- Bone: Flame Bone Monster (火炎骨獣 Kaen Kotsu-jū)
- King: Bombing Bone Monster (爆撃骨獣 Bakugeki Kotsu-jū)
- Regina: Super Armored Monster (超鎧装獣 Chō Gai Sō-jū)
- Raiden: Bombing Thunder Monster (爆撃雷獣 Bakugeki Raijū)
"Grigio" means "Gray" in Italian and "Regina" is Italian for "Queen".
Grigio Raiden: The Raiden in its name is derived from the Kanji for "thunder and lightning" (雷電).
A long time ago, Grigio and her brothers climbed up the Crusader's Peak of Planet O-50 to escape from the Balsas Gang and their Margodon, who were chasing them. At the top, they were given the R/B Gyros and R/B Crystals. While her brothers became Ultramen, Grigio turned into the monster Grigio Bone, and they successfully defeated the Balsas Gang.
The three siblings traveled throughout space, and eventually, the brothers obtain the Wind and Earth crystals, while Grigio obtained the Weapon Crystal, which allowed her to evolve into Grigio King. However, while her brothers received endless thanks for their heroic deeds, Grigio was always left in their shadows due to her nature as a monster.
On Planet Gion, there was a legend of a red dragon, who looks like Grigio Bone, who would destroy the world. The Zarra Tribe was under attack by Alien Egon Ciel and his two robots Barrigator No.1 and 2, but the people refused to flee because they believe the desert god will protect them. Grigio decides to become Grigio Bone to scare them into fleeing. The fleeing Zarra people encounter a Barrigator who tries to kill them, but they take up arms after seeing the child Verte do so. The combined will of the people allowed Grigio to create the Attack crystal, and evolved into Grigio Regina, who destroyed the robot. Grigio ran out of energy and reverted back to her humanoid form, and she was cared for by the people and she received thanks for the first time.
The Ring of Light of Planet O-50 gave the siblings another mission, to stop the Space White Blood Cell Leugocyte. The plan to solidify it using the Gyros fails, so the three siblings have no choice but to attack it. Leugocyte displayed terrifying power, enough to turn Grigio Regina back into King and then Bone. The fierce battle between Leugocyte, the two Ultramen and Grigio created a wormhole that brought them just outside the Earth's atmosphere.
The three warriors fought Leugocyte in space, but were overcome by its power and they crash landed onto Earth. The two Ultramen disappeared and left behind was their sister.
Landing on Earth, Grigio Bone became a mythical monster featured in legends of Ayaka City, crashing to the Earth in a meteorite known as the Ayaka Star, along with two giants of light, 1300 years ago. It is said that people attacked him, but Grigio Bone swallowed them whole. He was given the name Grigio-sama (偶龍爾王様 Gurujio-Sama) by the locals, and Ayaka City was named after the incident.
In the present, Grigio Bone was summoned by the power of a Kaiju Crystal by Makoto Aizen. First spotted by a couple taking photos, the footage of him was dismissed by Katsumi as CGI until Isami revealed his device had detected the monster's activity as well.
Grigio Bone then reappeared the next day when he emerged from a building and decided to go on a rampage after spotting Katsumi Minato and Isami Minato looking at him. The two brothers then went into a park where they decided to distract the Kaiju to save a young boy named Kiwamu and just as they were about to be burned to death, the two brothers were given the R/B Gyro and Crystals. Katsumi and Isami then transformed into Ultraman Rosso and Blu respectively, fighting for the first time as an Ultra.
A fierce battle began in Ayaka City, with Grigio Bone fighting against Rosso and Blu who were seemingly inexperienced in battle. Blu made the first move, but Grigio Bone dodged his Jumping Kick easily and threw him back at Rosso. The Kaiju then accelerated at the duo, but Rosso stopped him with his Flame Bullet and Blu used his Water Jet for the first time as well. As the two Ultramen and Kaiju fought on, Rosso pulled up a tree from the ground and used it against the Kaiju but the Kaiju then caught it in his mouth and used Rosso as a shield against Blu's kick. Grigio Bone then unleashed his Bone Breathter on the brothers.
After a discussion, Rosso and Blu decided to switch R/B Crystals and for the first time, switched forms as well. Rosso used his Aqua Mirror Wall to block Grigio Bone's Bone Breathter and while they were fighting, Blu launched his Fire Bullets at the Kaiju and, inadvertently, his own brother, causing the two of them to argue leading to an awkward moment with Grigio Bone which lasted until the Kaiju scared them with his roar.
