Ultraman Dual (ウルトラマンデュアル Urutoraman Dhuaru) is the titular character of the novel, Ultraman Dual. There are in fact two Ultraman Duals, who are identical in appearance.
The first Dual was Shouhei Katakura, a human who joined the Land of Light Sanctuary, undergoing the Ultra Operation to become an Ultra. He was one of the few new Ultras to have red markings, the sign of combat potential. However, he fell in combat and his position and Ultra name would be taken up by Tadashi. Shouhei was self taught in combat as an Ultra, but he left behind notes that Shin would later study when became the next Ultraman Dual.
A salary man named Shin Tadashi. He previously worked at the shipping company, Vicki's Work before joining the Land of Light Enclave.
After undergoing the Ultra Operation, he took the appearance of Dual, gaining red and black stripes, a sign of his talent as a warrior most likely due to his school days as a delinquent.
- Height: Human to Giant (True height is unknown)
- Weight: Unknown
- Age: 27 years old
- Home World: Planet Earth
- Maximum Flight Speed: Unknown
- Maximum Running Speed: Unknown
- Short Energy: A power that dwells inside of him and has high applicability. He uses it for his various techniques by changing it into various forms.
- Short Strike (ショルト・ストライク Shoruto Sutoraiku): A beam fired from the left hand outstretched in front of the chest. It is described as a Spacium type special light beam
- Short Shot (ショルト・ショット Shoruto Shotto): Beams emitted from the fingertips of the left hand.
- Short Powder (ショルト・パウダー Shoruto Paudā): The energy in the body is converted to powder form and scattered around the user to illuminate the area.
- Despite his power growing through the story, Dual (Shin) was stated by the author to pale in comparison to the Ultra Brothers, who are considered Elites among Elites.