The Neo Frontier Space World version of Ultraman (ウルトラマン Urutoraman) is an Ultra Warrior who somehow didn't have a relation to the Ancient Giants of Light, instead hailing from an alternate version of Nebula M78 present in the Neo Frontier Universe. After sealing Yanakargi beneath a lake in 1965, he returned in 1996 to help Ultraman Tiga fight the Space Dinosaur when the time-travelling alien Charija sought to use the monster for nefarious purposes.
In the year 1965, the hero Ultraman chased the evil monster Yanakargi to Earth and sealed him away in a lake. Meeting Eiji Tsuburaya, he gave him a stone called the Ultra Star, which could summon him no matter where he was in the universe. Following Charija into the past, Daigo of GUTS was too late to stop the evil monster from being freed by its master. The alien controlled the beast and it started to destroy a town until Daigo transformed into Ultraman Tiga. He started to fight, however, the monster was too powerful for him. Yanakargi grabbed him, and started to siphon Tiga's energy, but before Tiga would die, Tsuburaya used the Ultra Star to conjure a red flying orb which struck the monster. The red orb transformed to reveal it was actually Ultraman. Ultraman restored Ultraman Tiga's energy and both used their signature beams to defeat the beast. Before Ultraman left, he saluted Ultraman Tiga, a salutation that connected both universes. Tsuburaya who watched everything and had told his writer about his first encounter with Ultraman went on to create the series that saved his company from going under and kept it going strong well into Daigo's time.
- Height: 40 m
- Weight: 35,000 t (Earth gravitation)
- Travel Sphere: Similar to his original counterpart, he can create an energy sphere covered in red light for transportation purposes.
- Seal: He can create a seal to imprison the monster Yanakagi in a lake.
- Ultra Charge (ウルトラチャージ Urutora Chāji): Like his original counterpart, this Ultraman can also transfer his energy to other Ultras. Used to restore Ultraman Tiga's strength.
- Size Change: Ultraman can turn himself human sized and back to giant sized.
- Spacium Beam: When Ultraman puts his arms in a plus "+" sign, with his right arm vertical and his left one horizontal, he can fire a powerful beam from his right vertical hand that can destroy monsters in one hit.
- Combined Ray: Ultraman can combine his Spacium Beam with Tiga's Zeperion Beam. It was powerful to destroy Yanakargi.
- This is the first instance of an Ultra Warrior who is an alternate counterpart to an Ultra Warrior from the World of the Land of Light.
- His surprising appearance in episode 49 was purposely made to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Ultraman Series. However, given the fact that he appeared in Tiga's universe, he remains a separate character.
- Ultraman's grunts are a high-pitch version of the World of the Land of Light's Ultraman.
- Issei Futamata, the voice of Ultraman, is also the narrator of Ultraman Tiga. This eventually foreshadows Yuji Machi, Tiga's voice actor to narrate the succeeding series Ultraman Dyna.