Woola's core, sympathized with it. EGIS forms an alliance with Maguma and Markind to save Woola and the planet, relying on Taiga to fire his Strium Blaster at the monster as the final step. However, Tregear interfered and fought against the Tri-Squad, obstructing them and their last window of pulling the plan off. Woola tried to help the Tri-Squad after recognizing them as allies, but easily gets shoved aside by Tregear. Tregear made the mistake of firing a dark energy sphere at Taiga, which he redirects to Woola using the Wide Taiga Shot. Woola ate both attacks and its body is destroyed, while its core floated upwards and dissipated into a glittering light that spread across the Earth, simultaneously redeeming and ending the once world-threatening Kaiju.
"This light...is warm...."
"That would have been impossible only with my own power. It was the power of light from both of us Ultramen that saved that monster's heart. No matter how much you deny it...you are an Ultraman; something that exists to protect the light! Weren't you my father's friend who left the Land of Light? You can become a guardian of light once more!"
"How many times do I have to tell you? This world has neither light nor darkness!"
- ―Taiga's attempt at redeeming Tregear
Taiga attempted to convince Tregear to return to the path of light, but he finds those claims rubbish and attacks Taiga, forcing him to fight back. Taiga changed to Tri-Strium, which reminds Tregear of Taro. Taiga, Titas, Fuma and Hiroyuki put their powers together to fire the Quattro Squad Blaster, but Tregear made no attempt to defend himself and laughed maniacally as he is defeated.
Ultraman Taiga The Movie: New Generation Climax
After spending their time on Earth, the Tri-Squad's original bodies were fully repaired, allowing them to separate from Hiroyuki when the time was right. Taiga, Titas and Fuma fought against a Dada's customized Legionoid, after the alien's attempt to steal the Blue Stone of Baradhi was foiled by the EGIS members. Taiga used the Taiga Dynamite Shoot to destroy the robot.
Soon, Hiroyuki transformed into Taiga again when Grimdo landed on the Earth, struggling against it even with Ultraman Rosso and Ultraman Blu with him, though he was saved by the sudden appearance of his father, Ultraman Taro, who used the Ultra Dynamite on Grimdo. Now possessed by Grimdo, Taro defeated the three Ultras, putting Taiga under distress. He is comforted by Hiroyuki and Riku Asakura, who told him that his father is Ultraman Belial and how he struggled to fight him.
On the way to confronting Kirisaki/Tregear, Taiga, Titas and Fuma suddenly appear and inform Hiroyuki that he no longer had to fight, since their bodies were repaired and could separate from him. Hiroyuki retorted by stating that they were a team and had to face their final battle together, touching Taiga's feelings. Taiga, Titas, Fuma and the New Generation Heroes face off against Taro, Tregear, and the monsters he summoned, with the Tri-Squad taking on Tregear before getting interrupted by Taro. The Tri-Squad fuse into Tri-Strium and clashed with Taro head-on with the Ultra Dynamite, attempting to force out Grimdo's darkness from within. Believing in their bonds, they succeeded at driving out Grimdo from Taro's body. Tregear offered himself to Grimdo, allowing it to devour him and reach its perfect form, and cover the Earth with its mass of chaos.
After a futile attempt at fighting Grimdo, even with their greatest powers, the New Generation Heroes fused into Ultraman Reiga via Taiga's Ultra Horns, and managed to defeat Grimdo and Tregear along with it. The Tri-Squad and Taro thank Hiroyuki and EGIS before departing to space.
Ultra Galaxy Fight: The Absolute Conspiracy
The Tri-Squad were training on Planet Maijii, due to its optimal gravitational pull for muscle development, when Zett appeared before them. Taiga and Titas recounted their previous encounter with demon on Planet U40. The alternate version of Zett spawned an army of Zetton to take on the team. Taiga fought against the two normal Zettons, with his Hand Beam being no match for the Kaijus' defenses. With the three warriors struggling, they were aided by Andro Melos and Ultraman Ribut. Together, they managed to defeat the Zetton Army while Taiga went to face Zett, forcing him to retreat after firing the Aurum Strium at him. Receiving a message from Taro, they all went to the Land of Light to regroup, where Ribut briefed the three of them on the situation with Absolute Tartarus. Taro advised the Tri-Squad that they would soon have to help Zero on the front lines to deal with Tartarus, and Taiga went to train with his senior, Mebius. While looking for him, Taiga also met with Ultraman Z. Mebius and Taiga talked about the bond between Ultras, such as Seven, Leo and Zero's master and student relationship and compared it to their own with Taro, while watching Z practice.
