Miracle of the Third Planet (第三番惑星の奇跡 Dai Sanban Wakusei no Kiseki) is the fifteenth episode of Ultraman Max.
From a harmless blob is released a kaiju like no other: one that hurls back what it attacked with as a new power. Max is no match, but a little girl may hold the key to the earth's safety.
A girl named Akko loses her eyesight, but because she can no longer draw she begins playing the piccolo. Because her parents died, Mizuki helped care for her, and wanted to attend her upcoming concert.
Kaito and Muziki investigate an object from space. They merely discover a dome-shaped white mound, and Elly cannot decipher what it is. Koba and Sean are ordered to incinerate it, and launch missile at it. The thing transforms, and fires missiles back! Legs and a face appear, and IF begins its rampage. Elly deduces that IF imitates: they flung fire, it shot fire, they shot missiles, and it responded with missiles. Whatever DASH throws at it it reproduces.
The monster begins to move towards the recital hall where Akko will have her concert. Mizuki is determined to keep the kaiju from it, and distracts it. She is about to be destroyed when Kaito transforms and engages IF.
IF reproduces whatever Max does: gaining a human form, with his beam technique. Max is forced to escape, and nothing can seem to stop the being. It attacks the recital hall, and moves onto the city, wrecking everything in its path. Akko is caught in the destruction, and flees from her room into the ruins of the city.
She picks her way through the debris unseeingly, as Mizuki searches for her. She follows the sounds of IF, who has stopped in its rampage to rest. She walks to the sleeping being in the ruins of the recital hall, and plays her piccolo for it. It wakes up, as Kaito and Mizuki, from a distance, rush up, attracted by the sound of the music.
Then IF undergoes an amazing change: piccolos appear from it, and it joins Akko in the music. The two play together, and Mizuki brings Akko into the car, still playing. Max carries the two to space, and IF follows. The sun rises over earth as the episode ends.
- Kaito Touma (トウマ・カイト Tōma Kaito): Sota Aoyama (青山 草太 Aoyama Sōta)
- Shigeru Hijikata (ヒジカタ・シゲル Hijikata Shigeru): Kai Shishido (宍戸 開 Shishido Kai)
- Mizuki Koishikawa (コイシカワ・ミズキ Koishikawa Mizuki): Hitomi Hasebe (長谷部 瞳 Hasebe Hitomi)
- Kenjiro Koba (コバ・ケンジロウ Koba Kenjirō): Nobuyuki Ogawa (小川 信行 Ogawa Nobuyuki)
- Sean White (ショーン・ホワイト Shōn Howaito): Sean Nichols (ショーン・ニコルス Shōn Nikorusu)
- Elly (エリー Erī): Hikari Mitsushima (満島 ひかり Mitsushima Hikari)
- Ultraman Max (ウルトラマンマックス Urutoraman Makkusu Voice): Kazuya Nakai (中井 和哉 Nakai Kazuya)
- Narrator: Shirō Sano (佐野 史郎 Sano Shirō)
- Akko (アッコSasaki Mao) 15): Mao Sasaki (佐々木 麻緒
- Ultraman Max Volume 5 features episodes 15-18.
- Ultraman Max Complete Season.
- The episode's name is a tribute to Nightmare on Planet 4 from Ultraseven.
- The song that Akko and IF play is Étude No. 3 by Frédéric Chopin.
- This episode was later featured in Ultraman Retsuden Episode 29: The Perfect Lifeform! If vs. Max!!
- The guest actress of this episode, Mao Sasaki was known for her constant cooperation with Takashi Miike during most of his directed works.