Seagorath (シーゴラス Shīgorasu) is a Kaiju from the tokusatsu TV series, Return of Ultraman. Seagorath appeared in episodes 13, 14, and 37.
Subtitle: Tornado Monster (竜巻怪獣 Tatsumaki Kaijū)
Seagorath was designed after a rooster, while Seamons is based on a hen to further relate their tie as a couple.
Return of Ultraman
Appearing late one night with his mate, the two monsters Seagorath and Seamons attacked a ship full of diamonds and gems by using their weather-controlling powers. After attacking, they disappeared beneath the waves.
Later on, Seamons was having some trouble on land, as she was confronted by MAT, and so she called out to her mate. Seagorath heard the call and emerged from the bottom of the ocean to aid her. Using his own weather control powers, Seagorath created a tsunami hundreds of feet tall and directed it towards Japan. Hideki Go transformed into Ultraman Jack then created an Ultra Barrier and successfully repelled the tsunami back at Seagorath subduing the monster, but lost most of his energy in the process. Seamons easily knocked around Jack, forcing him to leave. MAT then realized that Seamons and Seagorath are trying to mate and use the diamonds for preparation.
Later that day, Seamons was attacked again, this time by Japan's SDF. Seagorath soon appeared himself hearing Seamons call again and both mates used their powers to create a tornado to eliminate the SDF. To ensure they wouldn't attack his mate again, Seagorath stayed with his mate on dry land and the two began their mating process. The next day, Ultraman Jack returned to battle once again but he had a very difficult time dealing with both Seamons and Seagorath and their combined weather controlling powers. Luckily, a newly-tested Laser Gun SP-70 was created by MAT and fired at Seagorath's massive horn, successfully destroying it. Without their advantage of Seagorath's weather control, both mates retreated back into the ocean.
Many months later, Alien Nackle revived both Seagorath and Bemstar to test Jack's strength in battle. Re-Seagorath (再生シーゴラス Saisei Shīgorasu) created another gigantic Tsunami, but like before Jack used his Ultra Barrier to repel the wave, and then proceeded to fight Seagorath. He then fired his Spacium Beam, destroying Seagorath's horn. Although never shown, Go's dialogue revealed that he had killed Seagorath after firing its horn.
- Suit actor: Toya Takanobu
- The explanation of how Seagorath and Seamons are mates is left unknown, but the two are probably of the same species, with the dramatic difference in size between the two monsters being a case of exaggerated sexual dimorphism, in which an organism's biological gender can be determined through numerous phenotypical differences, including size, colouration, vocalisations and other aspects.
- What exactly happened to Seagorath after his first fight with Ultraman Jack is a mystery, it is assumed he died as he was "revived" by Alien Nackle along with Bemstar, however this is only displayed as stock footage from their previous episode appearances.
- The 2002 magazine Ultraman Pictorial even acknowledged this ambiguity in regards to Re-Seagorath. In certain magazines, it is called as Seagorath (Revived) (シーゴラス（再生） Shīgorasu (Saisei)).
- While not appearing in the series himself, a silhouette of Seagorath is seen in the opening of Ultraman Ace.
- Seagorath was originally going to appear in this series (in episodes 7 and 8), but for some reason was replaced by Muruchi instead.
- Seagorath's head and horn were used to form the chimera monster, Tyrant.
- Seagorath and Seamons were seen in flashbacks of episode 14 of Return of Ultraman in episode 34 of Ultraman Leo.
- Belyudra's right hand.
- Seagorath's roar would later be modified for the Ultraman 80 kaiju, Hoe.
- His appearence in Return of Ultraman was referenced by Ultraman Taro in New Ultraman Retsuden episode 12 as the monster that makes up Tyrant's head and horn.
- It is stated in a Japanese magazine at the time, that both Seagorath and Seamons returned to the ocean floor and had a few children called Minigoras.
- Seagorath was a part of Alien Empera's monster army during the Ultimate Wars.
- Seagorath, alongside his mate Seamons, appears in the 1984 South Korean film The Flying Monster (released in the US as War of the God Monsters) via stock footage.