Yullian and Ultraman 80 had crash landed on Planet Ebil on the way to a Galactic Federation Peace Conference on Planet Kanon and were soon attacked by Zett and his Zetton army. They sent a distress signal to the Land of Light. Responding to the message, Taiga, Mebius and Z immediately left the Land of Light and arrived on Planet Ebil to assist them. They were later joined by Ultraman Zero, Ultraman Joneus, Ultraman Titas, Ultraman Fuma, Ultrawoman Grigio, Ultraman Ribut and Andro Melos, and they all fought the Zetton army together. After fusing into Tri-Strium, Taiga handled Zett in place of 80 and Mebius, attacking him with a barrage of finishers while being helped by Ultraman Z, who fired the Zestium Beam at Zett just after Taiga had impaled him with the Taiga Blast Attack. In desperation, Zett treid to regenerate his Zetton army once more, but they were promptly finished off by Taiga Tri-Strium's new move, Rainbow Strium Burst.
Soon after defeating Ultimate Shining Zero in Narak, Absolute Tartarus appeared, taking Yullian hostage and informing the heroes of his true motives before getting Belial and Tregear to fire their beams at them all. The group also received word from Ultraman Hikari that Genegarg had stolen a Z Riser and Ultra Medals from the Land of Light, causing Z to fly off in a hurry while Zero followed him. The Ultra League and the Tri-Squad prepare to recruit more heroes for the upcoming fight against The Kingdom.
- Ultra Armor: Standard Ultra Armor, which is resistant to fire and lasers. However, like most Ultras from M78, it is weak to the cold. When assuming Photon-Earth, it switches to a black and silver color scheme.
- Ultra Horns (ウルトラホーン Urutora Hōn): Inherited from his father, Taiga has horns on the sides of his head. They change to gold in Photon-Earth and red in Tri-Strium. Like his father's, they can take in the energy of other Ultras.
- Protectors (プロテクター Purotekutā): Taiga has a blue-colored Protector on his chest. In his other forms, they appear on other parts of his body, and change to gold in Photon-Earth form.
- Color Timer (カラータイマー Karā Taimā)
- Beam Lamp (ビームランプ Bīmu Ranpu): Taiga possesses a blue Beam Lamp on his forehead.
- Taiga Spark (タイガスパーク Taiga Supāku): A multi-purpose item that allows Taiga to perform various techniques and abilities. It was granted to him by Ultraman Taro.
"Hero of Light, Taiga!"
- ―Pre-transformation call
Hiroyuki slides down the Taiga Spark's Ignition Lever to activate it, takes the Taiga Key Holder and scans it, then raises his hand while shouting his transformation call.
"Let's go, Taiga!"
- ―Pre-transformation call
"Wield the power of brilliance!"
- ―Pre-transformation call
Hiroyuki slides down the Taiga Spark's Ignition Lever to activate it, takes the Taiga Photon-Earth Key Holder and scans it, then raises his hand while shouting his transformation call.
"Burning up! Together with my friends!"
- ―Pre-transformation call
The first time Hiroyuki transforms, he scans the Tri-Squad-let to summon the Taiga Tri Blade. He then spins the wheel on its body and presses on the trigger to transform.
In subsequent transformations, he simply summons the Taiga Tri Blade without having to scan the Tri-Squad-let.
- Weight: 40,000 t
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 10
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 2.4
- Maximum Underwater Speed: 150 knots
- Maximum Underground Speed: Mach 1.5
- Maximum Jumping Height: 800 m
- Arm Strength: 60,000 t
- Grip Strength: 45,000 t
- Travel Sphere: Like other Ultras, Taiga can turn into a ball of light energy to travel long distances.
- Taiga Wall (タイガウォール Taiga Uōru): Taiga erects a rectangular barrier of light in front of him.
- Barrier Sphere: Taiga can encase a small creature in an energy sphere to protect it from harm such as a fall.
- Holographic Projection: Taiga can create a projection of his body. It is able to physically interact with other objects.
