|This article is incompatible with the Visual Editor. Please edit with the source editor instead.|
Ultraman Dyna (ウルトラマンダイナ Urutoraman Daina) is the protagonist of the eponymous series Ultraman Dyna. His human host is Shin Asuka, a member of Super GUTS, whom he bonded with to fight against the Sphere and other threats to the Earth.
- 1 Conception
- 2 History
- 2.1 Ultraman Dyna Novel: Zero Drive to the Future
- 2.2 Ultraman Dyna
- 2.3 Ultraman Tiga, Ultraman Dyna, & Ultraman Gaia: The Decisive Battle in Hyperspace
- 2.4 Tiga, Dyna, and Ultraman Gaia Novel: The Adventure in Hyperspace
- 2.5 Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legends The Movie
- 2.6 Ultraman Saga
- 2.7 Ultraman Ginga
- 2.8 Ultraman Ginga S The Movie: Showdown! The 10 Ultra Warriors!
- 2.9 Ultraman Orb THE ORIGIN SAGA
- 3 Counterparts
- 4 Profile
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
Ultraman Dyna's name was suggested by Mai in episode 2 where the word Dyna came from the word "Dynamic" despite she said that it came from the Japanese word "love" (大好きな Daisukina).
Ultraman Dyna Novel: Zero Drive to the Future
When Kazuma Asuka was taking part in the Zero Drive navigation test, he entered a tunnel of light which transformed him into Ultraman Dyna. The explanation given is that Kazuma's presence into a 'dimension of light' and the drive system he was testing, somehow transformed him into a giant of light. He was stated to have then spent several years between the end of Tiga and the start of Dyna, fighting evil across space. However, upon sensing his son's crises, he flew across space and merged with Asuka to save his life.
First Battle Against Sphere
The Ultra merged with the Super GUTS rookie, Shin Asuka when the Mars Base of TPC was attacked by Spheres. The Ultra then introduced himself broadly to his later companions by destroying Darambia by just transforming. However, he would then show off his skills by defeating the newly created monster: Neo Darambia. Some of the older members of the TPC contingent in the colony believe it is Ultraman Tiga, returned and renewed. The elder officers, however, realize that it isn't Tiga, but may be another guardian like him. Asuka as the Ultraman faces Darambia and finally defeats him.
Soon, when Giralen, another monster created by the Spheres attacks the Super GUTS Base, Asuka transforms into the Ultra once again and finishes the monster with the Revolium Wave. After witnessing the whole battle, Mai, the team's operator decides to name the Ultraman as Ultraman Dyna. Later, after his fight as Dyna with Grossyna, Asuka becomes albeit mature, realizing fully his responsibilities as a Super GUTS member. Many of these monsters taught Asuka lessons and gave memories to the young-adult, who began his motto "Never give up!"
Ultraman Tiga & Ultraman Dyna: Warriors of the Star of Light
Taking place during the main series, Asuka as Dyna battles Geranda on the moon along with Super GUTS on their GUTS Eagle. Both monster and Ultra seemed evenly matched in strength and abilities, until Geranda was destroyed by a mysterious battleship.
Upon returning to Earth, the Super GUTS team were called to a secret island base stationed on Coreomoes Island (first debuted in Ultraman Tiga). Here they discover that TPC is also responsible for building the space-battleship. The ship known as Prometheus, and its devastating main weapon is the Neo-Maxima Cannon which was once used in the original GUTS' Artdessei. The project leader, Dr. Kisaragi, explains that Super GUTS has been summoned so that their brainwaves can be used to give real-battle experiences to the battle computer of Prometheus, making it an even more effective weapon. Asuka doubts that Prometheus can ever be as effective as Dyna at defending the Earth. He accepts the challenge, and enters the capsule. Before entering, Dr. Kisaragi also calls him "Dyna", provoking his awareness before his memories being uploaded into the battleship, despite Asuka's protests. There, Asuka has a vision of the ship's previous battle with Geranda and surprisingly, the ship also fires the Neo-Maxima Cannon at Dyna. Though the giant tries to repel it with his Solgent Beam, it failed thus reducing him into dust.
