"Here comes, our-"
- ―Series tagline
"We are Ultramen"
- ―Second tagline
Viewer discretion is advised as strong language is sometimes used.
A spin-off mobile video game titled ULTRAMAN: BE ULTRA was released during Spring 2020 in Japan.
In this world, there once was a figure called the Giant of Light. After completing his mission, he had gone back to his homeland. He had erased all memories relating to him, giving humans the peace they once had. The story is based on a world where the Giant of Light is now the past.
The high schooler, Shinjiro Hayata, notices that he has “special powers”. Unbelievable jumping skills, strength well over humans, and a body too powerfully built were just enough for him to realize he is not “normal”.
One day, he finds out that his father was once Ultraman. Shinjiro who has inherited those genes is one of the few who can wear the Ultra Suit.
“I will say this straight up – I want you to become Ultraman.”
NOTE: These titles are translated from the Japanese titles. In other regions, they are simply labeled by number.
- A Power That Shouldn't Be On This Earth
- An Inescapable Fate
- Being Ultraman Isn't Bad
- Release the Limiter!
- City of Aliens
- The Curse of Ultraman
- Hidden Thoughts
- The Beginning of Truth
- Nice To Meet You, Brother
- Star Cluster Alliance
- You As You Are
- Ace Killer
- A Real Ultraman
- Alien Adacic
- Alien Bris
- Alien Igaru
- Alien Robuton
- Agent Adad
- Ace Killer Squad
- Black King
- Biological Weapons
|Character||Motion Actor||Japanese Voice||English Voice|
|Shinjiro Hayata||Katsuyuki Yamazaki||Ryohei Kimura||Josh Hutcherson|
|Shin Hayata||Teruaki Ogawa||Hideyuki Tanaka||Fred Tatasciore|
|Dan Moroboshi||Shinji Kasahara||Takuya Eguchi||Liam O'Brien|
|Seiji Hokuto||Haruka Shibai||Megumi Han||Gunnar Sizemore|
|Rena Sayama||Haruka Shibai||Sumire Morohoshi||Tara Jayne Sands|
|Mitsuhiro Ide||Kaiji Soze||Ken Uo||Brian Palerma|
|Edo||Teruaki Ogawa||Shigeru Ushiyama||D.C. Douglas|
|Jack||Ryota Takeuchi||Robbie Daymond|
|Yosuke Endo||Eiji Hanawa||Chris Edgerly|
|Kurata||Hirokazu Sekido||Lucien Dodge|
|Adad||Kenjiro Tsuda||Steven Jay Blum|
|Bemular||Kaiji Soze||Kaiji Soze||Matthew Mercer|
|Alien Adacic||Yuichi Jose||Xander Mobus|
|Igaru||Tomohiro Yamaguchi||Michael Yurchak|
|Ace Killer||Hiroaki Hirata||Ray Chase|
|Alien Nepenthes||Tarusuke Shingaki||D. C. Douglas|
- Directors: Kenji Kamiyama, Shinji Aramaki
- Music: Nobuko Toda, Kazuma Jinnouchi
- Opening Theme:
- Ending Themes:
Season 1 of the series was released on Blu-Ray format on June 24, 2020, in a standard release and a limited-edition version through Premium Bandai.
The releases are bundled with the following:
- Extra merchandise (Varies with merchant)
- ULTRAMAN Making Documentary: This Is Our Ultraman
- No-Credits Opening and Ending (TV Version)
- Promotional Video archives
- Work Booklet: ORIGINAL BOOKLET A TYPE
- An exclusive side story for the manga
- Work Booklet: ORIGINAL BOOKLET B TYPE (Limited edition only)
- ULTRAMAN is Netflix Japan's most-watched anime for the year 2019, as well as the sixth-most watched program overall.
- The series was nominated for the Best Direction - TV/Media category in the 47th Annie Awards, held in 2020. Other than that, it also got nominated for and then won the grand prize of the 8th VFX-Japan Award, held in 2020, for Best CGI in the animation category.
- A crowdfunded live-action trailer was made for the TV rebroadcast for the first season of the series. The fundraising project managed to surpass their goal of 5 million yen, accumulating a total of 8,967,000 yen from 612 supporters.