Homare Soya is a 25-year-old member with a sense of justice and is faithful to any given mission.
He is Hiroyuki's senior and is often angered when Hiroyuki runs off on important missions. As he often takes on dangerous tasks, Homare puts his high physicality to use while partnering with Hiroyuki.
At some point Homare's parents disappeared and left him. During his high school years, he became aggressive and started to get into conflicts with various aliens, including Alien Zetton. On one of his outings, he had dealt with a few aliens but decided to take in Volk, who had idolized him for his ability to stand up against aliens. Eventually he found his way to EGIS, and was given the name "Soya" by Kana, which Homare was grateful for. Homare took Hiroyuki Kudo as his junior and after the latter had joined the team.
Some time later, Homare and Hiroyuki were sent to investigate a Monster Bomb threat, when they were captured by Volk and some other henchmen. Vol told Homare that he used to look up to him, but Homare could not agree with his ways. During their fight, a henchmen sent by Zolin appeared and shot at Volk, critically injuring him just as the Monster Bomb was about to detonate, revealing Darebolic. Volk explained to him that he was blackmailing the government for money so that he could give it to alien children who needed help to survive. Volk passed on a crystal to Homare, which contained the essence of Ultraman Fuma, and died shortly after. This incident made Homare reflect on how the many aliens have been living in the city.
During a sparring session with Hiroyuki, Homare saw a woman being chased by two suspicious men. Homare and Hiroyuki fought them off and revealed their true identities as Hupnath and Alien Keel. The woman is brought to the EGIS office where she introduces herself as Maiko Namekata, Homare's childhood friend. She hires Hiroyuki and Homare to be her bodyguards after being convinced by Kana Sasaki and Pirika Asahikawa. It took a while before Homare recognized his childhood friend.
After a few short interactions with Hiroyuki, talking about Homare, the aliens came back. After a chase, Homare got into a fight with the Keel and accidentally broke the talisman Maiko was carrying, unleashing Majappa. During a bit of dialogue between Homare and the Alien Keel, Maiko finds out that the former is actually an alien. Eventually, Homare manages to knock the Alien Keel out with two hard punches. As a few pieces of a building came falling on Maiko, she stopped them mid-air and destroyed the rubble, exposing her abilities to Homare, which surprises him.
With the battle over, Maiko tells Homare about her marriage and what her fiance said to her. This inspired Homare to tell the truth of his identity to his fellow EGIS members, who did not mind at all.
Later on, he encounters Seiji Komori, who he tries to befriend after finding out he, too, was an oppressed alien. However, Homare soon found out that he and an accomplice were behind a recent Bemular attack, and got into a fight in which Homare was knocked out. Hitomi Mizuno, an Alien Pitt and Seiji's partner, was there to bring him back to consciousness. Homare fought against Seiji on a rooftop while Zetton, summoned by Seiji, fought Ultraman Taiga. After knocking some sense into him, Seiji decided to give up on his revenge against humans. While visiting him a while later, Homare was shot by Kirisaki. He was then hospitalized, putting Hiroyuki in enough distress to make him leave EGIS, thinking it was his fault for getting his friends hurt. Homare made a recovery and was back to work.
When Woola appeared, Homare tried to stop Pirika Asahikawa from sacrificing herself, but was ultimately unable to. After being contacted by her, EGIS, Foreign Affairs X as well as Maguma and Markind worked together to carry out a plan to put Woola out of its misery, by firing a white hole to counteract the black hole in its body, and then have Ultraman Taiga fire his Ultra Beam at it. Homare and Maguma were placed in charge of firing the Magma Wave from Maguma's ship, and then the white hole capsule after that, with the plan eventually coming to a success.
Ultraman Taiga The Movie: New Generation Climax
Homare, Hiroyuki and Maguma go out on a mission to deal with Dada and his henchmen, who stole the Blue Stone of Baradhi from an exhibition. Later on, Homare and Pirika go out to seek Alien Fanton to ask him for information on recent alien activity, and he tells them about how Grimdo was predicted to be coming to Earth. Homare was helpless as a virus had hacked Pirika, causing her to overheat and move uncontrollably until Daichi Oozora came along and repaired her. Later on, Homare was dispatched to deal with Kirisaki, who had been seen on a rooftop. He fails to beat his adversary even with the help of Hikaru Raido and Sho.
After Grimdo had been defeated, the Tri-Squad separate from Hiroyuki and thank him and EGIS, before they say goodbye and leave.
- Powers and Weapons
- Combat Proficiency: Homare is a good fighter, being able to take on several aliens at once, unarmed.
- Stun Rod: A melee weapon for EGIS field units, Homare carries an electrical stun rod.
- Strength: Homare is strong enough to break through chains wrapped around him.
- Extraordinary Jumper: Homare jumps to a great height.
- Reflexes: Homare demonstrated excellent reflexes as an alien, he is capable of getting Kamazu out of a building before young mother Zandrias fell upon it.
- Energy Punch: Homare can unleash punches that unleash energy waves on impact.
- In a report written by Homare, he asks EGIS's manager if their office is haunted by ghosts, having noticed the company's computers and phones blink on and off seemingly without reason. This may show he either has a fear of the supernatural or is easily scared.
- Homare has a winning streak against Hiroyuki in their training sessions, at 267 to 0.
- Homare is afraid of octopus, and cannot stand the sight of their underbelly. This is actually based on his actor's own inability to eat octopus because of allergies.
- According to director Ryuichi Ichino, Hiroyuki and Homare's relationship was made as a parallel to Musashi Haruno and Keisuke Fubuki.
- Homare's name comes from the Japanese word for "Honor" (誉 Homare).