Godzilla (ゴジラ Gojira) is a Kaiju created by Toho Company, which first appeared in the 1954 film Godzilla. Since then, Godzilla has become an internationally-known icon of Japanese cinema who had appeared many times throughout the Godzilla franchise as well as other media.
While never making a physical appearance, Godzilla has made some impact within the Ultraman Series. One of his suits, the MosuGoji suit, has made cameo appearances throughout some of the original series, such as the part one of the last episode of Ultraseven. Also, the monster Jirahs is famous for having the same design as Godzilla, (but with a crest) due to the fact it was created from Godzilla suits borrowed from Toho Company. Godzilla's suit was also used to create Gomess and his design was used for other monsters such as Arstron. Godzilla's roar has also been altered for many Ultra Kaiju, such as Red King or Bemular.
Godzilla's iconic roar can be heard in Dan's flashback montage to Seven's fights when his superior tells how the monsters he has fought have worn him down to nothing.
Godzilla's name along with Mothra's is mentioned in episode 49 of Ultraman Tiga.
Both Gamera and Godzilla figures are seen fighting in children's hands on Ultraman Max episode 11, Prophecy of Baradhi. Before the epic vinyl battle could be continued though, the two children are interrupted by an attack on the city by the monster Antlar.
- Height: Varies with incarnations (50 ~ 300 m)
- Weight: Varies with incarnations (10,000 ~ 100,000 t)
- Origin: Varies with incarnations
- Powers and Weapons
Godzilla's abilities have varied with each incarnation of the character. The following only lists the ones consistent throughout each of his appearances.
- Atomic Breath: Godzilla's signature move is the ability to exhale a concentrated discharge of radiation from the mouth.
- Spiral Heat Ray: Some incarnations of Godzilla are able to fire an even more powerful ray. There is the Blue Spiral Heat Ray, and the Red Spiral Heat Ray, the stronger of the two.
- Durability: Every Godzilla was able to withstand most military weapons; from tank fire and missiles to even atomic bombs.
- Underwater Adaptation: Godzilla can swim well and survive underwater, even in the deep ocean where water pressure is high.
- Regeneration: Along with his durability, Godzilla also has incredible regeneration. This ability varies between the different incarnations.
- Godzilla is Japan's first giant monster.
- Godzilla has indeed faced Ultraman in officially licensed media, although this happened in a fantasy soccer video game (Banpresto's Battle Soccer).
- The Mosugoji suit is used to portray the monster Gomess in Ultra Q.
- The suit is used again in Ultraman for the monster Jirahs.
- Bemular and Red King have edited Godzilla roars. Several other Ultra monsters used edited monster roars from Toho monsters, even into the Heisei era, such as Gatanothor.
- Since toys of Godzilla and Gamera appeared in Ultraman Max it is possible that they both existed in the Max Universe in the form of fictional characters in their respective franchises.
- Near the end of Ultraseven, when Dan is remembering his past battles, Godzilla's roar can be heard. In some versions an image of Godzilla can be seen implying Seven fought with the famous monster, or as a cameo since Ultraseven's creator was an offscreen collaborator on the first Godzilla movie.
- Both Godzilla and Ultraman are the creations of Eiji Tsuburaya, who served as the head of Toho's special effects. He also helped create several other famous Toho monsters like Mothra, Rodan, Baragon, and many more in Ishiro Honda's franchise.
- Haruo Nakajima, who has played as plenty of the Ultra Kaiju from Neronga, Gabora, and Jirahs, is very famous for playing Godzilla since the original 1954 film all the way into Godzilla vs Gigan in 1972. He has also played as other Toho monsters such Rodan, Varan, Baragon and Gaira (The Green Gargantua).
- With the confirmation that City Shrouded in Shadow for the PlayStation is coming out, Godzilla once again, crosses over with Ultraman for a second time, the first being Battle Soccer: Field no Hasha.
- Godzilla appears in a 1996 stage show to help Kamen Rider 1, Kamen Rider 2, the Carranger, Ultraman, Ultraseven, Kamen Rider X, and Ultraman Taro to fight various villains.
- More info about Godzilla at Wikizilla.