Kemur (ケムール人 Kemūru Jin lit. Kemur Man) is a species of aliens that first appeared in Ultra Q. A race of aliens that had been granted incredible abilities via the processes of natural selection and evolution, the first Kemur travelled back in time to 1966 from the near-future year of 2020 to abduct humans to extend his lifespan and recover from weakness brought on through overexerting himself. Since the original's first appearance, a handful of other Kemur Men have appeared throughout the Ultraman Series.
Subtitle: Abduction Phantom (誘拐怪人 Yūkai Kaijin)
- 1 History
- 2 Data
- 3 Spark Doll
- 4 Other Media
- 5 Merchandise
- 6 Gallery
Kemur was from a highly advanced species of aliens that survived as a possible next evolutionary step for humankind. Although his longevity and physical capabilities surpassed a normal human's, his body was slowly weakening like any other organism through overexertion, and so he decided to travel back in time to find suitable humans to keep himself alive. Arriving from his distant alien world from the year 2020, Kemur came to Earth, kidnapping innocent lives by using goo that gave the illusion of erasing them, turning them into X-channel light waves he could absorb. Before long the invader was soon discovered. A long chase ensued, but the alien was able to effortlessly outrun a police car! He then took on a new disguise and continued on with his mission until he was again confronted. This time a small military force was put up against him, forcing him to try and escape up a ferris wheel. Another round was shot into his body, making it drop to the unforgiving ground.
Soon after slamming into the concrete, Kemur began to grow larger, turning into a giant. Enraged, the alien lifted up the ferris wheel and smashed it into a nearby building. The soldiers around him opened fire, but nothing could stop him. As all looked grim, X-channel light rays were fired at him from the Tokyo Tower. The light rays severely wounded the invader, making him collapse. As the humans celebrated their victory over the invader, Kemur, groaning in pain, sprayed himself with his own goo. In just a few moments, his body was teleported elsewhere. A strange mist then descended, returning everyone Kemur had abducted. Exactly what happened to Kemur after he escaped is unknown.
- Suit actor: Bin Furuya
- Kemur would inspire the alien Lecuum.
- His appearence in Ultra Q was referenced by Alien Valky in New Ultraman Retsuden episode 8 in reference to his appearance in Ultraman Ginga.
- Simillar to all Ultra Q kaiju, Kemur is quite short when compared to the other Kaiju after Ultra Q.
- In an unrealized script titled Tokyo Tsunami a second Kemur was meant to return and do battle with the underground monster Pagos and the meteor monster Garamon.
- The sound Kemur made in his original appearance was the Matango laugh in reverse. He also produces a sound reused from one of the Showa King Ghidorah's roars.
Kemur reappeared in Ultraman as Kemur II.
After briefly withdrawing the enlarged Akiko Fuji to his spaceship, Alien Mefilas summoned Kemur II, an illusion based on the original's likeness. The giant was summoned to Tokyo along with two illusory comrades, those of Alien Baltan III and Alien Zarab II. The three stood their ground before the Science Patrol, awaiting their orders. Those orders, however, never came. Alien Mefilas was not a fan of violent tactics and made his three illusions vanish into thin air.
- Suit actor: Haruo Nakajima
- Kemur II's costume is new but the head is the original's.
- Kemur II's head was later used to make Alien Zetton.
- Kemur II's breathing noises would later be combined with beeping to create some of Zetton's sounds.
A Kemur Spark Doll was given to a maniacal biker by Alien Valky for him to get revenge on Misuzu. Upon seeking out his prey, the biker transformed into Kemur before her and chased the terrified girl through an empty school building. Eventually losing her pursuant, Misuzu was granted a brief respite when she bumps into a cop on patrol. However, Kemur reappeared behind the unsuspecting policeman, coating him with his teleporting goo. As Kemur closed in on Misuzu, he was ambushed by Hikaru with a soccer ball to the head. Frustrated, the alien engaged Hikaru Raido in a one-sided brawl, with Ginga's host getting brutalized by Kemur. Upon seeing how Hikaru was in trouble and remembering how he had always been there for her, Misuzu mustered all her courage and assaulted Kemur with a mop, subsequently landing a low blow to his crotch that caused the alien to writhe around in agony.