When Asuka regains consciousness, the base is attacked by an alien spaceship, with energy waves identical to that found from Geranda, and Asuka transforms into Ultraman Dyna to face the alien UFO. Prometheus is also launched, but to destroy Dyna, not assist him. Dr. Kisaragi announces that both she and Prometheus are under the control of the alien race known as the Monera. Prometheus, mollusionized into Deathfacer, is able to anticipate and counter all of Dyna's moves due its knowledge of the Ultra based on Asuka's brain scan result. The one-sided battle ends when the robot proceeds to fire his Neo-Maxima Cannon at Dyna, but the Ultra, having experienced the nightmare of him perishing by the giant laser managed to evade, leaving a large crater on the island. Dyna disappears and is presumed dead.
While Super GUTS regroups and finds out that they have all survived, including Asuka, however, Mai was wounded gravely for not being able to escape the base fast enough, and together with the battle caused Asuka to lose his confidence. After talking with the original GUTS leader, Captain Iruma, Asuka regains his confidence and transforms into Ultraman Dyna Strong Type. This time, Dyna is ready for Deathfacer and finally defeats Deathfacer by driving his fist through Neo-Maxima Cannon when it does 'pre-shoot charging sequence'. Dyna then throws the unstable Deathfacer into the air, before it explodes. However, the Monera fuses themselves with their spaceship to form the gigantic Queen Monera which captures Dyna and instantly devastates the city. Dyna tries to escape, and Super GUTS, as well as Captain Iruma, try to aid, but Dyna's energy is drained completely and his timer runs out, dying.
However, the brief return of Ultraman Tiga revived Dyna and both past and present heroes combined their efforts to defeat Monera. Afterwards, Tiga salutes Dyna before both of them disappear. The entire Super GUTS reunite to celebrate their victory against the monster.
Ultraman Dyna: The Return of Hanejiro
Ultraman Dyna reappeared in this movie again as a main protagonist, and fights now the invading forces of the Alien Dehadoh, involving Arwon, Wanzetto, and others.
Final Battle Against Sphere
On Sphere's last assault on the Mars Base, Dyna would be forced to fight the thing created from his power, Zeluganoid, created by the TPC. At the final battle, Dyna and Super GUTS would defeat Gransphire, but the battle also came at a high price: Asuka (as Dyna) gets himself sucked into a gap between dimensions, where Asuka would meet his father one more time as they fly to an unknown destination.
Ultraman Tiga, Ultraman Dyna, & Ultraman Gaia: The Decisive Battle in Hyperspace
Due to Tsutomu's desire to save Gaia and to defeat King of Mons and his allies to save another universe's Earth, Tiga and Dyna appeared and teamed up with Gaia. All of this came about by a ball that granted wishes. Involved in the final battle against King of Mons. Dyna fought Bajiris and eventually destroyed it using the Empowered Solgent Beam. Along with Tiga and Gamu, they disappear out of Tsutomo's wish for the Red Sphere's non-existence.
Tiga, Dyna, and Ultraman Gaia Novel: The Adventure in Hyperspace
Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legends The Movie
After some time in the dimensional portal Dyna reappeared aboard the ZAP Spacy ship, the Pendragon, as it was being attacked by Alien Zetton and Nurse. After defeating both of them with little effort, he took the crew to the Monster Graveyard near Nebula M78, home of the Ultras who were like the guardians of light except for their origins being the result of evolution from their artificial sun known as the Plasma Spark. Upon arriving at the Monster Graveyard, Dyna fought Ultraman Belial and managed to hold his own until Ultraman Zero showed up to beat him mercilessly. Shortly after, Belial created the monster Belyudra, a creature composed of monsters from his own universe and several others, to fight off the heroes. Belial was on the top of its head. However, the Ultras and ZAP Spacy still fought back and through their courage and sheer tenacity destroyed Belyudra. Once the Plasma Spark was restored to its temple, the people of Nebula M78 would continue on their mission to fight evil and defend the innocent throughout the universe with Shin Asuka and Dyna becoming allies of ZAP SPACY.
