Namegon (ナメゴンUltra Q.) is a slug-like Kaiju that appears in episode 3 of
Subtitle: Mars Monster (火星怪獣 Kasei Kaijū)
As mankind continued to fight amongst itself, it also began to explore the limitless depths of space. Reaching as far out as Mars, humanity began to threaten other races with its own recklessness. A rocket that was sent to Mars crash landed off the coast of Japan where two golden spheres, discovered on the red planet, were stolen by a pair of thieves. While one sphere would be dropped and then recovered by Ippei, the other was taken to the thieves’ hideout in a cave. Accidentally dropping the golden orb, the pair released a hideous monster on the world when the orb hatched into Namegon once falling into a hot spring!
Roaring aloud, the slug-like monster killed the thieves with its eye beams. Soon the monster broke out of the mountain, challenging the people around it! As Ippei and Yuriko flee with the soldiers and civilians, the creature takes chase and accidentally falls off the cliff, splashing into the ocean below! The alien’s body is quickly dissolved, leaving the stunned world to wonder what it was.
Not long after, as Ippei, Yuriko, and Professor Ichi-no-tani discuss what the creature could have been, the second orb, being worn by Yuriko as a pendant, began to grow once close to a heat source! They quickly realize what it was and threw it out the window. Not long after, the second Namegon emerges, ready to challenge the world. The monster would quickly be dealt with much like the first, but the statement made by the rulers of Mars was loud and clear: stay away
- In episode 22 of Ultraman Mebius, Namegon is referenced briefly while logs on a Mars expedition are being looked over.
- Namegon is one of the monster that makes up Belyudra's right arm in Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legends The Movie.
- Namegon shares his roar with Toho Monsters, Varan and Baragon.
- According to an interview, the mechanism used to make Namegon crawl was borrowed from one of Toho's Mothra larva puppets.
A Namegon was wrecking havoc in America with the GAF of America failing to capture the giant slug, leaving it to continue its rampage for over two weeks. STORAGE was contacted and used their anti-monster robot, Sevenger in its first ever mission, defeating the menace of Namegon and proving to GAFJ that giant robots were viable in the combat against monsters.
- Height: 30 m
- Weight: 10,000 t
- Origin: Mars - Okura Island
- Weakness: Namegon will dissolve rapidly when exposed to salt for its slug-like features.
- Powers and Weapons
- Eye Beams: Namegon can fire beams of wavy energy from its eyes. These beams can kill a man on contact, but don’t have any real explosive force.