Passport to Infinity is the 17th episode of Ultraman.
A professor studies a blue meteorite he discovered during an expedition when suddenly it begins to move and transports him away. Later another meteor is found, a red one, by another scientist, who begins to experiment on it. Eventually, with the help of the Science Patrol, it is discovered that the fragments possess reality-altering capabilities, and Patrol members begin to study it further.
After some accidents take place involving the fragments's warping abilities with the scientists, the fragments are placed together and locked up within Science Patrol HQ in hopes of avoiding any additional problems--but doing this proves to be a mistake that only worsens the main problem.
For once brought together, the fragments combine and create a giant creature, callec Bullton, from within Science Patrol HQ. Once free, Bullton uses its evil warping powers to meddle with the Science Patrol's affairs, trapping everyone in another dimension, with the exceptions of Akiko Fuji and her brother Hoshino, both of whom were outside HQ at the moment of Bullton's formation. Fuji calls for backup, in the form of Japan's Self-Defense Force, to fight against Bullton.
Unfortunately, Bullton instead uses its reality-warping abilities to swap vehicles from their positions; it suspends tanks in the air and strands jets on the ground. While the SDF can do nothing to harm Bullton, its personnel do manage to lead it away from the Science Patrol's HQ, thereby allowing Shin Hayata to ignite the Beta Capsule, and thus transform himself into Ultraman.
However, once it is in combat with Ultraman, Bullton uses its warping capabilities to confuse and outsmart him from harming it, eventually trapping the hero underground. More fortunately, Ultraman fights back and, after resurfacing, he creates his own temporal-spatial rips and tears; these damage Bullton's antennae, stunning the creature. Taking advantage of the opportunity, Ultraman fires his Specium Beam at Bullton twice. This reduces Bullton to a smaller, and weaker, rock which Ultraman then loses no time in picking up and destroying it by crushing it with his bare hand.
After Bullton is destroyed, Hoshino joins the Science Patrol after Muramatsu and Fuji express their thoughts that he should be rewarded for how he had found out the truth about Bullton.
- Toshio Muramatsu (ムラマツ・トシオ Muramatsu Toshio): Akiji Kobayashi (小林 昭二 Kobayashi Akiji)
- Shin Hayata (ハヤタ シン Hayata Shin): Susumu Kurobe (黒部 進 Kurobe Susumu)
- Akiko Fuji (フジ アキコ Fuji Akiko): Hiroko Sakurai (櫻井 浩子 Sakurai Hiroko)
- Daisuke Arashi (アラシ・ダイスケ Arashi Daisuke): Sandayū Dokumamushi (毒蝮 三太夫 Dokumamushi Sandayū)
- Mitsuhiro Ide (イデ・ミツヒロ Ide Mitsuhiro): Masanari Nihei (二平 政成 Nihei Masanari)
- Isamu Hoshino (ホシノ・イサム Hoshino Isamu): Akihide Tsuwaza (津沢 彰秀 Tsuzawa Akihide)
- Bullton (First appearance)
- Ultraman Volume 5 Features Episodes 17-20.
- Ultraman Complete Series Features All Episodes.