Takkong's Big Counterattack (タッコング大逆襲 Takkongu Dai-Gyakushu) is the second episode of Return of Ultraman.
While going through the various MAT training courses, Hideki Go aces them all garnering perfect scores every time. When the monster Takkong surfaces again sinking a tanker vessel, Go and other MAT members plan to eradicate the beast with torpedoes. During the undersea attack, Go gets trigger happy and nearly gets him and Minami killed. With Minami unconscious, Go tries to change to Ultraman, but fails to do so. The monster retreats and Go is released from MAT duty. He returns to his friend Sakata so as to build his specialized race car, Ryuusei #2; but he doesn't want to work with him, either. Meanwhile, Takkong attacks an oil refinery trapping Minami below ground leaving Captain Kato and his crew helpless to get to him and workers trapped below. Go then comes to save the people who are stuck in the oil refinery Go only saved one then he went back. This time it was on fire. Go beacme Ultraman Jack and killed Takkong with the Spacium Beam.
- Hideki Go (郷 秀樹 Gō Hideki): Jiro Dan (団 時朗 Dan Jirō)
- Takeshi Minami (南猛 Minami Takeshi): Shunsuke Ikeda (池田 駿介 Ikeda Shunsuke)
- Ippei Ueno (上野一平 Uneo Ippei): Mitsui Hatashi
- Yuriko Oka (丘ユリ子 Oka Yuriko): Mika Katsuragi (桂木美加 Katauragi Mika)
- Katsushiro Kato (加藤勝一郎 ): Nobuo Tsukamoto (塚本信夫 Tsukamoto Nobuo)
- Fumio Kishida (岸田文夫 Kishida Fumo): Ken Hishida (西田健 Nishida Ken)
- Jiro Sakata (坂田 次郎 Sakata Jirō): Kawaguchi Hideki (川口英樹 Hideki Kawaguchi)
- Aki Sakata (坂田アキ Sakata Aki): Rumi Sakakibara (榊原るみ Sakakibara Rumi)
- Ken Sakata (坂田健 Sakata Ken): Shin Kishida (岸田 森 Kishida Shin)
Return of Ultraman Vol 1 Episodes 1-4.