- 1 History
- 2 Releases
- 3 Errors
- 3.1 Ultra Q
- 3.2 Ultraman
- 3.3 Return of Ultraman Blu-ray
- 3.4 Ultraman Ace
- 3.5 Ultraman Taro
- 3.6 Ultraman Leo
- 3.7 Alternate Names
- 4 External Links
Mill Creek obtained the BCI Eclipse catalogue following that company being shut down by Navarre. They re-released several of BCI's Japanese titles such as Fight! Dragon and Super Robot Red Baron in new box sets shortly after the aquisition.
In 2009, Mill Creek re-released BCI's Ultraman sets, containing the original 1966 TV series, into one singular priced-down box set. Like BCI, this utilized the materials provided by Golden Media Group and Tsuburaya-Chaiyo due to the rights situation. However, this set lacked any of the features of that initial set and had several authoring issues with the English subtitles. Additionally, it was infamous for its first edition housing the discs in paper sleeves instead of standard trays. A second set was later released that gave the discs proper trays, but it did very little to boost their reputation with fans.
In July of 2019, Mill Creek announced they had acquired the Ultraman library, with plans to release the subsequent series and films onto Blu-Ray and their digital streaming service, MovieSpree. The first two series to be released in October 2019 were Ultra Q and Ultraman, with plans for Ultraseven, Ultraman Orb, and Ultraman Geed revealed via a leaked advertisement slip.
With the release of Ultraseven, the Ultraman Series releases by Mill Creek were labeled as 'The Ultra-Verse'.
- Ultra Q - October 15, 2019
- Ultraman - October 15, 2019
- Ultraman Orb (series and movie) - November 11, 2019 (Movie also sold separately)
- Ultraman Geed (series and movie) - November 11, 2019 (Movie also sold separately)
- Ultraseven - December 10, 2019
- Ultraman Orb THE ORIGIN SAGA/Ultra Fight Orb - February 25, 2020
- Return of Ultraman - February 25, 2020
- Ultraman X (series and movie) - April 21, 2020 (Movie also sold separately)
- Ultraman Ace - May 26, 2020
- The Birth of Ultraman Collection - July 10, 2020
- Neo Ultra Q - August 11, 2020
- Ultraman Ginga, Ultraman Ginga S, and Ultra Fight Victory (series and series and movie) - September 15, 2020
- Ultraman R/B (series and movie) - October 13, 2020 (Movie also sold separately)
- Ultraman Taro - January 12, 2021
- Ultraman Leo - May 25, 2021
- Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle, Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle: Never Ending Odyssey, Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legends The Movie - June 15, 2021
- Ultra Galaxy Legend Gaiden: Ultraman Zero vs. Darklops Zero, Ultraman Zero The Movie: Super Deciding Fight! The Belial Galactic Empire, Ultraman Zero Gaiden: Killer the Beatstar, Ultraman Saga (Movie+Tie-in) - June 15, 2021
- Secrets of The Rise of Ultraman - July 10, 2021
- Gridman the Hyper Agent - August 17, 2021
- The☆Ultraman - September 14, 2021
- Ultraman 80 - September 14, 2021
- Ultraman Tiga, Ultraman Tiga Gaiden: Revival of the Ancient Giant - October 19, 2021
- Ultraman Dyna, Ultraman Tiga & Ultraman Dyna: Warriors of the Star of Light, Ultraman Dyna: The Return of Hanejiro - November 16, 2021
- Ultraman Gaia, Ultraman Tiga, Ultraman Dyna, & Ultraman Gaia: The Decisive Battle in Hyperspace, Ultraman Gaia: Gaia Again - December 7, 2021
- Ultraman Kids: 3,000 Light Years in Search of Mother - TBA
- Ultraman Cosmos - TBA
- Ultraman Nexus - TBA
- Ultraman Max - TBA
- Ultraman Mebius - TBA
Mentioned during OUR HERO ULTRAMAN panel
- Ultra Q: Dark Fantasy
- Ultraman: Towards the Future
- Ultraman: The Ultimate Hero
- Ultraman: The Adventure Begins
- The following Kaiju and aliens were left out of the Kaiju Guide in the Blu-ray booklet but are mentioned in the episode guide:
- Despite having several pictures in the included booklet, Red King himself is not listed in the Kaiju Guide.
- The Kaiju Guide is wrongly labeled the Episode Guide.
- Alien Mefilas is listed twice in the four-page Kaiju Guide.
- Alien Baltan III, Alien Zarab II, Kemur II, and Giant Member Fuji are absent from the Kaiju Guide.
- Alien Zetton was depicted using Kemur II's image.
Return of Ultraman Blu-ray
- In the Kaiju Guide, Kingsaurus III is refered to as Kingasaurus III.
- In Kingsaurus III's episode guide blurb, the word defear is used instead of 'defeat'.
- In the episode blurb of "The Monster That Stands on Mt. Fuji," Paragon is misspelled as Raragon in one sentence, then refered to as Paragon correctly in the next sentence.
- In episode 48's "I'm Taking the Earth," there's a sentence that says "Yametarans spreaded a virus".
- In "Battle! Monsters vs. MAT," the Sniper is mispelled as Spiner.
- A photo of King Tortoise is used instead of Queen Tortoise.
- A photo of Queen Tortoise is used instead of Mini Tortoise.
- Pressure is not listed at all in the booklet's kaiju guide.
When the Ultraman Series was being released to the west, on both Blu-rays and DVDs, many kaiju names were given incorrect spellings due to Mill Creek making their own subtitles.
Mill Creek's Second Release
For the second release of the Ultraman, split into two boxsets, guides for the episodes were released. In these guides they have a Monster Appearance for each episode, and sometimes, an incorrect name was used. It should be noted this set was released under the Chaiyo lable.
- Jirassu - Should be noted for the dub of these boxsets and the original boxset, they refer to the monster as Kira.
- Gigas - Guigass' name in the opening is spelt Gigass.
- Uu - In the show's subtitles, they use the literal spelling of Woo in Japanese.
- Kemul II
- Zeton - In the episode itself, the alien is refered to as Zettonian.
Ultra Q Blu-ray
This set was released after Tsuburaya Productions won its decades long lawsuit against Chaiyo and as such, more official names are used.
Return of Ultraman
- Sadolar - In the episode guide, Sadola is referred to as Sadora.
- Alien Zeran
- Alien Meits
- Alien Kentauros
- Robonezu - A literal translation of its name. However in the title sequence and the episode guide, its proper name is used.
- Alien Sasahiler
- Galan - In the subtitles, Garan is refered to as Galan.
- Varava - In the subtitles, it switches between both names.
- Bad Baron
- Alien Leborl