"Here comes, our-"
- ―Series tagline
"We are Ultramen"
- ―Second tagline
Viewer discretion is advised as strong language is sometimes used.
A spin-off mobile video game titled ULTRAMAN: BE ULTRA was released during Spring 2020 in Japan.
In this world, there once was a figure called the Giant of Light. After completing his mission, he had gone back to his homeland. He had erased all memories relating to him, giving humans the peace they once had. The story is based on a world where the Giant of Light is now the past.
The high schooler, Shinjiro Hayata, notices that he has “special powers”. Unbelievable jumping skills, strength well over humans, and a body too powerfully built were just enough for him to realize he is not “normal”.
One day, he finds out that his father was once Ultraman. Shinjiro who has inherited those genes is one of the few who can wear the Ultra Suit.
"I will say this straight up – I want you to become Ultraman."
A global mass disappearing event takes place among humanity. Rena and Shinjiro simultaneously vanish.
In the wake of these events, freelance journalist Kotaro Higashi investigates this mysterious “disappearance incident.”
The aliens behind it are the terrorist organization Dark Star. They transmit a message to those on Earth. “Give us half of the Earth, or sacrifice half of its people… make your choice”. At the same time, the recently disappeared Rena and Shinjiro are teleported to the Dark Star ship orbiting the Earth.
Learning too much, Kotaro is caught in the crossfire between Dark Star and the SSSP, and is almost left for dead….
In the ﬁnal battle, our heroes face oﬀ against the Golden Fortress. Facing this giant mech destroying the city, ULTRAMAN, SEVEN and TARO are joined by ZOFFY, JACK, and ACE.
At long last the 6 ULTRAMAN heroes have assembled!
- A Power That Does Not Belong On Earth
- An Inevitable Fate
- Being Ultraman Isn't So Bad
- Release the Limiter!
- An Alien Town
- The Curse That Is Ultraman
- Hidden Thoughts
- The Dawn of Truth
- Nice To Meet You, Big Brother
- Star Cluster Council
- Always Stay the Way You Are
- Ace Killer
- The Real Ultraman
- The Man from NY
- Flames of Fury
- The Man without the Light
- Attack on SSSP
- The Golden Fortress
- ULTRAMAN No.6
- Shinjiro Hayata (Ultraman)
- Shin Hayata (Zoffy)
- Dan Moroboshi (Seven)
- Seiji Hokuto (Ace)
- Jack (Jack)
- Kotaro Higashi (Taro)
Aliens and Monsters
- Alien Adacic
- Alien Bris
- Alien Igaru
- Alien Robuton
- Ace Killer Squad
- Black King
- Biological Weapons
- Alien Pedant
- Alien Wadoran
- Alien Llubihc
- Alien Lleb
- Alien Dealer
- Alien Bado
- Golden Fortress
|Character||Japanese Voice||English Voice||Motion Actor|
|Shinjiro Hayata||Ryohei Kimura||Josh Hutcherson||Katsuyuki Yamazaki|
|Shin Hayata||Hideyuki Tanaka||Fred Tatasciore||Teruaki Ogawa|
|Dan Moroboshi||Takuya Eguchi||Liam O'Brien||Shinji Kasahara|
|Seiji Hokuto||Megumi Han||Gunnar Sizemore||Haruka Shibai|
|Rena Sayama||Sumire Morohoshi||Tara Jayne Sands||Haruka Shibai|
|Mitsuhiro Ide||Ken Uo||Brian Palerma||Kaiji Soze|
|Edo||Shigeru Ushiyama||D.C. Douglas||Teruaki Ogawa|
|Jack||Ryota Takeuchi||Robbie Daymond|
|Yosuke Endo||Eiji Hanawa||Chris Edgerly|
|Kurata||Hirokazu Sekido||Lucien Dodge|
|Adad||Kenjiro Tsuda||Steven Jay Blum|
|Bemular||Kaiji Soze||Matthew Mercer||Kaiji Soze|
|Alien Adacic||Yuichi Jose||Xander Mobus|
|Igaru||Tomohiro Yamaguchi||Michael Yurchak|
|Ace Killer||Hiroaki Hirata||Ray Chase|
|Alien Nepenthes||Tarusuke Shingaki||D. C. Douglas|
|Kotaro Higashi||Tomoaki Maeno||Roger Craig Smith|
|Alien Pedant||Junichi Suwabe||Christropher Swindle|
|Izumi||Maaya Sakamoto||Julie Nathanson|
|Maaya||Ayane Sakura||Reba Buhr|
- Directors: Kenji Kamiyama, Shinji Aramaki
- Music: Nobuko Toda, Kazuma Jinnouchi
- Opening Theme:
- Ending Themes:
- Opening Theme:
- Ending Theme:
- Transcending Time
- Artist: Void_Chords feat. Ryohei & Foggy-D
Season 1 of the series was released on Blu-Ray format on June 24, 2020, in a standard release and a limited-edition version through Premium Bandai.
The releases are bundled with the following:
- Extra merchandise (Varies with merchant)
- ULTRAMAN Making Documentary: This Is Our Ultraman
- No-Credits Opening and Ending (TV Version)
- Promotional Video archives
- Work Booklet: ORIGINAL BOOKLET A TYPE
- An exclusive side story for the manga
- Work Booklet: ORIGINAL BOOKLET B TYPE (Limited edition only)
- ULTRAMAN was Netflix Japan's most-watched anime for the year 2019, as well as the sixth-most watched program overall.
- The series was nominated for the Best Direction - TV/Media category in the 47th Annie Awards, held in 2020. Other than that, it was also nominated for and then won the grand prize of the 8th VFX-Japan Award, held in 2020, for Best CGI in the Animation category.
- A crowdfunded live-action trailer was made for the TV rebroadcast for the first season of the series. The fundraising project managed to surpass their goal of 5 million yen, accumulating a total of 8,967,000 yen from 612 supporters.