Dyna first appeared in the city after Arstron had caused massive havoc and defeated the Kaiju instantly with the Solgent Beam. Later, Dyna transformed back into Asuka and joined forces with E.D.F., Team U and spent some time with the kids in their care, until he had to face the Gigant Zetton alone and was unable to defeat it. Thus, he turned into stone but not before expelling the Lieflasher away. He was revived when a little boy found his Lieflasher and tossed it to his color timer, and joined forces with Cosmos and Zero to combat Gigant Zetton and managed to defeat it but, then it morphed into it's true form, Hyper Zetton. The three Ultras battled the Titan but with their strength they were still unable to defeat the Kaiju and reverted back to their human forms. Refusing to give up, Asuka, Musashi and Taiga combined their power to become the new giant of light, Ultraman Saga. Later Hyper Zetton created multiple monsters with multiple Spheres. All seemed lost until Ultraman, Ultraseven, Jack, Ace and Leo appeared to fight the monsters while Saga fights Hyper Zetton. The hero continued his battle with Hyper Zetton but even with the fusion, Saga was only evenly matched with his foe. With the help of Team U, the mighty Ultra destroyed the Alien Bat and his creation with the Maximum Saga. After the battle Asuka goes back to his dimension for a brief moment to inform Super GUTS that Taiga is well. He gives them a thumbs up before resuming his journey.
Prior to Ultraman Ginga, Ultraman Dyna participated in the Dark Spark War but this time he fought with the other Ultras that appeared in other series. In the midst of their battle, Dark Lugiel turned every Ultras alongside their allies, Kaiju and aliens into Spark Dolls. It was then an unknown warrior appeared and faced Dark Lugiel but like the others he also turned into a Spark Doll but he was kept within his Ginga Spark and fell alongside the other Spark Dolls to Earth. It is unknown whether Dyna was lost in the town or was kept by Dark Lugiel as part of his collection.
At the conclusion of the series, Dyna is presumed to have returned to his original form and left Earth with the other Spark Dolls for space.
Ultraman Ginga S The Movie: Showdown! The 10 Ultra Warriors!
"So, the monsters we've fought before have combined? Heh. Now the real fight begins!"
- ―Ultraman Dyna
During his travels, Dyna presumably encountered Etelgar and was imprisoned by him. After being freed, he would fight alongside the other Heisei Ultras, in particular Tiga and Gaia, where the three would team up against Five King, a monster formed by their memories of past enemies (in Dyna's case, Reicubas). While Dyna assumed Miracle Type, all three Ultras managed to defeat the colossal beast once and for all.
Ultraman Orb THE ORIGIN SAGA
Asuka as Dyna came to Orb's aid when he sensed something was off in another universe, the one where Orb was in. He first arrives and helps Orb face off against several Bezelbs and a Kugutsu-infected Birdon, using his Strong Type on screen for the first time in a long while.
Dyna later appears so that he, Orb, and Cosmos can fend off the Bezelbs' attack on Planet Kanon. Psychi's minions retreat, and leaves them to Orb.He stays behind on Planet Kanon to help the people recuperate after
His last appearance in the series was in the final episode, where he and the other Ultras fought Psyqueen.
Great Decisive Battle! The Super 8 Ultra Brothers
- Main article: Ultraman Dyna (Superior Universe)
Ultraman Dyna appears as an alternate universe version of himself in this movie.
- Height: 55 m
- Weight: 45,000 t
- Home World: Unknown
- Time Limit: 3 minutes
- Eyes: Dyna can detect the presence of hidden enemies
- Dyna Crystal (ダイナクリスタル Daina Kurisutaru): The crystal on Dyna's forehead, it is like the Tiga Crystal in that it is the major requirement for Dyna to Triple Change, which is based on Tiga's Type Change. Unlike Tiga, who freely transformed into three types, Dyna can only transform twice in battle, also to transform into any other form he must be in Flash Type, meaning it is impossible for him to use all three of his forms in battle. However, his advantages is that he is capable of accessing his alternate forms right during his transformation as when facing Deathfacer a second time, he transformed straight into Strong Type.
- Dyna Tector (ダイナテクター Daina Tekutā): The yellow band around his chest and upper back, it is a protector like Tiga's bands, the sturdiest part of his body and almost indestructible. This part does not exist in Miracle Type and Strong Type.
- Ultra Armor: When he Triple Changes into other forms, Dyna trades his Dyna Tector for a normal Ultra Armor which can withstand high heat and low temperatures, his Ultra Armor is resistant to flame and laser beams.
- Arms: Dyna is an Ultra that specializes in beam attacks, for this his arms can channel several million horsepower of energy.