Afterwards, the two brothers worked together in combat, and even with their Color Timers flashing after attacking the Kaiju with their W Kick, they didn't let up as they grabbed Grigio Bone, knocked him down, then swung him around with their Ultra Swing. The two Ultramen then encased Grigio Bone in a Splash Bomb and sent him flying with the Flame Equilix. In the end, Rosso and Blu switched back to their original forms and struck down Grigio Bone with the brothers' Flame Sphere Shoot and Aqua Stream and the Kaiju exploded in the process and Makoto reclaimed the kaiju's Kaiju Crystal in the aftermath.
This wasn't the end of Grigio Bone, however, as Makoto transformed into Grigio once again and went on a rampage. Isami planned on taking on Grigio bone alone but for some reason, he couldn't transform into Blu. Even Grigio seemed confused by this revelation. Just as the Kaiju was about to fry Isami, Ultraman Rosso interfered with his Flying Kick. While the two brothers were fighting, Grigio tried to get Rosso to fight him again, but when Rosso pushed him away, Grigio slapped him so hard, it left a mark. Embarrassed, Makoto reverted back to his human form.
After finding out that Isami couldn't transform because he got scared of becoming Ultraman after almost killing Kaoru, Makoto got flustered by this revelation and, without hesitation, transformed into Grigio Bone once again and once again Katsumi transformed into Rosso to take care of the kaiju. During the fight, Rosso held the upper hand at first with his R/B Sluggers, but then he went on the defensive and shielded Isami and Kaoru from Grigio's numerous Bone Breathters which left him weakened. After thinking back to his childhood and hearing inspiring words from Kaoru, Isami finally gained enough courage to regain the power to transform into Ultraman Blu once again and similar to earlier, Blu saved Rosso from Grigio with his Jumping Kick.
After both of them dodged another Bone Breathter, Rosso and Blu transformed into their Aqua and Wind forms respectfully. Blu then trapped Grigio inside a tornado and Rosso the same with a giant Splash Bomb. Blu then summoned his R/B Slugger and used the power Ultraman X 's R/B Crystal to attack Grigio with his Spark Attacker, which left Grigio stunned. The two brothers then destroyed Grigio Bone once and for all with their Flame-Aqua Hybrid Shoot.
- Grigio Bone's suit is modified from Shepherdon's. It would later be remodeled into Grigio King, while Grigio Regina remained as a separate suit.
- In a concept art, Grigio Bone was actually grey in color, true to its name, but was changed to red because it looked too much like Seabozu.
When Saki Mitsurugi lends Makoto her Gyro, he initially tries to transform into Grigio Bone, but she swaps the crystal out for Grigio King. Makoto transforms into the monster to have his revenge against Rosso and Blu and beats them after they exhaust their greatest techniques. However, Saki commanded D.R.L.N to fire a tranquilizer ray from the Aizen Tech building at Grigio King, putting it to sleep. The authorities then restrained the immobile monster using cables. When the time was right, Saki reawakened the sleeping Grigio King, who promptly when on a destructive spree. The Minato Brothers come back to fight Grigio King again, but even with a new strategy, the monster was too tough. Once more, they tried using the Ultraman and Belial Crystals, but failed until Asahi came along and reminded them of their mother's words - that when the two of them are together, they can do anything. With that, they unlocked the power of Ultraman Ruebe, who fought Grigio King and destroyed it.
- In a concept art, Grigio King had tusks and wing-like structures on its back instead of the Grigio Barrel. These features were to be carried over to Grigio Regina as well, but these were ultimately scrapped.
Saki encountered Katsumi and Isami while she was going back to Aizen Tech, and she told the boys to leave the planet along with their family. However, they refused, saying that they can find another solution. With no other choice, Saki transformed into Grigio Regina. Grigio Regina easily withstands all of the brothers' attacks, even Ultraman Ruebe's, as she marched on to Aizen Tech to detonate the planet. However, the Leugocyte Crystal suddenly activated and forced her out of her transformation. As Leugocyte freed itself from its prison, Saki could do nothing but watch the destroyer's arrival.
