Gukulushisa (グクルシーサー Gukuru Shīsā) is a lion-like Kaiju who first appears in Ultraman Geed The Movie: Connect the Wishes!.
Subtitle: Sacred Lion Beast (獅子聖獣 Shishi Seijū)
Gukulu (グクル Gukuru) means "heart" in Okinawan dialect, with the Shisa (シーサー Shīsā), in both its name and design, being a direct reference to the Okinawan mythological being, the Shisa.
Gukulushisa were a kind of divine beast that watched over life-bearing planets. There used to be more of their kind, but as civilizations advanced and nature was destroyed, they vanished and were forgotten to time. That was until Queen Izana found a lone member wandering the universe, and invited it to join her in the Galaxy Rescue Force.
During Shisa's initial time in the organisation, the group reached out to the Elite Task Force division of the Inter Galactic Defense Force, inquiring about sourcing a trainer for Shisa. This would lead to him becoming sparring partners with Ultraman Neos, whom he spent so much time with that Neos was eventually about to understand and be an interpreter for Shisa.
Ultra Galaxy Fight: The Absolute Conspiracy
After the two's heroic efforts, Ultraman Taro dispatched Ultraman Ribut and Sora to a position in the Galaxy Rescue Force. Gukulushisa along with Queen Izana and Andro Melos, welcomed the two newcomers of the group.
Ultraman Geed The Movie: Connect the Wishes!
At some point, Gukulushisa was sent to Geed's Earth in ancient times, tasked with being the keeper of Red Steel at the back of the Okinawa forest. Its motive was to protect nature and all living creatures there. While there, it encountered the alien refugee Airu Higa, who would later come to keep the creature within her pendant. In present times, it was summoned to confront the Galactron army that attacked the Okinawa in search of the Red Steel. While it fought well in both of its encounters with the MK-2 Galactron, it was overpowered both times. Its whereabouts as of present are unknown, but it may still reside in Airu's pendant left behind after her death.
- Gukulushisa being based on the Okinawan Shisa is in a similar vein to fellow ally Kaiju King Caesar from the Godzilla franchise.
- This is the first time in 12 years that a quadruped Kaiju had been introduced. The previous one being Gromite in Ultraman Mebius.
- Gukulushisa's suit would be repurposed into Merliger for a Singapore web series.
- Height: 50 m (Full Height), 40 m (Body Height)
- Weight: 43,000 t
- Origin: Okinawa
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 4
- Maximum Jumping Height: 800 m
- Maximum Underwater Speed: TBA
- Maximum Underground Speed: 120 km/h
- Arm Strength: 120,000 t
- Power: 5.5 million horsepower
- Powers and Weapons
- Gukuru Chimi (グクルチミー Gukuru Chimī): Gukulushisa has the ability of growing himself to the size of Kaiju.
- Shisa Scratching (シーサースクラッチング Shīsā Sukuratchingu): Gukulushisa charges his entire body with blue energy and pounces at the target. This attack is powerful enough to destroy a Galactron with one blow.
- Gukuru Tail (グクルテール Gukuru Tēru): Gukulushisa's tail is strong enough to hurt opponents.
- Tail Whipper (テールホイッパー Tēru Hoippā): Gukulushisa whips the opponent using its tail.