"I am a preacher of love and goodwill: Makoto Aizen...!"
- ―Makoto's self-introduction
The actual extent of his traits and behavior is unknown, but judging from his past, he was a man who was dedicated to his job in his father's workplace.
- Main article: Cereza
While not much of Makoto's past is known, 15 years prior to the series, he was a common worker for the family’s business of Aizen Iron Works before being possessed by Cereza as a "vessel" in order to blend in to Earth's society. This entire event went for at least 15 years as "Makoto" inherited his father's Aizen Iron Works and became popular across the globe for his industry's research and breakthroughs.
Under Aizen and Mio Minato, the small family business transformed into a very prominent and successful one, and in doing so, Aizen became a celebrity to the citizens of Ayaka City.
As Cereza has no corporeal form, Makoto's body was put to use by providing Cereza an ability to come off as an ordinary human, wield the Gyro and serving as a host for Ultraman Orb Dark.
After Grigio King's defeat, Cereza was expelled from his body by Saki Mitsurugi, leaving Makoto in a collapsed state. After reawakening, Makoto was replaced by Saki as the CEO of Aizen Tech and he himself departed from Ayaka City to go cycling around the world.
"Lend me the power of bonds!"
- ―Activation announcement for Orb Dark
Makoto inserts the Orb Origin Crystal into the AZ Gyro and pulls the side handles thrice. The Orb Ring NEO appears above the Gyro and is switched into the Orb Dark Mode.
Makoto presses the center button, spinning the Orb Ring NEO in a similar manner to Orb Slasher before raising it mid-air. Two giant Orb Ring NEOs appear at his sides before another appears before him a la Fusion Up sequences. Dark rainbow background begins to burst as Ultraman Orb Dark rises, initially making a heart-shaped hand gesture before clenching his right hand forward as he closely approaching the screen. If he already has the Orb Ring NEO on hand, he doesn't need to summon it via the Orb Origin Crystal.
When transforming into a Kaiju via a R/B Crystal, Makoto inserts the crystal into the AZ Gryo and pulls the handles thrice. He then raises his right hand into the air and begins to transform. Spirals of energy surround him and turns him into the monster.
Powers and Weapons
- Endurance: In episode 3, he was able to withstand the impact of a petrified bird falling onto his head, rising up as if it was nothing. Because this trait is illogical by human standards (as normal humans would have been killed by such accident without protective headgear), it is suspected as partly an influence from Cereza.
- R/B Crystal Collection Case: A collection device which he used to store his own sets of R/B Crystals, particularly Kaiju.
- R/B Crystals: Makoto is shown to be in possession of the R/B Crystals which mainly contains the physical manifestations of Ultra Kaiju. His only Ultra Crystal was the crystal of Orb Origin.
- AZ Gyro: While the origins of the said device is unknown, Makoto either uses it to summon the corresponding Kaiju or transform into one. Makoto can summon the Orb Ring NEO with the Orb Origin Crystal.
- Orb Ring NEO: Makoto's transformation item, used to transform into Ultraman Orb Dark. He summoned it by inserting the Orb Origin Crystal to his AZ Gyro. This item was confiscated by the Minato brothers after his defeat as Orb Dark. However, Makoto reclaimed this item after the Minato brothers were defeated by Horoboros but has once again lost it.
- Orb Dark Calibur: As Orb Dark, Makoto wields this weapon for Orb Dark to access a variety of attacks.
- Saki's Gyro: Lent to him by Saki Mitsurugi, it allows Makoto to transform into Kaiju, when his AZ Gyro was malfunctioning.
R/B Crystals in Possession
- Grigio Bone
- Black King
- Red King
- Mecha Gomora
- Ultraman Orb Origin (Confiscated)
Ultraman New Generation Chronicle
Aizen appeared as the guest star in episode 19 and episode 20.
At least once an episode, Makoto write his poems on a piece of paper as a word of advice to his audience. Although this is later revealed to be Cereza's work, Tsuburaya's Twitter site take this joke further by creating posters of Makoto:
- "Hit a stone bridge and break it" (石橋に当たって砕けろ Ishibashi ni atattekudakero):
- English Equivalent: "It's important you face your challenges without letting anything get in your way".
- "When hard times pass, take to the skies" (一難去ったら空を飛べ Ichiran sattara sora o tobe)
- "Just call it the "flower garden"" (言わぬがお花畑 Iwanuga Ohanabatake)
- English Equivalent: "Don't ask me".
- "Floating like a butterfly adds insult to injury" (蝶のように舞い泣きっ面に蜂 Chō no yō ni mai nakittsuranihachi)
- English Equivalent: "Cry when you're in good health"
- "One must be willing to struggle, even in youth" (若いうちの苦労は勝手でも押し付けろ Wakai uchi no kurō wa katte demo oshitsukero)
- English Equivalent: "One should be more impulsive"
- "Even dust is dangerous if it accumulates" (塵も積もればヤバくなる Chiri mo tsumoreba yaba ku naru)
- English Equivalent: "You cannot win with that kind of ability".
- In early drafts, Makoto's name was Akira Aizen.