I Am an Earthling (わたしは地球人 Watashi wa chikyūjin) is the sixth The Final Chapters episode of Heisei Ultraseven.
Ultra Guard members escorted a strange coffin-like OOPart from China to be sealed in TDF’s underground facility beneath a radio station where the Omega Files were kept. Despite being an OOPart discovery, the item is kept secret from their knowledge and only a few TDF staff officers could be granted access.
Kazamori was lured into the building by a mystery girl (who recognized him as Dan/Ultraseven) that led to his arrest and extended leave by Kaji. Dan visited Furuhashi’s grave in Hokkaido where the same girl revealed to him that she came from an indigenous race of Earth before mankind took over through their invasion tens of thousands years prior. Her evidence is in the Omega Files and the OOPart sealed in TDF’s possession. She also revealed that Operation: Friendship wasn’t a planetcide attack, but an invasion attempt by Kaji to set up TDF bases in other alien planets. In Kazamori’s form, Dan was arrested by Ultra Guard and put under maximum security where his identity as Seven is exposed to all TDF and UG members, with Kaji going as far as to order the Ultra’s immediate execution.
Shiragane further investigate the matter to discover that all the documents related to the Omega Files; such as Captain Kiriyama and Nonmalt were deleted. Shiragane discovered that TDF’s Public Security Department had killed those who had the knowledge of Omega Files; having witnessed them cleaning up the Kiriyama residence of any evidence before their leader Mitsugu Ijuuin committed suicide to prevent Shiragane from further investigation. Satomi, Shima and Mizuno broke into TDF to rescue “Kazamori” from execution while Rumi worked tirelessly to hack into TDF’s Omega File databank. The monster Zabangi approached the facility to destroy the Omega Files and TDF members in it, forcing Seven to deploy Miclas and Windom to stall the monster while he broke into the facility against Kaji’s men guarding the OOPart.
Shiragane exposed the Omega Files’ content and Kaji’s corrupt actions to the TDF’s officers, they began to doubt the public broadcast of said file would endanger mankind’s status quo, but the UG captain reassured them that it would be a proof that mankind had evolved from their darker past into a civilized race. Takenaka approved this and Rumi begins broadcasting the file to outer space through the transmission antennae. With no one else to support him, Kaji was tossed aside by Seven and reduced to a sobbing wreck when knowing that mankind’s future will be doomed.
As Seven opened the OOPart, it revealed his old friend Furuhashi, alive and well despite his death by Alien Valkyrie a year prior. After his death, Furuhashi was chosen by the will of the universe due to his friendship with Ultraseven to monitor Earth’s history since its past. Furuhashi had become an eyewitness to mankind as an invader who launched their genocide to the Nonmalts on the surface. Dan became troubled of this, as it means that he had to side with the mystery woman (who is also a member of the Nonmalt) and Zabangi, but Furuhashi’s encouragement to trust in mankind and said woman preparing to destroy the Omega Files to avenge her fallen comrades encouraged Seven to side with the humans again. After reclaiming the injured Miclas and Windom, Dan transformed into Ultraseven for his final fight. Despite Seven’s act of interfering a civil war between two races (which is considered taboo in his people), he fought and killed Zabangi after calling out the Nonmalt woman for holding into her grudge since the past.
The Operation: Friendship had since terminated and Dan returned the real Kazamori to UG from his Capsule Monster container, the young man is finally healed from his injuries against Alien Valkyrie.
Dan had his final reunion with Furuhashi at the Moon base, revealing that his act of interfering with the Nonmalt-human war has made him a criminal in his kind, and that he had to return to Nebula M78 to face his punishment, regardless if Furuhashi assured him that Dan/Seven has a place among mankind on Earth. Returning to his home universe, Seven faced against a beam of light (presumably other members of his race) to be judged for misdeed on Earth.
- Dan Moroboshi (モロボシ・ダン Moroboshi Dan): Kohji Moritsugu (森次晃嗣 Moritsugu Kōji)
- Sanshiro Shiragane (シラガネ・サンシロウ Shiragane Sanshirou): Koji Nanjo (南条弘二 Nanjo Koji)
- Masaki Kazamori (カザモリ・マサキ Kazamori Masaki): Katsuyuki Yamazaki (山崎勝之 Yamazaki Katsuyuki)
- Keisuke Shima (シマ・ケイスケ Shima Keisuke): Kunio Masaoka (正岡邦夫 Masaoka Kunio):
- Takuma Mizuno (ミズノ・タクマ Mizuno Takuma): Wataru Koga (古賀亘 Koga Wataru):
- Satomi Hayakawa (ハヤカワ・サトミ Hayakawa Satomi): Kaoru Ukawa (鵜川薫 Ukawa Kaoru)
- Rumi Honjou (ホンジョウ・ルミ Honjou Rumi): Rieko Adachi (あだち理絵子 Adachi Rieko)
- Takenaka (タケナカ Takenaka): Kenji Sahara (佐原健二 Sahara Kenji)
- Kaji (カジ Kaji): Shigeki Kagemaru (影丸茂樹 Kagemaru Shigeki)
- Defense Force General Staffs (防衛軍参謀 Bōei-gun sanbō): Taro Suwa (諏訪太朗 Suwa Taro), Tsuyoshi Nakano (中野剛 Nakano Tsuyoshi), Masahiro Noguchi (野口雅弘 Noguchi Masahiro), Yoshiteru Yoshida (吉田吉輝 Yoshida Yoshiteru)
- Shigeru Furuhashi (フルハシ・シゲル Furuhashi Shigeru): Sandayu Dokumamushi (毒蝮三太夫 Dokumamushi Sandayuu)
- Mitsugu Ijuuin (伊集院貢 Ijuuin Mitsugu): Kazumasa Seki (瀬木一将 Seki Kazumasa)
- Nonmalt (ノンマルト Nonmaruto): Noriko Watanabe (渡辺典子 Watanabe Noriko)
- Ultraseven (ウルトラセブン Urutorasebun): Ryûki Kitaoka (北岡龍貴 Kitaoka Ryûki)
- Miclas (ミクラス Mikurasu): Kazunori Yokoo (横尾和則 Yokoo Kazunori)
- Windom (ウインダム Windamu): Satoshi Yamamoto (山本論 Yamamoto Satoshi)
- Zabangi (ザバンギ Zabangi): Kōichi Toshima (外島孝一 Toshima Kōichi)
Changes from the original Laserdisc and VHS cut
- The usual opening credit sequence (from most 99 OV episodes) replaced the one (which only had only few credits) that superimposed the excavation scene.
- Some background music were replaced in the DVD cut.
- Some scenes missing from the original cut were included in the DVD, including:
- A disguised Nonmalt, after Zabangi's defeat, informing Ultraseven that he was "no longer exist" in the universe before banishing for the final time
- Kazamori being reunited by his teammates after his separation from Dan/Ultraseven.
- The scene where Furuhashi watched Ultraseven leaving after the former shouted the latter's human form's name was not included in the DVD release.
- The epilogue, wherein Ultraseven was about to face trial for breaking the laws of the universe, was extended.
- Originally, Shoji Nakayama, the actor who portayed Kiriyama of the original 1967 series, was slated to appear in this episode. However, he died during the production leading the producers to have the character killed off off-screen.
- Despite being appeared in this episode, Furuhashi wasn't shown in the main character's gallery in the back of home video releases, presumably to keep it a secret until the later part of the episode. However, his actor's name was included in the casting list.
- The LD and VHS release included majority of the main characters (Dan, the UG and Kaji), alongside the disguised Nonmalt, and the scene where Dan was confronted by the said Nonmalt.