Sphere/Sphia (スフィア Sufia), later known as Gransphere (グランスフィア Guransufia), is the main antagonist in the series: Ultraman Dyna. She had four major roles in the series, and later on appeared beside Alien Bat in Ultraman Saga.
- Sphere: Space Spherical (宇宙球体 Uchū Kyūtai)
- Gransphere: Dark Planet (暗黒惑星 Ankoku Wakusei)
Sphere first appeared when Training Squad ZERO were having their first outer space training, in which Asuka got the highest score and successfully tagged Kariya and Ryo. The spheres then proceeded to attack the minor auto-pilot station that they were around and were later driven away. However, they gunned down Asuka's GUTS Wing 1 and had Asuka meet the mysterious light while in space.
While the Spheres began to hail an assault on the TPC Mars Base, they fuse themselves with a Mars mineral which formed Darambia and walked through its way to the base until a new Ultra that would later named as Dyna emerge and fought Darambia. Later, the Ultra and Super GUTS forces battle them until a remaining one left, merging into Giralen and make its way to Super GUTS base until the Ultra vanquished it with his Revolium Wave.
The Spheres, however, absent throughout the rest series until they made their return in episode 35 and near the end of the series where they would be responsible for the creation of synthetic beasts such as Gaigareid, Geomos, Graikis, and finally Zelganoid after fusing with TPC's artificial Ultra, Terranoid.
After Zelganoid was destroyed, the Spheres left to join their sister and Gransphere was formed while eating Pluto. Meanwhile, Super GUTS developes a campaign (Battle Against Spheres (BAS) Campaign) and Ryo flys Asuka home after finding him rescued by Daigo Madoka. During the battle at Saturn, the weapon: Neo-Maxima Cannon, was used to destroy Gransphere's most powerful monster: Neo Gaigeried. However, the cannon was not powerful enough to kill Gransphere and Saturn was lost. A final effort was made to kill Gransphere at Mars. After the battle (read the Shin Asuka article for more on the BAS Campaign), Gransphere was destroyed. But her death would bring a wormhole of a gap between dimensions to existence. After Dyna was sucked into it, her victims were released and the another wormhole opened, to the Land of Light.
In the sequence of events between Ultraman Dyna and Ultraman Saga, Gransphere was destroyed in the last episode of Dyna. However, several survivor Spheres existed and attack the TPC Mars Base again as they have done in the first episode of Dyna, only to be driven off by Super GUTS. However, during the raid, several were captured by Alien Bat and later fed to the developing Hyper Zetton, Hyper Zetton (Gigant), in a form that is rather gruesome; having Gigant Zetton's spikes penetrate the Spheres completely before draging them in for feeding.
Later in the final battle between Hyper Zetton and Ultraman Saga, the former summoned several Spheres from its body and used them to awaken the modified Kaiju that Alien Bat created.
- Height: Varies
- Weight: Varies
- Origin: Space
- Powers and Weapons
- Separation/Combination: Sphere can separate and combine at will.
- Heal: When combined end to end, Spheres can fire a beam to heal others of their kind, even if they have morphed into a Kaiju.
- Morph: Sphere can morph with soulless, energy rich objects to turn into a Synthetic Sphere Beast.
- Laser: Sphere can fire yellowish/green lasers from themselves.
- Self Duplicate: Sphere can duplicate itself at will.
- Height: 12,756 km
- Weight: Unknown
- Origin: Near Pluto
- Powers and Weapons
- Absorb: Gransphere can absorb entire planets into itself with enough force to create a black hole. While doing this will gives off lightning. The wormhole will also temporarily appeared before it vanished after her death.
- Telepathy: Gransphere can communicate with others telepathically.
- Sonic Blasts: Gransphere can fire red sonic blasts from its "mouth".
- Barrier: Gransphere has a barrier on it's from that moves beams and projectiles sideways unless hits it directly into its "mouth".
- Monster Illusions: Gransphere can create illusions of past monsters that Dyna fought but they were easily seen destroyed by the Ultra's Flash Cycler.
- Gransphere is a tribute to Vacuumon for their appetite of planets.
|Ultraman Zero Kaiju|
|Ultraman Zero The Movie: Super Deciding Fight! The Belial Galactic Empire||Alien Esmeralda Emerana Lourdes | Iaron | Darkgone | Legionoid | Delust | Brigante | Two-Dimensional People | Darklops | Malebrandes | Arch Belial|
|Ultraman Zero Gaiden: Killer the Beatstar||Beatstar | Rei's Gomora | Ace Killer | Inpelaizer | King Joe | Rei's Litra | Alien Bat|
|Ultraman Saga||Hyper Zetton | Alien Bat | Sphere | Gubila | Gomess (S) | Arstron | Legionoid | Chaos Header 0 | Lidorias | Bolgils | Mogrudon | Golmede | Mienin | Eligal|
|Ultra Zero Fight||Bemular | Telesdon | Gudon | Sadola | Gurashie | Red King | Galberos | Gan-Q | Bemstar | Pigmon Moroboshi-kun | Alien Mefilas Sly | Alien Hipporit Jatar | Alien Temperor Villainous | Alien Groza Grocken | Alien Deathre Deathlogue | Silvergon | Fanegon People | Tyrant | Armored Darkness | Kaiser Darkness|