Reycura (レイキュラ Reikyura) is a sentient sea statue that appeared in Ultraman Cosmos.
Subtitle: Ancient Sea God (古代海神 Kodai wadatsumi)
- Height: 46 m
- Weight: 79,000 t
- Origin: Underneath the sea floor of Otofue
Reycura is a gigantic sculpture created by an ancient civilization centuries ago and glorified as a sea god. If a magic conch shell was detached, the sculpture would rise and terrorize the humans out of anger. However, Doigaki's friend on a archaeological site accidentally detached the conch shell, causing the monster itself arise and attack the humans. Musashi transformed into Cosmos and held off the sculpture while giving Doigaki and his friend time to put the shell back. Afterward, the sculpture stopped and returned to its original position.
- Reycura may have been based on Kodaigon.
Powers and Weapons
- Fist Stone: Reycura can launch explosive stones from his fists. A few hits from these stones can easily bring down the likes of Ultraman Cosmos.
- Flight: Reycura can fly at medium speeds or for high jumps. He can use this to catch aerial enemies off guard and quickly ram himself into them.
- Adept Swimmer: Reycura can move easily underwater.
- Durability: Being made of stone, Reycura can withstand assaults without flinching.
Reycura will become immobile and return to its original position if a magic conch shell is returned to a special ocean shrine.