Asuka thrusts the Lieflasher into the air, it then unfolds and then transforms him into Dyna. In later transformations outside of the Ultraman Dyna TV series, Asuka will shout "Dyna!" before the Lieflasher snaps open.
Flash Type (フラッシュタイプ Furasshu Taipu) is Ultraman Dyna's default form, balanced between speed and strength while possessing many beam techniques to utilize.
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 8
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 3
- Maximum Underwater Speed: Mach 2
- Maximum Underground Speed: Mach 2
- Maximum Jumping Height: 1,000 m
- Arm Strength: 80,000 t
- Grip Strength: 60,000 t (human equivalent 60 kg)
- Solgent Beam (ソルジェント光線 Sorujento Kōsen): Ultraman Dyna’s primary signature attack. It is fired as an electric blue ray and usually used as a finisher in a plus "+" sign.
- Spacium Beam type: He can also fire a Spacium Beam-type of the Solgent Beam. This can also take the form of multiple energy blasts.
- Empowered Solgent Beam (強化版ソルジェント光線 Kyōka-ban Sorujento Kōsen)/C Charge Solgent Beam (Ｃチャージソルジェント光線 Shī Chāji Sorujento Kōsen): Dyna charges additional energy before firing his Ultra Beam.
- Powered Up Solgent Beam: A stronger version of the Solgent Beam. Used in Ultraman Ginga S's movie.
- Flash Cycler (フラッシュサイクラー Furasshu Saikurā): Dyna fires a crescent-shaped cutter beam from his arms.
- Beam Slicer (ビームスライサー Bīmu Suraisā): Dyna can unleash a wave of shuriken-shaped light bullets from his right arm.
- Flash Buster (フラッシュバスター Furasshu Basutā): Dyna can unleash a blue beam from his right hand.
- Flash Light Bullet (フラッシュ光弾 Furasshu Hikaridama): Dyna sticks out his hand in front of his chest and fires a rainbow colored light wave. Used on Cyclometra.
- Dyna Slash (ダイナスラッシュ Daina Surasshu): Ultraman Dyna throws a buzzsaw ring that can slice through enemies.
- Ultra Fork (ウルトラフォーク Urutora Fōku): Ultraman Dyna can charge up an energy ball in his hands and then throw it. He can put a curve to this so that it acts like a curveball in baseball.
- Solgent Energy Ball: Dyna can create a ball of energy from his hands and crush it into the enemy. Used on Zombayu.
- Spiral Burst (スパイラルバースト Supairaru Bāsuto): Dyna can fire a wave of energy from his hands after charging energy into his Dyna Tector. First used in Ultraman Orb THE ORIGIN SAGA.
- Flash Punch (フラッシュパンチ Furasshu Panchi): Dyna can perform an intense punch on his enemy's weak points.
- Flash Chop (フラッシュチョップ Furasshu Choppu): Dyna can perform a powerful chop. It's strong enough to rip through Golza II’s skin.
- Flash Kick (フラッシュキック Furasshu Kikku): Dyna Flash type can perform many types of kicks, such as straight or dive kick.
- Ultra Heel Drop (ウルトラかかと落とし Urutora Kakato Otoshi): Dyna can perform a heel kick on his enemy.
- Ultra Whipper (ウルトラ・ホイッパー Urutora Hoippā): Dyna carries the opponent over his shoulders and slams them into the ground.
- Ultra Leg Whip (ウルトラレッグホイップ Urutora Reggu Hoippu): A throwing technique using enemy's leg.
- Hurricane Swing (ハリケーンスウィング Harikēn Suu~ingu): Dyna can grabs enemy by the head and swings them around before throwing them.
- Ultra Balloon (ウルトラバルーン Urutora Barūn): Creates a red energy sphere that travels upward like a balloon to attract the monster Bao-on's attention, used in episode 8.
- Dyna Teleportation (ダイナテレポーテーション Daina Terepōtēshon): Dyna can teleport short distances without the cost of energy.
- Dyna Charging (ダイナチャージング Daina Chājingu): Dyna grants some of his energy to others.
- Bullet Destroy: Dyna can destroy energy bullets using his hand. First used to destroy Arstron's fireballs.
- Energy Charge: Dyna, along with Cosmos, can release energy from his hands to power up the Ultimate Aegis for Zero to perform the Final Ultimate Zero Trinity.
