Kai Dragon (怪竜 Kai Ryū) was a Kaiju that appeared in episode 6 of Ultra Q.
Subtitle: Ten Thousand Snake Monster (万蛇怪獣 Manda Kaijū)
After Otohime embarrassed Taro, the boy rode Gameron while chasing the girl who rode a missile. She turned the missile into Kai Dragon and had it attack Taro. The dragon killed his turtle, Gameron in a single shot and the boy fell into the sea as the dragon vanished and Otohime rescued him.
- One of the 12 Manda puppets from the Toho film, Atragon was reused for this monster.
- Kai Dragon's name and subtitle are a complete inversion of Manda's. While Manda's subtitle is "Monster Dragon" (怪竜 Kai Ryū), Kai Dragon's subtitle contains the kanji reading Manda. The only distinction is that Manda's name is spelled in katakana and comes from combining "mammoth" with da, a Japanese reading for snake, whereas Kai Dragon's subtitle consists of two kanji meaning "ten thousand" and "snake."
- This monster is sometimes referred to as "Otohime's Dragon".
- Along with Taro, Otohime, and Gameron, their story is in tribute to the legendary folktale, Urashima Taro.
- In Japanese folkore, Otohime is the daughter of Ryujin, the god of the sea whom turned out to be a dragon.
- Length: 20 m
- Weight: 500 t
- Origin: The Dragon's Palace
- Powers and Weapons
- Flame Shots: The Kai Dragon can launch non-lethal blasts of fire from his mouth.
- Flight: Being a dragon, Kai can fly in a moderate speed.