Mimos (ミーモス Mīmosu) was originally a computer virus, called Crisis Ghost (クリシスゴースト Kurishisu Gōsuto), created by Queen Mezard that infected the photon computer Crisis, which was designed by Hiroya Fujimiya (Ultraman Agul's host). Crisis Ghost went berserk during the arrival of the giant Kaiju Zoruim. After Crisis' systems were frozen, Crisis Ghost transferred its content to the internet and transferred itself into the remains of the alien lifeforms Apatee and Alguros that GUARD had retrieved placed in a research building, and created his physical from.
- Crisis Ghost: Electric Organism (電子生命体 Denshi Seimei-tai)
- Mimos: Metal Organism (金属生命体 Kinzoku Seimei-tai)
The Crisis Ghost infected the photon powered computer, Crisis, the day it was put online. Crisis was created to predict the Earth's future by calculating every possible outcome, however Crisis Ghost's corruption made the computer predict that humankind would lead to the destruction of the Earth. This false prediction is what lead Hiroya Fujimiya on his path to become Ultraman Agul and try to save Earth from mankind, asked it what should be cleansed on Earth. The answer shocked him when the computer showed him that the world's fate was destruction and it cause: Mankind. Abandoning the project he began several other research projects (also leading to Agul's misguided idea), one was to control monsters to keep them away from populate areas and the other was to find the 'will if the Earth', to devise a solution for the world's problem.
When Zoruim arrived on Earth, Crisis Ghost send the presence of the Radical Destruction Bringer, and went berserk leading to GUARD of Europe to freeze Crisis, however Crisis Ghost still managed to escape to the internet and go unnoticed, by GUARD and XIG. After Zoruim's destruction, Crisis Ghost invaded XIG's computer, but it was driven out and traveled to GUARD's Geo Base, where it invaded the storage containing the pieces of Apatee and Alguros. After melding the pieces together, it morphed into Imit-Ultraman Gaia (ニセ・ウルトラマンガイア Nise Urutoraman Gaia).
However, it showed it was not Gaia, as Crisis Ghost imitated Gaia V1, but the real Gaia had achieved his V2 form. XIG sent fighters to combat the Crisis Ghost, even after seeing it imposing as Ultraman Gaia. The fake guardian of Earth grabbed on of the XIG Fighters, Gamu Takayama then transformed into the true Ultraman Gaia and rescued the pilot. The two giants used their Photon Edge and Photon Crusher, and the imitator was quickly defeated and Crisis Ghost's new form was revealed, Mimos, a combination of Apatee's and Alguros' bodies. Gaia quickly engaged in combat, but Mimos' used his new found metal organic powers to his advantage. After attacking Gaia, Mimos threw a fork at Gaia's neck that pinned him to the ground while his four active boomerangs lashed his hands and feet. But thanks to XIG's assault, Gaia was soon freed and transformed into Supreme Version. A short beating later, Gaia used the Photon Stream to blast Mimos' body out of existence.
- Fittingly, Mimos's name appears to have been derived from the Greek word Mimos (Μίμος), meaning 'Mimic'.
- Mimos' legs and head were made from the Apatee suit while his chest was made from the Alguros suit.
- The Imit-Ultraman Gaia figure is a recolored Ultraman Gaia V1 release with a mix of sand color in the sliver parts.
- This to imitate that Mimos is made of pieces of Alguros and Apatee, and Apatee appeared in the desert and was knocked down once, so there is still sand in his pieces.
- Mimos is currently the second imitator that capable of fully replicate an Ultra, after Alien Babarue, even though Mimos has Gaia's V1 form and the real Gaia achieved V2.
- Mimos is the first of Zog's followers not to reside in or set foot on Galaxy M91.
- Mimos' monster appearance was later featured in episode 83 of New Ultraman Retsuden, "A New Battle! Gaia Version Up!".
Even when Crisis was deactivated, the Crisis Ghost's program still survived and was able to infect systems in a rapid succession if it weren't for Atsuko's joystick gaming skills.
- Height: 50 m
- Weight: 43,000 t
- Origin: Geo Base
- Powers and Weapons
- Photon Edge (フォトンエッジ Foton Ejji): Imit-Ultraman Gaia can create a Photon Edge like Ultraman Gaia's. However, it is not as powerful as Gaia V2's Photon Crusher.
- Armor: Imit-Ultraman Gaia can survive attacks like the Photon Crusher, but will be scarred from them.
- Morph: Imit-Ultraman Gaia can morph into his true form, Meemos, especially when he was attacked by his opponents.
- Height: 52.5 m
- Weight: 52,500 t
- Origin: Geo Base
- Powers and Weapons
- Metal Manipulation: Mimos can generate and manipulate the metal over his bodies in various manners. Among them are:
- Transform: Mimos can transform the metal that is his body at will, an ability he took from Apatee.
- Metal Boomerangs: Mimos can fire homing boomerangs from his body to attack the opponent.
Ultra Hero Series
NOTE: The "V1" version of Ultraman Gaia also doubles as Imit-Ultraman Gaia.
- Ultraman Gaia (1998)
- Release Date: 1998
- ID Number: 30
- Price: 700 yen
- JAN/ISBN: 4902425705835
- Materials: ATBC-PVC
- Ultra Hero Series Ultraman Gaia is based on his first appearance in the TV series. Sporting 3 points of articulation, Ultraman Gaia is molded in red ATBC-PVC plastic, with silver, gold, metallic blue (timer), and white (the eyes) paint operations.
- Imit-Ultraman Gaia (2002)
- Release Date: March 2002
- ID Number: EX
- Price: 700 yen
- JAN/ISBN: 4543112031761
- Materials: PVC
- Ultra Hero Series Imit-Ultraman Gaia is a redeco of the first Ultraman Gaia toy. replacing the silver paint with a yellowish tone to differentiate the first figure, though this results on a less show-accurate color due to the suit being unchanged in the TV series. The deco's pattern is identical to the original 1998 toy sans the eye color, which is painted in a yellow-and-white gradient to represent the helmet's glowing eyes.
- Unlike Imit-Ultraman Agul, this figure is the only toy in the lineup to not have a vintage release during the show's airing.
- Ultraman Gaia with XIG Fighter Set (2014)
- Release Date: April 25, 2014
- Price: 4860 yen
- JAN/ISBN: 4543112830814
- Materials: PVC, ABS, POM
- Accessories: Photon Edge effect, Quantum Stream effect, Agul Saber (for Gaia V2), Bent chest part, 2 pairs of extra hands, red color timer, XIG Fighters (2 XGs, 1 SS, 1 EX)
- A Tamashii Webshop exclusive, ULTRA-ACT Ultraman Gaia is a redeco of the V2 figure. The said figure can also represent Mimos in the guise of Ultraman Gaia, with the XIG fighters representing as his enemies.