|This article pertains to a piece of media set to be released in the future. Few details are known at this point of time hence the short length of the page and its general incompleteness. The article will be updated as new information arises.|
Shin Ultraman: A Special-Effects Fantasy Movie (シン・ウルトラマン 空想特撮映画 Shin Urutoraman: Kūsō Tokusatsu Eiga), or simply Shin Ultraman (シン・ウルトラマン Shin Urutoraman), is an upcoming movie set to be released in 2021, co-produced between Tsuburaya Productions, Toho Company and Khara inc. It is stated to be a movie adaptation of the original Ultraman series.
The movie will be written and produced by Hideaki Anno, who is most well known for his work on the Evangelion franchise and more recently, Shin Godzilla. Anno will be fully attached to the project after completing his work on Evangelion 3.0+1.0. Anno's long time partner and colleague Shinji Higuchi, who also directed Shin Godzilla, will be the movie's director.
The first draft of the script was reportedly completed on Feburary 5th, 2019.
Takumi Saito has been cast as the film's main character, who becomes Ultraman, and Masami Nagasawa has been cast as his partner.
On November 23, 2019, Director Shinji Higuchi announced at the 2nd Atami Kaiju Film Festival that filming for the movie has already been completed.
Ultraman's new design and the movie's title card were revealed at Tsuburaya Convention 2019.
- Takumi Saito
- Masami Nagasawa
- Hidetoshi Nishijima
- Daiki Arioka
- Akari Hayami
- Tetsuji Tanaka
- Koji Yamamoto
- Ryo Iwamatsu
- Keishi Nagatsuka
- Kyusaku Shimada
- Toru Masuoka
- Hajime Yamazaki
- Soko Wada
- Producer/Writer: Hideaki Anno
- Director: Shinji Higuchi
- Music: Shiro Sagisu
- Shin Ultraman is not Anno's first project relating to the Ultra Series; in fact, one of the first productions by what would eventually become Gainax (Anno's production studio), then called Daicon, was Return of Ultraman, a short fan-made film produced in 1983.
- ↑ https://m-78.jp/news/post-5190/
- ↑ https://en.tsuburaya-prod.co.jp/news/1397
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 https://www.khara.co.jp/2019/08/01/01/
- ↑ https://natalie.mu/eiga/news/341956
- ↑ https://m-78.jp/news/post-5251/
- ↑ https://en.tsuburaya-prod.co.jp/news/1470
- ↑ https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20191123-00010005-encount-movi
- ↑ https://mantan-web.jp/article/20191214dog00m200002000c.html
- ↑ https://en.tsuburaya-prod.co.jp/news/1680