Hudram (ヒュドラム Hyudoramu) is one of the Giants of Darkness and one of the main antagonists of Ultraman Trigger: New Generation Tiga. He uses great speed in battle and is a cunning schemer, but is the most unstable of the three Giants of Darkness.
Befitting Tiga's numerous references to H. P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos and like his namesake Hudra, he is named after Mother Hydra, one of the Deep Ones. Additionally his name in Katakana, "ヒュドラム", is one letter away from Hudra (ヒュドラ ).
According to Uchusen 175 Detail of Ultraman, Hudram's suit is separated into pieces such as the bodysuit, arm covers, gloves and shoes. The helmet's peepholes are located above the eyes while the slits through his mouthplate are air vents. Like Carmeara and Darrgon, the lights on his helmet and Color Timer can be adjusted through a remote controller. The Dagger Hudram displays folding mechanism in the show, but in reality consist of two separate props in behind the scenes. The folding mode is its default option, while the brandished Dagger Hudram requires the replacement of another right arm cover in-between takes and has a handle for the suit actor's right hand to grip.
As the tactician behind the team, Hudram relies on his wits during combat, such as his preference to use various forms of tricks. He also has a hidden brutal side that if left unchecked, he can destroy a single planet through his blind rage. He is comparatively weak, but what he lacks in strength, he makes up for with his nimble maneuvering and brutal cunning on the battlefield. His specialty is psychological warfare, provoking his opponent's emotions and using their own mind against them. He has a habit of using the word "excellent" to describe things.
Pre-Ultraman Trigger: New Generation Tiga
Hudram, with the other Giants of Darkness, arrived on Earth 30 million years ago to locate the Eternity Core, fighting against Yuzare directly or by controlling Dark Monsters. At some point, he brought Metsu-Orga to the Earth but decided not to unleash it as he feared it would consume the Eternity Core's energy. Trigger Dark captured Yuzare and used her to open the gate towards the Eternity Core, allowing the other Giants of Darkness to enter. However, Kengo Manaka convinced Trigger Dark to turn to the light, becoming Ultraman Trigger, who fought the Giants of Darkness with the help of Yuzare and the power of the Eternity Core. They were petrified into stone statues, and were left to float through the universe.
Ultraman Trigger: New Generation Tiga
"Excellent! I've missed you, Trigger. And now for a graceful fight."
- ―Hudram challenges Trigger to a battle
In the present day, Hudram appeared and kidnapped Yuna Shizuma, wanting Yuzare to emerge from her and tell him where the Eternity Core was. Ignis, Kengo Manaka and Akito Hijiri ruin his plan, but Hudram summoned Gazort to put Yuna's life in danger hoping that Yuzare would reemerge. He then fought against Ultraman Trigger but was blasted away by the Nursedessei. Enraged at the interruption of his battle, Carmeara and Darrgon had to restrain Hudram or he might have ended up destroying the world. With the three Giants of Darkness reunited, they continued their quest to find the Eternity Core.
Somehow, Hudram modified a Gigadelos into Satandelos, and got it to arrive onto the Earth. When GUTS-Select destroyed its barrier with the help if Ignis, Hudram showed up to fight them for getting in the way. Kengo transformed into Trigger and fought Hudram, and blasted him away with the Runboldt Beam Shell while he was distracted.
After repeated monster attacks, Carmeara decided to attack Trigger directly, managing to perform her Curse of Darkness on him that turned him back into Trigger Dark.However, after his ordeal in the past, Kengo returned to the future, causing the Giants of Darkness to somehow remember that he was the one who turned Trigger to the light in the first place. The Giants of Darkness attack Kengo, now transformed into Ultraman Trigger, and had the upper hand until Yuzare's spirit emerged from within Yuna and granted Trigger a fragment of the Eternity Core, allowing him to transform into Glitter Trigger Eternity. He forced the Giants of Darkness to retreat after firing his Glitter Zeperion Beam at them, and then finished off Trigger Dark.
Soon, the Absolutian warriors Absolute Tartarus and Absolute Diavolo invaded Trigger's world in search of the Eternity Core. They threatened the Giants of Darkness to stand down and surrender the Eternity Core to them, which they did after being outclassed by Diavolo. However, after Carmeara's observations of GUTS-Select's plan to counterattack, they decided to restrain Diavolo while his energy was getting absorbed, as the Giants of Darkness and GUTS-Select now had a common enemy. This ultimately led toward the defeat of Diavolo and the Absolutians' deferring of taking the Eternity Core.
Ignis gained the power to transform into Trigger Dark after obtaining the Black Sparklence, and sought to take revenge against Hudram. However, his power was imperfect and he went berserk. In his prior battle against Ultraman Trigger, they unearthed the egg of Metsu-Orga, which Hudram placed on the Earth long ago but never awakened out of fear of it consuming the Eternity Core. Ignis challenged Hudram, who refused to properly fight him and unleashed Metsu-Orga and fled. He watched the battle go on as Metsu-Orga evolved into Metsu-Orochi.
