Ultraman Story (ウルトラマン
The film centers around Ultraman Taro growing up, and wanting to join the Ultra Brothers in battle. His family, however, thinks he is too young. Taro eventually proves himself after saving the 5 Ultra Brothers from the evil Grand King, created by Juda.
The films opens with young Taro training, trying to hit moving targets with his Taro Shot. Meanwhile, on a faraway planet, Zoffy battles Tyrant. Later Antlar awakens in Baraji. Ultraman arrives to battle him. Even later, Alien Borg attacks, and Ultraseven battles him in stock footage glory. The Kaiju are defeated, while Taro continues to train. While training, he runs into Dokkun. The two of them come to a scuffle and the Kaiju runs the Ultra up a cliff. Mother of Ultra soon arrives and puts a stop to the fight.
Father of Ultra arrives and the two explain to Taro that not all monsters are bad, and shows Taro stock footage of Eleking vs. Miclas. They take him into space and give him inspirational speeches. Taro later trains more and grows, battling flying saucers in space. He lets his guard down and talks with Father of Ultra while Jack battles Twin Tail and Gudon in more stock footage.
Father of Ultra tells Taro he must take his training more seriously before departing. He flies up with Mother of Ultra watching him. She and Father of Ultra talk about Taro as he trains. When Taro gets back he watches the story of Ultraseven. He then practices Ultra Psychokinesis. Father of Ultra arrives and explains to him how to use the skill which he completes successfully. The two then watch the story of Ultraman Jack and the other Ultra Brothers while he continues the training.
While training out in space, Taro gets an Ultra Sign. He goes to Father of Ultra, who tells him it is time for him to go to Earth. Then they watch Alien Mefilas vs Ultraman, and how Mefilas said he'd return to Earth. Eleking awakens, controlled by the alien. Taro flies to earth in his travel sphere and defeats the kaiju. The next day he defeats Mefilas as well.
However, his training is not over; he must also learn Leo and 80's techniques. He then takes a sleep in a light shower and has a strange dream, in which a monster threatens him. Father of Ultra is disturbed by this, and tells him to begin his final training: absorbing dad's energy beam. If he can, he will become a Super Ultra. Meanwhile, on Earth, 80 was battling Baltan. When the Baltan is destroyed, it calls out "Juda!"
Father of Ultra and Taro are still training when they get 80's Ultra Sign. Juda has returned. Father of Ultra reveals he fought Juda 50,000 years ago, and that he was born from the distortions of space. In order to defeat him Father had to undistort the distortions. He says that the only reason he had enough energy for that was because of the training of his dad.
Juda revives and sends Alien Hipporito to Earth. Ace engages him but is turned to stone. Seven, Ultraman, Zoffy and Jack arrive, but are also turned to stone. Taro manages to absorb Father of Ultra's beam. Mother of Ultra brings news of the Ultra Brothers' fate to him, and he leaves to Earth, telling Taro he still has some training to do. He sacrifices himself to revive Ace, who destroys Hipporito and revives his brothers. They take Father back to space.
Taro manages to absorb Mother of Ultra's beam. Juda awakens and sends out Enmargo, and Taro goes to fight him. While Taro is battling the kaiju, Juda summons Grand King. The Ultras see him coming and lure him to another planet. While the Ultra Brothers are completely decimated by Grand King, Father of Ultra awakens and says Taro is the only one able to defeat it.
Mother of Ultra tells Taro this and he defeats Enmargo before he flies to the aid of his brothers. Mother of Ultra then tells them they must channel their energy into Taro's horns. They do so evolve Taro into a Super Ultra. In this form he easily defeats the monster but Juda vanishes. Taro and the fellow Ultra Brothers return back to the Land of Light where Father of Ultra has recovered.
The first segment of this movie takes place before Ultraman. It is implied that the second part of this movie takes place around the time of Alien Hipporito's invasion during Ultraman Ace. However, a continuity error occurs when footage of Ultraman Leo and Ultraman 80 are shown, because they take place after Ultraman Taro.
- Ultraman Taro
- Mother of Ultra
- Father of Ultra
- Ultraman Jack
- Ultraman Ace
- Ultraman 80 (Stock Footage)
- Ultraman Leo (Stock Footage)
- Tyrant (Stock Footage)
- Antlar (Stock Footage)
- Alien Borg (Stock Footage)
- Miclas (Stock Footage)
- Eleking (Stock Footage)
- Zemistlar (Stock Footage)
- Alien Icarus (Stock Footage)
- Kingsaurus III (Stock Footage)
- Twin Tail (Stock Footage)
- Gudon (Stock Footage)
- Takkong (Stock Footage)
- Re-Eleking (Stock Footage)
- Alien Mefilas (Stock Footage)
- Giant Yapool (Stock Footage)
- Silver Bloome (Stock Footage)
- Red King (Stock Footage)
- Alien Baltan V (Stock Footage)
- Alien Hipporito (Stock Footage)
- Enmargo (Stock Footage)
- Grand King
- Tarō Ishida (石田太郎, Ishida Tarō): Father of Ultra
- Masako Ikeda (池田昌子, Ikeda Masako): Mother of Ultra
- Hiroya Ishimaru (石丸博也 Ishimaru Hiroya): Ultraman Taro
- Masako Nozawa (野沢雅子 Nozawa Masako): Taro (child)
- Yoshio Kaneuchi (金内吉男 Kaneuchi Yoshio): Narrator
- The main title music in this movie was reused from "The Adventures of Ultraman"'s title sequence, composed by Mark McKinniss.
- This is the last Ultraman production until the movie Ultraman: The Adventure Begins which its Japanese release was the first Heisei Ultra production.
- Since this movie, Taro was voiced by Hiroya Ishimaru succeeding Saburo Shinoda.
- The poster of the movie was featured in episode 24 of Ultraman Max.
- This movie has been shown in some Tokusatsu film festivals in 1984 with the Super Sentai movie, Bioman.
- During Ultraman Jack's pinch in his battle with Twin Tail after Gudon's appearance, his blinking Color Timer reverts back into blue after he takes on Gudon.
- Likewise, both of Twin Tail's eyes are blinded as he rushes to Gudon.