- Twinkle Way (トゥインクルウェイ Tuinkuru Uei): Dyna can construct a portal able to sent beings to a different place in either the current or a different universe.
- Travel Sphere: Like other Ultras, Dyna can turn into a blue energy sphere to quickly travel through space.
- Fluoroscope Ray (透視光線 Tōshi Kōsen): Dyna is able to fire a white beam from his both eyes to detect invisible objects similar to the original Ultraman's.
- Ultra Water Current (ウルトラ水流 Urutora Suiryū): Dyna sprays a stream of water from his clasped hands.
- Crossover Formation (クロスオーバーフォーメーション Kurosu Ōbā Fōmēshon): A momentarily power boost utilized along with other Heisei Ultras to destroy Eteglar's castle.
- Power Transfer: Dyna can donate his powers to the Ultra Fusion Brace along with other Heisei Ultras to allow Ultraman Ginga Victory to use his power.
- Combine: Dyna can combine with Cosmos and Zero to become Ultraman Saga. This can only be used if the Ultimate Bracelet is in Ultraman Saga Mode.
- Ultra Double Slicer (ウルトラダブルスライサー Urutora Daburu Suraisā): With Tiga, both Ultras fire Flash Buster and Hand Slash, respectively on an enemy.
- Flying Double Punch (フライング・ダブルパンチ Furaingu Daburu Panchi): With Tiga, both can perform a flying punch on the enemy. Also known as Meteor Twin (メテオツイン Meteo Tsuin).
- TD Special (
ＴＤスペシャル Tī Dī Supesharu): Tiga and Dyna fire their Zeperion Beam and Solgent Beam simultaneously, which converge into a single, more powerful beam.
- Combination Barrier: A large circular barrier formed along with Cosmos, Agul, Gaia, and Orb.
- Combination Ray: A combination ray with Cosmos, Agul, Gaia, and Orb.
Miracle Type (ミラクルタイプ Mirakuru Taipu) is Ultraman Dyna's speed form, which he prefers over his Strong Type. This form grants him greater speed and various special abilities. This form first appears in episode 2.
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 10 (Average) ~ Light Speed (Mach 880,000)
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 5
- Maximum Underwater Speed: Mach 3
- Maximum Underground Speed: Mach 1
- Maximum Jumping Height: 1,500 m
- Grip Strength: 40,000 t (human equivalent to 40 kg)
- Increased Speed: In Miracle Type, Dyna moves more quickly than in his other forms. He can even accelerate at fast speeds.
- Revolium Wave Attack Type (レボリウムウェーブアタックバージョン Reboriumu Uēbu Atakku Bājon): Ultraman Dyna’s primary attack in Miracle Type. Dyna fires a beam at the opponent, opening up a small black hole that absorbs them in, never to be seen again. Some enemies have the ability to completely defy this technique.
- Revolium Wave Reverse Type (レボリウムウェーブリバースバージョン Reboriumu Uēbu Ribāsu Bājon): The Revolium Wave can absorb attacks in a shield and then fire it back. When needed, Ultraman Dyna can choose only to use the shield to protect himself from attacks.
- Shining Judge (シャイニングジャッジ Shainingu Jajji): Dyna collects the sun's rays to create an orange light lens and fires a shockwave beam. It has a different version in the Tiga & Dyna movie.
- Hand Shooter (ハンドシューター Hando Shūtā): Dyna can fire a beam of blue energy from his arm.
- Beam Slicer (ビームスライサー Bīmu Suraisā): Dyna fires a blue electrical beam from one of his hands.
- Miracle Kick (ミラクルキック Mirakuru Kikku): Dyna can jump high into the sky and perform a kick powerful enough to create sparks. Used on Zombayu.
- Continuous Turning Kick (連続回し蹴り Renzoku Mawashigeri): Dyna spins himself while performing a pour kick. Used on Zombayu.
- Miracle Punch (ミラクルパンチ Mirakuru Panchi): Dyna can deliver a fast-paced punch to his enemies. Used on Garaon.
- Miracle Chop (ミラクルチョップ Mirakuru Choppu): Dyna can perform a quick vertical chop. However, it’s barely effective.
- Miracle Elbow (ミラクルエルボー Mirakuru Erubō): Dyna can deliver a powerful elbow attack from his gathered energy.
