Ultraman Groob (ウルトラマングルーブ Urutoraman Gurūbu), or Ultraman Gruebe, is an Ultra Warrior born from the fusion form of Ultraman Rosso, Ultraman Blu, and Ultrawoman Grigio. He first appears in Ultraman R/B The Movie: Select! The Crystal of Bond.
Similar to how the word "Ruebe" (ルーブ), the pronunciation of "R/B" is derived from the initials of Rosso and Blu, Groob's (グルーブ) follows the same naming convention with Grigio added.
Ultraman R/B The Movie: Select! The Crystal of Bond
When Ultraman Tregear appeared backing up Snake Darkness, everyone was easily overpowered. Refusing to give up, the Minato siblings - Katsumi, Isami, and Asahi fused into Groob, activating the Makoto Crystal’s power through their family ties. Groob was joined by Riku, who transformed into Ultraman Geed Ultimate Final once more. Groob and Geed then alternated between fighting Tregear and Snake Darkness, and were eventually fighting on par with them. Finally, Groob destroyed Snake Darkness via the Groobing Ray and freed Yukio Toi from the dark influence.
Ultra Galaxy Fight: New Generation HeroesUltraman Tregear revives Ultra Dark-Killer and Ultraman Zero Darkness after their defeat at the hands of Ultraman Ruebe, with the former growing to giant size and going berserk due to his overflowing power. The Minato siblings join the New Generation Heroes to fight Ultra Dark-Killer by fusing into Ultraman Groob. After the New Generation Heroes assault Dark-Killer, Taro arrives and advises them to land their power to the Strium Brace. Upon doing so, Ginga performs the New Generation Dynamite and delivered the finishing blow towards Dark-Killer, destroying him and the Dark Palace. The siblings separate upon the villain's defeat.
Ultraman Taiga The Movie: New Generation Climax
- Height: 53 m
- Weight: 47,000 t
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 10
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 6
- Underwater Traveling Speed: Mach 5
- Underground Traveling Speed: Mach 4
- Maximum Jumping Power: 1500 m
- Brute Strength: 135,000 t
- Grip Strength: 99,000 t
- Time Limit: 3 minutes
- Groob Signal (グルーブシグナル Gurūbu Shigunaru): Groob possesses a circular-shaped Color Timer.
- Ultra Armor: The standard Ultra Armor, which is more durable than that of Ruebe, capable of taking in many attacks without any signs of damage.
- Protectors (プロテクター Purotekutā): Like his components, Groob sports protectors covering his chest area.
- Crystals: Groob possesses small crystals on his chest, arms, and legs.
- Breast Shiner (ブレストシャイナー Buresuto Shainā): Specifically referring to the crystals on his chest, they are used to fire the Delta Breast Lancer.
- Golden Ring: A golden Ring on Groob's back, it is where the R/B Kourin is stored.
"Overlap! The Three Souls!"
- ―Transformation announcement w/ Makoto Crystal.
"Enshrined by Reality! The Immortal Truth!!"
- ―Groob's transformation catchphrase
- Groob Reflect (グルーブリフレクト Gurūbu Rifurekuto) (Unused): Groob summons a barrier of light.
- Hand Blocking: Groob can simply block an energy beam with his bare hands.
- Transportation Sphere: Groob can create an energy sphere to transport and protect other beings.
- Strength: Groob is naturally stronger than Ruebe, being able to easily handle Snake Darkness in a hand-to-hand combat without difficulty.
- Ultra Charge (ウルトラチャージ Urutora Chāji): Groob can charge up an ally by donating his light energy.
- R/B Kourin (ルーブコウリン Rūbu Kōrin): Groob retains the use of Ruebe's personal weapon.
- Groob Vortex Buster (グルーブボルテックバスター Gurūbu Borutekku Basutā): An upgraded version of Ruebe's Ruebe Vortex Buster, using the Makoto Crystal in place of the Kiwami Crystal. Groob fires a destructive beam from the R/B Kourin.
- Groob Kourin Shot (グルーブコウリンショット Gurūbu Kōrin Shotto): An upgraded version of Ruebe's Ruebe Kourin Shot, using the Makoto Crystal in place of the Kiwami Crystal. Groob fires three cutting halos from the R/B Kourin.
- Groobing Ray (グルービング光線 Gurūbingu Kōsen): Groob's Ultra Beam. He fires it from the '+' position when he puts his left hand in a fist. The beam has the miraculous power to save the life of victims trapped inside a Kaiju.
- Delta Breast Lancer (デルタブレストランサ Deruta Buresuto Ransa): Groob's secondary energy beam, fired from the crystals on his chest.
- Energy Bullet: Groob can fire multicolored energy bullets from his hands.
- Groob Kick (グルーブキック Gurūbu Kikku): A powerful kick attack with destructive force.
- Groobing Impact (グルービングインパクト Gurubingu Inpakuto): Groob can imbue energy into his foot, although his energy is rainbow-colored compared to Ruebe's gold. Three times more powerful than Groob Kick.
- Groob Punch (グルーブパンチ Gurūbu Panchi): A punching attack with strong impact.
- Groobing Smash (グルービングスマッシュ Gurubingu Sumasshu): Similar to the Groob Punch, though with rainbow-colored energy imbued into his fist. Three times more powerful than Groob Punch.
- Groob Tackle (グルーブタックル Gurūbu Takkuru): An attack with Groob’s entire body.
- Groob Throw (グルーブスロウ Gurūbu Surō): Thanks to his grip strength, Groob is strong enough to lift up Snake Darkness' tail, and throws it afterward.
- Groob Chop (グルーブチョップ Gurūbu Choppu): A chopping attack.
Ultraman R/B The Movie
- All footage of Groob in Ultraman R/B The Movie portrays the character fully in CGI.
- The suit makes its first cinematic appearance in Ultra Galaxy Fight: New Generation Heroes.
- While the Makoto Crystal toy's box spells his signature Ultra Beam as Groobium Ray (グルービウム光線 Gurūbiumu Kōsen), the sofubi card and magazines instead state that it is called Groobing Ray (グルービング光線 Gurūbingu Kōsen).
- The way Rosso, Blu and Grigio hold hands in a circle during Groob's transformation is likely a reference to Triple Fighter.
- Groob's fusion parallels said hero, as both are fusions of three individual heroes who are siblings, two brothers and a sister.