Subtitle: Nightmare Monster (悪夢魔獣 Akumu Ma-jū)
- Height: 62 m
- Weight: 62,000 t
- Origin: Kuzuryu Village
Night Fang was a monster that induced nightmares in humans through sound waves. It arrived in ancient times at Kuzuryu Village during a solar eclipse, and caused disasters. However, the villagers were protected as long as they gave it human sacrifices. These sacrifices eventually led the village to go off the map as all the visitors, and the villagers themselves, sacrificed themselves to Night Fang. It was sealed into a mountain by a shaman, who used the power of a shining sword formed from the energy of the Earth to trap it within a mountain. The village remained populated by the spirits of those sacrificed to Night Fang.
Many years later, it is both revered and feared by the villagers, who call it by the name Akame-sama (
As soon as it landed, Night Fang emitted sound waves from its third eye, causing everyone in the vicinity to fall asleep and get trapped in nightmares, which Night Fang fed off of. Luckily, Pirika Asahikawa, who was still awake due to wearing headphones that muffled out the sounds, woke the city up using a noise cancelling wave. Hiroyuki Kudo quickly transformed into Taiga, but was still not a match for Night Fang. Seeing this, Ai Tennoji went to aid Taiga by drawing out the remains of the Earth energy within Night Fang, to summon the sword of light that once sealed it away, and granted it to Taiga. The Taiga Key Holder reacted with it and absorbed its energy, transforming Taiga into his new form, Photon-Earth. With the power of the Earth within him, Taiga trounced Night Fang and destroyed it once and for all with the Aurum Strium. From its remains, the Night Fang Ring emerged and was retrieved by Hiroyuki.
Night Fang returned when Kirisaki summoned it from its Kaiju Ring to stop Ultraman Fuma and Ultraman Titas from reaching Taiga, who had been corrupted by Ultraman Tregear. However, Titas, Fuma and Hiroyuki had managed to rescue Taiga from the darkness, granting him his newest from - Tri-Strium. Using the Taiga Tri Blade, Taiga finished off Night Fang by slashing it repeatedly.
- Designer: Daisuke Inomoto
- According to director Makoto Kamiya, Night Fang is designed after the creatures from the Cthulhu Mythos. Based on its design and backstory, Night Fang is mostly likely to resemble Cyäegha, a Great Old One that was imprisoned while still having its own cult of followers from the outside world.
- Like Gatanothor, another monster based on the Cthulhu Mythos, Night Fang's mouth is located above its (main) eyes.
Ultraman Taiga The Movie: New Generation Climax
Night Fang is set to reappear in the movie.
Powers and Weapons
- Nightmare Wave (ナイトメアウェイブ Naitomea Ueibu): Night Fang's crest opens to reveal a third eye, which then releases sound waves that can induce nightmares. This effect can be negated by drowning out the noise through headphones, mufflers or noise-cancelling waves but for some reason Kirisaki is unaffected as well. They are also strong enough to knock back an Ultra.
- Nightmare Absorption: Night Fang feeds off the nightmares people have.
- Fang Volball (ファングヴォルボール Fangu Vorubōru): Night Fang shoots fireballs from the top of its head. These fireballs are strong enough to defeat an Ultra, even if their Color Timer is at full power.
- Flight: Night Fang uses its wings to fly.
- Durability: Night Fang's hide is shown to be rather tough as it could shrug off Taiga's Aqua Blaster and continue flying.
- Tentacles: Night Fang uses its tentacles to grab, whip and batter opponents.