Ultraman Justice (ウルトラマンジャスティス Urutoraman Jasutisu) is an Ultra who appears in Ultraman Cosmos 2: The Blue Planet. He also appears in Ultraman Cosmos vs. Ultraman Justice: The Final Battle, under the identity of an alien girl named Julie.
- 1 History
- 2 Profile
- 3 Other Media
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
Ultraman Cosmos 2: The Blue Planet
Another Ultraman like Cosmos, Justice came to Earth at the end of the Scorpiss invasion. Attacking the invasion’s forerunner, Sandros, at the moment attacked Cosmos. The Ultra knocked the monster to the side. As it recovered, he delivered some of his energy to the weakened warrior, allowing them both to take on the vile monster. As they did so, Sandros began to unleash its black cloud, blocking out the sun. In complete darkness the pair of heroes was attacked mercilessly by its energized blades.
The foolish monster, however, eventually made a mistake. Charging up its fire ball exposed itself in the darkness, allowing both Cosmos and Justice to quickly fire off their Cosmium and Victorium Beams, annihilating the fiend and saving the Earth yet again. With their jobs done, Cosmos and Justice returned to the stars, but something horrible would soon drive them apart.
Ultraman Cosmos vs. Ultraman Justice: The Final Battle
Aligning himself with a race of aliens intent on destroying all life on Earth before it could reach out and disrupt peace across the universe, the Ultra took on a female human form under the alias Julie. Justice arrived while Cosmos (Eclipse Mode) was in battle with two Gloker Pawns. It seemed he had come to help, but instead, recharged the robots with energy and helped vanquish the hero Ultraman Cosmos.
Julie watched as more attacks spread across the globe, not showing an ounce of remorse until discovering a little girl and her pet dog. This reminded her, and Justice, of the goodness within mankind. After the Gloker Rook devastated the Earth monsters that came to fight, Justice attacked it.
Breaking its armor repeatedly, the hero managed to finish it off with a blast of his Victorium Beam, but an even stronger opponent was coming in the form of the Gloker Bishop. The super being was unable to take down the super robot himself, but when Cosmos returned with a new form, the Future Mode, the two once again joined forces.
Being recharged by the hero, the two finished the weapon off with hits from both their attacks combined into one. The two Ultramen then flew into space, ready to defeat the rest of the fleet that were preparing to attack. Their beams had little effect against the Giga Endra and they were blasted back by its super strong beam attack.
They weren't ready to give up yet, however. They united into one super being, a giant of untold power and strength: Ultraman Legend. The powerful warrior of light held the destructive beam of energy and forced it back into the ship. The blast ripped the huge craft apart and an explosion larger than that of any other engulfed the superhero.
Ultraman Legend returned to normal, separating back into Cosmos and Justice whom looked on as the rest of the fleet turned around. The Earth would now, and forever, be guarded by the united team of Ultraman Cosmos and Ultraman Justice.
Ultra Galaxy Fight: The Absolute Conspiracy
After Leugocyte's attack on Planet Kanon, Ultraman 80 gathered a strike force consisting of himself, Ultraman Neos and Ultraseven 21 to track down Leugocyte, fighting it on Planet Feed. Suddenly, Absolute Tartarus appeared with Reibatos, getting the latter to revive a Gymaira to interfere with the battle. The Ultra Heroes were in a tight spot until Ultraman Cosmos and Ultraman Justice arrived as backup after picking up unusual energy readings, having been sent by Delacion to investigate. The arrival of Cosmos and Justice gave 80 an opportunity to finish off Gymaira and return to helping the others fight Leugocyte. Tartarus himself then confronted the Ultras directly, but was driven off after Cosmos and Justice fused into Ultraman Legend, with a shot of the Fusion Ultra's Spark Legend being enough to convince the Absolutian to escape through a portal. After the battle was over, Cosmos informed the others that it was Tartarus who was responsible for the strange energy he and Justice had detected in this universe, as well as their home universe and the Future Earth World where Cosmos once helped Zero.
