Machina (マキーナ Makīna), also known as Makeena, is a Kaiju that first appeared in episode 9 of Ultraman Tiga.
Subtitle: Guardian Monster (守護怪獣 Mori Kaijū)
Machina was an alien monster who called to Earth by Saki, an alien girl who had lived on Earth as far back as the year, 1802 A.D. (and whom Daigo had met as a child before become Tiga.) When a capsule was dug up in a construction site, Saki played a special flute that caused the capsule to emit a beam of light beyond Earth's atmosphere. Receiving the signal, Machina landed in Tokyo Harbor and began his trek to reunite with Saki. Machina was met by opposition from GUTS, but his armor was more than enough to protect the monster from their assaults. However the sun was setting as so Machina decided to recuperate until tomorrow.
Machina awoken the next morning and again was met with GUTS's assaults via land mines that fired at his unprotected areas beneath his armor. During the assault, Saki was able to reunite with Machina. However just as a land mine was about to endanger Saki, Daigo transformed into Ultraman Tiga and quickly rescued her from danger. Taking Tiga's actions as a threat towards Saki, Machina attacked Tiga and both alien and Ultra battled. Tiga was able to overpower Machina once he transformed into Power Type, but just as he was about to finish off the alien with the Delacium Light Stream, Saki stepped in and explained that Machina only came to Earth retrieve her and that she had been waiting on Earth for hundreds of years waiting for her arrival. Now understanding of the situation, Tiga allowed Machina to Saki and together both aliens left Earth peacefully.
- Suit Actor: Toshio Miyake
- Machina might have been inspired by Kirara considering both monsters are similar in some ways; both kaiju are benevolent guardians and messengers with intention of escorting an alien woman (Princess Kaguya in Kirara's case) back to her home instead of destroying earth's cities with hostile intent, both kaiju have a ball form which could fly, and both kaiju are spared by Ultraman Leo/Tiga, and allowed to leave with the woman they're tasked with escorting back.
- Machina has the same title as Gazebo.
- Machina's design is based on an armadillo.
- Makila from the Ultraman Tiga (Dark Horse Manga) may have been inspired by Machina.
- Machina's name likely comes from the Latin term "deus ex machina," meaning "god from the machine," which is used to describe when a hopeless situation is solved by an unlikely occurrence.
- Machina's roars are of that of a lion's and a slightly modified Goro roar.
- Height: 55 m
- Weight: 57,000 t
- Origin: Space
- Powers and Weapons
- Armor: Machina's armor is strong enough to withstand and even repel projectile attacks. They can enclose and protect his body completely.
- Flight: When encased inside his armor, Machina capable of anti-gravity flight.