"The light of the galaxy calls me too! My name is Ultraman Orb Dark... Noir Black Schwarz!"
- ―Ultraman Orb Dark introducing himself
Ultraman Orb Dark (ウルトラマンオーブダーク Urutoraman Ōbu Dāku) is a dark version of Ultraman Orb, appearing in the series Ultraman R/B. While simply called Orb Dark in most cases, Cereza gives it the name Ultraman Orb Dark Noir Black Schwarz (ウルトラマンオーブダークノワールブラックシュバルツ Urutoraman Ōbu Dāku Nowāru Burakku Shubarutsu).
- Jet Black Ultraman (漆黒のウルトラマン Shikkoku no Urutoraman)
- Jet Black Giant (漆黒の巨人 Shikkoku no Kyojin)
- Black Superbeing (黒い超人 Kuroi Chōjin)
"What's so dangerous about him? His name is way too long! You see, Noir is French, Black is English, and Schwarz is German. If translated, all of them mean black! That means, his name is literally Ultraman Orb Dark Black Black Black! He's just repeating the same words all over again! What is he, an idiot?"
- ―Isami during the intro of episode 9.
The latter part of his full name can be summed as:
- Noir (ノワール Nowāru): The French word for black.
- Black (ブラック Burakku): Clearly the color black in English.
- Schwarz (シュバルツ Shubarutsu): The German word for black.
Thus making the fact that the latter three words of his name are simply indications to his body color. It should also be noted that these three words were given by Makoto/Cereza.
Makoto Aizen recruited several people to unlock the Orb Origin Crystal and after achieving that, he obtained the Orb Ring NEO.
He first demonstrated the power of Ultraman Orb Dark on Ultramen Rosso and Blu after chastising them for not living up to the standards of "actual" Ultramen, giving both of them a senseless defeat before sparing them. Ironically, he would use this newfound alter-ego to perform various heroic deeds (all of which were staged) in hopes of garnering popularity from the townspeople. Rosso and Blu later challenge him for a return match, this time calling out on his hypocrisy for being a glory seeker, and they turn the tides with the Victory Crystal and their training. Orb Dark suffered his first defeat.
Later, Orb Dark returned to fight against Horoboros, showing off his abilities to the public. Via a cheap move, he put Horoboros to sleep when he was starting to get pinned down and finished it off with the Dark Origium Beam, impressing the public. Later, Orb Dark tries to fight Bezelb but was shown up by Rosso and Blu, who steal the kill. Infuriated, Orb Dark tries to attack the two Ultras instead but was interrupted by the return of Horoboros, who evolved into its Bipedal form. Horoboros easily finished off Orb Dark, and Makoto lost the Orb Ring NEO.
With the loss of his transformation item, and Cereza being separated from Makoto, Ultraman Orb Dark is no more.
"Ultraman Orb Dark!"
- ―Orb Ring NEO transformation announcement.
Being a copy of Ultraman Orb, he has very similar stats, though he is slightly weaker in all aspects.
- Height: 50 m
- Weight: 50,000 t
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 8.4
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 2.9
- Maximum Underwater Speed: Mach 2.4
- Maximum Underground Speed: Mach 2.4
- Maximum Jumping Height: 790 m
- Arm Strength: 86,000 t
- Grip Strength: 66,000 t
- Eyes: Orb Dark has dark red eyes instead of the normal light blue, matching his evil nature.
- Color Timer (カラータイマー Karā Taimā): Orb Dark possesses an "O" shaped Color Timer. It will blink when Orb Dark has been severely weakened.
- Ultra Armor: Orb Dark has the standard Ultra Armor, being resistant to fire and lasers. His Ultra Armor is all black.
- Forehead Crystal: Orb Dark has a red crystal on his forehead.
- Protectors: Orb Dark has four metallic pieces on his chest.
"Let me borrow the power of bonds!"
- ―Activation announcement for Orb Dark
Makoto inserts the Orb Origin Crystal into the AZ Gyro and pulls the side handles thrice. The Orb Ring NEO appears above the Gyro and is switched into the Orb Dark Mode.