Saki once again assumed the form of Grigio Regina, trying to put her plan into action. She first tried to stall it until the Ray Energy gathered at the Aizen Tech building, which would allow her to destroy the planet along with Leugocyte. However, all of her attacks were easily withstood by Leugocyte. Grigio Regina and Leugocyte then battled inside a barrier set up around Aizen Tech to prevent Leugocyte from escaping. Saki absorbed the power of other R/B Crystals, gaining a power up, but Leugocyte was still unaffected by Grigio Regina's attacks. Rosso and Blu later arrived to help Grigio Regina by countering Leugocyte's Genesis Requiem with their own beams and, reminded of her older brothers, Saki stepped in front and took the next beam Leugocyte fired. Grigio Regina then disappeared, and Saki died.
- Suit Actor: Hiroyuki Arai.
- As a further example of the use of Italian in Ultraman R/B, Grigio Regina's name includes the Italian and Latin word for 'Queen', Regina.
- Grigio Bone suit is revealed to be modified from Shepherdon's. It would later be remodeled into Grigio King, while Grigio Regina remained as a separate suit.
- In some scrapped concept art, Grigio Bone was actually grey in color, true to its name, but was changed to red because it looked too much like Seabozu. Grigio King also had tusks and wing-like structures on its back instead of the Grigio Barrel. These features were to be carried over to Grigio Regina as well, but these were ultimately scrapped.
Ultraman R/B The Movie
Asahi transforms into Grigio Regina via Saki's Gyro to help Blu and Geed fight against Snake Darkness. However, after a short fight, Grigio Regina is defeated. Ultraman Rosso returns from Planet Hostar 21 to help Blu and Geed fight Snake Darkness and Ultraman Tregear, who just appeared, but they defeated the Minato brothers and Riku, who quickly transform again. Seeing her brothers fight, Asahi transforms into Grigio Regina again but they are still outclassed. Suddenly, Saki's essence within the Gyro appears and reaches out to Asahi. Grigio Regina's exoskeleton cracks open and reveals Ultrawoman Grigio.
A decade prior to the series, Grigio Raiden (グルジオライデン Gurujio Raiden) was one of the many aftermaths of Celebro's Civilization Self-Destruction Game by tampering with alien civilizations into pushing their technological advancements. Raiden crash-landed on Planet Earth, where it hibernated within the underground of Yamanashi Prefecture while GAFJ studied its modified parts to create their own SAA units. At least in 2015, Sevenger was introduced as the result of their studies and first used to counter the Namegon attack that had been terrorizing Japan for two weeks. The research eventually continued and Windom was introduced during the series' run as yet another result of their studies.
Grigio Raiden awakened in the present day and fought against Sevenger and Windom, and then Ultraman Z. Z tried to finish the monster with Zestium Beam. However, it retreated underground due to Haruki's hesitance, because of his trauma from killing Red King.
After studying a cell sample left during the previous battle, it was found that Grigio Raiden needed time to recharge its cannon after each use, though this took less time if the monster had access to a supply of metal. A plan was set in motion to provoke the monster into firing its cannon at an unnecessary time, weakening it to the point that it was unable to defend against a killing blow to its weak point, the glowing orb on its back just behind the cannon. Grigio Raiden re-emerged in a scrapyard, feeding on cars and other metal scrap to recharge its energy. King Joe STORAGE Custom was mobilized, piloted by Yoko Nakashima. Yoko managed to weaken Grigio Raiden and provoke it into firing its Destroy Cannon with King Joe's Separate Mode, then Haruki joined the fight with Windom, attempting to restrain the monster with wires and grappling hooks. As the two machines moved in to attempt to take out Grigio Raiden, the beast suddenly broke free, throwing Windom and King Joe to the ground and tearing into the former's chest to recharge itself by feeding on the robot's wiring.
With no choices left, Haruki transformed into Z Alpha Edge, and began battling Grigio Raiden in a physical fight, attempting to avoid the monster's blows while administering some of his own. After weakening the beast, Z prepared to fire his Zestium Beam, but once again Haruki became unable to fight after witnessing Grigio Raiden crying out in pain to the point of shedding tears. Because of Haruki's unpreparedness, Z powered down to Z Original and was defenseless against an incoming cannon blast. All seemed lost, as the monster took aim at King Joe, but just in the nick of time, Yoko was able to get the machine to its feet. After launching King Joe into the air, Yoko commanded the machine to fire its Multiple Launch Pedanium Rocket System, the explosions throwing Grigio Raiden off the mark. Jettisoning its legs to avoid the cannon's beam, King Joe fired a shot from the Pedanium Particle Cannon at the monster's weak point at close range, ending Grigio Raiden's life in a titanic explosion.
