|This article lacks an official name. "Light Crystal" is simply how it is referred to as, due to the popularity in the fandom or how it's mentioned in-story.|
The Light Crystal is a crystal located in the forehead of some Ultra Warriors from the Ancient Giants of Light. Note that term 'Light Crystal' is not official but is used for easy understanding.
First seen on Ultraman Tiga, as the "Tiga Crystal" (ティガクリスタル Tiga Kurisutaru) is always located on the forehead of certain Ultras in the Neo Frontier Space Universe. Since Tiga gained the power to Type Change by absorbing the attacks of other Dark Ultras, it can be assumed his crystal regulates the powers within his body, altering the ratios to change his type. It is similar to the Beam Lamp seen on some Ultras, such as Ultraseven.
The light crystal seems to have direct access to an Ultra's Inner Light as Yanakargi was able to draw out Tiga's energy through his crystal instead of his Color Timer.
Two of Geed's game exclusive forms, Mugen Crosser and Mighty Trekker which utilizes the assets of Ultraman Tiga and Ultraman Dyna respectively, possess a light crystal on its forehand that looks similar to Dyna and Tiga's.
Tiga and Dyna Crystals
- Type Change (タイプチェンジ Taipu Chenji): As previously stated, it allows Ultras to Type Change.
- Triple Change (トリプルチェンジ Toripuru Chenji): A variation of Tiga's Type Change used by Dyna.
- Light Abilities: The gem can also be used to perform other techniques used by Ultras.
- Dark Abilities: Due to Camearra's nature as a Dark Giant, she used hers to channel dark energies instead of the power of light, it was only seen during her Demonzoa transformation.
- Ancient Giants of Light (partially)
- Evil Tiga (unknown ability)
- Ultraman Tiga
- Ultraman Dyna
- Darramb (unknown ability)
- Hudra (unknown ability)
- Camearra (used once for dark purposes)
- Ultraman Geed (Mugen Crosser and Mighty Trekker)
- During filming, some of the show's lighting effect changes the color of Tiga's light crystal into gold.
- According to designer Hiroshi Maruyama, the light crystal that was first displayed by Tiga was originally to reflect the sunlight during lighting effect.
- Although being Ultras from a different point of origin, Ultraman Rosso's and Ultraman Blu's form changes are also regarded as Type Changes.
|Ultra Powers, Traits and Objects of Interest|
|Powers and Traits||Ultraman Title | Ultra Beam | Ultra's Inner Light | Color Timer | Beam Lamp | Crest Weapons | Protectors | Ultra Horns | Bracers | Solar Energy Absorption | Forehead Crystal | Light Crystal | Body Crystals | Ultra Armor | Mental Abilities | Ultra Signs | Human Hosts/Forms | Dimensional Field | Star Marks|
|Ultra-Related Items||Transformation Items | Specium | Ultra Bracelet | Ultra Array | Ultra Bell | Ultra Key | Ultra Mind | Max Galaxy | Plasma Spark | Arb Gear | Techtor Gear | Ultimate Aegis | Spark Dolls | Strium Brace | Ultra Fusion Brace | Knight Timbre | Cyber Cards | MonsArmor | Ultra Fusion Cards | Ultra Fusion Card Holder | Kaiju Cards | Ultra Capsules | Ultra Capsule Holder | Kaiju Capsules | Childhood Radiation | R/B Crystals | R/B Crystal Holder | R/B Crystal Collection Case | Ultra Taiga Accessories|
|Other Media||Plasma Ore | Ultraman Suit | Ultraman Factor|