A Kyriel came to the Earth and unleashed the Morpheus R cosmic waves, which showed the Giants of Darkness illusions of their greatest desires. Carmeara longed to see the Trigger she knew again, Darrgon wanted Yuna's affection and Hudram desired to be the leader of the trio. The effects of Morpheus R soon wore off, and Hudram started to accuse Carmeara of being incompetent as a leader, starting a fight between them despite Darrgon's efforts to keep them together. With that, the unity between the Giants of Darkness fell apart, and Hudram began acting on his own.
Hudram decided to call Barriguiler to the Earth to enlist his help in capturing Yuzare after she had fully awakened. The monster was afraid at first due to his previous loss against Yuzare in the past, but Hudram managed to convince him to do it after bribing him with Planet Kisaragi's Comet Buns, which were Barriguiler's favourite food. The plan seemed to be going well at first until Yuna convinced Barriguiler to turn against Hudram, saying that Hudram lied and wants to plunge the world into darkness. Hudram retreated after fighting both Barriguiler and Glitter Trigger Eternity.
"You're too trusting. You knew I'd betrayed you, didn't you? I'm afraid this is goodbye. When I become the King of Darkness, I'll be sure to work you like slaves!"
- ―Hudram betrays his former allies
For his final plan, Hudram called the other two Giants of Darkness to their usual hideout. He then had them binded so that he can take the Eternity Core for himself. Using Yuna's awakened power, Ignis opened the way to the Eternity Core, which Hudram took advantage of. Hudram took Yuna as a hostage until Akito appeared and helped her get free. Ignis and Hudram then had their final showdown in the ruins, with the former transforming into Trigger Dark. At first, Hudram was having the upper hand until Trigger arrived with Mecha Musashin's katana, which he gave to Trigger Dark. The two giants were having a stalemate until Kengo, Akito and Yuna started cheering Ignis on. Because of their bonds, Ignis was able to use the Glitter Trigger Eternity key to fire an empowered Dark Zeperion Beam at Hudram, defeating him for the last time.
Hudram later stumbled out, still alive but defeated. He was confronted by Carmeara, who killed him by disintegrating his body and stealing his power of darkness.
Alongside a duplicate of Darrgon, a duplicate of Hudram was summoned by Carmeara using the Darkness generated by Megalothor's Second Form in an attempt to stop GUTS-Select from accessing the energy of the Eternity Core. the copies of Hudram and Darrgon assaulted the Nursedessei and engaged GUTS-Select in hand-to-hand combat, but were defeated and evaporated away after Yuna accessed the Eternity Core's power.
- Color Timer: Uniquely among his peers, Hudram's Color Timer is situated on the left side of his chest, within the shaded area of his torso.
- Light Crystal
- Super Speed: Being agile warrior, Hudram excels in speedy tactics and combat approaches.
- Aerial Proficiency: Hudram is capable of fighting in mid-air combat, partially due to his aforementioned speed.
- Monster Control: Hudram is capable of manipulating a monster to his liking.
- Size Change: Hudram is able to shrink to the size of a human and change to his gigantic size at will.
- Binding Ring: Hudram binds his target using a blue light.
- Dagger Hudram (ダガーヒュドラム Dagā Hyudoramu): A foldable arm-mounted knife on his right arm.
- Hudelbow (ヒュドエルボー Hyudoerubō): Hudram bashes the enemy using the side of his right arm while the Dagger Hudram is folded.
- Hudrast (ヒュドラスト Hyudorasuto): An energy wave from Dagger Hudram, which he uses to overwhelm his opponents with powerful wind.
- Energy Blade: An arc of energy released from the Dagger Hudram.
Ultra Monster Series
- Agile Tactician Hudram (2021)
- Release Date: July 2021
- ID Number: 150
- Price: 600 yen
- JAN/ISBN: 4549660645474
- Materials: PVC
- Ultra Monster Series "Agile Tactician Hudram" is a 15-cm soft vinyl figure with 3 points of articulation on the waist and arms. Molded in both white (lower torso, right arm) and black (upper torso, left arm) PVC plastic, Hudram features primarily black, white, and metallic blue paint detailing.
- Carmeara/Darrgon/Hudram 3-pack (2021)
- Release Date: July 22, 2021
- Price: 5,280 yen
- JAN/ISBN: 4990593856718
- Released as part of the Ultra Heroes EXPO 2021 exclusive Chibi Nuigurumi 3-pack along with Carmeara and Darrgon, this Hudram is a super-deformed plush toy.
- Hudram is represented in Zabil's Ultra Ancient Stone Tablet as a bird-like creature.
- Compared to his counterpart, Hudra, Hudram's color scheme is primarily based on numerous shades of blue, instead of a combination of dark blue and purple.
- The positioning of his Color Timer harkens back to Ultraman Nice. The black and white asymmetrical coloration of his body invokes the design of Kyrieloid from Ultraman Tiga.
- Televi-Magazine July 2021 issue, pages 43-49
- Detail of ULTRAMAN ウルトラマントリガー特写写真集 LEGEND OF LIGHT pages 84-86
- Uchusen 173 page 081 ISBN 978-4-7986-2526-3