At some point after the incident, Justice was sent by Delacion to give a message to Queen Izana at the Galaxy Rescue Force that they would be allying with them and the Land of Light in the ongoing fight against Absolute Tartarus. While unsuccessful at delivering the message the first time, on another instance Justice did manage to tell Izana of their alliance, coincidentally at the same time as Seven 21 was their to send the same message on behalf of the Galactic Security Agency. With the two finally getting a chance to interact properly, 21 offered to spar with Justice for a while, with the both shown to be equally matched.
Ultraman Justice participated in the Dark Spark War but this time he fought not only alongside Ultraman Cosmos but, with other Ultras from other universes and their allies against the forces of evil. In the middle of battle, Dark Lugiel turned every Ultra present, alongside their allies, monsters and aliens into Spark Dolls. With the war over, an unknown warrior appeared and faced Dark Lugiel but like others he also turned into a Spark Doll. The location of Justice's Spark Doll is unknown.
After Ginga defeated Dark Lugiel, Justice and the rest of the Spark Dolls return to their original forms and return to their own universe.
Ultra Galaxy Fight: The Destined Crossroad
- Height: 46 m
- Weight: 41,000 t
- Age: 17,000 years old
- Color Timer: Just like any other Ultra being, Justice has a Color Timer on his chest that indicates how much time/energy he has left.
- Eyes: Justice's eyes can see great distances and hidden enemies.
- Protectors: The armor on Justice's chest, they are the sturdiest parts of his anatomy and are virtually indestructible.
- Ultra Armor: Justice's armor is standard, it is resistant to fire and lasers and just as strong as any Ultra armor.
Unlike other Ultras, Justice does not have the traditional rise scene like them. Instead, Julie puts her Just Lancer on her chest and she becomes a ball of light before flying up. Then it will reveal Julie in her Ultra Form as Justice Standard Mode. Her rise is similar to real time transformations.
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 13
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 3.5
- Maximum Underwater Speed: Mach 2
- Maximum Underground Speed: Mach 2.5
- Maximum Jumping Height: 1,600 m
- Arm Strength: 89,000 t
- Grip Strength: 90,000 t (90 kg in human terms)
- Justice Ability (ジャスティスアビリティ Jasutusu Abiriti): Justice can restore another Ultra's energy.
- Mode Change: Justice is able to enter his Crusher Mode at will.
- Victorium Beam (ビクトリューム光線 Bikutoryūmu Kōsen): Using both hands placed in front of him, Justice can emit a powerful orange energy beam from his arms.
- Light Effector (ライトエフェクター Raito Efekutā): Justice can fire a powerful orange energy beam from either hand.
- Justice Smash (ジャスティススマッシュ Jasutisu Sumasshu): Justice can fire energy bombs from his fists. Average powered, but can be fired in rapid succession.
- Dazzling Arrow (ダージリングアロー Dājiringu Arō): An arrow of light aimed at the vitals of the enemy.
- Justice Remover (ジャスティスリムーバー Jasutisu Rimūbā): Justice is able to shoot energy waves that are able to revive something that was paralyzed. First seen used on Gloker Pawns.
- Justice Punch: Justice is able to perform a deadly punch on an opponent.
- Justice Chop: Justice is able to perform a deadly chop on an opponent.
- Justice Kick: Justice is able to perform a deadly kick on an opponent.
- Justice Whipper: Justice is able throw an enemy, a great distance.
- Justice Barrier (ジャスティスバリア Jasutisu Baria): A barrier technique used in Ultraman Fighting Evolution 3. It's a different technique from the Justice Protect.
- Combination Attack: Justice can grab onto Cosmos's hands and they will both spin very fast. Upon letting go Justice's entire body will act like a boomerang.
- Justice Protect: Builds a wall of energy, emitted from his body, to protect himself and others from an enemy attack.
- Justice Fix: Justice is able to make himself or an object hover in space against gravity.
- Justice See Through: Justice is able to see through any obstacle.
- Justice Hearing: Justice is able to recognize a small sound in distant.
- Justice Move: Momentary movement via Ultra Physic.
- Justice Living: A beam that is able to stop the enemy in the air.
- Justice Manifest: Justice can project rays that expose invisible targets or cancels an opponent's illusions.
- Justice Kinesis: By making full use of his Ultra psychic powers, Justice can make even large objects move through the air.
- Justice Cutter: Justice can create a blade of light that is capable of cutting through an enemy in an instant.
