- ―Activation announcement for Kiwami Crystal.
"The power of brothers become one!"
- ―Transformation announcement for Kiwami Crystal.
"Rise Up! The Ultimate Power!"
- ―Finisher announcement for Kiwami Crystal
- ―Activation announcement for Makoto Crystal.
"Overlap! The Three Souls!"
- ―Transformation announcement for Makoto Crystal.
"Shine! The Light of Hope!"
- ―Finisher announcement for Makoto Crystal
In order to save Frau from the Balsas Gang and their monster Margodon, Grigio and her brothers climbed up the Warrior's Peak of Planet O-50, where they received the Gyros and R/B Crystals from the Voice of Light. Their initial crystals were those of Taro, Ginga and Grigio Bone, but they received more from each battles and missions. Incidentally, their home planet Sanja had crystals of Ultraman and Belial due to their representative nature of endless conflicts between light and shadow. Despite their massive powers, the brothers fail to use it as their hearts are not linked to their sister.
1300 years ago, Grigio (as Grigio Bone) alongside Ultraman Blu and Ultraman Rosso crashed down towards Earth after being defeated by Leugocyte. The Ultras dispersed into R/B Crystals and left their sister behind, who mourned over their deaths.
The crystals of Ultraman and Belial were shown to be in the hands of Saki Mitsurugi, who later gives them to Asahi Minato. Although Katsumi and Isami previously failed to harness the crystals' power while fighting Grigio King, they were able to do so during the rematch and transform into Ultraman Ruebe via the Kiwami Crystal.
Although Mio Minato succeeded in sealing Leugocyte into a R/B Crystal, Saki claimed the crystal while revealing her intentions of summoning Leugocyte to destroy it alongside herself and the Earth. Leugocyte’s crystal activates itself after Ruebe was defeated by Grigio Regina, cancelling out Saki's transformation and assume its true form via Saki's Gyro. Once Asahi realized her origins being the embodiment of the Makoto Crystal, she transformed into it after defending her brothers and they finally destroyed Leugocyte via the Shin Vortex Buster.
Each crystals function differently according to its power containment:
- Ultra: The R/B Crystals that contain the powers of Ultra Warriors allow Rosso and Blu to access different forms based on elemental powers. Additionally, they can also channel the crystals' powers through their R/B Sluggers. For this to work, the Minato brothers need to flip its horns based on their Ultramen counterparts. In certain cases however, there are crystals which that yield different results upon activation. One such example being the Orb Origin Crystal, which transforms into the Orb Ring NEO. While the canon status of this situation is still debatable, the second stage show of Ultraman Festival 2018 revealed that energies from mankind's cheers can summon an Ultra Warrior (Tiga in this case) from any R/B Crystal.
- Kaiju: These crystals so far only representing the embodiment of a Kaiju. Through the Gyro, they can either be summoned or transformed from their user. A summoned Kaiju would only be regressed to their crystals should they be defeated or commanded to retreat, whereas transformed version allows their user to revert at will. Makoto shows no necessity to flip the crystals' horns, since he is not an Ultraman by natural means.
Each Ultra and Kaiju R/B crystal has an attribute unique to itself, which symbolizes their association with their respective elements. For a full list, please see R／B Crystals/List of Crystals.
Known Existing Crystals
- Ultraman Taro
- Ultraman Ginga
- Ultraman Zero
- Ultraman X
- Ultraman Tiga
- Ultraman Orb
- Spacium Zeperion
- Orb Origin (currently the Orb Ring NEO)
- Ultraman Victory
- Ultraman Belial
- Kiwami Crystal
- New Generation Heroes Crystal
- Makoto Crystal
- Grigio Bone
- Black King
- Red King
- Mecha Gomora
- Grigio King
- King Joe
- Grand King Megalos
- Grigio Regina
- Blank crystal
- The R/B Crystals' outer frame resembles both Rosso and Blu's Color Timers.
- The damaged Orb Origin Crystal's outer frame resembles the X Devizer after being struck by Zaigorg's red lightning beam.
- It's worth noting that the crystals which depict pictures of their respective Ultra Warriors don't actually contain the Ultra's powers. This is in contrast to the former New Generation items.
- Unlike most other R/B Crystals, the Kiwami Crystal only has the face of Ruebe instead of an entire upper body shot. The horns are also folded forwards instead of backwards, which form the entire face while hiding the kanji for Kiwami.
- The Kiwami Crystal has the face of Ultraman Ruebe on the back of its middle horn and his name written in the language of M78 on the back of the side horns.
- Exclusively in the Ultraman R/B novel, crystals depicting monsters are called Kaiju Crystals (怪獣クリスタル Kaijū Kurisutaru). On this wiki, they are not given a separate page due to them not being called those in-show or in merchandise, unlike the Kaiju Cards and Kaiju Capsules before them.
|Ultra Powers, Traits, and Objects of Interest|
|Powers and Traits||Ultraman Title | Ultra Beam | Ultra's Inner Light | Color Timer | Beam Lamp | Sluggers | Protectors | Ultra Horns | Bracers and Bracelets | Solar Energy Absorption | Forehead Crystal | Light Crystal | Body Crystals | Ultra Armor | Mental Abilities | Ultra Language | Human Hosts/Forms | Dimensional Field | Star Marks | Baradhi|
|Ultra-Related Items||Transformation Item | Spacium | Ultra Bell | Ultra Key | Ultra Mind | Plasma Spark | Ultlive | Childhood Radiation|
|Series Collectibles and Holders||Spark Dolls | Cyber Cards | Ultra Fusion Cards | Ultra Fusion Card Holder | Kaiju Cards | Ultra Capsules | Ultra Capsule Holder | Kaiju Capsules | R/B Crystals | R/B Crystal Holder | R/B Crystal Collection Case | Ultra Taiga Accessories | Ultra Access Cards | Ultra Medals | Z Holder | Kaiju Medals|
|Other Media||Plasma Ore | Ultraman Suit | Ultraman Factor|