Koichi Sakamoto (坂本浩一 Sakamoto Kōichi) is a Japanese writer, stunt actor, producer and action director, who is very prominent in recent Tokusatsu shows.
He is also best known for his work in the Kamen Rider, Super Sentai and Power Rangers franchises.
He worked on several episodes in Gokaiger, and was principle director for Kyoryuger. In Power Rangers, he directed fight scenes for Mighty Morphin, directed more, until becoming a producer and drafting storyboards for In Space. He continued work on the series after Ninja Storm, but not as stunt coordinator.
While directing the series, Sakamoto is fond of action female characters and demonstrated affinity for the characters' own movement and coordination. His inspiration comes mainly from Chinese action films, including those of Jackie Chan.
He is married to the actress Motoko Nagino. He had a daughter named Matilda Sakamoto.
- Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legends The Movie
- Ultraman Ginga S (Main Director)
- Ultra Fight Victory (Main Director)
- Ultraman X
- Ultra Fight Orb
- Ultraman Geed (Main Director)
- Ultraman Geed The Movie: Connect the Wishes!
- Ultra Galaxy Fight: New Generation Heroes
- Ultraman Z
- Ultra Galaxy Fight: The Absolute Conspiracy
- Ultraman Trigger: New Generation Tiga (Main Director)
- His favorite Ultraman Series is Ultraman Leo and even considers directing its reboot should he be given the chance. His favorite Ultras are Ultraman Leo, Ultraman Zero, and Ultraman Geed. His favorite Kaiju is Zetton.
- His father runs an aluminum factory and plans to have Koichi inherit the company should he be unsuccessful in his career by the age of 30.
- Sota Fukushi (the actor of Gentaro Kisaragi in Kamen Rider Fourze) mentioned that Sakamoto is just "a young boy growing up".
- Sakamoto is bilingual, as he speaks Japanese and English.