- Justice Swing: A grappling technique.
- Justice Headbutt: Justice performs a very strong headbutt.
Crusher Mode (クラッシャーモード Kurasshā Mōdo) is Justice's second form, which grants him greater strength and firepower. Justice gains this form after realizing what true "justice" means, as he stands up and rebels against Delacion as well.
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 15
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 4.5
- Maximum Underwater Speed: Mach 3
- Maximum Underground Speed: Mach 3.5
- Maximum Jumping Height: 1,800 m
- Grip Strength: 120,000 t (120 kg in human terms)
- Justice Ability (ジャスティスアビリティ Jasutisu Abiriti): Justice can restore another Ultra's energy in Ultraman Fighting Evolution 3.
- Acceleration: Justice can accelerate to blinding speeds at will for a short burst.
- Combine: In Crusher Mode, Justice is able to combine with Ultraman Cosmos in order to create one, all powerful Ultra-being, Ultraman Legend.
- Dagrium Beam (ダグリューム光線 Daguryūmu Kōsen): Justice can emit a powerful orange energy beam from his arms.
- Batreck Shot (バトレックショット Batorekku Shotto): Justice can emit tiny, yellow arrows of energy from his palms.
- Crusher Bloome (クラッシャーブローム Kurasshā Burōmu): Justice is now capable of tearing apart materials such as metal used to make Gloker Rook.
- Crusher High Kick (クラッシャーハイキック Kurasshā Hai Kikku): Justice able to do a strong high speed kick.
- Cross Perfection (クロスパーフェクション Kurosu Pāfekushon): Justice can combine his power with Ultraman Cosmos' power, and both will release a super-powered energy beam from their hands. Cosmos releases a blue beam from his right arm, and Justices releases an orange one from his left. Before hitting the target, the two combine into one, large beam of green energy. Can destroy monsters like Gloker Bishop in one blow. Their ultimate attack.
- Double Rolling Attack (ダブルローリングアタック Daburu Rōringu Atakku): Justice, alongside Cosmos, is able to jump at the same time and do a powerful vertical kick able to deal a great deal of damage.
Ultraman Fighting Evolution 3
Ultraman Justice is one of the playable Ultras for this game. He can transform into Crusher Mode as well.
In Story Mode, Ultraman Justice will face Cosmos as seen in the third film. There are two different routes in the game:
- If Cosmos is defeated, Justice would face against Gloker Bishop until Cosmos' arrival.
- If Justice is defeated, Cosmos would face against Gloker Bishop until Justice's arrival.
Ultraman Cosmos 2: The Blue Planet
Ultraman Cosmos vs. Ultraman Justice: The Final Battle
New Ultraman Retsuden
Ultra Galaxy Fight: The Absolute Conspiracy
- Ultraman Justice is the second male Ultra who took a female human form, the first being Ultraseven 21. However, Justice has his fixed human form, unlike 21.
- Justice is also the second male Ultra that has a female human host/form. The first one was Ultraman Ace's former human host Yuko Minami. However, unlike Yuko, Julie was Justice's human form.
- According to a magazine, the reason he took a female appearance is to display his view of justice as "one that transcends gender", hence seeing himself as neither male nor female.
- Justice's voice actor, Osamu Ryutani, also voiced Ultraman Xenon in the Ultraman Max, Alien Metron in the Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle: Never Ending Odyssey, and Ultraman Leo in a Hyper Battle DVD.
- Ultraman Justice is the first good Ultra to have joined an antagonist's side but, later defected from them.
- Ultraman Justice's standard form's design is a combination of elements from both Ultraseven and Ultraman Tiga.
- Similarly, Ultraman Justice himself is mostly themed after Ultraseven.
- Ultraman Justice was originally designed as the star of an original video but instead appeared in the second Cosmos movie. Some magazines even went to further claim that he was a contender of Cosmos' role in the latter's series, although director Hideyuki Kawakami denied it as such.
- Ultraman Justice was original planned to appear in the second Cosmos movie solo but Cosmos was put in it for advertisement value.
- Ultraman Justice was also originally intended to appear in Ultraman Saga as well since the intended fusion Ultra was to be Ultraman Legend but was dropped to create Saga.