- Miracle Rocket Attack (ミラクルロケットアタック Mirakuru Roketto Atakku): Dyna can engulf his body in energy and turn into an energy orb. He then flys straight through his opponents, destroying them instantly.
- Drill Spin Tactics (ドリルスピン戦法 Doriru Supin Senpō): Dyna can integrated himself with GUTS Eagle, so when the Tornado Thunder is shot, Dyna flys straight to the target. Used on Bazob.
- Miracle Rolling (ミラクルローリング Mirakuru Rōringu): Dyna can perform high speed rolling when he rolls himself up.
- Dyna Rolling Attack (ダイナローリングアタック Daina Rōringu Atakku): Dyna attacks an enemy while performing Miracle Rolling. Good for other attack follow ups.
- Nature Control (ネイチャーコントロール Neichā Kontorōru): Dyna can control nature mental like lightning and fire, used in episode 2 to put out the flames made by Giralen. Later, in episode 26, it was used to absorb the energy of an artificial sun to empower himself.
- Miracle Thunder Charge (ミラクルサンダーチャージ Mirakuru Sandā Chāji): Dyna absorbs electrical energy from sources such as lightning, which he then emits from his hand.
- Fluoroscopic Ability (透視能力 Tōshi Nōryoku): Dyna can see into enemy bodies to see their weakness.
- Dyna Teleportation (ダイナテレポーテーション Daina Terepōtēshon): Dyna in his Miracle Type can teleport long distances at will.
- Telekinesis: Ultraman Dyna can grasp enemies using telekinesis and throw them.
- Ultra Psychic (ウルトラサイキック Urutora Saikikku): After touching the stone on his forehead, Ultraman Dyna generates psychic waves that can suspend and lift foes without flinching.
- Miracle Lifting Wave (ミラクルリフティングウェーブ Mirakuru Rifutingu Uēbu): Dyna raises the enemy up, and moves them manually to another location.
- Ultra Magic (ウルトラマジック Urutora Majikku): Dyna can create three copies of himself and attack the enemy. Its unknown if these copies are able to use Dyna’s other attacks. This ability is rarely used and the copies will vanish at Dyna's will.
Strong Type (ストロングタイプ Sutorongu Taipu) is Ultraman Dyna's strength form, though he does not prefer it as much as his Miracle Type. This form lacks energy abilities besides his barrier and the Garnate Bomber, instead focusing almost entirely on martial arts and strength. First appears in episode 4.
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 5
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 2.5
- Maximum Underwater Speed: Mach 1
- Maximum Underground Speed: Mach 3
- Maximum Jumping Height: 800 m ~ 3,000 m
- Grip Strength: 90,000 t (human equivalent to 90 kg)
- Increased Strength: In Strong Type, Dyna is able to boast incredible brute strength as he is able to pick up and toss monsters without difficulty.
- Garnate Bomber Shooting Version (ガルネイトボンバー・シューティングバージョン Garuneito Bonbā Shūtingu Bājon): Dyna unleashes a large burst of energy from his arm. This attack will rip straight through an opponent’s body, often leaving perfect holes through whatever part is hit.
- Vulcan Swing (バルカンスウィング Barukan Suingu): Ultraman Dyna grabbed his opponent's tail and spins at a high velocity before releasing them. Can destroy monsters in one blow. This technique also seen as finisher for Ultraman Dyna Strong Type in Ultraman Fighting Evolution 3.
- Garnate Bomber Swing Version (ガルネイドボンバー・スウｨングバージョン Garuneito Bonbā Suingu Bājon): An attack that was never used in the show, Dyna grabs his enemy in the mid air and performs a spinning attack, slamming their heads onto the ground. It can be assumed that he also channels the energy of the Garnate Bomber Shooting Version while using this attack, likely resulting in destruction upon impact.
- Throw Dynamite: Throws even the heaviest of enemies high into the air.
- Ultra Whipper (ウルトラ・ホイッパー Urutora Hoippā): Dyna can lift an enemy and throw them, even with one hand.
- Ultra Lifter (ウルトラリフター Urutora Rifutā): Dyna picks up the enemy and lifts them upward.
- Strong Crusher (ストロングクラッシャー Sutorongu Kurasshā): Dyna lifts an enemy to the air while flying, and punches them.