- Strium Blaster (ストリウムブラスター Sutoriumu Burasutā): Taiga's signature Ultra Beam, this attack is similar to his father's "T" style Strium Beam, but with mirrored arm position. It is fired from the Taiga Spark.
- Swallow Bullet (スワローバレット Suwarō Baretto): Energy bullets fired from his hands in a left-handed "+". When under dark influence, it mixes with dark bolts.
- Energy Arrow: Arrow-shaped energy bolts shot from Taiga's right hand.
- Taiga Slash (タイガスラッシュ Taiga Surasshu Unused): Taiga releases an energy bullet from his fingertips.
- Taiga Splasher (タイガスプラッシャー Taiga Supurasshā): Taiga fires many energy projectiles to counter incoming projectile attacks.
- Hand Beam (ハンドビーム Hando Bīmu): Taiga rapidly fires red energy arrows from his hands, nearly identical to the same technique used by his father.
- Taiga Light Ring (タイガ光輪 Taiga Kōrin): Taiga summons a buzzsaw-like energy wheel from his hand.
- Via Bracelet Type Ultra Taiga Accessories
- Supreme Blaster (スプリームブラスター Supurīmu Burasutā): After scanning the Orb-let, Taiga's Strium Blaster is enhanced in light energy, increasing its destructive power.
- Flame Blaster (フレイムブラスター Fureimu Burasutā): After scanning the Rosso-let, Taiga's Strium Blaster is enhanced in flame energy.
- Aqua Blaster (アクアブラスター Akua Burasuta): After scanning the Blu-let, Taiga's Strium Blaster is enhanced in water energy. It can be used to put out fires by adjusting its power output.
- Ultra V Barrier: Taiga can cross his arms to block attacks.
- Flaming Kick: A kick attack where his foot is wrapped in flames.
- Taiga Kick (タイガキック Taiga Kikku): A jumping kick attack similar to his father's Swallow Kick.
- Taiga Blow (タイガブロー Taiga Burō): Like Taro, Taiga is able to rapidly punch an opponent, stunning them in place.
- Taiga Swing (タイガスウィング Taiga Suwingu): A throwing technique.
- Taiga Chop (タイガチョップ Taiga Choppu): A chop attack capable of splitting a fireball in half in midair.
- Wiseman's Sword (ワイズマンズソード Waizumanzu Sōdo): The legendary sword of Planet U40 in the stone. Taiga aids Titas to pull the sword from the stone and then borrows it to take down Zett. This was only used in Ultra Heroes EXPO THE LIVE.
"Wield the power of brilliance!"
- ―Pre-transformation call
Photon-Earth (フォトンアース Foton Āsu) is Taiga's armored power-up form, in which he becomes the Hero of Land and Sky (大地天空の勇者 Daichi Tenkū no Yūsha). This power was granted to him through Ai Tennoji's psychic abilities, which drew out the ancient energy of the Earth that combines with Taiga's power of light, and is accessed through the use of the Taiga Photon-Earth Key Holder. Taiga's strength and resilience are increased at a slight trade-off for speed and mobility. This form makes its debut in episode 8.
- Weight: 55,000 t
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 8
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 1.5
- Maximum Underwater Speed: 130 knots
- Maximum Underground Speed: Mach 0.8
- Maximum Jumping Height: 600 m
- Arm Strength: 100,000 t
- Grip Strength: 70,000 t
- Aurum Strium (オーラムストリウム Ōramu Sutoriumu): Taiga's enhanced finisher beam, where he summons a golden aurora to charge up and fire a golden beam from the Taiga Spark. It is far more powerful than the Strium Blaster, as this beam was able to finish off Night Fang while an enhanced version of the prior, Aqua Blaster, failed to do any substantial damage to it. Aurum is Latin for "Gold".
- Upon being enhanced by absorbing water from the ocean of Planet Sarasa, which Maria unleashed, the beam turns blue and is powerful enough to cut Gymaira in half on contact.
- Ultra Freezer (ウルトラフリーザー Urutora Furīza): Taiga fires a wave of energy from his hand to freeze targets. This can be used on drops of water to freeze them into shards of ice which then fly towards the opponent to damage them.
- Swallow Bullet (スワローバレット Suwarō Baretto): A golden version of the Swallow Bullet.
