Mother of Ultra (ウルトラの母 Urutora no Haha) is the commander of the Silver Cross Aid (銀十字軍 Gin Jūji-gun), a medical relief unit for the Inter Galactic Defense Force. She is the mother of Taro, and her husband is the Father of Ultra. Her real name is Ultrawoman Marie (ウルトラウーマンマリー Urutoraūman Marī).
- 1 History
- 1.1 Ultimate Wars
- 1.2 Ultraman Story
- 1.3 Ultraman Taro
- 1.4 Ultraman Leo
- 1.5 Ultraman Mebius
- 1.6 Ultraman Mebius Gaiden: Hikari Saga
- 1.7 Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legends The Movie
- 1.8 Ultraman Zero The Movie: Super Deciding Fight! The Belial Galactic Empire
- 1.9 Ultraman Geed
- 1.10 Ultraman Geed The Movie: Connect the Wishes!
- 1.11 Ultra Galaxy Fight: The Absolute Conspiracy
- 1.12 Ultra Galaxy Fight: The Destined Crossroad
- 2 Counterparts
- 3 Profile
- 4 Other Media
- 5 Merchandise
- 6 Trivia
- 7 References
During the Ultimate Wars with Alien Empera, Ultrawoman Marie was the leader of the Silver Cross Aid, a medical group formed during the war. In the midst of Ultraman Ken and Ultraman Belial's confrontation against Alien Empera, Marie passed the Ultimate Blade to Ken, which helped him unleash his hidden power and drive Empera away by wounding him. Marie and Ken eventually married, and became known as Mother of Ultra and Father of Ultra respectively as the Inter Galactic Defense Force. Later on, Marie adopted Ultraman Ace, the son of her husband's deceased friend. During the events of the Revolt of Belial, Mother of Ultra was seen helping other Ultras and a young Zoffy. Unfortunately, Mother of Ultra was wounded during the event until Ken saved her from Belial but even then, Father of Ultra was defeated as well until Ultraman King arrives to seal Belial in a Space Prison.
At some point, Marie and Ken had a son named Taro.
Mother of Ultra appeared in this movie along with Father of Ultra training her son, Taro to become a member of the Ultra Brothers as they feel Taro is still too young. After Taro successfully defeated Grand King, Mother of Ultra and Father of Ultra acknowledge Taro's training and allowing Taro to become a member of the Ultra Brothers.
After the five Ultra Brothers (Seven, Zoffy, Ultraman, Ace and Jack) brought Kotaro to the Land of Light, Mother of Ultra revives the deceased human and merges him with her son, Taro. She also gives him the Ultra Badge, saying it's a good luck charm.Later on, she would aid Taro in destroying the monster Live King in space. She was also responsible for bringing Zoffy and Taro to the Land of Light after getting beaten by Birdon. At the end of the series, she would appear as her human form again, receiving the Ultra Badge from Kotaro, who wanted his humanity and when Taro returned to the Land of Light, she would say goodbye to Kotaro before leaving.
Mother of Ultra is briefly seen at the end of episode 39 where she and Father of Ultra watch as Astra returns the Ultra Key back to the Land of Light to prevent it from colliding with Earth.
In Ultraman Mebius she transforms Hunter Knight Tsurugi back into Ultraman Hikari, saving his life after his battle with Bogarlmons. After Father of Ultra sensed a great threat, he expresses his concerns to Mother of Ultra.
Ultraman Mebius Gaiden: Hikari Saga
Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legends The Movie
Mother of Ultra appeared alongside Father of Ultra in this movie when Mebius, Ultraman, Zoffy and Seven are discussing the growth of minus energy. When Belial's escaped from his prison, Mother of Ultra told the Ultras to protect the Plasma Spark Tower from Belial at all costs. Later, she went to the Plasma Spark Tower along with her husband to guard it. When Father of Ultra and Taro fell to Belial, Mother of Ultra tried to fight off Belial but got violently defeated as well. Later, she would witness her son Taro protecting the remaining light of the planet and was frozen together along with Father of Ultra. When Zero returned the Plasma Spark, she was saved and reunited with Father of Ultra. Later, she and Father of Ultra went to hear Ultraman King's speech along with other Ultras.
Ultraman Zero The Movie: Super Deciding Fight! The Belial Galactic Empire
Mother of Ultra also appeared in this movie, she was present with Father of Ultra and the Ultra Brothers and Zero to discuss the new issue. Later, when Zero decided to go, Mother of Ultra also gave Zero her light. Later, she was returning back to the Land of Light when the Ultras defeated Belial's army.
Mother of Ultra appears in episode 24 of the series along with Father of Ultra in the Land of Light when Belial was absorbing Ultraman King's Childhood Radiation using his Kei's Sturm Organ.
Ultraman Geed The Movie: Connect the Wishes!
Mother of Ultra reappeared in this movie alongside her husband, watching the Ultras and Ultimate Force Zero's battle against Gillvalis on Earth where she acknowledged Geed's growth as a young Ultra Warrior.
Ultra Galaxy Fight: The Absolute Conspiracy
Following the emergence of Absolute Tartarus and his appearance against Zero and the Ultra Brothers, Mother of Ultra discussed the situation with her husband, her son, Zoffy and Ultraman 80. Knowing that this was a universe-threatening situation, Father of Ultra dispatched Zero to gather a team to combat the threat.