Annoyed and angered beyond his limits, Kemur finally grew into his giant form. With Ultraman Taro's timely arrival, Hikaru quickly Ultlived into Thunder Darambia to engage his now colossal foe. However, the Super Synthetic Monster was no match for Kemur's superior agility as his electrical attacks fail to connect. Getting cocky from it, Kemur exploited his speed advantage and ridiculed Thunder Darambia by farting into its face and stuffing a tree into its mouth. Deciding to put an end to Kemur's crazy antics, Hikaru Ultlived into Ginga. The tables immediately turned against the alien's favor as Ginga's speed far outclassed his own. After being kicked back and forth repeatedly by the warrior of light, Kemur was forcefully launched into space. Ginga then took to the skies and exited into space as he charged towards the frantic alien. Despite it's comical attempt to swim away, Kemur was ultimately caught by the hero's Ginga Fireball finisher. Reverting back into a Spark Doll, the alien fell back to Earth, landing near his traumatized and burnt biker host.
Kemur also appeared in the following episode, when his Spark Doll was saved by Taro after Hikaru's room was set on fire by Yuuka, King Pandon's Spark Doll host. With only one Spark Doll at his disposal, Hikaru Ultlived into Kemur and headed straight for his burning room. When Yuuka transformed into King Pandon, Kemur rose to the fight but failed to put up much of a resistance, being completely overpowered by King Pandon's fiery blasts. Weak and battered, he was then stomped on mercilessly until Hikaru Ultlived into Ginga and turned the fight against the Twin-headed Monster.
He soon reappears in episode 5 as a means for Hikaru to get into Jean-Killer's cockpit by coating himself with its teleporting goo. He is soon called back when the giant is called away.
In episode 7, him along with many different monsters are seen cheering for Ultraman Ginga as he fights Dark Galberos.
It is likely that Kemur returned to space in his original form after Ultraman Ginga defeated Dark Lugiel.
- Voice actor (SD): Koichi Toshima.
- The suit from Ultra Zone was reused for Kemur's appearance in this series.
- This is the first time Kemur fought an Ultra Warrior.
Dark Star Cluster
One of the Dark Star Cluster (暗黒星団 Ankoku Seidan), Kemur was first seen with his comrades performing robbery in a warehouse at Earth. When Alien Valky Halky's Samekujira Jolly came to Earth for its master, the team approaches Xio and Jolly's owner, demanding it until Halky challenged them for a rugby match.
Three days later in the tournament, the Dark Star Cluster participated in the rugby and scores 51 points in the first half due to cheating with their powers until Isamu's fighting spirit turns the tables in the second round. Enraged when Isamu called them no side after the game ended, they enlarged and began on a rampaging spree before Ultraman X Gomora Armor sent them to the sky with Gomora Oscillatory Wave.
- Voice actor: Koichi Toshima
Another Kemur was a member of Dada's kidnapping syndicate, which bends on collecting ideal women on Earth for cloning with Dada's prediction that humanity is on the verge of extinction from Dark Thunder Energy.
Disguising as a drunk man whose walking to a bathhouse at night, his mission is to kidnap women with his shrink gun but before he can begin the operation, Xio members caught him and went for a chase. Kemur was stopped by Daichi (under Ultraman X's guidance) and apprehended by Wataru.
In the interrogation room, with almost every method failed, Captain Kamiki (dressed in a casual outfit) takes over and manages to get the information from Kemur after six hours by simply reminding him of his old life with his mother at his home planet.
Kemur reappeared as a Cyber Card in the final episode of Ultraman X. After Ultraman X spoke out to Gomora and striked Greeza right in the center of his chest, Kemur, along with all of the other Cyber Cards, traveled to X and united with him. Cyber Kemur's power was used to help form the Hybrid Armor and power up the Ultimate Xanadium to defeat Greeza once and for all. Kemur, along with the numerous other Cyber Cards and Spark Dolls, then appeared and thanked Daichi as he thanked them.