- Energy Punch: A powerful punch infused with golden energy.
- Deflection: Taiga deflects incoming projectiles using a sparkling golden light from his hand.
- Photon-Earth Kick (フォトンアースキック Foton Āsu Kikku): A powerful jumping drop kick, done with two feet.
- Photon-Earth Driver (フォトンアースドライバー Foton Āsu Doraibā): Taiga grabs the opponent upside down and jumps up, slamming them head first into the ground.
- Photon-Earth Blow (フォトンアースブロー Foton Āsu Burō): Like Taro, Taiga is able to rapidly punch an opponent, stunning them in place.
- Photon-Earth Chop (フォトンアースチョップ Foton Āsu Choppu): A powerful chop, capable of breaking Skull Gomora's horn.
"Taiga Tri-Blade! Let's heat up together! Buddy Go!!"
- ―Pre-transformation call
Tri-Strium (トライストリウム Torai Sutoriumu) is Taiga's fusion power-up form, accessed through the use of the Taiga Tri Blade, in which he becomes the Hero of Bonds (絆の勇者 Kizuna no Yūsha). Taiga, Titas, Fuma and Hiroyuki become one to grant Taiga a boost in all his stats. This form debuts in episode 16.
The Tri-Squad can also fuse into Tri-Strium without Hiroyuki by remembering the bond that they had with their friends on Earth.
- Weight: 50,000 t
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 15
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 5
- Maximum Underwater Speed: 300 knots
- Maximum Underground Speed: Mach 3
- Maximum Jumping Height: 1,500 m
- Arm Strength: 100,000 t
- Grip Strength: 80,000 t
- Titas' Strength and Fuma's Speed: Taiga Tri-Strium can make use of Titas' strength or Fuma's speed, the former signified by Titas' battle cries and the latter by blue lines appearing briefly when Taiga moves.
- Teleportation: Taiga disappears in a cyclone, and then reappears in the same spot a moment later.
- Energy Absorption: Taiga can use his horns to receive the energy of other Ultras. When the New Generation Heroes grant him their energy, they fuse into Ultraman Reiga, like how the Ultra Brothers can fuse into Super Ultraman Taro.
- Taiga Tri Blade (タイガトライブレード Taiga Torai Burēdo): A sword with a flame motif; it allows Taiga to access several finishers.
- Fireball: In Ultraman Fusion Fight!, Taiga can blast fireball projectiles from the tip of the Taiga Tri Blade.
- Deflection: The Taiga Tri Blade is able to deflect projectiles fired at Taiga.
- Slash Combo: Taiga delivers several energy slashes with the Tri Blade, making a cross-shaped mark before stabbing the blade into its center, blasting through and past the opponent. It's powerful enough to instantly destroy Night Fang, who Taiga had struggled with the durability of before.
- Burning Spin Charge (バーニングスピンチャージ Bāningu Supin Chāji): Taiga jumps up and rotates his whole body with the Taiga Tri Blade in front of him, becoming a flaming drill that can even break through the Zetton Barrier.
- Taiga Blast Attack (タイガブラストアタック Taiga Burasuto Attakku): By pressing the Ignition Switch one time and spin the Burning Wheel, Taiga's whole body is coated in fire. He dashes forward, impaling the enemy before exploding.
- Titas Burning Hammer (タイタスバーニングハンマー Taitasu Bāningu Hanmā): By pressing the Ignition Switch two times, and spin the Burning Wheel, using Titas' power, the Taiga Tri Blade's tip emits a sphere of yellow fire which Taiga swings at the opponent.
- Fuma Flame Slash (風真烈火斬 Fūma Rekka-zan): By pressing the Ignition Switch three times and spin the Burning Wheel, using Fuma's power, the Taiga Tri-Blade forms a giant wheel of blue fire that cuts through enemies.
- Tri-Strium Burst (トライストリウムバースト Torai Sutoriumu Bāsuto): By pressing the Ignition Switch four times and spin the Burning Wheel, a blast of multi-colored flames from the tip of the sword, powerful enough to overwhelm Ultraman Tregear's beam and defeat him.