Makoto presses the center button, spinning the Orb Ring NEO in a similar manner to the Orb Slasher before raising it mid-air. Two giant Orb Ring NEOs appear at his sides before another appears before him a la Fusion Up sequences. Dark rainbow background begins to burst as Ultraman Orb Dark rises, initially making a heart-shaped hand gesture before clenching his right hand forward as he closely approaching the screen. If he already has the Orb Ring NEO on hand, he doesn't need to summon it via the Orb Origin Crystal.
- Orb Dark Calibur (オーブダークカリバー Ōbu Dāku Karibā): Orb Dark's personal weapon. It is similar to the original Orb Calibur, but has black colorings on it.
- Energy Bullet: As his side attack in Ultraman Fusion Fight!, Orb Dark can swing energy bullets from the Orb Dark Calibur.
- Calibur Slasher (カリバースラッシャー Karibā Surasshā): The Orb Dark Calibur can release an energy ring to strike the enemy.
- Elemental Powers: Like its template, the Orb Dark Calibur can manipulate the power of four similar yet different elements: Flame, Ice, Rock and Storm.
- Orb Dark Excellent Calibur (オーブダークエクセレントカリバー Ōbu Dāku Ekuserento Karibā Unused): The Orb Dark Calibur's equivalent to the Orb Supreme Calibur.
- Orb Dark Inferno Calibur (オーブダークインフェルノカリバー Ōbu Dāku Inferuno Karibā): When the Calibur Wheel is set to the flame symbol, Orb Dark creates a ring of fire by making a circular motion with his sword. He then thrusts his sword, throwing it towards the enemy, causing an explosion.
- Orb Dark Ice Calibur (オーブダークアイスカリバー Ōbu Dāku Aisu Karibā): When the Calibur Wheel is set to the ice symbol, Orb Dark freezes the ground in front of him before slashing it and creates a series of ice eruptions as several ice blocks rain on the target.
- Orb Dark Rock Calibur (オーブダークロックカリバー Ōbu Dāku Rokku Karibā): When the Calibur Wheel is set to the rock symbol, Orb Dark stabs his sword into the ground to release electrical currents, breaking the earth and scattering rocks.
- Orb Dark Typhoon Calibur (オーブダークタイフーンカリバー Ōbu Dāku Taifūn Karibā Unused): The Orb Dark Calibur's equivalent to the Orb Wind Calibur.
- Dark Origium Beam (ダークオリジウム光線 Dāku Orijiumu Kōsen): Orb Dark's beam finisher, it is a purple version of the normal Origium Beam.
- Dark Sparion Beam (ダークスペリオン光線 Dāku Superion Kōsen Unused): A dark version of Spacium Zeperion's signature finisher.
- Dark Zettcium Beam (ダークゼットシウム光線 Dāku Zettoshiumu Kōsen Unused): A dark version of Thunder Breastar's signature finisher.
- Tranquilizer Wave: What seems to be his only original ability, Orb Dark unleashes a wave of energy from his palm that can put a monster to sleep, leaving them vulnerable to a finishing attack. This might not be an ability Orb Dark exhibits on his own as it may have come from Cereza or has something to do with the Gyro, considering Ultraman Orb never had an ability like this.
- Dark Stobium Dynamite (ダークストビュームダイナマイト Dāku Sutobyūmu Dainamaito): A dark version of Burnmite's signature finisher, and it is strong enough to revert Ultramen Rosso and Blu back to their human hosts.
Ultra Heroes EXPO 2019
Rosso and Blu once again have to deal with Cereza. According to the crazed alien, he had escaped the Aizen Co. building after Gomora's attack did major damage to it, and had been plotting and training for his revenge against the brothers for several months. The Ultras were of course extremely irritated by him, considering the fact they had dealt with Leugocyte before. Cereza presented the Orb Origin Crystal and threw it into his Gyro, assuming the form of Ultraman Orb Dark as the two sides began fighting.
During their brawl, a force from above intervened. An army of Alien Baltan arrived on Earth to take over the planet. Blu and Rosso became Ultraman Ruebe quickly, knowing it wouldn't be an easy fight though the invaders managed to overwhelm them. Cereza attempted to capitalize on the situation by defeating the aliens and while he got some, they also trumped him. With no one able to properly defend Earth, the people were at the mercy of the Baltans.