- Voice actor: Koichi Toshima
Kemur had appeared on Earth 54 years ago and abducted several humans to merge with them and increase his lifespan. One of the abducted victims was a young woman named Kaori (カオリPagos. Since the monster was a hindrance to his plans, Kemur used his Erasing Energy Source to make Pagos vanish as well.). To resume his race's plan to raid Earth for its humans, Kemur appeared once more in the present time, but he hadn't anticipated Kaori's will taking over due to her strong attachment to her home planet, remaining just as young as she was on the day Kemur merged with her as a result of the unusual event. Kemur managed to make several people vanish using his Erasing Energy Source, the energy given off by this process drawing the attention of a
While investigating Pagos' disappearance, Haruki Natsukawa ran into Kaori near an old Ferris wheel, who asked him to kill her before Kemur took over once again. As he turned around to contact Yoko Nakashima, Kaori had disappeared. When STORAGE had been analyzing footage of the disappearances, Haruki noticed that Kaori was in all of the footage, and set out with Yoko to track her down, correctly believing her to be connected to the string of disappearances. Following her to an abandoned building, Yoko was sprayed by the Erasing Energy Source and vanished. Kaori's will took over again just as Haruki found her, but Kemur revealed himself and elaborated on his plans. He then went outside and attached a bomb filled with Erasing Energy Source to the Ferris wheel, planning to detonate the device and create a mass abduction event by distributing the chemical into rain clouds. Ultraman Z fought against Kemur, but was unable to land a killing blow because Haruki hesitated at killing Kaori along with Kemur, despite her pleas to do so. The Beliarok told Haruki to trust him, and they used the Deathcium Slash to split apart the fusion and kill Kemur, as well as sending the bomb away to explode in a dimensional rift.
Though Kaori's life was saved, she was injured as a result of Kemur's destruction and had to use a wheelchair during her recovery. Though she had had lost her memories of the previous night, she had trust in Haruki, as well as Ultraman Z, and resolved to enjoy her new life in the present day.
- Voice actor: Takanori Tsujimoto
- Suit actor: Shinnosuke Ishikawa
- A new Kemur suit was used for this episode, this one was made previously for the 2019 Tokyo Film Festival. This particular suit has a light gimmick and moving eyeballs to emulate the original suit from 1966.
- The Ferris wheel used by Kemur is an actual prop instead of CGI.
- Height: 1.9 ~ 30 m, 1.9 ~ 55 m (Z)
- Weight: 40 kg ~ 15,000 t, 40 kg ~ 16,000 t (Z)
- Origin: Planet Kemur
- Despite their scientific advances, Kemur requires humans to feed on to maintain their lifespans.
- While attempting to assimilate humans, the process could end up merging their bodies. Although this could be used as a disguise, it can also serve as a double edged sword if the victim has enough willpower to fight back its control.
- Powers and Weapons
- Saucer: The Kemur's transportation, it was only seen clashing with the air forces' aircrafts.
- Human Disguise: When on Earth, Kemur can disguise himself as a human to blend in with society.
- Enhanced Abilities: Kemur's species boasts improved physical abilities as a result of their evolutionary process.
- Super Speed: Kemur can gallop at blinding speeds.
- Sheer Strength: Kemur is capable of impressive physical feats, including shrugging off small arms fire and lifting extremely heavy objects.
- Size Change: When needed, Kemur can change its size from that of a man to that of a giant.
- Erasing Energy Source (消去エネルギー源 Shōkyo Enerugī-gen): Kemur can emit a burst of light blue chemical goo from the tube on his head. Once touching living tissue, this chemical can teleport the subject into his own body. This goo can move on its own by the Kemur's will, teleports people to another place or dimension and is highly flammable. This goo can also be used to teleport Kemur or the target to a location of Kemur's choice, allowing him to sneak into controlled areas or create distance between him and an opponent. In Ultraman Z, it is established that the chemical can be combined with water to take effect over a larger area, as demonstrated when Kemur attempted to combine his Erasing Energy Source with water vapour in rain clouds to create a mass abduction event when the rain fell, though he was defeated before this could take place.
