Ultra Saint Tear is an Ultra who appeared in Ultraman Dual. She is primarily referred to as 'Tear' which is derived from the translation of her real name, which to Earthlings comes to mean "The one who tells tears".
Appearance and Overview
As an Ultra Saint, Tear is an all silver Ultra with no markings. She is described as wearing the clothing of the Ultra Clergy. Her personality is described as noble and a prestigious person, being kind and saintly in demeanor. She commonly spoke in polite language, but has been studying Earth culture to sound more natural. She is also noted of being interested in romance and jealous of a relative's marriage.
Three years before the start of the story, Tear was part of a mission to have peace talks with the Galafian alliance. Her ship was attacked with out any prior response. The Land of Light failed to send backup due to the issues many had with Ultra Saints and the state of the war, but eventually members of the Space Guard arrived to protect her ship, Tear nearly dying in the process while the rest of her crew were killed in the attack.
Eventually the battle moved to Earth where her ship fell, and the warriors sent to protect her all died. Only Tear, her Pigmon companion, and seven Vendalista aliens survived.
- Real Name: "The one who tells tears" (Translation)
- Father: "The one who watches the horizon" (Translation)
- Mother: "The one who controls the history of blue history" (Translation)
- Older Brother: Bridge
- Navigale: Boyfriend
- Basic Ultra Powers: Tear has basic Ultra powers inherent to her being an Ultra. However she is a non combatant, and lacks the power to become a giant, or any real fighting prowess.
- Ultra Operation: Tear has the power to force humans and other humanoid beings to evolve into Ultras.
- Life Force Manipulation: Her natural ability as a 'Saint', she has the power to directly attack a beings life force and kill them without resistence. A stronger life force is harder to kill. The potency of this attack was shown when she slew Saramandora, a monster known for its regeneration. Her power is stated to be the strongest of her family.