Mons-Ahgar (モンスアーガー Monsu Āgā) is a Kaiju that first appeared in the TV series, Ultraman Dyna. He appeared in episodes 11 and 31.
Subtitle: Destructive Monster (破壊獣 Hakai-jū)
Mons-Ahgar was a biological weapon created by a race of extinct aliens and kept in a blue capsule. These aliens kept their weapon of mass destruction on a comet by the name of Meranie. The aliens then used a few artificial engines to create the illusion of lush forests and pure air to lure other aliens in and eliminate them with Mons-Ahgar, thus creating an intergalactic war before being deceased. Mons-Ahgar was still kept on the comet when it traveled into the solar system, thus alerting TPC who then sent Super GUTS to investigate the comet in hopes of it being a refuge for mankind in the future. It was there that Asuka and Nakajima met Hanejiro and discovered the complicated mechanisms, still in use, that created the disguise. While Asuka and Nakajima were in that underground chamber, Ryo and Kariya discovers a plain filled with crashed UFOs. Suddenly, it all made sense. This disguise was spotted, and a mechanism released Mons-Ahgar. Mons-Ahgar then crashed the underground chamber, which traped Asuka. Nakajima, Ryo, and Kariya then returned to the GUTS Eagle and opened fire, but could not even dent the beast. Asuka was hit and was stuck under by a big rock which have even more big rock above it. Asuka dropped his Lieflasher and could get to it. Finaly, Asuka, with the help of Hanejiro, who pushed the Lieflasher with its mouth, transformed into Ultraman Dyna. As Dyna fought, he noticed that Hanejiro was pointing to a hologram Mons-Ahgar, pointing his weakness, his brain. With that notion, Dyna transformed into Strong Type and jumped into space. As Mons-Ahgar looked up, Dyna kicked fiercely downward, and shattered Mons-Ahgar's brain case. With his brain demolished, Mons-Ahgar fell and burned away. But special mechanisms inside him caused the comet to explode when Mons-Ahgar has been defeated, and so, the GUTS Eagle took off, and returned to Earth with Asuka and Hanejiro.
- Suit actor: Toshio Miyake
- Mons-Ahgar's roar is a sped up Silvergon roar.
- Mons-Ahgar's episode was aired again in December 2011 in HD quality in Ultraman Retsuden.
- Mons-Ahgar was original set to appear in the film, Great Decisive Battle! The Super 8 Ultra Brothers. Along with Vakishim, Twin Tail, Astromons, Tyrant, Eleking, Red King, and Gomora. They were replaced for unknown reasons.
Mons-Ahgar Ⅱ (モンスアーガー二代目 Monsu Āgā Nidaime) was a beast captured by Gregore on the fourth Meranie comet and was brought with him to Earth as a training target and to show Ultraman Dyna his power.
Mons-Ahgar Ⅱ is a biological weapon created by the exact same alien race on the fourth Meranie comet out of many. Mons-Ahgar Ⅱ came into the possession of Gregore and had his weak point reinforced, making Mons-Ahgar almost completely invincible. Gregore sent Mons-Ahgar down via a dimensional vortex into Gregore's match ring set on Earth. There, he was confronted by Gregore, disguised as Ultraman Dyna, and held up a fight. The imitator soon breaks Mons-Ahgar's neck, showing Super GUTS his power in not needing to destroy the blue reigns of the Kaiju's head. Then Mons-Ahgar fell to the ground, knocking it off and burned away.
- Height: 65 m
- Weight: 68,000 t
- Origin: Planet Meranie
- Weakness: The brain (blue portion of Mons-Ahgar's head) is linked to the Planet Meranie and the most vulnerable part of his organ. Destroying it can cause the whole planet and itself to be destroyed.
- Powers and Weapons
- Dense Reflective Skin: Mons-Ahgar's skin is so dense and thick, most beam attacks simply bounce off him, as shown by a GUTS fighter's laser fire, and later Dyna's Beam Slicer, which Mons-Ahgar caught with his hands and redirected.
- Great Destruction Bullet (大破壊光弾 Dai Hakai Kōdan): Mons-Ahgar can generate and launch fireballs. Mons-Ahgar can only launch fireballs by charging up his body and releasing it in a massive blast through putting his hands together.
- ULTRA MONSTERS
- Fire Destructive Bullet (火炎破壊弾 Kaen Hakai-dan): Mons-Ahgar can generate and launch fireballs through its mouth.
- Armored Rush (アーマードラッシュ Āmādo Rasshu): Mons-Ahgar performs continuous attacks with its own thick hide.
- Height: 67 m
- Weight: 73,000 t
- Origin: 4th Planet Meranie
- Powers and Weapons
- Dense Reflective Skin: Mons-Ahgar's skin is so dense and thick, most beam attack simply bounce off him.
- Head Case Modification: Mons-Ahgar II is equipped with a dense, reflective, and unremoveable shield on his head to protect it due to modifications made on him by Gregore.
- Fire Destructive Bullet (火炎破壊弾 Kaen Hakai-dan): Mons-Ahgar can generate and launch fireballs. Unlike the first generation, Mons-Ahgar can launch small fireballs by firing them through its mouth.
Mons-Ahgar was released three times as an action figure by Bandai in their Ultra Monster Series. The first Mons-Ahgar was released in 1997 in conjunction with the release of his own episode. The figure (left on the photo) was made of red vinyl, but the droopy look of the eyes and the lack of detail made it a downer. However, the 2000 release would make the figure look better as it was more detailed and the eyes were not as "droopy" as before. The last release of the figure in the 2009 line was a huge improvement, as it now was made in mohagne vinyl (dark red, purple-ish). Detail-vise this figure improved all its predesscors lacked, but still did not fix the generations old problem of the weird pupil position, as all the Mons-Ahgar figures to date always had eyes that looked diagonally upward. The toys all measure 7 inches and a Mons-Ahgar II figure was never made nor released by Bandai or any other toy company to date.