- ULTRA MONSTERS
- Mystic Shoot (ミスティックシュート Misutikku Shūto): Kemur grabs a Ferris wheel and throws it towards the opponent.
- Kemur Attack (ケムールアタック Kemūru Atakku): Kemur rushes and attacks the opponent.
- Ultraman X
- Shrink Gun: A smaller version of the Micronizer Device used by Dada, this weapon was used by Kemur to kidnap female humans in the night.
- Ultraman Z
- Technology Manipulation: The Kemur is capable of manipulating technologies, doing so to reactivate an old Ferris wheel despite the attraction was out of use for at least a decade.
- Bomb: A device that was the size of a Ferris wheel car, its main purpose is to disperse Kemur's Erasing Energy Source to the clouds, thus mixing it with rain droplets and allowing mass abduction of Kirimoto City citizens had it not prevented.
- Possession: Although not really an ability itself, a Kemur operative decided to possess the partially assimilated Kaori as a cover to blend in with the society.
- Height: 55 m
- Weight: 16,000 t
- Origin: Alien Mefilas's saucer
- Powers and Weapons
- None demonstrated
Cyber Kemur (サイバーケムール Saibā Kemūru)
- Height: 30 m
- Weight: 15,000 t
- Origin: Xio Headquarters
- Cyber Power: TBA
- Powers and Weapons
- Acceleration: Cyber Kemur can run at an incredible speed.
- ―Kemur Darklived via Dark Dummy Spark.
- ―Kemur Ultlived via Ginga Spark.
Kemur became a Spark Doll in the conclusion of the Dark Spark War due to the Dark Spark's powers. His Spark Doll was kept in Dark Lugiel's collection, and given to Alien Valky to give to evil-hearted humans to seed chaos.
After Dark Lugiel's defeat, the Kemur's Spark Doll is likely to have reverted back to its original form and depart Earth to return home.
- Height: 14 cm
- Weight: 150 g
- In episode 2, Kemur was Darklived by a mad biker to catch Misuzu Isurugi, and later battled (and won against) Thunder Darambia but after Hikaru Raido became Ultraman Ginga, Kemur was beaten by Ginga's Ginga Fireball.
- In episode 3, Hikaru Ultlived into Kemur to extinguish the fire in his bedroom and to combat King Pandon, but lost and was swapped out for Ultraman Ginga.
- In episode 5, Hikaru Ultlived into Kemur again to enter Jean Killer's cockpit, but after exposure to high voltage, Kemur reverted into a Spark Doll.
Ultra Strategy, Mobilization of the Science Patrol!
In the 1992 PC game, the Kemur Men sent a biological weapon to Earth in the form of Iogon in their attempt to conquer the Earth.
Kemur reappears several times in a compilation of comedic fights inspired by Ultra Fight, he is seen driving a car with his tobacco to avoid being caught by Ultraman giving him a car ticket, but he gets stopped and reprimanded by the Ultra.
Later, he is seen relaxing near a sand dune when Astra appears, having been told by Leo that he doesn't fight very well. Astra has the idea to chase Kemur around in an attempt to fight him. Kemur makes it to the top of the dune, but falls and rolls down to the bottom of the dune, dazed but unhurt. Astra thought that he had 'won' and jumps for joy.
Then, he reappears skipping along, when Ultraman bumps into him and spills a bucket of water. The two fight, and Ultraman tries to say sorry, but Kemur continues fighting, and the fray continues! Kemur picks up a wooden bat, and the two face off against each other, before deciding to fight hand to hand again. Kemur then summons a small bomb, and throws it at Ultraman, and the two play 'Hot Potato' with it. Eventually, Kemur puts the bomb away, and Ultraman gets bored, beginning to walk away, when the alien suddenly draws a pistol, and begins to shoot at Ultraman with it, knocking him down. Kemur thinks he's won, when Ultraman gets back up, and reprimands him, then punches the alien in the face, knocking him out.