- Quattro Squad Blaster (クワトロスクワットブラスター Kuwatoro Sukuwaddo Burasutā): Pressing the Ignition Switch for a long time and spin the Burning Wheel; Hiroyuki, Taiga, Titas, and Fuma combine their powers to unleash an extremely powerful beam from the tip of the Taiga Tri-Blade. This move cannot be used without Hiroyuki present in the fusion.
- Rainbow Strium Burst (レインボーストリウムバースト Reinbō Sutoriumu Bāsuto): Taiga coats himself in a golden aura and fires an energy arc at the opponents.
- Ultra Dynamite (ウルトラダイナマイト Urutora Dainamaito): Taiga coats himself in flames before rushing towards an enemy, detonating on contact.
- Via Ring Type Ultra Taiga Accessories
- Hell Slash (ヘルスラッシュ Heru Surasshu): After scanning the Hellberus Ring, Taiga unleashes two red crescent-shaped energy arcs.
- Mons Beam Ray (モンスビームレイ Monsu Bīmu Rei): After scanning the Galactron Ring, Taiga shoots Galactron MK2's Galactron Geweer from his hand.
- Seger Flame (セゲルフレイム Segeru Fureimu): After scanning the Segmeger Ring, Taiga fires Segmeger's poisonous flame from his palms.
- Fang Wave (ファングウェイブ Fangu Ueibu): After scanning the Night Fang Ring, Taiga sends a barrage of sound waves to blast the opponent.
- Delos Illusion (デロスイリュージョン Derosu Iryūjyon): After scanning the Gigadelos Ring, Taiga produces two clones of himself.
- Thunder Spark (サンダースパーク Sanda Supāku): After scanning the Gorothunder Ring, Taiga generates electricity from his Ultra Horns and charges his arms before launching a fiery electrical beam.
- Via Plasma Zero-let
- Taiga Emerium Blaster (タイガエメリウムブラスター Taiga Emeriumu Burasutā): Taiga fires a blue laser from his forehead, similar to Zero's Emerium Slash.
- Wide Taiga Shot (ワイドタイガショット Waido Taiga Shotto): An "L" style beam similar to Ultraman Zero's Wide Zero Shot.
- Taiga Dynamite Shoot (タイガダイナマイトシュート Taiga Dainamaito Shūto): Taiga fires a rainbow-colored beam from his whole body. It combines the Ultra Dynamite with the Zero Twin Shoot, creating an extremely powerful finisher.
- Taiga's gloves and boots were designed to resemble the Showa Ultras, who originally had gloves and boots that were not sewn into the suit itself. His face was also designed to look "young", though the shape of the horns was given more emphasis than their size, contrasting with the previously-established fact that younger Ultras had smaller Ultra Horns.
- Taiga is the first New Generation Ultra Warrior since Ginga not to feature any black markings in his default form.
- According to Taiga's main director, Ryuichi Ichino, the Ultra's age is equivalent to that of a young man in his third year of junior high school or a freshman in senior high school.
- Taiga is the only member of the Tri-Squad to have his default rise scene completely done in CGI.
- The tarot card the Fool, as drawn by Kirisaki, carries several meanings and interpretations within the context, both positive and negative.
- The card is numbered 0 of the 22 Major Arcana cards, which is the number of infinite potentials.
- Overall, the Fool depicts someone who is innocent and has a lot to learn, and that he would have to face many upcoming challenges which are ever-present, but the Fool instead looks up and focuses on his journey. Along with the Fool is a small dog, which represents loyalty and protection, which may be an allusion to Taiga's friends.
- When drawn, the card is upright, which represents beginnings, innocence, spontaneity, and a free spirit, much like Taiga himself. On the contrary, if the card were to be drawn upside down, it represents someone who is holding back, recklessness, and risk-taking.
- Tregear/Kirisaki is simply calling Taiga a fool.
- Taiga was once taught by Ultraman 80.
- According to scrapped concept art:
- Taiga's base form was mostly red in color, much like Taro. Golden protectors were also considered instead of the current blue color. These concepts were later recycled into Ultraman Reiga's design.
- Supreme Blaster's effects were going to be much more extravagant, being larger, multicolored, and tearing up the ground underneath it.
- Aurum Strium was to fire golden swords along with the beam.
- Titas Burning Hammer is confirmed to be based on the RX-78-2 Gundam's Hyper Hammer weapon.
- File:Planet Maijii Ref.jpg