As the Baltans continued to conquer the planet, several Ultra Warriors like Ultraman Zero and the real Ultraman Orb came to fight them. The battle for Earth continues with Rosso, Blu, and Orb Dark eventually arriving into the fray again. Each continues on doing as they did previously, Orb Dark even failing to properly be heroic. Orb Dark ends up meeting the real Orb during the great fight, and the two teamed up for a short bit to destroy another platoon of Baltans. During the scuffle, Cereza from inside fanboyed like never before, explaining all the greatness about Orb to the Ultra himself. Eventually after the battle, he challenged Orb against his will to duel and the two fought much to the latter's dismay. Orb Dark managed to put up a decent fighting effort, but was eventually defeated by the true one. Cereza threw a short fit and prepared to transform into Grigio King until being stopped by Orb. The Ultra Hero explained to the crazed alien that he understand what he was trying to do, but was going about it entirely wrong and that him capitalizing on conflict isn't what a hero is about. With the words of advice actually capable of penetrating Cereza's thick skull, he finally got what it meant to be a hero a bit. He proceeded to run off before Orb could say anything else to apologize to the bros, completely forgetting the massive war going on around him.
He joined with Rosso and Blu in the final fight against Revenge of Baltan, the fusion of many Baltans with a two-headed centaurian body. The two were alarmed of his appearance, but he assured everything was okay. They fought the Revenge of Baltan which proved to be a mighty foe. Eventually it shoved Rosso and Blu even as Ruebe into a bad spot and threatened to kill them with a powerful beam. As the duo accepted their fates and the god weapon fired its ultimate attack, Orb Dark jumped in front and was killed in their place. Having memories to Saki's sacrifice as Grigio Regina, they sought to see if he was okay. Cereza admitted to his past failures, hoped he had been forgiven for them, and told the brothers and their friends to remember him. The brothers became furious with his demise as his body was defiled by their enemy. They battled the Revenge of Baltan with great determination, destroying it for good with other Ultras and causing the rest of the Baltan aliens to flee Earth. Everything calmed down with the non-Earthly Ultras chasing after the fleeing invaders as everyone kept in hand that of Cereza's sacrifice, the former villain finally redeeming himself upon death.
- Orb Dark's light-up parts appear orange under certain lighting, but they are really a dark red in color.
- In the initial magazine reveal, the scans reveal his eyes were a much more pale red instead.
- Orb Dark's full name using the word for 'black' in three different languages; English, German and French, is referring to Rosso and Blu's names being Italian words for 'red' and 'blue' respectively.
- His body color is an antithesis to the Minato brothers' transformation catchphrase, "Color me with your power! R/B!", as black is usually interpreted as colorless. This is also ironic, as the color black is obtained by mixing various colors.
- When Orb Dark is paired up with Ultraman Orb Orb Origin in Ultraman Fusion Fight!, he will say "Let me borrow the power of bonds!" in his intro instead of "My name is Ultraman Orb Dark Noir, Black Schwarz!". He says "The light of the galaxy is calling me!" instead when paired with Orb Trinity.
- This is in fact the second dark/evil imitation of Orb to exist, the first being Imitation Ultraman Orb from episode 9 of Ultraman Orb.
- The orb that appears in front of Orb Dark when using the Dark Origium Beam is not a perfect sphere. Instead, it is heart-shaped, referencing that Makoto Aizen is the creator and controller of Orb Dark's power.
- His near attempt to punch the de-transformed Minato brothers was a tribute to Ultraman Nexus' debut in the first episode of his series. This was implemented by director Takanori Tsujimoto.
- Orb Dark's background is similar to Evil Tiga, in that they are an Ultra Hero's powers under the control of those who wished to exploit the power of Ultraman for selfish deeds. Their names gave the indication that they are meant to be evil counterparts of an original Ultraman, hence the similarity of their attacks on a smaller scale.
- Coincidentally, their hosts are portrayed as CEO of a famous company that excels in the field of science and uses forceful methods to obtain said Ultra powers (eg. using the light of Sparklence to create a forced merging with an Ultra statue and/or using the brainwave energies of kidnapped humans to fix an Ultra power).