Ultraman Fighting Evolution (ウルトラマン ファイティングエボリューション Urutoraman Faitingu Eboryūjyon) is a fighting video game. It was developed and published by Banpresto. It was the first Ultraman Fighting Evolution series game, spawning many sequels.
- Arcade Mode
- Versus Mode
- Survival Mode
- Training Mode
- Option Mode
- Power plant (day)
- Flooded city
- City (night)
- Lake bridge
- Power plant (sunset)
- Ground base
- Kobe Harbor
- Osaka Tower
- Volcanic ruins
- Science Patrol base
- This is the only Ultraman Fighting Evolution game in which Alien Metron is a playable character. However, he later appeared in Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Colisseum DX for Wii.
- Even though Ultraman Taro appears as a playable character in this game, none of the monsters from the following series were featured.
- Same goes for Ace Killer and Alien Magma.
- Every monster except for Gomora has a unique special attack. Gomora just has a special sub-attack.
- Zetton and Metron have two additional sub-attacks.
- Even though Dada can use his ray-gun weapon, this is one of the only games where it doesn't actually shrink opponents.
- If both players pick the same monster, the second player will appear in a blue-hue.
- Found within sound-test, various sounds for attacks never actually seen in-game can be heard. They include Ultraseven's Wide Shot, Magma's second beam, and Zetton's barrier.
- If a player knocks out Dada from behind and waits, he will actually change masks. He goes from Dada B, Dada C, back to Dada A in order.
- This is the only game in the series of Fighting Evolution not to strictly enforce the rule of KO by finisher, albeit there's chances in game the opponent will enter a finisher/stunned state after being lowered of all health in a match.