Jumborg Ace (ジャンボーグA Janbōgu Ēsu) is the title of a tokusatsu/science fiction/kaiju/superhero TV series. Produced by Tsuburaya Productions, the show was broadcast on Mainichi Broadcasting System from January 17 to December 29, 1973, with a total of 50 episodes. This was also one of several shows Tsuburaya did to celebrate the company's 10th Anniversary (the other two being Ultraman Taro and Fireman).
Young air delivery boy Naoki Tachibana is out to deliver a package for his grumpy boss Daisaku Banno, when his older brother Shin'ya, who commanded the defense force, PAT (Protective Attacking Team), was killed in an attack by a giant monster called King Jyglus (which was sent by the evil alien Anti Go-Ne of the planet Groth). When PAT retaliates against a second attack by the monster, Naoki, in retaliation for his brother's death, suicidally tries to ram his air delivery plane into the monster, to their shock. When the monster downs the plane, Naoki and his plane are teleported into an energy dimension by an Ultraman-like alien from Planet Emerald. The Alien Emerald has instantly used his technology to completely modify the plane, as well as Naoki's wristwatch. He suddenly finds himself back in his cessna's cockpit in the real world, but he hears the Emerald Alien's voice, telling him to activate his wristwatch, and upon shouting the command "Jum-Fight!!!", his jet transforms into the giant cyborg, Jumborg Ace, with Naoki, in a virtual reality movement-control suit, piloting the robot from inside the head with his own physical movements! He fights with King Jyglas, eventually destroying the monster. But his battle against the Groth Aliens has only just begun...
- Naoki Tachibana (立花 ナオキ Tachibana Naoki): Naoki Tachibana
- Daisaku Banno: Jun Tazaki
- Shin'ya: Toshiaki Amada
- "Jumborg Ace"
- "Shine! PAT" (Episode 13, 14, 39)
- Lyrics: Noboru Tani
- Composition, Arrangement: Shunsuke Kikuchi
- Singer: Akira Tani, Circle Barezu
- "Fight! Jumborg 9" (Chapter 27-34, 43 episodes)
- Lyrics: Kazuho Kiyose
- Composition, Arranger: Shunsuke Kikuchi
- Singer: Akira Tani
- "Ace and Nine" (Episode 43 & 47)
- Lyrics: Yamaura Hiroyasu, Toyoaki Dan
- Composition, arrangement: Shunsuke Kikuchi
- Song: サークル・バレーズ (Circle Valley Sākuru Barē)
Home Video Releases
A Malaysian company known as VBG made a Jumborg Ace DVD with English subtitles. It's mistitled as "Ultraman Jumborg Ace".
- Jumborg Ace's special effects and sounds are reused in Ultraman Leo.
- Both series have a similar tone, being extremely dark with many deaths.
- Jumborg Ace, Fireman, and Ultraman Taro where all released on the same day and are all made for celebration of Tsuburaya Productions' 10th anniversary.