When Taiga returned to the Land of Light following and order from Taro, the boy greeted his grandparents. Taro tried to reprimand him, telling him to call them by their titles in public, but the two of them did not mind Taiga's form of address.
Ultra Galaxy Fight: The Destined Crossroad
The 6 Ultra Brothers vs. The Monster Army
Piko, a young village boy, takes a bullet in the face and dies after valiantly trying to prevent the statue of a god from being stolen by thugs. On the Land of Light, Mother of Ultra sticks her hand into a box, and it emerges from the sky on Earth and takes the body of Piko away as his friends look on. Mother of Ultra then transforms and resurrects Piko into the white monkey god, Hanuman, to not only get revenge but also aid the Ultra Brothers in a battle against a revived army of monsters.
- Height: 40 m
- Weight: 32,000 t
- Age: 140,000 years old
- Home World: Land of Light, Nebula M78
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 10
- Maximum Running Speed: 500 km per hour
- Maximum Underwater Speed: 120 knots
- Maximum Underground Speed: Mach 1
- Maximum Jumping Height: 350 m
- Arm Strength: 100,000 t
- Grip Strength: 30,000 t
- Mother Red (マザーレッド Mazā Reddo): Protrusions on her head which communicates with Father of Ultra and senses the Ultra Brothers in peril.
- Silver Cross Decoration (銀十字勲章 Ginjūji Kunshō): The pig-tails like decoration on her ears. They are badges of bravery, commemorating her service to Silver Cross Aid.
- Mother Blue (マザーブルー Mazā Burū): A bracelet on her left forearm.
Mother of Ultra's human form was called the Lady in Green (緑のおばさん Midori no Obasan), who first appeared in Ultraman Taro episode 1, meeting Kotaro and giving him the Ultra Badge. This form is modeled on Kotaro's deceased mother. She also appeared in the final episode, where Kotaro decided to separate from Ultraman Taro. Mother of Ultra retrieved the Ultra Badge and waved goodbye to Kotaro before leaving.
- Ultra Sign (ウルトラサイン Urutora Sain): Like other Ultras, Mother of Ultra can create an Ultra Sign.
- Mother Beam (マザー光線 Mazā Kōsen): A recovery beam from her right arm with the energy of the Mother Blue. She usually shouts "Mother Beam" before using it.
- Mother Shower (マザーシャワー Mazā Shawā): A shower of energy which revives the dead.
- Silver Cross Beam (銀十字光線 Ginjūji Kōsen) (Unused): A recovery beam from her both hands.
- Relive Beam (リライブ光線 Riraibu Kōsen) (Unused): A beam which revives the dead.
- Mother Destruction Beam (マザー破壊光線 Mazā Hakai Kōsen): A powerful beam from her right arm. Used in conjunction with Taro's Strium Beam to destroy Live King. It can destroy monsters in one shot.
- Energy Beam (エネルギー光線 Enerugī Kōsen): A beam shot from both of her hands.
- Mother Punch: A fast punch used against Ultraman Belial.
- Mother Kick: A variation of very powerful kick techniques, used against Belial. These include a roundhouse kick and a high kick.
Amzu Plaza Commercial
Mother of Ultra appeared with Jamila, Dada and Pigmon as fashion models for the clothing store Amzu Plaza in the city of Fukuoka, for the summer collection of 2014.
Ultraman Taro Manga
In the Ultraman Taro manga, by Getter Robo mangaka, Ken Ishikawa, Mother of Ultra takes on a radically different interpretation. She appears not as the silver and red Ultra person, she is most commonly known as, but manifests as a talking star. However, later manga chapters has her appear in her more familiar form, making it unclear for now whether this was her travel sphere, or a retcon as later chapter are more in line with the Television show than the earlier chapters and there are flashbacks of ancient Ultras.
At the start of the series, Mother sent two disguised Ultra Brothers to capture a kaiju hiding as a dog. When the beast went on its rampage, and nearly killed Kotaro and a young boy. They were saved when Mother contacted Kotaro in a limbo state, warning him of the coming age of monsters and transforming the young man into Ultraman Taro.
Later during Taro's final battle with the mutant Ken, she would appear again. With Ken's destruction, Mother would depart Earth with Taro to heal his injuries.
Mother of Ultra's action figure is the seventh figure in the Ultra Hero Series, but her figure is a special one as it is taller than other figures. Several ULTRA-ACTs have also been released throughout the years. A figure of her was also released as part of Ultra Hero 500.
- In her appearances against the Sun, the suit used was modified from Triple Fighter, with Ultraman's mask added on, hence its bizarre and off-looking appearance compared to her normal suit.
- Mother of Ultra's human form, The Lady in Green, was portrayed by Peggy Hayama, who was also the voice actress for her in the series Ultraman Taro.
- Because Mother of Ultra's suit actor in Ultraman Taro was a man, Tsuburaya did not credit the actor, fearing that the information would "break the children's dreams". Since Taro, all of Mother of Ultra's suit actors have been female.
- Like her son, Mother of Ultra usually shouts her attack before using it (in the Ultraman Taro series only).
- In Ultraman Mebius: Anderes Horizont novel, it was the Mother of Ultra that saved Dan Moroboshi from Silverbloome when MAC was destroyed. Originally Zoffy was planned to be the one who would save Dan.
- In the extra episode of Clannad After Story, the Mother of Ultra was referenced by Nagisa.