God Zenon (ゴッドゼノン Goddo Zenon) is a robot ally of Gridman, created and controlled by Ippei Baba and Yuka Inoue. The entire robot had its design inspired from a robot toy that belonged to Ippei's little sister, Kana Baba. To combine, Ippei needs to type the Access Code for God Zenon's name in Junk.
In Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad, it is simply named Zenon and piloted by the rest of the Team Samurai bandmates.
Subtitle: Combined Electric God (合体電神 Gattai Denshin)
Denkou Choujin Gridman
God Zenon was originally three separate parts of Assist Weapons that served as support vehicles during Gridman's combat against monsters. Thunder Jet and Twin Driller were created first by Ippei to fight against the threat of Terragaia before God Tank was introduced an episode later while fighting against Metallus. When Magnegauss sabotages the security system that was sold by a salesman (who also disguised as a cat burglar to increase his business), a combination program was made, thus giving birth to God Zenon.
Despite being a reliable partner to Gridman, God Zenon likewise is prone to Junk's malfunctioning as it would prevent Ippei and Yuka from controlling him again in certain situations. When Generadon caused the sports equipment in a local gym to go haywire and in turn drained Gridman of his energies, Ippei's quick thinking allows him to create the combination form Thunder Gridman, giving the cyber hero an advantage over brute strength at the cost of speed.
Denkou Choujin Gridman: The Demon King's Counterattack
Denkou Choujin Gridman: boys invent great hero
God Zenon was featured as part of Takeshi Todo's past recollection of Gridman's previous battles.
Thunder Jet (サンダージェット Sandā Jetto) is a giant jet based on the design of an aircraft. It forms the upper body of either God Zenon or Thunder Gridman.
- Overall Length: 62.1 m
- Full Width: 48.6 m
- Total Height: 19.8 m
- Gross Weight: 47,000 t
- Flight Speed: Mach 5
- Thunder Missiles (サンダーミサイル Sandā Misairu): Explosive missiles fired from the Thunder Jet.
- Thunder Ring (サンダーリング Sandā Ringu): A muzzle used to prevent Terragaia from exhaling hydrochloric acid.
Twin Driller (ツインドリラー Tsuin Dorirā) is a twin-nosed subterrene, created based on the design of tanks and can also fly airborne on its own. It forms the abdomen of God Zenon or Thunder Gridman's arm and shoulder armor.
In Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad, the drill is named Borr and is piloted by Sydney Forrester.
- Overall Length: 44.1 m
- Full Width: 21 m
- Total Height: 15 m
- Gross Weight: 21,000 t
- Traveling Speed: 100 km/h
- Twin Lasers (ツインレーザー Tsuin Rēzā): Twin lasers fired from the tips of the drills.
God Tank (ゴッドタンク Goddo Tanku) is a tracked vehicle based on the design of armored tanks, allowing Gridman to stand on it like a skateboard. It was created later than the other two components and forms the legs of God Zenon or Thunder Gridman's leg armor.
In Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad, the tank is named Tracto and is piloted by Tanker.
- Overall Length: 72.9 m
- Full Width: 21 m
- Total Height: 13.2 m
- Gross Weight: 32,000 t
- God Cannon (ゴッドキャノン Goddo Kyanon): Twin barrel cannons on its back, which launches God Laser (ゴッドレーザー Goddo Rēzā) ammunition.
- Height: 80 m
- Weight: 100,000 t
- Power: 2,000,000 horsepower
- Origin: Assist Weapon Selector, Junk server
- Powers and Weapons
- Endurance/Strength: As opposed to the acrobatic Gridman, God Zenon focuses on brute strength and enhanced endurance that allowed it to withstand far greater attacks.
- God Breaker (ゴッドブレイカー Goddo Bureikā): An uppercut punch attack, first used in episode 36.
- God Punch (ゴッドパンチ Goddo Panchi): God Zenon fires rocket punches at its opponent.
- Bullet Screw (ブレットスクリュー Buretto Sukuryū): A combination attack with Gridman and Dyna Dragon, used to defeat Magma Giras.
Since God Zenon's movements are remotely controlled by Ippei and Yuka through Junk, it can also become immobilized if said computer shows any signs of malfunctioning.
Thunder Gridman (サンダーグリッドマン Sandā Guriddoman) is a fusion/formation, with God Zenon acting as a power suit for Gridman. Thunder Gridman possess incredible strength and endurance at the cost of speed and agility.
In Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad, this form is named Synchro.
- Height: 88 m
- Weight: 160,000 t
- Thunder Grid Punch: A basic, yet powerful punch.
- Thunder Grid Kick: A basic, yet powerful kick.
- Thunder Grid Beam (サンダーグリッドビーム Sandā Guriddo Bīmu): A beam attack fired from the right hand. It is an enhanced version of the standard Grid Beam.
- Thunder Grid Fire (サンダーグリッドファイヤー Sandā Guriddo Faiyā): A stream of flames fired from the chest.
- Fixer Beam (フィクサービーム Fikusā Bīmu): Gridman can still use the Fixer Beam in this form.
- Drill Break (ドリルブレイク Doriru Bureiku): Twin Driller's drills are fired at the enemy.
- Chest Beam: Thunder Gridman fires an energy beam from the crystal on his chest.
- Missile: From the God Tank legs, Thunder Gridman fires a missile that punctures through an enemy.
- Dragon Spiral (ドラゴンスパイラル Doragon Supairaru): Thunder Gridman and King Gridman Sigma fire energy beams which turn into three dragons that strike the opponent.
Figure Release lnformation
An Ultra-Act figure of God Zenon was released in 2014.
- Design: Motoki Takaya
- As Denkou Choujin Gridman is sponsored by Takara, two other Takara-sponsored anime series were incorporated into God Zenon:
- Its head is purposely designed after Convoy (en: Optimus Prime), the leader of Cybertron (en: Autobots) from Fight! Super Robot Life Form Transformers.
- Ippei draws inspiration of God Zenon from an action figure which held by his little sister, Kana. Said figure was a repainted Jumbo Saber figure from The Brave Fighter of Legend Da-Garn.
- God Zenon and Dyna Dragon might be a tribute to Windom, Agira, and Miclas from Ultraseven because they help the main hero against the monsters even though the three of them worked by themselves and not by Ultraseven's side.
- The transformation of the Thunder Jet, Twin Driller, and God Tank into God Zenon is similar to that of Hikari Sentai Maskman's giant robot Great Five.
- Both the Thunder Jet and Masky Fighter (red fighter jets) form the upper torso (although Thunder Jet also forms the arms whereas the arms of Great Five are formed via Masky Jet and Masky Gyro).
- Both the Twin Driller and Masky Drill (black drill tanks) form the lower torso and thighs.
- Both the God Tank and Masky Tank (blue tanks) form the legs.
- In Denkou Choujin Gridman: boys invent great hero, God Zenon was shown with a large screw at the back of his head. This may be due to how it was animated based on its action figure.
- God Zenon's costume was designed as follows:
- The peepholes for the suit actor are actually located at the God Zenon's forehead. This kind of technique has long been practiced by mechas/Gattai Robo of Super Sentai Series.
- God Zenon's back is made of rigid urethane foam.
- When asked about the knee joint being consist of the Twin Driller's drill tip, KARZWORKS revealed that he told the manager that there is no way of including the drill into the robot formation. Unfortunately since Thunder Gridman formation does include Twin Driller, he was forced to put it in the knee parts, believing that super robots in the past do not have moving knee parts.
- Dyna Dragon - Another vehicular-type Assist Weapon of Gridman.
- Powered Zenon - The anime adaptation of God Zenon.
|Denkou Choujin Gridman||Gridman Sword | God Zenon | Dyna Dragon|
|SSSS.GRIDMAN||Neon Genesis Junior High Students/Powered Zenon|
(Gridman Calibur | Battle Tracto Max | Buster Borr | Sky Vitter)
|Showa Heroes||Kamen Rider 1 (Ichigo) | Mirrorman | Falcon | Redman | Red Fighter | Green Fighter | Orange Fighter | Triple Fighter | Jumborg Ace | Jumborg 9 | Fireman | Hanuman | Izenbo | Koseidon|
|Heisei Heroes||Gridman/Servo | WoO | Mirrorman Reflex | Gridman Sigma | Don Shine|
|Ally Heroes||God Zenon | Dyna Dragon | Mountain Gulliver 5 | Reimon | Mirror Knight | Glen Fire | Jean-Bot | Jean-Nine | War God | Powered Zenon | Gridknight|