As Yoko searched for Haruki with King Joe, calling out his name, Z reverted back to Haruki, who cried out in anguish at the loss of Grigio Raiden, as well as all the other monsters he had defeated over the previous weeks and months.
- The Grigio Raiden suit is a modified repaint of Grigio King's, with mechanical features and the glowing orb on its back added on.
- The "Thunder Monster" in Grigio Raiden's subtitle is actually read as Raijū in Japanese, the word itself refers to a legendary creature which accompanied the Shinto lightning god Raijin.
Grigio Bone (グルジオボーン Gurujio Bōn) is the basic form of Grigio. The R/B Crystal used to transform into it was obtained by its namesake user from the Crusader's Peak of O-50.
It was originally Saki's first Crystal to be used in her transformation, briefly losing it after crash-landing on Earth, where the Cereza-possessed Makoto Aizen used it twice in against the modern inheritors of her brothers' mantle.
- Height: 60 m
- Weight: 62,000 t
- Origin: Crusader's Peak, Planet O-50 (Crystal)
- Arm Strength: 185,000 t
- Grip Strength: 98,000 t
- Powers and Weapons
- Burrowing: Grigio Bone can remain submerged underground for a very long period before returning to the surface.
- Bone Breathter (ボーンブレスター Bōn Buresutā): Grigio Bone's primary attack where he spits flames of up to a million degrees out of his mouth. In Ultraman Fusion Fight!, he can also spit out several fireball-like blasts of this attack, before finishing with a stronger breath of fire.
- Acceleration: Grigio Bone has the ability to run at fast speeds.
- Bone Tail (ボーンテール Bōn Tēru): Grigio Bone's tail is strong enough to knock down two Ultras at once.
- Bone Slap (ボーンスラップ Bōn Surappu): Grigio Bone slaps the opponent.
Grigio King (グルジオキング Gurujio Kingu) is an evolution of Grigio Bone, assumed in Saki's R/B Gyro by inserting the Grigio Bone Crystal (Demon) before inserting Grigio King Crystal (Weapon). Saki obtained its Crystal and used to assume this form during one of her many adventures with her late brothers and briefly lent it to the Cereza-possessed Makoto Aizen.
- Height: 60 m
- Weight: 69,000 t
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 0.5
- Arm Strength: 192,000 t
- Grip Strength: 102,000 t
- Powers and Weapons
- Grigio Barrel (グルジオバレル Gurujio Bareru): Grigio King has a large cannon mounted to his back.
- Giga King Cannon (ギガキングキャノン Giga Kingu Kyanon): Its cannon can shoot a destructive yellow ray, which is strong enough to overcome the Triple Origium Beam. After firing the cannon, the Grigio Barrel has to cooldown for about 2.5 seconds before it can be fired again.
- Neo Bone Breathter (ネオボーンブレスター Neo Bōn Buresutā): An evolution of Grigio Bone's Bone Breathter, being four times more powerful and able to counter the Flame-Aqua Hybrid Shoot.
- Bone Shocking (ボーンシショッキング Bōn Shokkingu): Grigio King can conduct electricity through his touch to shock opponents. He can either send an electrical shock through the hand or empower his claws with electricity.
- Tough Hide: Grigio King's exterior is much tougher than its predecessor's, not being affected by the R/B Slugger Blu and being able to catch and crush the Flame Sphere Shoot.
- Claws: Grigio King has sharp, bladed claws for hands, which he can use in melee combat.
Grigio Regina (グルジオレギーナ Gurujio Regīna) is the most powerful evolution of Grigio, obtained when its namesake user from the bravery of Zarra Tribe in Planet Gion. Transforming into it can either go by placing both Grigio Bone and King Crystals beforehand or simply inserting the Grigio Regina Crystal. In certain situations, defeated in Grigio Regina can result in devolution into King and finally Grigio Bone if too much damage had been taken.
The main user is Saki Mitsurugi, but the Crystal and the Gyro itself was passed on to Asahi Minato, who used it twice a year after the former's passing.
- Height: 65 m
- Weight: 91,000 t
- Origin: Planet Gion (Crystal)
- Maximum Running Speed: Mach 0.7
- Underwater Traveling Speed: Mach 0.5
- Underground Traveling Speed: Mach 0.4
- Arm Strength: 200,000 t
- Grip Strength: 113,000 t
- Powers and Weapons
- Erga-Trio Lancia (エルガトリオランチア Erugatorio Ranchia): Grigio Regina has three cannons on her body, one mounted on each shoulder and one on her chest.
- Rapid Fire Cannon: The three cannons shoot a barrage of missiles.