- Strong Punch (ストロングパンチ Sutorongu Panchi): When in Strong Type, Ultraman Dyna can coat his fist with energy and smash it into an opponent. They will then fly back and explode if weakened enough from previous attacks.
- Dy-Knuckle (ダイナックル Dainakkuru): Dyna coats his fist with flames and performs a powerful punch.
- Cross Counter Punch (クロスカウンターパンチ Kurosu Kauntā Panchi): Dyna can generate large amounts of energy in his right fist and hurl it, causing great amounts of damage.
- Strong Kick (ストロングキック Sutorongu Kikku): Dyna can deliver a very strong kick.
- Ultra Heel Drop (ウルトラかかと落とし Urutora Kakato Otoshi): A powerful heel kick. Used on Daigerun.
- Backward Kick (後ろ回し蹴り Ushiro Mawashigeri): Dyna performs an over-head kick to the enemy. Used on Imitation Ultraman Dyna.
- Strong Bomb (ストロングボム Sutorongu Bomu): Dyna can perform a powerful diving kick to the enemy. Used on Monsarger.
- Bounce Shooter (バウンスシューター Baunsu Shūtā): Dyna bends his enemy’s head and bend it backward. Used on Jagira.
- Dyna Tornado Attack (ダイナ・トルネードアタック Daina Torunēdo Atakku): Dyna spins himself and drill himself to enemy.
- Strong Scissors (ストロングシザース Sutorongu Shizāsu): Dyna jumps into the air and lands on his enemy’s back. Used on Mogedon.
- Cat Trick (猫だまし Neko Damashi): Dyna performs a loud surprise clap to enemy. Used on Mogedon.
- Burst Lariat (バーストラリアット Bāsuto Rariatto): Dyna gathers energy and grabs onto a specific part of an opponents and removes it from them.
- Throw Dynamics: If allowed, Ultraman Dyna can pick up huge boulders and throw them with incredible accuracy at enemies.
- Dyna Flick: Dyna can flick two of his fingers on the monster's head, releasing blue electricity pulses and scaring them away.
- Hand Slash (ハンドスラッシュ Hando Surasshu): Dyna can fire energy bolts and bullets from his hands.
- Ultra Barrier (ウルトラバリヤー Urutora Bariyā): An energy barrier used to defend himself from enemy attacks.
- Triple Change (トリプルチェンジ Toripuru Chenji): Based on Tiga's Type Change, Dyna can either switch into his Miracle Type or Strong Type during his battles. However unlike Tiga, he can only switch into another Type and back to Flash once per transformation.
- Ultraman Dyna is considered a newer version of Ultraman Tiga, due to their similar appearance and abilities. In fact, when he first appeared he was mistaken for Tiga by most people, the previous team GUTS members immediately recognized him as a different Ultra, however, and a few like Mai.
- Like Tiga, Dyna also had suggested names that were considered terrible, such as "Ultraman Giant" (ウルトラマンジャイアン Urutoraman Jaian) by Nakajima and "Ultraman Super Deluxe" (ウルトラマンスーパーデラックス Urutoraman Sūpā Derakkusu) by Kariya.
- Dyna is the first canon Ultra to have a blue form.
- Ultraman Dyna is the second Ultra to share his voice actor with his human host's actor, Takeshi Tsuruno, who voices his grunts in battle. The first Ultra was Ultraman Taro.
- When Gondo Kihachi sacrificed himself and became energy transferred into Dyna's Color Timer in the battle with Zeluganoid, the sound of the energy transferred into Dyna was reused from Spark Lens's sound when it disintegrated into dust in the final episode of Ultraman Tiga.
- Dyna's Color Timer sound effect in Ultraman Saga was reused from Ultraman Tiga's.
- Dyna's suits (Flash, Miracle, and Strong Type) were reused for all the ancient giants of light in a flashback in Ultraman Tiga: The Final Odyssey.
- Many fans believe that the grunt "Shuah" that Dyna made when he flies away after every battle is inspired by Ultraman 80's since Takeshi Tsuruno, Ultraman Dyna's voice actor and Shin Asuka's actor, said that Ultraman 80 is his favorite Ultra Warrior.
- As with other roles that Bradford Hill voiced in English Dubs (Astra and Hayato Kijima), Dyna is also featured in his Vimeo channel which featured the voiceover role of his characters.
- Ultraman Encyclopedia, 2001