Piccolo (ピッコロ Pikkoro) was an alien that is based on Pinocchio that first appeared in episode 46 of Ultraman Taro. A prince of his home planet, Piccolo happened to visit Earth by travelling on a periodic comet, where he befriended a human and discovered the truth about Kotaro Higashi. After being enraged by the cruelty of humans after his friend's pet rabbit was harmed, he took out his anger on a city, but fortunately calmed down after Taro engaged him in battle.
Subtitle: Naughty Alien (わんぱく宇宙人 Wanpaku Uchūjin)
Piccolo was a youngster that liked to travel who also happened to be a prince from the planet Piccolo in the Nebula Picala. He came to Earth on the Hertz comet, a comet that shows up in the solar system once every 60 years, because he heard from his friend that particular comet will travel very far and decided to travel on that comet to visit Earth. When he noticed a small child and his rabbit, he accidentally fell off the comet and eventually crashed landed in Japan. He made himself at home at a tower and helped the child and his rabbit from before with transportation powers to keep the poor creature out of harms way and to keep the child happy. In the process, Piccolo shared a psychic bond with the rabbit. Piccolo kept a low profile from the attack team ZAT, especially when he realized that one of them, Kotaro Higashi, was actually Ultraman Taro in human form.
After he flew across the city, and observed other humans, Piccolo decided to return home, but he soon realised that the rabbit had been poisoned, as a result of the link he had created. Enraged by this act of cruelty, Piccolo grew giant and began to destroy the city with his hammer, with his human friend cheering him on. ZAT immediately responded to the massacre by attacking Piccolo, but with little success.
After exchanging fire with ZAT, Piccolo announced to the members of ZAT that Kotaro was Taro's host, but nobody believed him. During this confusion, Kotaro decided it was time to transform and take matters into his own hands, and Taro arrived. The two giants were evenly matched in close combat, but Piccolo kept the Ultra at bay with his hammer and cannon. Taro tried to convince the alien that not all humans were evil, but Piccolo refused to listen, believing the giant of light's words to be lies. In the end, Piccolo eventually realized the error of his ways and decided to concede. The alien prince then asked the Ultra Warrior to help him return home, and Taro agreed, sending him back to his comet, then accompanying him to his home planet.
- Despite that fact he is an alien, he is referred to by ZAT as a monster after growing large.
- Voice: Kyōda Hisako.
- Suit actor: Yoshimura Keibun.
- Height: 30 cm ~ 61 m
- Weight: 40 kg ~ 20,000 t
- Origin: Planet Piccolo
- Powers and Weapons
- Cannon: Piccolo can fire explosive projectiles from his nose. These projectiles are on the same level as normal missiles.
- Saw Hat (ノコギリハット Nokogiri Hatto): The hat on Piccolo's head can be removed and thrown, While it travels, it will generate energy teeth while rotating at high speed.
- Psychic Link: Piccolo can create a psychic link between himself and another organism, allowing him to detect when that organism is in danger.
- Hammer: Piccolo is equipped with a massive hammer that he can use to crush and smash things.
- Size Change: Piccolo can increase his size from that of a human's to a towering creature's.
- Teleportation: Piccolo can teleport any object or organism a short distance away at will.
- Ultra-Show Scope: Piccolo is equipped with miniature telescope that will show the human host of an Ultraman.