Kemur later appears in a segment when he whacks Ultraseven over the head with a club. Seven pauses, and Kemur explains himself, and then dances to distract him. Zetton appears out of nowhere and restrains Seven by tying himself to the hero with a cord, and both of them start tag teaming the Ultra, with Kemur taking advantage of Seven's restrained state by rushing past and hitting him repeatedly. However, Seven somehow manages to get hold of a fan, and knocks Kemur out with it.
Kemur makes a return after almost 45 years in episode 7 of the variety show Ultra Zone, where he stops a robber from stealing a girl's purse. He even turns giant next to the modern Ferris wheel he attacked in his original appearance.
- Voice actor: Tomokazu Seki
New Ultraman Retsuden
Kemur reappeared as one of the hosts of New Ultraman Retsuden in the "Kaiju Theater" section. He appeared in episodes 15 (he talked about researched monsters), 16 (talked about the Mega Monster Battle series), 17 (appeared alongside Taro when he talked about the time when Cyphon headed the Earth), 27 (talked about more monsters they researched), 37 (talked about evil Ultramen they researched), and 52 (when they gathered around to hear Taro's greatest adventures on Earth).
- In episode 8, Alien Valky talks about Kemur's past in Ultra Q.
- In episode 15, he talks about the monster he researched on: Kanegon.
- In episode 37, he, along with Black King and Ragon, took on Chaos Ultraman and Chaosroids T and U. Kemur quickly disposed Chaosroid T with his goo attack.
- Voice actor (SD): Koichi Toshima
Ultra Super Fight
|The Birth of Ultraman||Kanegon | Garamon | M1 | Red King | Alien Baltan | Antlar | Chandora|
|Ultraman||Bemular | Alien Baltan | Neronga | Ragon | Greenmons | Guesra | Antlar | Red King | Chandora | Magular | Suflan | Pigmon | Gabora | Jirahs | Gango | Mummy Man | Dodongo | Pestar | Gamakujira | Gavadon | Alien Baltan II | Bullton | Alien Zarab | Aboras | Banila | Hydra | Kemular | Underground People | Telesdon | Jamila | Gubila | Guigass | Dorako | Red King II | Suflan II | Gomora | Dada | Goldon | Woo | Keronia | Zumbolar | Alien Mefilas | Giant Member Fuji | Alien Baltan III | Kemur II | Alien Zarab II | Skydon | Seabozu | Zaragas | Re-Pigmon | Re-Dorako | Re-Telesdon | Geronimon | Kiyla | Saigo | Alien Zetton | Zetton|
|Ultra Super Fight Kaiju|
|Alien Baltan | Astromons | Eleking | Bemstar | Kemur | Alien Godola | Delusion Ultraseven | Alien Pegassa | Alien Metron | Zetton | Reconstructed Pandon | Pandon | Woo|
|Ultraman Z Kaiju|
|Ultraman Z||Gomess | Sevenger | Genegarg | Bullton | Celebro | Neronga | Majappa | Bemstar | Segmeger | Windom | Guigass | Gomora | Telesdon | Erimaki-Telesdon | Peguila | Jugglus Juggler | Zeppandon | Gillvalis | Alien Pegassa Pega | Valis Raider | Skull Gomora | Thunder Killer | Pedanium Zetton | Alien Pitt | Tri-King | Five King | King Joe | Alien Barossa | Red King A & B | Giestron | Grigio Raiden | Kanegon | Greeza | Horoboros | Metsuboros | Alien Barossa II | Pagos | Kemur | Baraba | M1 | Kelbim | Mother Kelbim | Alien Barossa III | Ultroid Zero | Takkong | King Guesra | Demaaga | Gomess (S) | Destrudos|
|Fight! Sevenger||Sevenger | Jugglus Juggler | Crazygon | Diplas | Jirangon|
|Sevenger Fight||Sevenger | Jugglus Juggler | Jirahs | Hellzking Revised | Eleking | Dancan | Pigmon | Garamon | Gazort | Reconstructed Pandon | Alien Icarus | Gandar | Alien Ghose | Beam Missile King | Pestar | Satan Beetle | Alien Boze | Alien Akumania | Alien Kettle | Oni-on|