|First Appearance:||Ultra Q Episode 6: "Grow Up! Little Turtle"|
Kai Dragon (怪竜 Kai Ryū) was a kaiju that appeared in episode 6 of Ultra Q.
Subtitle: Ten Thousand Snake Monster (万蛇怪獣 Manhebi Kaijū)
- Length: 20 m
- Weight: 500 t
- Origin: The Dragon's Palace
After Otohime embarrassed Taro, the boy rode Gameron while chasing the girl who rode a missile. She turned the missile into Kai Dragon and had it attack Taro. The dragon killed his turtle, Gameron in a single shot and the boy fell into the sea as the dragon vanished and Otohime rescued him.
- One of the 12 Manda puppets from the Toho film, Atragon was reused for this monster.
- This monster is sometimes referred to as "Otohime's Dragon".
- Along with Taro, Otohime, and Gameron, their story is in tribute to the legendary folktale, Urashima Taro.
- In Japanese folkore, Otohime is the daughter of Ryujin, the god of the sea whom turned out to be a dragon.
Powers and Weapons
- Flame Shots: The Kai Dragon can launch non-lethal blasts of fire from his mouth.
- Flight: Being a dragon, Kai can fly in a moderate speed.