Seagorath was a combatant of the Dark Spark War until he was turned into a Spark Doll by Dark Lugiel. He was first seen in the Ultraman Ginga Theater Special as a Spark Doll in Alien Icarus's left hand. After stealing the rest of the Spark Dolls from Misuzu Isurugi, Seagorath, along with Red King, Baraba, Bemstar, Hanzagiran, and King Crab, was dark lived by Alien Icarus along with himself to form Tyrant. When Tyrant was defeated by Hikaru Raido as Ultraman Tiga and Tomoya Ichijouji as Jean-Nine, all of the monsters, including Seagorath, were turned back into Spark Dolls and were then collected by Hikaru and his friends.
It is likely that he returned to space in his original form after Ultraman Ginga defeated Dark Lugiel.
- In the special Ginga the Live!, Seagorath along with the other Tyrant monsters (except Alien Icarus) help to host along with Gomora and Alien Godola.
- Height: 62 m
- Weight: 52,000 t
- Origin: Western New Guinea
- Weakness: Seagorath needed to sync his horn with Seamons' in order to manipulate weathers. Should one of their horn was perished, they will lose their abilities.
- Powers and Weapons
- Weather Control: With the use of his horn, Seagorath is capable of controlling and manipulating the weather. He can kick up fierce storms and hurricanes and also create deadly tidal waves. When in the area of his mate, Seamons, this power is increased to the point where they can both devastate entire cities in mere minutes, creating tsunamis, tornadoes, sand and lightning storms, hurricanes, etc. As Re-Seagorath, it can independently summon a tsunami without Seamons' presence.
- Horn Energy Lightning Bolts: Seagorath can fire a powerful, shocking beam-like bolt of electrical energy released from his nasal horn. This horn lightning bolt can both shock foes and create explosions.
- Adept Swimmer: Seagorath can swim at 98 knots.
- Exceptional Hearing: Seagorath's hearing capabilities are extremely efficient, and he is able to hear noises from a great distance away. This was shown when he was able to hear Seamons's cries for help in Japan when he was over 4,500 kilometres away in New Guinea.
Seagorath became a Spark Doll in the conclusion of the Dark Spark War due to the Dark Spark's powers. His Spark Doll fell to Mt. Furuboshi in the Ultraman Ginga Theater Special along with all of the other Spark Dolls that make up Tyrant.
After Dark Lugiel's defeat, Seagorath's Spark Doll is likely to have reverted back to its original form and departed Earth to return home.
- Height: 14 cm
- Weight: 150 g
- In the Theater Special, Alien Icarus DarkLived Red King, all of the other Spark Dolls that make up Tyrant and himself to form Tyrant. All of the Spark Dolls were turned back to normal after Alien Icarus lost against Hikaru Raido, who UltraLived into Ultraman Tiga, and Tomoya Ichijouji, inside Jean-Nine, with a combination of Tiga throwing Tyrant's energized hook right back at him and Jean-Nine performing Jean Stardust on him.
Seagorath was released 2 times in the Ultra Monster Series. Both having the same design and color one has a yellow belly and the other has a orange belly and both have yellow horns instead of white and have a great texture. He has 4 points of articulation. In 2013 he is released as part of the Ultra Monster 500 series. He has a more colored yellow belly, lighter in color and has a smoother texture and a white horn. He also has 4 points of articulation and is #16 in the series.
Return of Ultraman
|Return of Ultraman Kaiju|
|Takkong | Zazahn | Arstron | Sadola | Detton | Kingsaurus III | Gudon | Twin Tail | Gorbagos | Ghostron | Dangar | Stegon | Mognezun | Shugaron | Seamons | Seagorath | Eledortus | Terochilus | Bemstar | Sartan | Magnedon | Beacon | Gokinezula | Zanika | Vacuumon | Kupukupu | Kingstron | Zagoras | Nokogilin | Gronken | Varricane | Yadokarin | Oxter | Plooma | Alien Zelan | King Maimai | Alien Mates | Muruchi | Leogon | Pris-Ma | Draculas | Re-Seagorath | Re-Bemstar | Black King | Alien Nackle | Alien Varduck | Alien Black | Snowgon | Alien Baltan Jr. | Builgamo | Alien Stora | Paragon | Alien Grotes | Kodaigon | Granadas | Alien Centaurus | Robonez | Alien Cygnus-61 | Alien Messie | Alien Zoole | Red Killer | Femigon | Yametaranese | Sasahiller | Alien Ateria | Alien Mysteler | King Bockle | Alien Bat | Zetton II|