- Erga-Trio Cannon (エルガトリオキャノン Erugatorio Kyanon): Grigio Regina fires beams from all three cannons, which then merge into a singular, powerful beam strong enough to shatter the R/B Kourin's barrier and defeat Ultraman Ruebe.
- Regina Corsa (レギーナコルサ Regīna Korusa): A rushing tackle attack.
- Regina Voltagio (レギーナボルテジオ Regīna Borutejio): Like Grigio King, Grigio Regina can also use electricity to attack, channeled through her horn and hands.
- Regina Corno (レギーナコルノ Regīna Koruno): Grigio Regina's horn.
- Corno Assault (コルノアサルト Koruno Asaruto): Grigio Regina attacks with its horn.
- Spiked Tail: Grigio Regina's tail is split in two, and both points are covered in sharp spines. Considering Grigio Bone's earlier use of his tail as a weapon, Regina's is likely even more effective.
- Tough Hide: Grigio Regina's exterior is even more sturdy than Grigio King's, being able to withstand the Ruebe Vortex Buster.
- Flame Breath (Unused): An even further evolution of Grigio Bone's Bone Breathter, it has enough power to match the Sun's thermonuclear reactions.
- Evolve: Grigio Regina can evolve into Ultrawoman Grigio.
- Height: 60 m
- Weight: 72,000 t
- Origin: Space → Yamanashi Prefecture
- Weakness: The glowing blue orb on its back is unprotected, so a strong enough attack on the spot can instantly destroy the monster.
- Powers and Weapons
- Raiden Destroy Cannon (ライデンデストロイキャノン Raiden Desutoroi Kyanon): Grigio Raiden charges and fires a powerful blue beam of energy from its back cannon.
- Raiden Breathter (ライデンブレスター Raiden Buresutā): A stream of super hot flames from its mouth.
- Energy Consumption: Grigio Raiden can consume the energy of electrical objects such as cars or robots to regain its own energy.
- Burrowing: Grigio Raiden can burrow itself underground using its claws.
|Ultraman R/B Kaiju|
|Ultraman R/B||Grigio Bone | Cereza | Black King | Gargorgon | Red King | Gue-Basser | Mecha Gomora | Aribunta | Ultraman Orb Dark | Gomess (S) | Horoboros | Bezelb | Gubila | Grigio King | Neronga | Pigmon | Booska | Dada | Alien Zarab | Alien Mefilas | Alien Chibull | Alien Bado | Alien Pitt | Alien Nackle | King Joe | Grand King Megalos | Gomora | Kamisori Demaaga | Grigio Regina | Leugocyte|
|Ultraman R/B The Movie: Select! The Crystal of Bond||Bemstar | Gan-Q | Alien Pegassa Pega | Mecha Gomora | Snake Darkness | Pigmon | Grigio Regina|
|Ultraman R/B Novel: The Blue-Eyed Girl Whose Name is Gray||Bakubarba | Nero | Margodon | Grigio | Fearmonger | Alien Egon Ciel | Barrigator No. 1 and 2 | Leugocyte|
|Ultraman Z Kaiju|
|Ultraman Z||Gomess | Sevenger | Genegarg | Bullton | Celebro | Neronga | Majappa | Bemstar | Segmeger | Windom | Guigass | Gomora | Telesdon | Erimaki-Telesdon | Peguila | Jugglus Juggler | Zeppandon | Gillvalis | Alien Pegassa Pega | Valis Raider | Skull Gomora | Thunder Killer | Pedanium Zetton | Alien Pitt | Tri-King | Five King | King Joe | Alien Barossa | Red King A & B | Giestron | Grigio Raiden | Kanegon | Greeza | Horoboros | Metsuboros | Alien Barossa II | Pagos | Kemur | Baraba | M1 | Kelbim | Mother Kelbim | Alien Barossa III | Ultroid Zero | Takkong | King Guesra | Demaaga | Gomess (S) | Destrudos|
|Fight! Sevenger||Sevenger | Jugglus Juggler | Crazygon | Diplas | Jirangon | Majaba|
|Sevenger Fight||Sevenger | Jugglus Juggler | Jirahs | Hellzking Revised | Eleking | Dancan | Pigmon | Garamon | Gazort | Reconstructed Pandon | Alien Icarus | Gandar | Alien Ghose | Beam Missile King | Pestar | Satan Beetle | Alien Boze | Alien Akumania | Alien Kettle | Oni-on|