|Ultra Fusion Cards|
|User(s):||Gai Kurenai/Ultraman Orb|
Alien Mefilas Don Nostra (Belial Card)
Jugglus Juggler (Belial Card)
|Powers:||Varies per card|
|First Appearance:||Ultraman Orb Episode 1: The Sunset Wanderer (2016)|
The Ultra Fusion Cards (ウルトラフュージョンカード Urutora Fyūjon Kādo) are a series of cards that allow Ultraman Orb to change forms based on the two cards he uses in his Orb Ring. When not in use, he stores them in his Ultra Fusion Card Holder. It is revealed in Ultra Fight Orb that other Ultras can give Gai/Orb their Ultra Fusion Card by sharing some of their light with him.
Dark counterparts of these cards existed in the form of Kaiju Cards which are used by Jugglus to reawaken slumbering King Demon Beasts.
The Ultra Fusion cards were originally the powers of the past Ultra Warriors, who sealed the King Demon Beasts into slumber.
In the present day, Jugglus Juggler tried to awaken them by using the Kaiju Cards as counteracts to the Ultra Fusion Cards by neutralizing their sealing power, allowing the King Demon Beasts to rise once more. After Ultraman Orb defeated them, Gai can harvest their crystals to obtain their cards, placing them under his use.
One peculiar card, which was Ultraman Belial's, was mysteriously placed within Nostra's possession, which was later taken by Jugglus, who dubbed it as the power of the dark king. Belial's cards would later fell into Gai's possession and used as the component for his Ultraman Orb's Thunder Breastar form, though he would only succeed in mastering it with aid of Naomi Yumeno.
The original purpose of the Ultra Fusion Cards were meant to seal King Demon Beasts in their slumbered states. This function can be neutralized through the use of Kaiju Cards, which creates sunspot-like essence that use to block the sealing power of the Ultra Fusion Cards. Once the card is fully blocked, the King Demon Beasts will arise once more and rendering their respective Ultra Fusion Cards useless before Ultraman Orb defeats them.
After obtaining them from defeated King Demon Beasts, Ultraman Orb can change his appearance and abilities based on the two Ultras that are scanned with the Orb Ring. Orb can also obtain an Ultra Fusion Card from its respective Ultra by sharing their light with him. Orb can change his appearance. and abilities based on three Ultras called Trinity Fusion.
Even outside the Orb Ring, Gai Kurenai (Ultraman Orb) can channel the respective Ultra Warriors' powers. This is shown when he used Ultraman's power to block an incoming attack from Alien Zetton Maddock's rifle.
Belial's Fusion Card, aside from allowing Orb to transform into Thunder Breastar, was used to negate the power of Zoffy's card to unseal Maga-Orochi, and allowed Juggler to release the King Demon Beast.
When Ultra Fusion Cards are scanned in the Orb Ring, their respective Ultra Hero representation can manifest in real life, as seen during Gai's real-time transformation into Ultraman Orb Spacium Zeperion and during the Ultimate Supreme Calibur. It is unknown whether the copies are sentient.
Another card, the Orb Origin Card appears to be the deactivated state of the Orbcalibur, where Gai use it to summon the Orbcalibur in order to transform to his original form. When Gai seals away his original form, it appears to be a blank card.
The Ultra Fusion Cards are abbreviated by their own attributes, which symbolize their specialties and association to different elements.
Known Existing Cards
- Ultraman Tiga
- Ultraman Taro
- Ultraman Mebius
- Ultraman Jack
- Ultraman Zero
- Ultraman Belial
- Ultraman Orb Orb Origin
- Ultraman Ginga
- Ultraman Victory
- Ultraman X
Gai's Ultra Hero Special Study
- Ultraman Dyna
- Ultraman Cosmos
- Ultraman Max
- Ultraman Hikari
- Ultraman Gaia
- Ultraman Ace
- Ultraman Agul
- Ultraman Leo
- The Ultra Fusion Cards follow the trend of Cyber Cards as the main key collectibles in this series. The advent of the use of cards has also meant that the series is moving away from the use of Spark Dolls as merchandise.
- The only difference between the series and toy variations is that the series version has the corresponding Ultraman's name written in their kind's language while the product version has it written in Katakana. This difference is shared with the Rider Cards of Kamen Rider Decade and Gosei Cards of Tensou Sentai Goseiger, both of which are Tokusatsu series from Tsuburaya's (and to a lesser extent, Shochiku's) rival company Toei.
- So far, the only attributes that are exclusive to the Kaiju Cards are Wind and All (ゼン (全) Zen). However in Ultraman Fusion Fight!, Ultraman Ginga Victory possess the Wind attribute despite being a fusion.
- Aside from the cards' function as combination power-up for Orb, in the Data Carddass arcade game Ultraman Fusion Fight!, the player can also create past Ultraman combinations through the card themselves.
- One of the peculiar combination is Ultraman Victory and Ultraman Hikari cards into Ultraman Victory Knight. Although this was never a combination, but in Ultra Fight Victory, Hikari is mostly responsible for the transformation as he created the Knight Timbre (which is simultaneously Hikari's Spark Doll in its dormant state), thus making him indirectly combined with Victory in a similar manner to how Ultraman Gaia achieved his Version 2.
- In the DX Orb Ring, Ultraman Mebius and Ultraman Hikari fuse into Ultraman Mebius Brave instead of Phoenix Brave.
- However in Ultraman Fusion Fight!, the opposite happens.
- Scanning Victory's card with certain kaiju causes the Orb Ring to emit a noise for Victory's UlTrans forms.
- During Orb's run, Ultraman 80 was the only titular Ultra to not have a Ultraman Fusion Fight! Orb Fusion correspondent.
|Ultramen Powers, Traits and Objects of Interest|
|Ultra Traits and abilities||Ultraman Title | Ultra Beam | Ultra's Inner Light | Color Timer | Beam Lamp | Crest Weapons | Protectors | Ultra Horns | Bracers | Solar Energy Absorption | Forehead Crystal | Light Crystal | Zenshin Crystals | V Crystals | Ultra Armor | Mental Abilities | Ultra Signs | Human Hosts/Forms | Dimensional Field | Star Marks|
|Ultra related Items||Transformation Items | Specium | Ultra Bracelet | Ultra Array | Ultra Bell | Ultra Key | Max Galaxy | Plasma Spark | Aarb Gear | Techtor Gear | Ultimate Aegis | Spark Dolls | Strium Brace | Ultra Fusion Brace | Knight Timbre | Cyber Cards | MonsArmor | Ultra Fusion Cards | Ultra Fusion Card Holder | Kaiju Cards | Ultra Capsules | Ultra Capsule Holder | Kaiju Capsules | Childhood Radiation | R/B Crystals | R/B Crystal Holder | R/B Crystal Collection Case | Ultra Taiga Accessory|
|Manga Only||Plasma Ore | Ultraman suit | Ultraman Factor|